PDA

View Full Version : Berlin

MissAnj
24-09-2011, 17:35
Hi

Does anyone have any good wild camping spots for Berlin? We are currently in Lithuania and will be travelling through Poland this week. We did look into getting a hotel for our stay as a bit of a luxury to finish off our Scandinavia / Baltic tour but they are so expensive!!!! So it is back to the good old wild camping...!

Thanks

Anjie

activecampers
24-09-2011, 18:08
Berlin is huge and fairly tight.

There is an ADAC aire pretty central (5 mins from the Checkpoint Charlie museum which we highly recommend - easy 1/2 day if you are vaguley interested in Berlin). Not cheap, maybe 15-20 - and not much more than a car park, but it is perfectly placed. Not sure wild camping would be that easy there though I stand to be corrected.

Mastodon
24-09-2011, 19:36
And you'll need the emissions sticker to get into the city centre.

David & Ann
24-09-2011, 22:29
Go to WEISSEN SEE in Berlin. It is great as a peaceful retreat. Infact they have a beach there, small, but inviting. Get a map of Berlin and try finding it. I am from Hamburg so do not know Berlin well. Been there once (Weissen See) plenty of parking around the sea. I don't think you will have a problem staying a while there.

Dezi
25-09-2011, 08:57
Hi, we stayed in the car park of the Berlin Avus for 3 nights & had a meal in the motel each evening,

excellent roast chicken, but watch out for the salmon - its cod !!!

Its not far from the tram stops & on the site of the old race circuit.

Google maps, street view available. 52.501594,13.277856

Dezi

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS