PDA

View Full Version : Horningsea, near Cambridge

twosugars
26-09-2011, 12:02
A rural car park set back from the road looking across the flat lands of cambridgeshire and close to the university city of cambridge

From junction 34 on the A14 take the B1047 through Horningsea village. Just after you leave the village you will find a layby set back on the right. drive through this and there is a parking area further away from the road next to a metal farm gate.
no regs or barriers at this time

donkey too
26-09-2011, 12:42
52.245329, 0.193055 is it. I have stayed there years ago. and forgotten it was there. nice quiet spot but be careful not to block use of the g\ate at all. some large farm machinery take a very wide berth.

Canalsman
26-09-2011, 12:42
Excellent spot - thanks :)

Added to the POI database.

Regards

Chris

100 T280
08-07-2012, 17:27
Just spent a peaceful night here, after 12 anyway when 2 cars eventually left.
When leaving, I noticed that a notice had been pinned to a tree from the Cambridgeshire Constabulary. Seems complaints from locals about used condoms and such, and reference to "cruising". Don't think this refers to boy racers either!
Anyway, seemed safe enough.....

Tbear
08-07-2012, 17:40
Just spent a peaceful night here, after 12 anyway when 2 cars eventually left.
When leaving, I noticed that a notice had been pinned to a tree from the Cambridgeshire Constabulary. Seems complaints from locals about used condoms and such, and reference to "cruising". Don't think this refers to boy racers either!
Anyway, seemed safe enough.....

Why can't the bl**dy low lifes keep it behind closed doors. Well at least those ones are using condoms and not breeding. We should be thankful for small mercies.

Richard

Mike Young
30-10-2013, 21:44
Used this location last night, got there just after dark and left about 9.30am. Nice quiet night, traffic died down after about 10.30pm. Several dog walkers used the place in the morning, no probs what so ever.

Jeffandange
22-06-2014, 13:18
Just pulled up to this spot to make camp for the night and it's perfect. Nice and shady and with a great outlook. The signs are still here saying that police are patrolling the area in relation to the used condoms etc., but I can't imagine there will be any problems :)

Martin P
22-06-2014, 14:59
Just pulled up to this spot to make camp for the night and it's perfect. Nice and shady and with a great outlook. The signs are still here saying that police are patrolling the area in relation to the used condoms etc., but I can't imagine there will be any problems :)

You'd have thought the old cops could afford new ones. Times are hard I suppose

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS