PDA

View Full Version : Baildon Moor - have you been moved on?

Canalsman
04-10-2011, 11:45
A member has reported that the police are moving people who park overnight on Baildon Moor.

I cannot find any grounds for this action - it doesn't appear that it is in a national park area for example.

Has anyone experienced this at first hand, or can anyone understand why the police are getting involved?

Thanks, as always, for all feedback :)

bigpieeater
04-10-2011, 12:29
I rent out a House about half a mile from Baildon Moor. There are 2 parking areas, the one up past the reservoir, on the Bingley Road is a popular dogging area. they may be moving all parked traffic on from there. It is a shame that the Police don't put as much effort into REAL issues, instead of these easy targets. I personally would not choose Baildon Moor as a stopover, it is regularly visited by the hot hatch brigade.

bigpieeater
04-10-2011, 12:30
I rent out a House about half a mile from Baildon Moor. There are 2 parking areas, the one up past the reservoir, on the Bingley Road is a popular dogging area. they may be moving all parked traffic on from there. It is a shame that the Police don't put as much effort into REAL issues, instead of these easy targets. I personally would not choose Baildon Moor as a stopover, it is regularly visited by the hot hatch brigade.

Sorry, forgot to say;
It is not a National Park or an AONB. It is simply common land, hope this helps.

Firefox
04-10-2011, 12:47
Yet another example of the police wasting public time and money instead of concentrating on catching rapists, murderers, and burglars.

Admin
04-10-2011, 12:51
My Cousin is a Police Traffic Officer with West Yorkshire Police and he covers this area. I spoke to him a few minutes ago and as far as he is aware there is no "orders" to move on motorhomes from these car parks. He is in work later and is going to enquire for us.

Canalsman
04-10-2011, 13:19
My Cousin is a Police Traffic Officer with West Yorkshire Police and he covers this area. I spoke to him a few minutes ago and as far as he is aware there is no "orders" to move on motorhomes from these car parks. He is in work later and is going to inquire for us.

Thanks Phil :)

cooljules
05-10-2011, 18:16
My Cousin is a Police Traffic Officer with West Yorkshire Police and he covers this area. I spoke to him a few minutes ago and as far as he is aware there is no "orders" to move on motorhomes from these car parks. He is in work later and is going to enquire for us.

ello ello ello. whats going on here then? (still waiting for the photos from the meet)

Admin
05-10-2011, 21:46
ello ello ello. whats going on here then? (still waiting for the photos from the meet)

Sorry bud the last two days have been hectic, I am trying to clear priority stuff then I will get round to it.

cooljules
05-10-2011, 22:04
Sorry bud the last two days have been hectic, I am trying to clear priority stuff then I will get round to it.
no probs. mind you, with a face like mine, the longer the better :-)

Viktor
06-10-2011, 21:08
I would always ask under what powers the officer is asking and note his/her ID for later reference in cases where you think
you may be in the right. They are obliged to tell you.....if they don't...they may not have actual legal authority...but it could
be a local bylaw which is behind it and they have the power to enforce those. However it is always useful to find out anyway.

Most likely however it is someone complaining of doggers and lewd behaviour so they're just clearing the whole site to
'prevent a breach of the peace' which might be capable of being challenged if you want to go to all the trouble. Problem is
with some police is they might just notice you have a defective brake light or something, so do you bring yourself to notice
or just move up the road? :mad:

channa
07-10-2011, 18:35
I would always ask under what powers the officer is asking and note his/her ID for later reference in cases where you think
you may be in the right. They are obliged to tell you.....if they don't...they may not have actual legal authority...but it could
be a local bylaw which is behind it and they have the power to enforce those. However it is always useful to find out anyway.

Most likely however it is someone complaining of doggers and lewd behaviour so they're just clearing the whole site to
'prevent a breach of the peace' which might be capable of being challenged if you want to go to all the trouble. Problem is
with some police is they might just notice you have a defective brake light or something, so do you bring yourself to notice
or just move up the road? :mad:

A slightly confrontational response Mark ? questioning powers etc . The problem isnt plod noticing you have a defective brake light , The problem is being considered a better judgement of the situation than they are with most peeps lack of legal knowledge yours included ?

Of course if you act like a prick , only natural that the plod will take a special interest in your vehicle.

Would you behave different ?

Channa

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS