PDA

View Full Version : Dec meetup xmas party somewhere central ish

cooljules
05-10-2011, 16:28
Well i dont celebrate xmas, being a athiest and single blah blah but whos up for a winter meet?

say middle of Dec? its a couple of months away, again long weekend, fri to Sun/mon

drinking lots of gluhwein etc etc. :-)

anyone know any locations? i am happy with Farndon, if were allowed back

i will have my van inside done by then.

if anyone is add ya name

CJ, Arthur n Wittmann

Firefox
05-10-2011, 16:40
I am going up North about the 20/21 Dec and spending 27-31 at Helwith Bridge and The Station Ribblehead (popular wilding locations in the Yorks Dales). So, if it was any earlier than 20/21 Dec I probably couldn't make it.

cooljules
05-10-2011, 16:44
I am going up North about the 20/21 Dec and spending 27-31 at Helwith Bridge and The Station Ribblehead (popular wilding locations in the Yorks Dales). So, if it was any earlier than 20/21 Dec I probably couldn't make it.

now i have never been up that way, sounds good. wouldnt mind spending the winter up there with the dogs.

Rubbertramp
05-10-2011, 16:49
Jooles....There is something being planned in Bettws-y Coed in North Wales at Xmas...Would it be a good idea to go there? The local council seems to be trying to encourage us....
http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/news/14399-betws-y-coed-christmas-event.html

cooljules
05-10-2011, 17:02
Jooles....There is something being planned in Bettws-y Coed in North Wales at Xmas...Would it be a good idea to go there? The local council seems to be trying to encourage us....
http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/news/14399-betws-y-coed-christmas-event.html

ah ok, just took a look. looks ok depending on fuel costs. i wont have a great deal of cash spare.

would like to go, just to show that motorhomes spend money locally. what we save on camp site fees seems to go on booze n pub grub at least lol

kimbowbill
05-10-2011, 18:37
i'm going to the Betsy thingy meet

cooljules
05-10-2011, 18:50
yup noticed that. that date might be a bit too soon for me, depends if the van is ready. hopefully it will be.

herbenny
05-10-2011, 19:43
Would love a meet in the South any chance ??????:bow:....it will be worth it for my mulled wine and sloe gin it will make you do a shimmy like this:wacko:
It took my hubby a week to get over the last lot and he swore never again.... until the next time ;)

Jac

Leltel
05-10-2011, 20:26
We have finally bit the bullet and booked to go away over xmas, as it's the only time in Dec that hubby has off. We are off to Lytton Lawn touring park from the 23-27th Dec. If anyone else is that way at the same time, come and say hello and have special xmas coffee ;) 
Lel

teen
05-10-2011, 21:21
i'm going to the Betsy thingy meet

??????? did I miss something..................whats occuring??? Whats the Betsy thing?????
TeenX

teen
05-10-2011, 21:23
??????? did I miss something..................whats occuring??? Whats the Betsy thing?????
TeenX

Dim or what - I Should start at the top of the page..........Wales ....................yep Husband better get better - tired of missing out.

cooljules
05-10-2011, 22:10
Would love a meet in the South any chance ??????:bow:....it will be worth it for my mulled wine and sloe gin it will make you do a shimmy like this:wacko:
It took my hubby a week to get over the last lot and he swore never again.... until the next time ;)

Jac

i hate mulled wine...bah its rank. drank loads in germany, they called it gluhwien (its still rank lol). sloe gin sounds mega though.

herbenny
06-10-2011, 04:54
Cooljules ........my sloe gin is the talk of the neighbourhood it has us all doing this this and this all at the same time :cheers::scared::rockroll::lol-04
and then some of this if it hasnt kocked you sideways :shag: .....:p . Its a Shame we cant make the betsty co thingy me jig but still if anyone want to meets more down the South we would be up for ideas too it would be nice to say :wave:.....

Jac

Tbear
06-10-2011, 07:30
Hi Herbenny,

Wales is a bit far for me in December. Where are you thinking of?

Richard

herbenny
06-10-2011, 16:09
Hi Richard.....:wave:

Not sure was hoping someone could come up with some ideas ...we are in the Sussex area so we are spolit for choice really. Dont mind travelling further afield though, but like yourself Wales is a bit to far for us especially during winter months and a bit costly too. Let me know if you have any ideas :idea:

Jac

Firefox
06-10-2011, 16:38
What about Charnwood Forest area?

Charnwood Forest - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charnwood_Forest)

Woods, hills, some of the oldest rocks in the UK, central, and easy access from the M1.

Tbear
06-10-2011, 16:50
What about Charnwood Forest area?

Charnwood Forest - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charnwood_Forest)

Woods, hills, some of the oldest rocks in the UK, central, and easy access from the M1.

Sounds good to me. Have you a spot in mind?

Tbear
06-10-2011, 17:10
Rutland water has several areas that can be hired for camping in tent or van but I have no idea how much it would cost. Nice easy cycle route around lake with pub stops. Water sports, bird watching etc.

Richard

Firefox
06-10-2011, 17:10
Most of the scenic bits seem to be around Woodhouse Eaves, Beacon Hill, and the Country Park.

Map of Woodhouse Eaves, Leicestershire (http://streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=452500&y=314500&z=120&sv=woodhouse+eaves&st=3&tl=Map+of+Woodhouse+Eaves,+Leicestershire+)

Either a pub or suitable wilding location round that way may be OK, but suggest pub if there are more than 3 or 4 vans.

Local attractions include Santa Specials on the Great Central Railway nearby: http://www.gcrailway.co.uk/Events.aspx?ID=340

Or walking around Beacon Hill: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beacon_Hill,_Leicestershire

herbenny
06-10-2011, 17:24
That charnwood forest looks like a lovely place would definatly like to visit sometime...however still a little bit far out for us things are tight for us right now :cry: saying that my sloe gin would be like rocket fuel would get us there in no time :lol-053: ............If anyone fancies maybe Wiltshire stonehenge perhaps that might be an idea...Just a thought. :wave:

Jac

herbenny
06-10-2011, 21:34
We would be up for stonehenge for sure !!!!!!!

Great !!!!.... Lets see if we can get the ball rolling then for a meet how would the 1st weekend in Dec sound ...my sloe gin should be well and truly potent by then hahahahahahahaha sinister laughter. :lol-053: Hope we can get a few more on board :wave:

Jac

MartianTom
06-10-2011, 21:53
Hi Jules,

Check out this thread - especially the later posts...

Maybe we could combine the Xmas meet with a bit of affirmative action!

http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/general-chat/15231-some-caravan-club-cls-losing-plot-2.html#post146568

angelaa
10-10-2011, 17:05
Is anyone planning anything for new year in the north west?

Firefox
10-10-2011, 17:10
Is anyone planning anything for new year in the north west?

I am going to be at The Station Ribblehead in the Dales. All welcome :)

kimbowbill
10-10-2011, 23:10

Whats happening there then FF? i usually go to Stonehaven for the fireballs but finances are looking a bit grim,

Moondance
11-10-2011, 19:23
I'd like to meet up somewhere! Christmas would be a good time to light a bonfire, sit and mull over the year and future roaming!

cooljules
17-10-2011, 12:28
yup. any ideas of locations? i know some people are having some this time of year, but too far to afford the fuel etc. at the mo.

Arnold
17-10-2011, 21:17
ANy plans for a meet in scotland?

Firefox
17-10-2011, 21:24
I'm going to Stonehenge again 3rd and 4th Dec.

cooljules
17-10-2011, 23:43
I'm going to Stonehenge again 3rd and 4th Dec.

i would not call that xmas meetup time lol

kimbowbill
19-10-2011, 20:46

Do you need tickets for New year?

Firefox
19-10-2011, 20:56
Do you need tickets for New year?

The Station Inn Ribblehead, Nr Ingleton, North Yorkshire, LA6 3AS (http://thestationinn.net/)

Hi Jen. I have checked with them. They are doing food and there is a fireworks display at midnight. The lady said no tickets or booking required, but when you know you are def coming just give her a ring and let them know the number of people, so they can make sure they can staff up and cater adequately.

Firefox
19-10-2011, 21:00
I'd like to meet up somewhere! Christmas would be a good time to light a bonfire, sit and mull over the year and future roaming!

We can also do Stonehenge on 16th to 18th Dec if you like.

The advantages of Stonehenge Byway, the Drove Road is that it is a big wilding place (space for 100+ vans) , no booking or asking required, and yes you can light a fire!!

kimbowbill
20-10-2011, 06:04
The Station Inn Ribblehead, Nr Ingleton, North Yorkshire, LA6 3AS (http://thestationinn.net/)

Hi Jen. I have checked with them. They are doing food and there is a fireworks display at midnight. The lady said no tickets or booking required, but when you know you are def coming just give her a ring and let them know the number of people, so they can make sure they can staff up and cater adequately.

Thanks Vern, thats me sorted for new year then, thank you xx

Viktor
20-10-2011, 10:43
From what I can see there is a firm meet at the end of November beginning of December in Wales and several others
proposed across the country around the same time, and yet more over Christmas and the New Year.

I'm starting to lose the plot lol.....perhaps we need these other proposed meetings now as separate threads? :rolleyes2:

donkey too
20-10-2011, 11:11

And listen to the call of the wild.....................Whitman........ Comen ze here! ... Platz.:lol-053::lol-053:Sorry mate

cooljules
20-10-2011, 11:55
And listen to the call of the wild.....................Whitman........ Comen ze here! ... Platz.:lol-053::lol-053:Sorry mate

lol yeah, aber es ist Wittmann :-) von meiner hero hauptsturmfuehrer
Michael Wittmann - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Wittmann)

cooljules
20-10-2011, 11:57
im up for a yorkshire one. as im sure i started this thread, it can be the yorkshire area one :-)

UND ZIS RULE IST TO BE OBEYED AT ALL COST JA!!

cooljules
20-10-2011, 11:58
From what I can see there is a firm meet at the end of November beginning of December in Wales and several others
proposed across the country around the same time, and yet more over Christmas and the New Year.

I'm starting to lose the plot lol.....perhaps we need these other proposed meetings now as separate threads? :rolleyes2:

i have noooooooooooooooo idea where you are.

cooljules
20-10-2011, 12:06
im willing to hire out Arthur, for people at other meets around the country :-) i doubt there would be many takes though lol

Viktor
20-10-2011, 12:11
Not if he's like your house in your utube video lol! :scared: :p

cooljules
20-10-2011, 12:15
Not if he's like your house in your utube video lol! :scared: :p
boooooo thats fighting talk that is lol

everyone on here loves arthur, they think hes so cute and nice (i think hes old ugly and stupid). but people who like him love him............................bah

im sure those who have met him, would be happy to have him for a meet, snuggled under their feet on a cold night (i use him as a draught excluder lol)

Firefox
20-10-2011, 12:45
It is a bit confusing, but here's a summary of what some options are:

2/3/4 December - Stonehenge There's a thread for that

2/3/4 December - Betwys - y - Coed There's a thread for that

16/17/18 Dec - Possibly Stonehenge again or another location (several mentioned) No thread for that yet though

28-31 Dec - The Station Ribblehead. No thread for that though

cooljules
20-10-2011, 12:46
It is a bit confusing, but here's a summary of what some options are:

2/3/4 December - Stonehenge There's a thread for that

2/3/4 December - Betwys - y - Coed There's a thread for that

16/17/18 Dec - Possibly Stonehenge again or another location (several mentioned) No thread for that yet though

28-31 Dec - The Station Ribblehead. No thread for that though

the last one looks ok for me

Firefox
20-10-2011, 14:06
the last one looks ok for me

Cool, if you are coming on new years eve give them a ring to let them know numbers, link to website with phone number is in this thread.

Otherwise, if coming on the other days at the Station, I think it is wild camping in their car park and you have a couple of halves in the pub ;)

cooljules
20-10-2011, 14:20
Cool, if you are coming on new years eve give them a ring to let them know numbers, link to website with phone number is in this thread.

Otherwise, if coming on the other days at the Station, I think it is wild camping in their car park and you have a couple of halves in the pub ;)

i wont know until mid dec. im struggling to get the inside of my van done, i cant do it myself, and my mates keep letting me down. trying to screw, hold on, lift by myself i just cant do, and hurts me back

Firefox
20-10-2011, 15:42
I can't think of any worse activity for a bad back than converting a motorhome. Driving screws in contorted locations or overhead while trying to put pressure to get them in is not good for a back. Even pipe and cable fitting requires twisting and contortion in a confined space.

cooljules
20-10-2011, 15:50
I can't think of any worse activity for a bad back than converting a motorhome. Driving screws in contorted locations or overhead while trying to put pressure to get them in is not good for a back. Even pipe and cable fitting requires twisting and contortion in a confined space.

yup, trying to hold something in mid air while trying to fix in place. i have electric saw, but the vibes go straight through my back, that hurts like hell.

tried to use L shape brackets, holding the wood steady with one hand, trying to keep the bracket in place AND power screw it in. bah. its all wonky and not tight. mind you, with the crap effort i made of the skeleton wooden frame for the hob n sink over the last 2 weeks, i can see how poor it is, so will take it down and do it again.

decided against how you have your bed. now just got a normal pull out sofa/bed. but using your storage rear system, 60% of the width of the rear, with access for a toilet room.

somone off my local freecycle, has offered to come and lend a hand, and hes got a nice DIY converted van he showed me. and if anyone in sheffield whos good at diy could lend a hand, that would be great. i want to get away in a month, so i can pick up the camping sat dish, and take the dogs to the seaside for a week. they have missed nights out camping, and will get me away from the neighbours from hell for a bit lol

The time of year doesnt help, when its cold n damp, i feel it more in my back.

kimbowbill
20-10-2011, 21:51
i wont know until mid dec. im struggling to get the inside of my van done, i cant do it myself, and my mates keep letting me down. trying to screw, hold on, lift by myself i just cant do, and hurts me back

i can help you out for a couple of hours sat or sunday Jules, i can screw:lol-049: no really, if you want hand just let me know, i'm not toatally useless

cooljules
20-10-2011, 21:55
i can help you out for a couple of hours sat or sunday Jules, i can screw:lol-049: no really, if you want hand just let me know, i'm not toatally useless

that would be spot on, until i can afford the thin wooden sides etc, just help doing the frame will be great, for the cooking area and for the storage/wardrobe area.

either is good for me, just let me know which is best for you. :-) will charge up me batteries lol

kimbowbill
20-10-2011, 22:19
that would be spot on, until i can afford the thin wooden sides etc, just help doing the frame will be great, for the cooking area and for the storage/wardrobe area.

either is good for me, just let me know which is best for you. :-) will charge up me batteries lol

i can come sat afternoon say from 12 ish and same agen sunday pm or email me your address and which day is best for you,

cooljules
20-10-2011, 22:25
i can come sat afternoon say from 12 ish and same agen sunday pm or email me your address and which day is best for you,
will do, ta for the offer to help, really appriciated (and the dogs do too, means they can get trips away sooner!!)

kimbowbill
21-10-2011, 07:00
will do, ta for the offer to help, really appriciated (and the dogs do too, means they can get trips away sooner!!)

your welcome:banana:

LIFEBOATMAN
21-10-2011, 19:40
Hi cooljules, Im not too far away from you Barnsley, up for a Dec meet and pos over the Humbug period too. Will keep checking this Thread.

tclarkie
22-10-2011, 19:40
Hi Cooljules, i be up for meeting at Ribblehead for xmas period. I been up there before but instead of parking on the pub carpark or the main road i park facing the railway station up a small lane. If you stand at the pub facing upwards back to Ingleton there is a small track road which is just on the left just pass under bridge. There is plenty of parking up there for alot of vans and is idea for dog owners to walk their dogs around the old quarry....

see you all there....:wave:

Tracey

kimbowbill
22-10-2011, 20:48
Hi Cooljules, i be up for meeting at Ribblehead for xmas period. I been up there before but instead of parking on the pub carpark or the main road i park facing the railway station up a small lane. If you stand at the pub facing upwards back to Ingleton there is a small track road which is just on the left just pass under bridge. There is plenty of parking up there for alot of vans and is idea for dog owners to walk their dogs around the old quarry....

see you all there....:wave:

Tracey

Really pleased your coming tracey, hoping DTdog and Beamer will be joining us, we will have a blast, xx

Firefox
31-10-2011, 19:49
Yes, up that track is where I am going most of the time. But the Station Inn is close by and also MH friendly

billi
03-11-2011, 12:21
just trying to confirm if the stonehenge(3rd-4th dec)+the ribblehead(30th-31st dec)are defo on.if so we would like to attend both.billi

Firefox
03-11-2011, 12:41
Hi Billi, yes they are both on defo.

Also Stonehenge again this weekend for bonfire and fireworks.

billi
03-11-2011, 16:38
hi firefox,do we just say were coming to them or do we need to book something in advance.(at the actual place or with a member on here)also,is everyone just going on a friday-saturday nite.billi

Firefox
03-11-2011, 18:07
Stonehenge, just turn up there is loads of space! Optional activities: Walking, see the stones, photography, Woodhenge/Avebury (touring), meet the druids (really friendly), camp fire, gather firewood, protest demo about closing of the track (3rd/4th)

Ribblehead; there should be enough space down the track I think ( I haven't been before), but I can let someone know who does and they can tot up numbers, but it should be fine in any case.

If you want to go to the Station Inn at Ribblehead for New Years drinks/eats and fireworks, then you can phone to let them know numbers for catering. It's not official but just to help them out.

The Station Inn - Ribblehead Viaduct, Ingleton, LA6 3A6 (http://thestationinn.net/)

The Station Inn - Camping & Caravans - Ribblehead, Ingleton, Carnforth, Lancashire, LA6 3AS (http://www.thestationinn.net/camping_caravans.asp)

billi
03-11-2011, 19:43
thanks for the reply,will put it on our calender.will be nice to go to station inn for new years eve,but we want to see if anyone else is booking in as well,as we dont know anyone.

kimbowbill
03-11-2011, 22:44
thanks for the reply,will put it on our calender.will be nice to go to station inn for new years eve,but we want to see if anyone else is booking in as well,as we dont know anyone.

Hi Billi
you will be fine, i have met some of the memebrs that are coming and they are all a great bunch ov peeps, i will be booking shortly

Jen

kellyjohn
09-11-2011, 18:29
hello all i might be up for this one depends away in nov will see how van behaves sounds like a nice place will let you all no later after return end nov fingers crossed will be ok cheers all john and shakey jakey:wave:

billi
24-11-2011, 15:17
when we turn up at stonehenge on the 2nd dec,where do we aim for and how will we recognise anyone from the forum.billi

Firefox
24-11-2011, 16:37
I am aiming to get up on the Friday so look out for my van (as per avatar pic) come in for a coffee or something stronger!

Otherwise Basildog has a low profile Swift about 9m long... or is it 10m...anyway it's pretty long!

Or the resident druids Kim and Andrea in the sand coloured truck are usually there. They're not on this forum but they know all about us.

ourglenard
24-11-2011, 22:59
[QUOTE=Firefox;153357

Otherwise Basildog has a low profile Swift about 9m long... or is it 10m...anyway it's pretty long
Its a stealth camper ! They will never see it !

...Park it ACROSS the drove rd then!!!:danger:

I'll be up there too...prob. not 'till Sat. tho'........See Y'all there!!

lotty
25-11-2011, 14:09
is the Station Inn meet going to be at the Station Inn parking area or up the road at the other wilding spot?
Think we going to go on 27th Dec for couple of days as long as it doesn't snow too bad, never driven the MH in snow!!:scared:
if it does Jen, will you come and fetch us and drive it for me, lol?
Don't think we will stop for the new years eve do as it may be too crowded for the dog?? Will see how it goes.

See you all there :wave:
:cheers:
Lotty

Firefox
25-11-2011, 14:25
It's at the other wilding spot up the road on the other side of the railway. But no doubt we will go the station inn for a few jars and maybe for new years eve. I'm not sure.

kimbowbill
25-11-2011, 16:34
is the Station Inn meet going to be at the Station Inn parking area or up the road at the other wilding spot?
Think we going to go on 27th Dec for couple of days as long as it doesn't snow too bad, never driven the MH in snow!!:scared:
if it does Jen, will you come and fetch us and drive it for me, lol?
Don't think we will stop for the new years eve do as it may be too crowded for the dog?? Will see how it goes.

See you all there :wave:
:cheers:
Lotty

Hi Lotty

Not sure where it is, Tracey knows it well, of course i will drive it for you, as long you and Neil look after H&K, lol, well i'm stopping for NY, i've nowhere else to go :cry:

Jen xx

solarman
25-11-2011, 21:30
I,m going to stonehenge and ribblesdale meet ups ,i,ll be in a transit campervan with autocamper graphics on ,look forward to
Seeing you all and having a laugh,soon be xmas atb solarman.

kimbowbill
26-11-2011, 00:15
I,m going to stonehenge and ribblesdale meet ups ,i,ll be in a transit campervan with autocamper graphics on ,look forward to
Seeing you all and having a laugh,soon be xmas atb solarman.

Great, yeah looking forward to meeting new people too, i'm not going to Stonehenge, too far for me, but will be at RH for deffo

Jen xx

whitevanwoman
27-11-2011, 23:00
Hi folks, newbie to forum...

Singleton with dog and new (unconverted) tranny van in North West and no plans for Crimbo / New Year, would love to join you at Ribblehead but not sure if I'm brave enough...

Firefox
27-11-2011, 23:03
Be brave! We're friendly! The only question being is your dog brave enough to meet Jen's Henry ;-)

whitevanwoman
27-11-2011, 23:15
Lol, my rigg the pig (google for more info) has a healthy sense of self-preservation, ie, he is quite happy to let other dogs be top dog, and will happily turn tail and flee, especially from staffies, terriers and dogs smaller or bigger than him.

And yet bless him, he would fight tooth and nail to protect me.

Definitely considering Ribblehead, know the area well but not been there for couple of years.

I've dossed down in the back of the Partner in a quarry not far from the Ingleton waterfalls walk car park, nice little quiet spot, will try to find grid ref on map and will post. About 10 years ago though, so maybe its changed now. Have also wild camped in the car park below Pen y ghent (not the Horton side, the other side) - land on side of road owned by farmer with honesty box in operation. Farmer agreed for donation in honesty box.

Firefox
27-11-2011, 23:47
Haha. Henry is a big softy really, the emphasis being on the "big" :lol-053:

DTDog
28-11-2011, 09:21
It's at the other wilding spot up the road on the other side of the railway. But no doubt we will go the station inn for a few jars and maybe for new years eve. I'm not sure.

Can someone post up the actually location so us from Sheffield dont get lost!!

Also, as it's not actually at the pub, do we still have to ring to let them know. If we do, then do we do this as individuals or as a group??! :confused::help::help::confused:

cooljules
28-11-2011, 09:28
Can someone post up the actually location so us from Sheffield dont get lost!!

Also, as it's not actually at the pub, do we still have to ring to let them know. If we do, then do we do this as individuals or as a group??! :confused::help::help::confused:

just follow your nose............jenny is going first ;-)

no idea about the boozer set up etc. i take it the location is just in the middle of nowhere?

cooljules
28-11-2011, 09:30
Haha. Henry is a big softy really, the emphasis being on the "big" :lol-053:

henry didnt seem that soft the other week when he got close up and personal with squibbly lol

Firefox
28-11-2011, 10:16
Ribblehead, Carnforth - Google Maps (http://g.co/maps/pgsuj)

In Google maps above you'll see a dead end road leading to a disused quarry opposite the Rail Station on the other side of the tracks. There's a car park at the end of the track. As far as I know it's there. Turn on roads and features on the map and you'll also see the Station Inn which is close. I am 95% sure this is the place. I haven't been before!... It's probably on the POI.

If you are going to the Station Inn for New Years Eve, give them a ring to let them know numbers for catering. This is just a courtesy call done individually not as a group.

Edit: Just checked and it is on the POI listed as : CR Ribblehead Quarry (N Yorkshire)

There are 4 locations near there, The Quarry, The Station Inn Car Park, and two public car parks up Lower Sleights Road. The POI pin marker lists the actual place as the little car park almost opposite the the rail Station on the track leading to the quarry, but there looks plenty of space all down there.

DTDog
28-11-2011, 10:47
Thanks for that Firefox.
Unless the weather is really bad, you can count me and the family to be there.

I'm probably going to be there from 27th through till ......... I get bored. So possibly see the New Year in, or if me and the wife have one of our famous arguments it may even be the evening of the 27th when I set off back home !! With or without her, so Jen, hope you got a spare bed for SHIRLEY (not Shiela as you put on the other thread!!).

whitevanwoman
28-11-2011, 12:49
At the risk of being facetious, aim for the biggest Victorian bridge you have ever seen, the road takes you there directly... from memory the pub is spitting distance from the bridge, and surrounded by open moorland which I'm guessing is classed as common land unless enclosed. I think there is a track under the bridge leading to a flattish spot, I think someone has mentioned that as a good place to stop. I don't recall the quarry but it might be that although marked as a quarry on the map, it is not obvious on the ground any more.

I'm only about 25 miles away so I'm thinking of having an overnight recce, possibly end of next week, will get some photos and have a chat with the landlord in the pub and will keep you all posted.

My only concern about NYE is fireworks and the dog (he's suddenly become very noise sensitive over the past couple of years after being bomb proof when he was younger) so I might consider moving slightly further away from the pub that night.

DTDog
28-11-2011, 13:10
As the weather will play a BIG factor in not only how many turn up (if any) and how long people stay, but may also prove a factor in some setting off and finding that for what ever reason they have to turn back or stay elsewhere. Would it be a good idea to exchange mobile numbers for this one, just in case anyone needs help of any kind.

Mine is 07896888130

If you do not want to plaster your number all over the website, then PM me (or even text it to me. Remember to put your name on if texting).

Or just take mine down and use that as the main point of contact, I don't care!

whitevanwoman
28-11-2011, 13:29
Cheers, I'll text you with mine at some point.

I can post local weather / travel updates nearer the time if it helps.

DTDog
28-11-2011, 13:34
Cheers, I'll text you with mine at some point.

I can post local weather / travel updates nearer the time if it helps.

Sounds like a plan.

cooljules
28-11-2011, 14:27
im def going, with our lass as she sure shes off then, as long as my camprevan aint damaged as woke upto find white paint all over the car this morning.....its getting beyond a joke with the scummy neighbours..

of to leigh tomorrow to get the van done :-)

kimbowbill
28-11-2011, 15:43
Hi folks, newbie to forum...

Singleton with dog and new (unconverted) tranny van in North West and no plans for Crimbo / New Year, would love to join you at Ribblehead but not sure if I'm brave enough...

Be brave, you will soooo enjoy it, everyone is really nice, honest, i know sometimes on here it dont seem like it but the trouble causes dont go to meets, they daren't, lol, i'l put that hat on now Mary thanks lol

really, plz join us,

Jen also singleton lol

cooljules
28-11-2011, 15:49
Be brave, you will soooo enjoy it, everyone is really nice, honest, i know sometimes on here it dont seem like it but the trouble causes dont go to meets, they daren't, lol, i'l put that hat on now Mary thanks lol

really, plz join us,

Jen also singleton lol

i agree Jen, they should come (not janice as i kept thinking it was lol). if you have never been and feel nervous dont, some really fantastic guy out of the blue arranged a meet up not long ago, and lots and lots of people turned up, who had never met before and it was a great...it was the weekened in sept with hot and sunny weather (the guy picked that weekend 6 weeks before as he knew the weather would be great).

Not sure the fantastic guy who started this thread can do owt about the weather at the new year.....no matter how cool he is. :-)

kellyjohn
05-12-2011, 16:05
Well after having fantastic time last meet will def be coming to rb ,i went to yorkshire in van at end nov had fantastic time and the van behaved itself for my first long run looking forward to seing you all not sure what day but prob 29th for info my no is 07952991507 cheers john i will prob leave jake at home as he loves his open fire bless his padded feet cheers:wave:

kimbowbill
05-12-2011, 16:13
Well after having fantastic time last meet will def be coming to rb ,i went to yorkshire in van at end nov had fantastic time and the van behaved itself for my first long run looking forward to seing you all not sure what day but prob 29th for info my no is 07952991507 cheers john i will prob leave jake at home as he loves his open fire bless his padded feet cheers:wave:

Will be lovely tto see you John xx

cooljules
05-12-2011, 17:19
is the location v close to the pub? i couldnt work out the situation, was just a area in the middle of nowhere but a pub was mentioned, where we foned up first.

Firefox
06-12-2011, 00:58
Ribblehead, Carnforth - Google Maps (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Ribblehead,+Carnforth&hl=en&ll=54.204499,-2.356696&spn=0.007593,0.026157&sll=53.800651,-4.042969&sspn=15.738773,53.569336&vpsrc=6&hnear=Ribblehead,+Carnforth+LA6+3AS,+United+Kingdo m&t=h&z=16)

Check out the above link and my post number 85 above. The link shows the pub and the main wilding spot is on the track opposite the network rail station but on the (opposite) south side of the railway lines.

Also check out your wild camping POI on google earth/maps. There should be 4 locations in this area. The track, the pub car park, and two car parks up lower sleights road, they are all within 1 mile of each other so plenty of space,

cooljules
06-12-2011, 06:37

you have to bring shakeyjakey, sure he would love it.

i think the pub car park would be less windy etc, less exposed.

cooljules
06-12-2011, 06:37
so who is

DEF GOING.

Cooljules, Kaye and dogs

HOPING TO GO

kimbowbill
06-12-2011, 18:26
i'm deffo goin, Henry and Keisha are too, so they say, i can put a sledge on Henry if it snows :dance:

rebbyvid
06-12-2011, 19:21
Hers a few pics of site for those interested
ribblesdale bank holiday 2010 pictures by rebbyvid - Photobucket (http://s161.photobucket.com/albums/t203/rebbyvid/ribblesdale%20bank%20holiday%202010/)

cooljules
06-12-2011, 19:26
ribblesdale bank holiday 2010 pictures by rebbyvid - Photobucket (http://s161.photobucket.com/albums/t203/rebbyvid/ribblesdale%20bank%20holiday%202010/)

hope they dont have that stupid train going..last thing i want to be woken is by a train!!

Randonneur
06-12-2011, 21:57
This meet sounds interesting, I have'nt been up that way yet. :scooter:

Might pop up for a couple of days if I get time, it would be good to put faces to names.:dance:

lotty
06-12-2011, 22:24
so who is

DEF GOING.

Cooljules, Kaye and dogs

HOPING TO GO

We are DEFO GOING (lotty, hubby and dog)
lets hope the snow stays away long enough to let us get up there?
:wave:

whitevanwoman
06-12-2011, 22:34
i'm deffo goin, Henry and Keisha are too, so they say, i can put a sledge on Henry if it snows :dance:

If there's snow, I'll bring Rigg's sledge and husky harness. In fact I'll bring it anyway, cos I've adapted it to fit some wheels - transport home from the pub :fun:

Probably definitely going (Ms Noncommitment)

solarman
10-12-2011, 00:18
i think the recent weather news has put a few people off,i,m still going but will check the weather a couple of days before i set off,it;s mainly heavy snow and ice that will prevent this meet up,i suggest everybody take precautions and double check weather forecasts before going,play it safe folks...
Solarman.

Oasis
10-12-2011, 08:26
Having just joined here, and had a quick gander through this thread, do I gather that people are hoping to meet up at Ribblesdale after Christmas? We are in the south Lakes until the Friday before New Year so could divert on the way back. What dates are people hoping to be there? :king:

DTDog
10-12-2011, 08:29
i think the recent weather news has put a few people off,i,m still going but will check the weather a couple of days before i set off,it;s mainly heavy snow and ice that will prevent this meet up,i suggest everybody take precautions and double check weather forecasts before going,play it safe folks...
Solarman.

In the light of the weather forcast, I have taken extra precautions, doubleing up on my winter supplies .......... 4 bottles of Whiskey rather than the normal 2!!

Unless the road is closed, I'm still planning on 'trying' to get there.

DTDog
10-12-2011, 08:33
Having just joined here, and had a quick gander through this thread, do I gather that people are hoping to meet up at Ribblesdale after Christmas? We are in the south Lakes until the Friday before New Year so could divert on the way back. What dates are people hoping to be there? :king:

I think the general idea is 28th December through till New Year, or until we get evicted!!

IF the weather allows it, and everyone who says they are coming, does. Then it should be a good meet up.

cooljules
10-12-2011, 10:09
29th for us, cos of Kayes work, but till 2nd. bit of snow isnt a problem, cant see weather putting people off, as its the time of year where you dont expect sunshine and warm weather so prepare for the worst.

Pollik
10-12-2011, 10:53
If I can get my van fixed in time, if it doesn't mess up family arrangements, if the weather is not too extreme for what will be the first real test of my van, then I am seriously thinking about it.

Does anyone want to design a flyer we can print off and stick in our windows...something like Wildcamping.co.uk New Year Meet 28 Dec 2011 to 4 Jan 2012. It might reassure the locals that we are not moving in and that we are respectable, #cough#, bona fide and all that rubbish.

kimbowbill
10-12-2011, 10:56
If I can get my van fixed in time, if it doesn't mess up family arrangements, if the weather is not too extreme for what will be the first real test of my van, then I am seriously thinking about it.

Does anyone want to design a flyer we can print off and stick in our windows...something like Wildcamping.co.uk New Year Meet 28 Dec 2011 to 4 Jan 2012. It might reassure the locals that we are not moving in and that we are respectable, #cough#, bona fide and all that rubbish.

Thats a great idea Polly, we could have something like, "Dale farm" somewhere on it lol,

solarman
11-12-2011, 21:14
all's quiet on the western front......:)

Oasis
12-12-2011, 18:00

cooljules
12-12-2011, 18:03

what?

donkey too
12-12-2011, 18:05

Great pics. Thanks mate. Now can anyone supply pics of what it will realy be like? I.e. with 2 foot of snow.;):cool1::D

Oasis
12-12-2011, 19:07

Tried to upload a poster but no luck!! Then tried to delete it and no luck again!!

Canalsman
13-12-2011, 00:14
Have a look here at wild camping options at the pub The Station Inn - Camping & Caravans - Ribblehead, Ingleton, Carnforth, Lancashire, LA6 3AS (http://thestationinn.net/camping_caravans.asp)

Dogs are welcome too :)

I may be attending if plans to visit my daughter in Surrey fall through - she's in the throes of buying a house and hopefully moving ...

brummy
13-12-2011, 09:41
it sounds good to me were let me no mine up for anywere better than bein on my owen just me and the pupps
brum:king::cool1::beer:

DTDog
13-12-2011, 13:56
Have a look here at wild camping options at the pub The Station Inn - Camping & Caravans - Ribblehead, Ingleton, Carnforth, Lancashire, LA6 3AS (http://thestationinn.net/camping_caravans.asp)

Dogs are welcome too :)
I may be attending if plans to visit my daughter in Surrey fall through - she's in the throes of buying a house and hopefully moving ...

That's me sorted then !!!

billi
13-12-2011, 17:09
IF the weather is crap for ribblehead(lets be honest it can be),as anyone got an alternative.-billi

Apache Two
13-12-2011, 19:15
Hi all..
Well this met that is going down can someone tell me if it's still on as from the 16th of dec I am on my travels and would like to meet up with you lot as never been to a meet yet.
So if someone can post or mail me I will endeavour to make my way to this location..
Thanks in Advance..
Apache. AKA. Brian...

DTDog
13-12-2011, 19:29
We are setting off on 28th December aiming to get there sometime in the early afternoon. I am setting off from Sheffield, but I understand that at least one person lives within fifteen minutes of the meet. The last thing will I do before I set off will be to check this thread (well, I'll probably check Facebook as well, but thats cause I'm an addict) and see if anyone has posted a weather report for the area and if, in their opinion it is safe to travel. I will then use that at as guide. Although, it will take a lot for me to not set off, especially in the van. If I get stuck I'll just put the heating on and camp there!! Wildcamping on the A629 anyone??

See you all on the 28th

Dave (me)
Shirley (the lovely wife)
Jack (our son)
& Poppy (the dog).

whitevanwoman
13-12-2011, 20:59
We are setting off on 28th December aiming to get there sometime in the early afternoon. I am setting off from Sheffield, but I understand that at least one person lives within fifteen minutes of the meet. The last thing will I do before I set off will be to check this thread (well, I'll probably check Facebook as well, but thats cause I'm an addict) and see if anyone has posted a weather report for the area and if, in their opinion it is safe to travel. I will then use that at as guide. Although, it will take a lot for me to not set off, especially in the van. If I get stuck I'll just put the heating on and camp there!! Wildcamping on the A629 anyone??

See you all on the 28th

Dave (me)
Shirley (the lovely wife)
Jack (our son)
& Poppy (the dog).

I live about 25 miles away, about 45 mins drive. I'll post regular weather updates on this thread about local conditions in the week before and over Christmas. There's also another thread called "it's snowing here..." so check that aswell.

Will probably be there on the 28th but if weather is good, I may well go down on the 27th.

WVW and Rigg the pig (Facebook users - search for "Rigg the pig"!)

sureview
15-12-2011, 12:13
my project is about 60% done at the mo, may make it to ribble, depends on the space heater getting fitted !

but my top tip, buy a good hot glue gun, not one of those piddling things in the diy shops, i have an arrow branded one, cost about 28, take 30cm long by 12mm glue sticks

its fantastic for tempory fitting or mock ups, all my cupboards were tacked together and test fitted, when i was happy with the fit etc i screwd them toghter

i have also used it many times to hold up brackets and bits of timber just tack the item with glue hold it inplace for 20 secs while the glue cools , then get the screwdriver out to fix it properly.

hope that helps, i have done the entire inside of my van on my own, apart from the 4m x 2m veltrim roof linning which i wanted to do in a single piece with no joins, so that was a two man job.

my be at ribble

sureview
15-12-2011, 12:32
poster for the meet !

buster
24-12-2011, 21:42
hi

We would like to join the meet at New year do we just turn up? Thanks Joyce & John

kimbowbill
24-12-2011, 22:04
hi

We would like to join the meet at New year do we just turn up? Thanks Joyce & John

Yep, its looking that way, the pub is not taking anymore bookings, be nice to see you there, follow the other thread also, title ribblehead, give you some idea of whats in store for the new year, looks like us ladies will be fighting with cocks and the boys with meccanno :dance:

cooljules
24-12-2011, 22:20
And helicopter flying ? Dog throwing competition maybe too ????? Think we could win that one as we got mothers rat dog for the week too !!!! lol

well were having a bbq............................................... .................................................. .................................................. ................

kimbowbill
24-12-2011, 22:24
And helicopter flying ? Dog throwing competition maybe too ????? Think we could win that one as we got mothers rat dog for the week too !!!! lol

lol, wonder who can throw Henry lol,

DTDog
25-12-2011, 10:24
Cool we got a couple of disposable ones with us we could cook the dogs after throwing them ?????

Disposable dogs ????

Remember a dog is for life, not for throwing at Christmas !!

solarman
25-12-2011, 17:13
I,m out of this meet up. Just had a wheel bearing go on me today had to get brought home.as looking forward to this oh well
hope you allhave a good time up there don,t forget to post some pictures,solarman.

kimbowbill
27-12-2011, 06:21
I,m out of this meet up. Just had a wheel bearing go on me today had to get brought home.as looking forward to this oh well
hope you allhave a good time up there don,t forget to post some pictures,solarman.

:sad::sad::sad::sad: what a shame, there will be plenty more next year, i'm sure of it, take care and a happy new year to you xx

solarman
28-12-2011, 01:24
:sad::sad::sad::sad: what a shame, there will be plenty more next year, i'm sure of it, take care and a happy new year to you xx
no worries,actually glad it went before i set off but looking forward to the next meets up there,it sounds like a good wilding spot,hope you aall all have a good time up there,don;t forget to post some pics,
Solarman

lotty
28-12-2011, 08:58
Hi all,
I have just been on phone to Jen (kimbowbill) Shes had a very scary night at Ribblehead on her own.
Is anyone going up there today? She doesn't want to spend another night up there on her own!:scared:
We we're going to go up tomorrow.

can anyone help identify Which location is the meet at?
Jen said the pub field is no good for vans to park on, it's too wet and uneven plus theyve got bolders across the entrance. Pub car park is only big enough for cars and gets very full too.
She said 3 other locations flagged up on sat nav, she stayed in one last night on side of the road - thats too noisey, (idiots driving past tooting) only enough room for a couple of vans.
Another One she walked up, the road access was too bumpy for larger vans and again you are parked on the grass verge of the road, there are bolders put on them too!
The only other location is down by the station which she hasn't yet checked out yet as the road looks narrow and she doesn't want to get stuck if she can't turn around.

Are we best trying for a different, less remote location?

Whitevanwoman, Jess, she said she is going to drive up to you today as doesnt want to stay there on her own again as it is so remote.

Thanks Lotty,

whitevanwoman
28-12-2011, 09:07
Hi all,
I have just been on phone to Jen (kimbowbill) Shes had a very scary night at Ribblehead on her own.
Is anyone going up there today? She doesn't want to spend another night up there on her own!:scared:
We we're going to go up tomorrow.

can anyone help identify Which location is the meet at?
Jen said the pub field is no good for vans to park on, it's too wet and uneven plus theyve got bolders across the entrance. Pub car park is only big enough for cars and gets very full too.
She said 3 other locations flagged up on sat nav, she stayed in one last night on side of the road - thats too noisey, (idiots driving past tooting) only enough room for a couple of vans.
Another One she walked up, the road access was too bumpy for larger vans and again you are parked on the grass verge of the road, there are bolders put on them too!
The only other location is down by the station which she hasn't yet checked out yet as the road looks narrow and she doesn't want to get stuck if she can't turn around.

Are we best trying for a different, less remote location?

Whitevanwoman, Jess, she said she is going to drive up to you today as doesnt want to stay there on her own again as it is so remote.

Thanks Lotty,

She's on her way up to me now, should be here within the hour. We'll keep you posted.

lotty
28-12-2011, 09:19
She's on her way up to me now, should be here within the hour. We'll keep you posted.

I said I don't mind coming over your way for a couple of nights if you know of any spots that'll fit a few of us in?

whitevanwoman
28-12-2011, 10:27
Jen's here at mine now, talking to DTDog sorting out where we're going to stay. Watch this space for more info...

Oasis
30-12-2011, 15:38
Just returned from a very windy South Lakes, and buckets of rain. Last night was the first night that we did not think the van was going to be blown over!!Won't be able to make ribblesdalw this weekend ,but hope to meet you all in the New Year!

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS