PDA

View Full Version : Any recommended sites in the Fleetwood or St Annes area

Steve and Thea
11-10-2011, 19:41
This is my first post, so I hope I'm doing it right :)
Can anyone suggest any wild sites near the sea in St Annes or Fleetwood area? Hoping to go that way this weekend.

rebbyvid
11-10-2011, 20:49
You should be able to park at Fairhaven Lake at Lytham/St Annes there was a debate on their website where they were going to open the car parks in the Fylde area to motorhomes but not sure of the outcome .Another spot is the beach rd at blackpool just after the Norbreck Castle it forks left for Cleveleys and you will find you can park there but it is getting over run with vans now.( i stopped in the summer my first and last night there and got no sleep due to traffic on the concrete road so not ideal)

Rubbertramp
11-10-2011, 21:09
It may not be wild but it's Wild West.......near Lytham.

About (http://www.fort-san-antone.com/)

Stopped here a couple of summers ago.....a tenner a night for two peeps and a dog inclusive of electricity, shower block, laundry and a massive clubhouse done out to look like a saloon.....Country & Western isn't my bag but it was a great atmosphere.

Steve and Thea
11-10-2011, 21:21
Thankyou Rebbyvid and Rubbertramp. I will let you know how we get on.

David & Ann
11-10-2011, 21:30
It may not be wild but it's Wild West.......near Lytham.

About (http://www.fort-san-antone.com/)

Stopped here a couple of summers ago.....a tenner a night for two peeps and a dog inclusive of electricity, shower block, laundry and a massive clubhouse done out to look like a saloon.....Country & Western isn't my bag but it was a great atmosphere.

Do they still have Country and Western LIVE musik here. Please let me know. Thanks.

Evron
11-10-2011, 21:39
theres a street on the sea front near Little Bispham,you can`t miss it,its got a big tram line circle near it where the trams turn around.Free parking for days and a 20p 24 hour loo.You can`t miss it there`s always loads of campers parked along it.! There`s also loads of grass walks for the dog.

Steve and Thea
11-10-2011, 22:02
Thanks for the name change!

Rubbertramp
11-10-2011, 22:05
Do they still have Country and Western LIVE musik here. Please let me know. Thanks.

Don't know David & Ann.....Like I said, it was a couple of summers ago....The night we were there...midweek I think it was....they were line dancing..... :wacko::dance:....yeee-ha. Bloody good fun but very hard to do...Wills the dog got the hang of it though.
If you click the link I supplied their phone No is on the web page.

cooljules
11-10-2011, 22:08
Don't know David & Ann.....Like I said, it was a couple of summers ago....The night we were there...midweek I think it was....they were line dancing..... :wacko::dance:....yeee-ha. Bloody good fun but very hard to do...Wills the dog got the hang of it though.

look at the website, i just did of curiosity, and list the events for this month

David & Ann
11-10-2011, 22:10

Thanks Buddy, It looks good. I am not into line dancing, got two left feet. I am into the musik, real heavy. I see you are from my area in Cornwall. Redruth is a 3 miles from us, we live on the coastal road.

Rubbertramp
11-10-2011, 22:16
Thanks Buddy, It looks good. I am not into line dancing, got two left feet. I am into the musik, real heavy. I see you are from my area in Cornwall. Redruth is a 3 miles from us, we live on the coastal road.

No, not Redruth ...Newquay way....everytime I go down your way I get lost in the fog around Four Lanes......Bandit country!!:danger:

Steve and Thea
11-10-2011, 22:18
Thanks for the info Evron:)

David & Ann
11-10-2011, 22:27
No, not Redruth ...Newquay way....everytime I go down your way I get lost in the fog around Four Lanes......Bandit country!!:danger:

No. Not Four Lanes, I hail from Porthtowan. same coast line though.

wints
12-10-2011, 08:48
This is my first post, so I hope I'm doing it right :)
Can anyone suggest any wild sites near the sea in St Annes or Fleetwood area? Hoping to go that way this weekend.

You can definetly overnight on the stone jetty adjacent Fairhaven Lake. It's free after 6 pm, 'till about 9 am.
During the day there's a charge to park there, and nicely parked motorhomes are welcome, it says so on the signs.
So, during the day park on the road at the side of the beach / estuary, along with the day trippers in their cars, and after 6 pm onto the jetty.

Been here a few times, was approached once by a lady who owns a toffee shop in St.Annes, she'd promoted motorhome parking here and told the local council.

Also had a bit of a talk to 3 motorhomers that were parked 'side on' together, taking up about 10 marked bays. I know it wasn't busy, but thats how we will get bad press and lose it.

Allen

donkey too
12-10-2011, 10:08
Oh yes he is from Cornwall. There are some funny people from there don't you know?:):have fun::cheers:

David & Ann
12-10-2011, 12:53
Oh yes he is from Cornwall. There are some funny people from there don't you know?:):have fun::cheers:

I like it, hee☺ hee☺ really funny. I live in Cornwall but don't come from there. Nice one.

patricia
12-10-2011, 14:42
Spoke to traffic warden at st annes they don,t work at night he could see no problem parking in any car park on the front but if you take more than 1 parking space during the day you have to pay double .

rebbyvid
12-10-2011, 18:29
You can definetly overnight on the stone jetty adjacent Fairhaven Lake. It's free after 6 pm, 'till about 9 am.
During the day there's a charge to park there, and nicely parked motorhomes are welcome, it says so on the signs.
So, during the day park on the road at the side of the beach / estuary, along with the day trippers in their cars, and after 6 pm onto the jetty.

Been here a few times, was approached once by a lady who owns a toffee shop in St.Annes, she'd promoted motorhome parking here and told the local council.

Also had a bit of a talk to 3 motorhomers that were parked 'side on' together, taking up about 10 marked bays. I know it wasn't busy, but thats how we will get bad press and lose it.

Allen
like this one
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t203/rebbyvid/blackpool%20lytham/fairhavenlake-1.jpg

rebbyvid
12-10-2011, 18:31
heres the pay and display board
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t203/rebbyvid/blackpool%20lytham/DSCF2666.jpg

rebbyvid
12-10-2011, 18:37
theres a street on the sea front near Little Bispham,you can`t miss it,its got a big tram line circle near it where the trams turn around.Free parking for days and a 20p 24 hour loo.You can`t miss it there`s always loads of campers parked along it.! There`s also loads of grass walks for the dog.
Not for long if this article is anything to go by
Driven to despair? - Daily Feature - Blackpool Gazette (http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news/daily-feature/driven_to_despair_1_3836926)

Steve and Thea
12-10-2011, 19:45
Thankyou to everyone who has taken the time to post all the helpful info on where to wild camp in this area. Steve and I have only recently found 'Wildcamping UK' and we think it is bang on! We love to go to Huttoft car terrace - right on the beach more or less and weren't sure that any similar places exist, seems there are if you know where to look :cheers: to you all

Canalsman
12-10-2011, 23:29
... seems there are if you know where to look ...

Don't forget that as a full member you can download the POI files that pinpoint 3,300 places to stop throughout England, Wales and Scotland.

The data is provided for use online with Google Earth, and offline for Autoroute, together with support for most makes of satnav.

Just click on the POI Downloads link (top right of the home page) and follow the instructions.

Regards

Chris

davecumbria
26-10-2011, 08:06
Hi All

I have been camping at Little Bispham for the last 12 months, (no, not continuous!) since buying my first van. Two weeks ago I could not believe how many vans were parked! I agree that we should not park opposite residential properties and it seems that this practice will be stopped before next season, and rightly so. But I do hope that we will be allowed to continue on the concrete section as it has perfect access for both Clevleys and Blackpool. Reading the Blackpool gazette, it seems that we will, at least until the concrete road is replaced. My wife stopped here for the first time two weeks ago and found the traffic noise (including car horns) a problem. I sleep with ear plugs so don't hear any noise.

Now on to why I have posted, I have often cycled past Stanner Bank Car Park and wondered if it was a suitable place to stop overnight, so thank you for the posts which clearly state that it is. I will be using it. It's not as good a location for visiting Blackpool as Little Bispham, (can't have a drink and get the tram back) and it's not free parking during the day, but needs must!

I'm coming to Little Bispham this Friday, so may see some of you there. I'll be in my silver Adria PO60. Do say hello.

Dave

Tosan
26-10-2011, 22:21
[QUOTE=wints;147245]You can definetly overnight on the stone jetty adjacent Fairhaven Lake. It's free after 6 pm, 'till about 9 am.

Parked on here this year
And also spoke to the traffic warden and was told it was ok
Great spot but does get noisy with all the cars and kids that use the car park till the early hours !
Along with another car park further along
Although they never actually bothered us
So if you need to sleep best not use
There were some MH parked on the main road who i think would of got more sleep than us

Tosan

davecumbria
27-10-2011, 10:05
Thanks Tosan

I have always avoided car parks for the reason you give but good to hear that there wern't any problems other than the noise.

Dave

alfa_scud
31-10-2011, 13:38
Parked on here this year
And also spoke to the traffic warden and was told it was ok
Great spot but does get noisy with all the cars and kids that use the car park till the early hours !
Along with another car park further along
Although they never actually bothered us
So if you need to sleep best not use
There were some MH parked on the main road who i think would of got more sleep than us

Tosan

Yea we've parked on the one further along - Google Maps (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?msid=202926247604712025455.0004b099065f6b2214 582&msa=0&ll=53.750944,-3.036218&spn=0.017763,0.038581&t=k&z=15&vpsrc=6), it's got gates on it, but I asked the bloke emptying the ticket machine what the score was, & he said there weren't any issues other than the usual be sensible, & that gates weren't closed. We had a good night there, weren't bothered by anybody & just made sure we'd gone by 9 in the morning, obviously leaving no litter (other than in the bin!).

Very handy spot for going into town for a few sherberts too :cheers:

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS