PDA

View Full Version : Portmadog

rebbyvid
29-04-2007, 09:05
If you head off to Black Rock Sands from Porthmadog you could stop on the beach,toilets also provided
Rob
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t203/rebbyvid/DSCF0050.jpg

rebbyvid
29-04-2007, 09:08
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t203/rebbyvid/IMAG0159.jpgNot wild camping but cheap enough and just off beach so if you dont want van full of sand try here
Rob

chopper
03-05-2007, 18:49
any better directions on how to get to the site mate please
looks ideal will give it a try

rebbyvid
03-05-2007, 19:08
If you come from Caenarfon into Porthmadog follow the road into town centre
on the high st turn right at the post office and woolworths.follow the road signposted black rock sands Morfa Bychan ,the site is on the right just before the beach (2 miles from centre Porthmadog) also another site round corner with large cafe outside,blackrock samds camping and touring park,
hope you enjoy it chopper ,we did even tho it rained for 2 days
Rob

chopper
03-05-2007, 19:14
did you say you can camp on the beach there or not
altho camp site is cheap
would be nice to wake up right next to the sea and sand

rebbyvid
03-05-2007, 19:22
yes i think so ,we were on the beach a couple of time and there were quite a few cars on and the tide did not seem to come right in ,the picture i posted was taken about 8 o'clock and the sea was pretty far out then. also toilets just on the approach to the beach sure someone local will give you a definate yes or no about the tides
Rob

chopper
03-05-2007, 19:24
will try it out next week end thanks for the post ;)

03-05-2007, 20:14
testing for admin............

JezzaD
03-05-2007, 21:26
yes i think so ,we were on the beach a couple of time and there were quite a few cars on and the tide did not seem to come right in ,the picture i posted was taken about 8 o'clock and the sea was pretty far out then. also toilets just on the approach to the beach sure someone local will give you a definate yes or no about the tides
Rob
Sorry to dissapoint, but I have never known them to let you stay on the beach overnight. During the day they charge you 2.50 to park, extra charges apply if you park on the soft sand and get stuck and need a tow. I've been going for years and the beach patrol kick you off between 8pm and 8.30 pm and close the barrier. Having said that, it's a wonderful place to spend the day, and because of the weather a M/H is invaluable. There are several off road lay-bys in the area, so overnighting isn't a problem.

rebbyvid
04-05-2007, 06:09
nice one for that Jezzad
i was on the Haven site in a static so didnt have van,didnt see anyone collecting money but maybe a bit early and their season might not start til this weekend
Rob

JezzaD
04-05-2007, 08:22
You're welcome Rob. It is a little bit early in the season. I was there on Wednesday and they were just setting up all the bins, etc. There are two entrances to the beach controlled by converted containers where you pays your money. For those with dogs.....there is a special section on the beach to cater for you..and for those a little bit more energetic, they do allow jet skis but only allow lauching from two dedicated parts of the beach and limit where they go to protect swimmers. Well worth a visit. Jezza

rebbyvid
04-05-2007, 16:56
You're welcome Rob. It is a little bit early in the season. I was there on Wednesday and they were just setting up all the bins, etc. There are two entrances to the beach controlled by converted containers where you pays your money. For those with dogs.....there is a special section on the beach to cater for you..and for those a little bit more energetic, they do allow jet skis but only allow lauching from two dedicated parts of the beach and limit where they go to protect swimmers. Well worth a visit. Jezza
Yes JezzaD agree with you there its one i will go back to
Rob

landrovereditor
18-06-2008, 19:03
:)Just returned from a few days in the Porthmadog area.

It's 3 to park on the beach all day, the tide never covered all the beach. It seems that about 200yds of hard sand is always available to drive on.

According to the leaflet provided in the entrance fee the barriers come down at 7.30 - 8.00 pm but there are no barriers!

We went back on the beach one night about 9.30pm and stayed for a few hours, one or two boy racers were making donuts in the sand. All very tame stuff. A couple of campervans came on and were still there next morning they obviously stayed the night.

If you go to the second entrance to the sands from the direction of Porthmadog there is a campsite on the right hand side, it's basic, with good clean toilets, hot and cold water, secluded parking and 7 a night.

Try it.

John

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS