PDA

View Full Version : Wild Camping spot Essex Overnighting Braintree/ Coggashall A120

AIKIDOMO
21-10-2011, 17:52
5152'24.52"N 038'47.69"E
A120 between Bradwell and Coggashall about 3 miles from Braintree Essex.East bound.
This is part of an old road that was left after the Coggashall Bye pass was completed.
Lots of space for overnighting and not many Lorries if any, as its a bit difficult to access from the East bound carriageway.
To access from the East bound carriageway turn around at Coggashall and come back towards Braintree Westbound, about a half mile on the left leave the A120 onto the old road.

Apache Two
21-10-2011, 19:09
Doggers use this layby not sure how often not being into this sort of thing.

AIKIDOMO
23-10-2011, 17:23
I live abouit 1 mile from the lay bye and have never noticed any of that activity, now you have told me I am supprised, and will be down there with my Camera tonight. :tongue: L.O.L
Cheers me Dears.

Canalsman
23-10-2011, 23:22
I have added this spot to the POI Downloads ... thank you.

Regards

Chris

Mikey29
30-06-2012, 15:17
Thanks for the camping spot! I stayed here Friday night and it is a well located spot and feels secluded as you are on a really old road parallel to the new road so it's more than a layby and there is plenty of parking there. Some is on a hill while the rest is flat.. (if you have a shower!)

On a slightly less positive note I did notice a lot of cars pulling up throughout the night and men getting out and walking around peering into other vehicles. While this didn't particularly bother me, I kept myself locked away with the curtains shut, it may bother others for example families. This did continue into the day with men coming right up to the van and looking in! Maybe they were after my bacon sarnie but either way they were coming a bit too close for comfort ie right up to the van...

Not necessarily wanting to put anyone off but due to the high levels of undesirable activity some may wish to avoid. (The Springwood Lorry Park is not too far away about 5-6 miles if you are in the area however being floodlit I found it difficult to sleep there)

Let's keep adding new spots and continuing to improve the site!

Hope you're having a good weekend... I'm off to DJ at my ex girlfriends party... (!) a jobs a job i suppose!

Mike

Apache Two
30-06-2012, 17:22
I have added this spot to the POI Downloads ... thank you.

Regards

Chris

I would suggest that this poi is removed as it's a dogging site..
But what do I know you were told ..it's common knowledge to the locals..
Wild camping then there's weird camping..

Canalsman
30-06-2012, 18:55
Thanks Apache - I have now removed it ...

Regards

Chris

Mikey29
08-07-2012, 03:02
Thanks for the updates and it's a shame it had to be removed as it's not bad if you keep the curtains drawn! Didn't actually witness anything x rated just lots of blokes wandering about at all hours so put 2 and 2 together and got 4.5 lol.

Anyways, there's a good few other places near there and a few laybys along that road too...

one thing... would people feel safer knowing there's activity about but by people have no interest in yourself once you make it obvious? if that is what they are after then they may discourage other undesirables such as thieves/vandals and boy racers? just a thought as i was left alone there though felt uncomfortable on pulling up at 2am...

anyway happy camping and I must add some more POIs soon I'm out and about a lot at the moment in the van for work...

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS