PDA

View Full Version : Zeebrugge to Sardinia in January Via Reims / Dijon / Lyon /Turin / Genoa

Wildboar Hunter
25-10-2011, 17:11
Hi all, hoping to drive in January to Sardinia weather permitting and hoping someone can give me some hints or advice. Bit worried about water etc and not knowing where to wildcamp and the safety aspect! After reading some experiences of some MH members we are beginning to wonder if it really is a good idea to drive at all!!! Any advice / hints or help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks to all.

John H
25-10-2011, 19:18
Hi

First it is a hell of a way to drive - how long are you planning to take over it?
Second, don't worry about security or water - it is as safe as anything else and water is plentiful, although you might find many of the aires in northern France have turned the taps off because of frost. For tips on places to get water and stay along the way, try CAMPINGCAR-INFOS (http://www.campingcar-infos.com) . Happy travels.

Wildboar Hunter
25-10-2011, 19:46
Hi John, thanks for your reply. We are not in a rush but we'll probably do it in a week. I'm planning to keep MH in Sardinia for at least a year to tour the island. I know its a hell of a drive ( I've done it 3 times) but love it! Twice in a van and once by car. Thanks for the reassurance, I've just got to persuade the wife now!!! I'm hoping weather will be good to us and hopefully see no or little frost! I've just ordered the third edition of all the Aires France so hopefully will find some nice stop overs. Will make notes and keep all in the forum informed of our experience if we go ahead. Thanks again, looking forward to other comments!

John H
25-10-2011, 20:17
Hi John, thanks for your reply. We are not in a rush but we'll probably do it in a week. I'm planning to keep MH in Sardinia for at least a year to tour the island. I know its a hell of a drive ( I've done it 3 times) but love it! Twice in a van and once by car. Thanks for the reassurance, I've just got to persuade the wife now!!! I'm hoping weather will be good to us and hopefully see no or little frost! I've just ordered the third edition of all the Aires France so hopefully will find some nice stop overs. Will make notes and keep all in the forum informed of our experience if we go ahead. Thanks again, looking forward to other comments!

Good luck. Just one small point - I find the "All the Aires" book very limited (and not always accurate) so don't forget to consult the French website cammpingcar-infos which has up to date and more extensive information.

peroni
20-12-2012, 21:00
also take a look at camperonline.it/area_di_sosta_estero.asp, plenty of wildcamping spots in sardinia enjoy!

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS