PDA

View Full Version : Rooses point sligo

kimakazie
26-10-2011, 23:40
Hi guys, just wondering has anyone overnited at Rosses Point Sligo near the yaught club, or does anyone know of a better spot in the general area ?

Thanks in advance,

Kimakazie

Douzeper
28-10-2011, 13:56
Think this is still valid...

Drive right past Rosses Point until you can go no further, there is a large carpark for the beach and a grassy area beneath a commercial campsite.
Wild Camping Spot

kimakazie
30-10-2011, 10:18
Thanks Douzeper, I had a bit of a look in google maps but i think i can see a No Camping or overnight parking sign there, have you been there recently or are there any other possible locations in the general area for a bit of wilding,
If you want to keep any sites from public eyes you can always email me,
Thanks

bob8925
30-10-2011, 17:27
i stayed there recently,
garda came in about 9pm,drive right round car park area,no problem,about 6 vans parked in top car park and 2 vans on grass

locals as usual say dont worry about no camping signs.

Douzeper
30-10-2011, 17:35
kimakazie,

Sorry don't know anything else about the area.

kimakazie
30-10-2011, 19:08
Thanks guys,
I will give it a go next week there shouldent be too many people about now we are into November so
hopefully it will be quiet enough,

kimakazie

dilligaf
30-10-2011, 22:36
i stayed there recently,
garda came in about 9pm,drive right round car park area,no problem,about 6 vans parked in top car park and 2 vans on grass

locals as usual say dont worry about no camping signs.

As said by bob, Iv used it many times & never had a problem, I even spoke to a couple of guards down there one eve & they told me that a few campervans was the very least of their worries & even told me the hotel at the top of the road was good spot for a pint....:lol-053:

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS