PDA

View Full Version : Bonfire Night?

ourglenard
27-10-2011, 19:58
Anyone any ideas/location for a Bonfire Night meet?.......I know Firefox can lay on a mean fire!!!

Rsykes103
27-10-2011, 20:05
I'd be up for that depending on location

ourglenard
27-10-2011, 20:14
Any suggestions? Ltd personal experience for suitable location as I'm pretty much a newbie (esp. locations suitable for >1 van!!...)
We've now got posts from 'Dahn Sarf' & 'Oop Norf'.......!

Rubbertramp
27-10-2011, 20:22
Anyone any ideas/location for a Bonfire Night meet?.......I know Firefox can lay on a mean fire!!!

:idea: .......Houses of Parliament??

Rsykes103
27-10-2011, 20:31
I'm a newbie to lol i've only used my van once and am itching to use it again ideally a couple of times before Christmas, bonfire night meet, stone henge meet etc. I don't know any suitable locations but I'm sure some one will soon come long and suggest some where

just jane
27-10-2011, 20:38

I will be having a rare night in a hotel on Nov 5th after a concert at The Royal Festival Hall which happens to have a lovely view down the river to the Houses of Parliament so I hope I get to see I nice big fire :cool1:

Rubbertramp
27-10-2011, 20:45
I will be having a rare night in a hotel on Nov 5th after a concert at The Royal Festival Hall which happens to have a lovely view down the river to the Houses of Parliament so I hope I get to see I nice big fire :cool1:

A friend of a friend knows this guy.....I think he hails from York....Said he knows how to lay his hands on a load of gunpowder.

ourglenard
27-10-2011, 20:52
...We're in danger of spending Bonfire Night (& maybe more...) in little (non-mobile..) boxes!!!
...Invading English Heritage 'property'.....Re-enactment of this Country's greatest missed opportunity....
Are We even allowed to TALK (type?) like this?!!:lol-053:

DTDog
27-10-2011, 20:57

Been done before ......... Guy didnt get away with it, Fawkin messed up.

ourglenard
27-10-2011, 21:01

...& How Big's this Hotel Car-Park then?......;)

Viktor
27-10-2011, 23:40
Looks like there will be a couple of us heading to the Stones at the weekend. I'm most likely to be there on
Bonfire night itself....will probably arrive around 5.30 pm approx.

maingate
28-10-2011, 12:37
We will be spending the weekend far away from anywhere with habitation as we have the dogs to consider. They do not like fireworks.

And NO you cannot come with us. :)

Rubbertramp
28-10-2011, 14:28
...We're in danger of spending Bonfire Night (& maybe more...) in little (non-mobile..) boxes!!!
...Invading English Heritage 'property'.....Re-enactment of this Country's greatest missed opportunity....
Are We even allowed to TALK (type?) like this?!!:lol-053:

Yeah, Know what you mean man!...I did think long and hard before posting but what the hell.....even the spooks must have a sense of humour...if they know their history!

kernowprickles
28-10-2011, 16:17
Yeah, Know what you mean man!...I did think long and hard before posting but what the hell.....even the spooks must have a sense of humour...if they know their history!

You reckon??? After what they did to that person on Facebook who was organising a "little gathering" all the posters (and likers) on this thread could be hearing a knock on the door anytime soon!!!

:danger: :wacko:

KP

Rsykes103
29-10-2011, 10:41
Looks like I'll be heading to Stone Henge on the 5th

Viktor
29-10-2011, 14:45
Great that's another....Donkey Too and I will be there....

ourglenard
31-10-2011, 11:24
Have NOW been 'reminded' by OH that it's My Step-Daughter's Graduation Ceremony this Saturday......:idea-007:
If I can travel on from Kingston for Sunday, great, 'cept I think it's a case of car, a shave, wearing a whistle & staying with friends in Town...........

Only I could start a post & miss the party!!!!

MAY see Y'all @ 'Henge.....................

bob72
31-10-2011, 13:19
Oh we are going away this weekend and was wondering where to go. Initial thoughts were Sidmouth way as I vaguely recall there being some firework displays around the harbours.

I may be able to convince the misses to goto the Stones instead, but I think she want's to goto a display this year

Firefox
31-10-2011, 15:37
We could take some fireworks down to the Stones.

Viktor
31-10-2011, 15:40
We could take some fireworks down to the Stones.

Oh....is that to chuck at the boy racers? :idea:

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS