PDA

View Full Version : Four Lords St Blazey Gate

chas17
29-10-2011, 14:46
We have just visited the Eden Project and stayed a couple of nights at Doubletree Farm campsite. We walked down the road to the Four Lords Pub in St Blazey Gate for a meal only to find that it just changed hands and wasn't yet doing food. They are starting Sunday roasts on 30 October to be followed by a full meal service soon.
However lack of food didn't stop us having a beer and a chat during which the owner said that he would be happy for motorhomes to overnight in his (large) car park in exchange for the purchase of a beer or two and/or food. There is no hook up or other facilities but it might be a handy stop particularly if visiting Eden Project which is just a few minutes drive away.

Details are : Ashley and Jill Tallon, The Four Lords, St Blazey Gate, Par, Cornwall PL24 2EE.
Tel: 01726 814200

Viktor
29-10-2011, 14:53
Thanks...The Eden Project is one i hope to do in 2012...

Here's the link 50.351187,-4.726972 - Google Maps (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=50.351187,-4.726972&hl=en&ll=50.351203,-4.726978&spn=0.000946,0.002411&num=1&vpsrc=0&t=m&z=19)

Canalsman
30-10-2011, 17:40
Thanks Chas17 - I've added this to the pub stopovers in the POI downloads :)

Regards

Chris

raggity
07-09-2013, 13:33
hi,we stayed there 2 weeks ago whilst visiting family.we stayed in the car park in our camper van and had no problems ,.good beer,pasties that Ashley makes himself and he,s won awards for them.mad parrott in the bar and a good juke box.really welcomeing.turn up and say ray and tiff said hello.

Motorova
08-11-2013, 16:34
Stayed here on 31st October. Made very welcome by Jill and Ashley. Parking for about 7 campers if parked close in a quieter section away from the main car park. When we were there, the end two places were occupied by a large caravan plus tow vehicle that had been there for a week. Contract builder on a job somewhere local we thought. Caravan also hogged the only EHU. No water tap.
Apparently, also used by some ********* campers who just turn up late, use the facilities and go in the morning without asking or patronising the pub. Bad show.
They have a restaurant but that was not available as they were having a private Halloween party there and all food was reserved for them.:sad: So was only able to order drinks. The barmaid recommended a local Dartmoor beer as very popular which I bought but I would not recommend it and I did not see anybody else buy it that evening either. There was also a bridge club that night so it was packed.
The night stay was quiet and on another evening when food was available it would be a good stopover.

blind pew
28-11-2013, 19:27
This is a great place to stay, very handy for Eden and lot's of local beaches, the food is great and Jill and Ashley are a lovely couple, very welcoming. Dogs are also welcome.

Fazerloz
28-11-2013, 20:38
I think its a pity the other members that had used the location were not willing to share the information if its good.:cheers:

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS