PDA

View Full Version : Stonehaven Harbour

RobKeeble
31-10-2011, 07:12
While visiting Stonehaven we parked in the public carpark at Stonehaven harbour. It is free to park, has no parking restrictions, and there is a tidy toilet block open from 8am to 6pm if I remember correctly, but less hours during winter. It is quite exposed being right on the seafront so you wouldn't want to stay there if it's too windy, and there is a lovely walk along the seafront into town. You must try the award winning chip shop at the other end of the beach by the outdoor heated seawater swimming pool.

CU,56.961062,-2.201533

Rob

JoMutch
31-10-2011, 08:17
Nice to know that home is still motorhome accessible.
Have they finished the treatment works yet at the end of the carpark

RobKeeble
31-10-2011, 08:53
Nice to know that home is still motorhome accessible. Have they finished the treatment works yet at the end of the carparkHi Jo,

We were on holiday Jo and I'm sorry to say that we weren't actually looking out for treatment works so didn't notice. Perhaps on our next trip we can take a POI file of them and build up a photo album.:lol-053:

Rob

JoMutch
31-10-2011, 09:16
still as you quite rightly pointed out the chipper on the prom is almost as good as the Bervie Chipper which is rather good :lol-053:

is this the carpark you are on about 56.960961, -2.201772

maingate
31-10-2011, 10:57
Just to say that the car park is not suitable for a large van at busy times of the year. I got into a right tangle in our tag axle van a year gone September. If you can fit into a parking bay then you will have no problem, otherwise get there late on when it will be quieter.

We spent a few hours in the large car park by the leisure Centre and swimming Pool and were pestered by some little s**ts in their Micras and old Fiestas. They seemed to have some grudge against m/homes.

RobKeeble
31-10-2011, 11:36
Yes that's the place Jo, but as maingate pointed out it is a small carpark with car sized bays.

JoMutch
31-10-2011, 13:36
Thats why I asked, its a very small carpark, especially now they have removed half of it.

Canalsman
31-10-2011, 13:37
This car park is already in the POI downloads :)

Thanks for the update and additional information.

Regards

Chris

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS