PDA

View Full Version : POI's & IPHONE

REDDY
31-10-2011, 20:05
Hi everyone my name is Paul (REDDY) I am a new member and I am hoping to do lots of wild camping in the coming year and saw this site mentioned, so here I am. Looks really good and maybe I will meet some others I know. I recently joined as a full member and downloaded the POI's. However I could not figure out how to get them working on the Iphone? Anyway -Sussed it! Download an 'APP' called 'KML Map' from the App store to your iphone then 'SYNC it with your ITUNES on the PC. Open KML MAPS in itunes 'file download' and drag the POI's UNZIPPED WILDCAMPING.KML file (Google/ Google Earth) over to the ITUNES KML APP FOLDER. Disconnect Iphone and open its KML APP. Bingo! This will then load up into Google Earth and you can also switch to Google Maps. Enjoy!

Canalsman
31-10-2011, 23:20
Thanks for the tips, Paul :)

Regards

Chris

Viktor
31-10-2011, 23:31
Interesting Paul.....another thread does it easier without going anywhere near itunes....direct into the app folder using DiskAid.

Make up your own too using the online free POIEditor, and create your own 24x24 pixel png icon file and dump it in as well.

trappers
01-11-2011, 08:09
hi paul how do you Open KML MAPS in itunes 'file download' carnt find how to open in itunes :mad2:

REDDY
01-11-2011, 18:15
Hi Trappers
First open itunes on PC --click on your iphone in devices on left side---select APPS in middle of screen --move right slider downto see lower page --this should show 'File Sharing'
click on 'kml Maps' -this will show what is in the folder---Then DRAG 'wildcamping.kml (google earth) from your pc POI file into this space. Then sync your iPhone and itunes. Then open KML Maps on your iPhone. I had to zoom out as it came up with a blue screen (sea).Enjoy.

trappers
01-11-2011, 22:26
hi paul thanks very much just had iphone a week now just getting to know it great bit of kit ;)

Croftland1
02-11-2011, 10:33
Hi everyone my name is Paul (REDDY) I am a new member and I am hoping to do lots of wild camping in the coming year and saw this site mentioned, so here I am. Looks really good and maybe I will meet some others I know. I recently joined as a full member and downloaded the POI's. However I could not figure out how to get them working on the Iphone? Anyway -Sussed it! Download an 'APP' called 'KML Map' from the App store to your iphone then 'SYNC it with your ITUNES on the PC. Open KML MAPS in itunes 'file download' and drag the POI's UNZIPPED WILDCAMPING.KML file (Google/ Google Earth) over to the ITUNES KML APP FOLDER. Disconnect Iphone and open its KML APP. Bingo! This will then load up into Google Earth and you can also switch to Google Maps. Enjoy!

Welcome to the site Redders - good to see you posting. There'll be no stopping you now you've got the POI's on your phone. Keep giving us a shout when you're planning a trip! Catch you next weekend at the Remembrance weekend.
Jim

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS