PDA

View Full Version : Blue Anchor - Somerset

carolinemoon
07-11-2011, 14:13
Hello Guys

You may not consider this to be a wild camping location but I thought I'd mention it anyway...

We have just spent the weekend in the car park at The Smugglers Inn, Blue Anchor. I had previously contacted the owner, Simon, and arranged this with his permission with the agreement being we had a bite to eat & a few drinks in the pub.

The pub is fabulous, right on the sea front and the food is really good too - totally recommend the Steak & Otter Ale Pie!

If you fancy using this as a stop over, Please Please contact Simon first and arrange it with him. Like I said, you may not consider this as true "wild camping" but I just wanted to share such a good find with you all.

Canalsman
07-11-2011, 14:53
Thanks for the info - I've added this as a pub stopover in the POI downloads.

Regards

Chris

kernowprickles
07-11-2011, 15:49
Er, Steak and OTTER Ale pie??? :scared: I do hope that is "Otter Ale" and not actual otter?? I know they're eating squirrels now, but OTTERS?? :eek:

carolinemoon
07-11-2011, 15:54
Er, Steak and OTTER Ale pie??? :scared: I do hope that is "Otter Ale" and not actual otter?? I know they're eating squirrels now, but OTTERS?? :eek:

In this particular case, it was Otter Ale in the pie...although they did have rabbit & venison on the specials board this weekend! lol:dance:

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS