PDA

View Full Version : south coast spotd

billi
09-11-2011, 12:55
Looking for spot between havant and brighton.need a nite or two.or if anyone knows a place in south downs.billi

caspar
09-11-2011, 19:48
If you have a look at the data base of POI's you'll find quite a few that I gave a couple of years back. Does it matter how far between the two -ie- near Havant or near Brighton or mid-way or doesn't matter?

billi
10-11-2011, 18:44
Av not got poi yet as i am no techie.hopeing someone at stonehenge meet can explain to me.leaving fareham sat on way to brighton.still looking for a couple of nites on way.ta for the reply.billie

David & Ann
10-11-2011, 18:57
Av not got poi yet as i am no techie.hopeing someone at stonehenge meet can explain to me.leaving fareham sat on way to brighton.still looking for a couple of nites on way.ta for the reply.billie

I am not quite sure of your post. Are you asking the way to Stonehenge. If yes, Get on the M25, turn off for the SW on the M3 (Junction12) toddle along the M3 and turn of for the SW onto the A303 (junction 8) Follow A303 until you hit Stonehenge which is on your right. Main sign to follow is the Exeter sign.

Rolly
10-11-2011, 19:27
Looking for spot between havant and brighton.need a nite or two.

Billi,
I walked & stayed along the South Downs Way in August 2011:

A286 (Midhurst to Chichester) Cocking
Small, hidden Cp on SDW 1 mile S of Cocking, W side of road. Water at Hill Barn 1/2 mile to E.

Bignor Hill
Only approach is from A285 (Petworth - Chichester) at Duncton. Tiny lanes through Barlavington, Glatting Fm, Coldharbour Fm to large, open hill top area on SDW. Great views.

Chantry Hill
Off A283 (A29 - Shoreham). Turn S in Storrington 1/2 mile E of mini round. Narrow road to open hilltop Cp on SDW. Supermarket (Waitrose) etc in Storrington. Great views.

Washington
Heading S on A24 (Horsham - Worthing, dual carriage.) turn L onto minor road 1 mile S of roundabout with A283. Small Cp in trees close to road noise.

Hope that's some help,
Rolly :goodluck:

billi
11-11-2011, 07:38
Hi dave and ann,not going to stonehenge till 4/5 dec.my last post was implying that maybe someone there cud help me understand/install the poi downloadfile.rolly,will try the washington spot.
Ill try the portsmouth spot 1st.

caspar
11-11-2011, 17:00
Main car park on Hayling Island beach now allows overnight camping for a very modest fee (3 ????)

billi
14-11-2011, 18:31
hi all,just had a couple of nites at hayling island beach.free 24/7 loos and showers.car park only runs march1st-oct31st,so no tickets to pay for out of season.loads of places to park,BUT dont park next to bmx track at nite as the local lads bring there pit bikes for a play,and do donuts in there cars.also went to ferry port,turning 100 yards before(turn at bus turning circle point)to left.pass the small cafe then free park along water.ps-dont park in main car park next to the ferry boat inn,as it is part of the pub car park.billi

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS