PDA

View Full Version : Foryd Bay

m30
15-11-2011, 19:23
We parked up here one Saturday in Oct, about 5 pm, and were asked by a chap from the sailing club across not to stay the night as it is a private car park. He was happy for us to eat our tea and move a bit further down the coast.

Stu

Canalsman
15-11-2011, 22:57
Thanks for the update - I've removed it from the POI downloads.

Regards

Chris

Bigpeetee
16-11-2011, 05:42
Sorry, but you've been told porkies!!

The road by the sailing club is a public road, just leading to the car park at the end.

I suggested stopping on this road adjacent to the sailing club as it's quiet, flat yet close to Rhyl etc.

The car park at the end has height barrier and is owned by Denbighshire County Council, NOT private at all!!

The only other users of this road are the staff from the clubhouse of the Sunnyvale caravan park opposite

m30
16-11-2011, 07:40
Are we talking about the same spot?

The one I'm talking about is down the coast from Caernarfon, no barriers and no caravan site nearby.

Stu

mikeandhismotorhome
16-11-2011, 07:59
There are three entries for Foryd Bay in the database, I guess the other two (1 & 2) are still OK?

Bigpeetee
16-11-2011, 09:58
Sorry, about the confusion.

The estuary in Rhyl is called the Voryd or Foryd and I submitted a POI at the rear of the Yacht Club there, hence my comment.

m30
16-11-2011, 17:42
There are three entries for Foryd Bay in the database, I guess the other two (1 & 2) are still OK?

Yep we moved further down to 2 without any problem. Very pleasent.

Stu

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS