PDA

View Full Version : Alton Towers

rogerivy
04-05-2007, 08:32
Our teenagers are attending a function at Alton towers this Saturday, due to end at about 10pm. We are planning to fetch them in our MH. This would mean that, after standard delays etc we will only get to our camping place at about 11pm.

Anyone have suggestions as to where we can stay? Don't need any facilities at all and will consider anything from wild camping to paying a few quid. We could arrive much earlier to make arrangements, but are concerned about coming back in pretty late - making wild camping attractive.

grath
04-05-2007, 14:29
Our teenagers are attending a function at Alton towers this Saturday, due to end at about 10pm. We are planning to fetch them in our MH. This would mean that, after standard delays etc we will only get to our camping place at about 11pm.

Anyone have suggestions as to where we can stay? Don't need any facilities at all and will consider anything from wild camping to paying a few quid. We could arrive much earlier to make arrangements, but are concerned about coming back in pretty late - making wild camping attractive.
Rogerivy.
See my post A50 near Uttoxeter in the Derby thread.
I know it is on the westbound side & U will have to drive past it for about a mile & turn around, but it is quite safe & off the road.
Near to a ladies prison, however it will be no problem. Very Quiet!
Hope this helps.:D
Edit.
It is only just over half an hour from J15 on the M6
Or if on the way to the M1 it is on your way (but opposite side of rd)
The farmer has even put a dustbin there.
Just looked where u r from & you could go that way to the A38 & then head south.
Another good spot is from Uttoxeter take the A50 direction Derby,to the roundabout with the A511.
At the roundabout turn right onto the A511, head for Lichfield & just b4 the village of Kings Bromley there are 2 large set back laybys & the second is by a pretty river.
Nice spot again with a view.

rogerivy
04-05-2007, 16:00
Thanks Graham

That really helps us. Nice of that farmer too - putting the bin there.

Roger

grath
14-05-2007, 20:59
Thanks Graham

That really helps us. Nice of that farmer too - putting the bin there.

Roger
Roger, how did you go on?:confused:

rogerivy
14-05-2007, 21:13
Hi Graham

I meant to write "helped" but instead I wrote "helps".

Your information really helped us! We made an early stop at the site so we could find our way back easily after fetching the kids (and even had a BBQ supper). We had such a good sleep we only woke up at 9am! The bin was still there, we made sure the place was neat and tidy before we left.

Lots of space to let the dog walk about safely.

On T-Mobile 3G we could only get GPRS.

So...thanks again!

Roger

grath
14-05-2007, 21:15
Hi Graham

I meant to write "helped" but instead I wrote "helps".

Your information really helped us! We made an early stop at the site so we could find our way back easily after fetching the kids (and even had a BBQ supper). We had such a good sleep we only woke up at 9am! The bin was still there, we made sure the place was neat and tidy before we left.

Lots of space to let the dog walk about safely.

So...thanks again!

Roger
Hi Roger, pleased I was able to help.
It is a good quiet, safe little spot.
regards Graham

teachertrish
20-07-2008, 18:16
we have been touring the english countryside and was at alton towers for two days(parked up in the express carpark,didnt pay the tenner per day.the attendant said we were there before him so was exempt,we offered him a coffee and he went on to tell us there was no ckamping system there-that was enough for me so the next day we went into the themepark at 9am after our quiet night ourselves.
the next few were at legoland,well the same there-I have to take back all i have said-both attendants thought thier warm wee hut was an excuse to have a sleep,we then finished up at lytham st annes for two nights,

Belgian
20-07-2008, 20:15
we have been touring the english countryside and was at alton towers for two days(parked up in the express carpark,didnt pay the tenner per day.the attendant said we were there before him so was exempt,we offered him a coffee and he went on to tell us there was no ckamping system there-that was enough for me so the next day we went into the themepark at 9am after our quiet night ourselves.
the next few were at legoland,well the same there-I have to take back all i have said-both attendants thought thier warm wee hut was an excuse to have a sleep,we then finished up at lytham st annes for two nights,
That's the way to do it :rolleyes:

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS