PDA

View Full Version : Nant Gwrtheyrn, Gwynedd

Baldybaz
04-05-2007, 20:11
From the B4417 take the turning at Llith Faen up the hill towards the National Language Centre at Nant Gwrtheyrn. At the top there is a large car park with fantastic views. During the day quite a few walkers park up here but by early evening we had the place to ourselves. This is also a great walking area.

MATS
02-10-2011, 11:32
Stayed there this weekend but plagued by boy racers from around 8pm - so beware. Nice spot though but it can be disturbing when 2 cars use it as a race track!!!

Canalsman
03-10-2011, 19:49
Thanks - I've added this to the POI database.

Hopefully the boy racers don't go there often ...

Regards

Chris

MATS
30-07-2012, 09:15
Stayed there Friday night - boy racers heaven still I am afraid with gritty car park so the wheel spins were pretty bad, this was around midnight! ok spot though during the day but if you are worried by cars doing their dirty at midnight - I would try and find somewhere else. Also had problems going up the narrow lane there on Friday - three cars came towards me and it took some convincing that they had to reverse back up maybe 30 feet as my MH is 23' and it was a long way back to the passing place at the bottom of the hill.

Canalsman
30-07-2012, 11:26
Perhaps best to avoid weekend nights ...

coolasluck
30-07-2012, 11:38
That should be the rule to a lot of these wilding spots,they need to be truly out of the way at the weekends but during the week most places seem to be quieter so should be ok.

Kev
19-10-2016, 16:09
Been visiting Nant Gwrtheyrn since the late 60's early 70's, way before the refurb when it was just a slate road that was almost impassable and all the buildings were derelict. Much preferred it back then to how it is now.

Unfortunately the car park at the top is now awful, they've recently chopped ALL the pine trees down and it looks just like wasteland, such a shame... It looks like there's been a nuclear explosion...

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS