PDA

View Full Version : Lincoln

JPHymer
18-12-2004, 07:24
Lincolnshire Showground. 5 miles north of Lincoln on A15.
Just outside the main gate on the A15 is a large area of tarmac and gravel which is often used overnight by MH's although after 5am the A15 does get busy. For a quieter location go past the main gate travelling north and turn left onto the A1500 and use one of the smaller but quieter spots at one of the side gates.
Don't use the viewpoint at the top of the hill on the A1500 as I have seen suggested on other sites as it has become a meeting point for Gentlemen looking for a partner (male).

Lincoln city center. Leave lincoln on the A57 and just as you exit the last few houses you come to the West Common which used to be the Race course. In the daytime you can park on the left at the north end of the grandstand in a small parking/ picnic area, no charges and no height restrictions. the city center is about 10-15 mins walk but you pass several bus stops on the way. You could stop here overnight but for a more private location take the turning on the city side of the grandstand complex just after the new pedestrian crossing as you leave town (150 meters south of the grandstand). This is an access road to the rear of the grandstand and golf course. Hear is an area you can use and I often see German vans here overnight. The only restriction is you need to move before the golf club opens and don't drive on the golf course.

Another location often used on the A57 about 2 miles out of town. Leave the city on the A57, past the race course and over the Bypass still on the A57. In about 1/2 a mile just after the first right turn is a layby on the right before the road bends left. Don't park near the two houses use the other end near the dog club. You can get some privecy and shelter from the road noise by going behind the trees. Beware that on a sunday morning the layby will fill very quickly with dog owners going to classes so den't expect to sleep past 8am.

Please post any request for other parts of Lincolnshire and I will reply

ian81
10-08-2006, 16:00
.useful info thanks -do you have any ideas for the Lincs coast.

sea lion
13-10-2006, 21:02
We're heading toLincoln, then up the coast to Market Raison. Any ideas appreciated.

missElaineous
15-04-2007, 22:01

I don't think JPHymer is around on here anymore, but does anyone else know of any good stopovers in Lincolnshire. I am looking for somewhere near Caenby Corner.

Jacques le foot
16-01-2009, 19:40
Lincolnshire Showground. 5 miles north of Lincoln on A15.
Just outside the main gate on the A15 is a large area of tarmac and gravel which is often used overnight by MH's although after 5am the A15 does get busy. For a quieter location go past the main gate travelling north and turn left onto the A1500 and use one of the smaller but quieter spots at one of the side gates.
Don't use the viewpoint at the top of the hill on the A1500 as I have seen suggested on other sites as it has become a meeting point for Gentlemen looking for a partner (male).

Lincoln city center. Leave lincoln on the A57 and just as you exit the last few houses you come to the West Common which used to be the Race course. In the daytime you can park on the left at the north end of the grandstand in a small parking/ picnic area, no charges and no height restrictions. the city center is about 10-15 mins walk but you pass several bus stops on the way. You could stop here overnight but for a more private location take the turning on the city side of the grandstand complex just after the new pedestrian crossing as you leave town (150 meters south of the grandstand). This is an access road to the rear of the grandstand and golf course. Hear is an area you can use and I often see German vans here overnight. The only restriction is you need to move before the golf club opens and don't drive on the golf course.

Another location often used on the A57 about 2 miles out of town. Leave the city on the A57, past the race course and over the Bypass still on the A57. In about 1/2 a mile just after the first right turn is a layby on the right before the road bends left. Don't park near the two houses use the other end near the dog club. You can get some privecy and shelter from the road noise by going behind the trees. Beware that on a sunday morning the layby will fill very quickly with dog owners going to classes so den't expect to sleep past 8am.

Hi JPHymer, we need an overnight stop in/near Lincoln as we have to have our motorhome in to Camper U.K. early in the morning. Can you offer any advice.
Thanks,
Jackie

Jacques le foot
16-01-2009, 19:50
I've just realised how long ago it was the JPHymer posted. It seems he may no longer be 'with us'. Can anyone else offer us any 'present' time stopovers in or near Lincoln..we will be coming in on the A57, from the A1., and have business in Lincoln early in the morning.
Thanks in anticipation:o.

grath
16-01-2009, 19:50
Sorry Jacques but the post that you have replied to is a 2004 year post, however someone else may be able to help you

Jacques le foot
27-01-2009, 21:27
We found a big lay by, well off the road, about 7 miles out of Lincoln on the A57. ..right hand side. There is a 'portacabin' cafe at the furthest end that opens early in the morning..we didn't use it, but there were a couple of lorries there when we 'surfaced' about 6.30am.
Hope its of use to someone else. :)

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS