PDA

View Full Version : Best Time to Visit France

Digitam
08-12-2011, 09:39
France is the best in the spring time, may and June, or visited at the beginning of autumn, September and October. Summer holidays are in July and August, making it the worst time to visit due to the overcrowding. As most of the children finds the summer holidaying as they have plenty of vacation.

According to France climate and France holiday is the best period to visit France spring (May-June) and the beginning of the autumn (september, October) especially in the South of France and South West of France.

northernspirit2001
08-12-2011, 11:05
Once again amazed at the knowledge accessible by theinternet, try School holidays France 2011 and 2012 (http://www.schoolholidayseurope.eu/france.html)

I've been to Disneyland Paris twice, once in French school holidays and the other not. The first heaven and the latter HELL!

Northerner
08-12-2011, 12:04
In my experience and to get the best combination of good weather and no crowds late May, all of June and even early July is usually OK. August is very busy but, from the end of August, it goes quiet again.

lufcdave7
08-12-2011, 13:08
In my experience and to get the best combination of good weather and no crowds late May, all of June and even early July is usually OK. August is very busy but, from the end of August, it goes quiet again.

Spot on, Northerner.

Sparks
08-12-2011, 15:57
May, south of France (coast), seagulls............. never again. The noise is unbearable.

Have to admit though, the place is a lot greener than in late August/September.

Digitam
09-12-2011, 10:43
heay, according to travellers convenience, a way to visit France offers a great full of joy too.

lebesset
09-12-2011, 13:33
not now , it's awful

scotland sounds better

John H
09-12-2011, 14:51
I have it on good authority that Digitam's real name is Sarkozy and this thread is an attempt to boost their flagging economy. ;)

barryd
09-12-2011, 22:06
We were there most of the summer and Autumn this year. It was busy for about 4 weeks from the end of July to about the 20th August but we always managed to find spaces on Aires or even quiet spots and when we visited Pont Du Arc in L'Ardeche in August it was heaving but it actually added to the fun a bit. Kayaking down the L'ardeche with hundreds of holiday makers all out to have a good time actually made a pleasant change from most places being quiet and peaceful. In the last week of August travelling around Averyon region and Langeudoc region was unreal. IT was like being in one of those survivor films where you have the whole world to yourselves. Loads of pics and info on our blog pages at Hank the Tank Motorhome website (http://www.hankthetank.co.uk)

The only place we came unstuck was St Tropez. 2 days on an Aire with Ferral kids all over the place. I would say as long as avoid the south coast (which is not the best bits of France anyway) in peak season its fine.

We drove across the middle of the Pyrenees in Spring last year from East to West. April and May. Stunning and 25 degrees in the valleys and people still skiing at 7000ft. Very quiet and a superb time to go but maybe we were lucky with the weather.

Dordogne right till the End of September early October this year had superb weather up to 30 degrees most days but cool on a night. We even stayed on one of those Campsite things as we had a lake, swimming pool and a choice of massive pitches to ourselves for a tenner a night.

channa
11-12-2011, 22:59
errm the best time to visit is between Januaryand December......France offers attraction all year round albeit christmas seems really low key co;pared to Britain.

I wouldnt argue with eithe rNortherners or Barryd,s observations

Channa

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS