PDA

View Full Version : Donington Race Track camping???

lotty
13-12-2011, 21:35
Hi, does anyone know of anywhere to camp for 3 nights close to Donington Race Track?
We were hoping to go to the Download Festival in June 2012 and usually pay to go in the campervan field,
however we have just seen they have sold out in super record time and we havnt bought our tickets yet! Forgot to do it at the weekend! Doh! :scared: :sad::sad:
We dont mind a campsite or a farmers field etc as long as it is walkable to the festival.
It's got to be secure as we would be at the race track all day only returning at night to sleep each day.

Many thanks
Lotty

chass
14-12-2011, 08:19
Ther's a proper camp site at the pub down the lane from the paddock entrance, can't remember the name of the pub.

lotty
14-12-2011, 22:51
Ther's a proper camp site at the pub down the lane from the paddock entrance, can't remember the name of the pub.

Thanks
Is that the one called Park farmhouse off Station road?
Thats the one they use for the RIP packages and is fully booked. Ive googled castle donnington and can only see 2 campsites and both are full!

cooljules
15-12-2011, 08:47
Thanks
Is that the one called Park farmhouse off Station road?
Thats the one they use for the RIP packages and is fully booked. Ive googled castle donnington and can only see 2 campsites and both are full!

is there not disabled parking still available? you could always break your other halfs legs......................... :-)

sureview
15-12-2011, 11:12
if you can not find a camp site,try Making camping eventful - Campinmygarden.com (http://campinmygarden.com/)

it list people private homes and land that are willing to let you stop, you my find a driveway not to far away !!!

lotty
01-02-2012, 10:14
if you can not find a camp site,try Making camping eventful - Campinmygarden.com (http://campinmygarden.com/)

it list people private homes and land that are willing to let you stop, you my find a driveway not to far away !!!

Thanks Sureview, I tried that site and enquired to 2 places advertising but no reply? :cry:

Anyone of our lovely members got a piece of land (or know anyone) they could let me stay on close to the race track? I am more than happy to pay.
My husband has said he is going to divorce me now cus I didn't order the campervan suppliment ticket in time :scared:
Thanks again
Lotty

Tricky
03-02-2012, 12:02
if youre not bothered about the view, there is large industrial site about a mile away from the track just outside the village with plenty of on-road just-off-road parking.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS