PDA

View Full Version : Farndon - Lincs/Notts area meetup 2012

cooljules
22-12-2011, 13:06
Anyone interested in another meet next year? a long weekend, Fri-Mon for those that can.

Would we be welcome again at the same location? Anyone got an idea when a good weekend would be around late summer/Autumn?

We would be up for it. :-) I know we got a lot of people from down south, so dont really want to push it too further north if another location.

Next years meet, i will let someone else book the weather for the weekend meet ;-)

donkey too
22-12-2011, 14:34
I know a nice little quiet place within walking of three great pubs, stacks of forest trails and good wild food spot.
name of village Dodesheide

DTDog
22-12-2011, 16:58
Would love to join you at this meet DonkeyToo, but ferry crossing would be a little bit costly for a weekend trip!!

cooljules
22-12-2011, 17:01
Would love to join you at this meet DonkeyToo, but ferry crossing would be a little bit costly for a weekend trip!!

thats your fault for having such a large posh van ;-)

Beemer
22-12-2011, 17:55
name of village Dodesheide
Married quarter area?

donkey too
22-12-2011, 19:14
No the OLD married pads were along the treet leading from Zum Kleinenman, (Brandenburger St). The new ones were flats built along the road from KM to the camp gate, (In der Dodosheide). with the new pub biult at the same time as the flats called Zum Limburge.( I was land lord of the pub for a while) If you go to the top of that road and turn left you come to the camp gate and guard room if you go on past the gate to the Panzer stasse and cross over you will see an unmade road leading beside the forest. That leads to the camp place. I used to live at number 6 Akazien Strasse, just off Brandenburger st. When I first went there the land past Kleinenmann was empty fields except for the few old village houses and the Officers quarters which were built for the camp when It was POW camp.
Interesting to note that now they have started to clear the camps. they have found underground quarters which no one knew were there.

Beemer
22-12-2011, 20:47
[QUOTE=donkey too;160066]No the OLD married pads were along the treet leading from Zum Kleinenman, (Brandenburger St). [QUOTE]

Sorry to hi jack this thread Jules, but I must pull up a sandbag and swing the light.

Thought I recognised the pads quarters name Dodesheide. Although I were (young and) single when I went to
Roberts Barracks, Osnabruck, my first posting to an adult unit in 1976.
Royal Engineers.
Vaguely remember a fish and chip shop we used to frequent regularly, with an english guy behind the counter (good when you can't/won't speak the lingo). I think it was Achmer ranges up the road?
I also remember a swimming pool called the 'Nette Bad'...

Aaah, those were the days... (stops light swinging and puts sandbag away, til the next time).

er...back on topic... I'm ready for another Farndon meet next year...:dance:

Doogie
03-01-2012, 09:37
I'm up for this. I'll try to keep an eye on this thread but if it's getting close to the date & I haven't checked in will someone give me a little prompt. My life is barely organised chaos at the mo, trying to keep too many balls in the air at one time.. Thanks..

Firefox
03-01-2012, 10:28
I think we would be welcome again at Farndon, but I would go for Leicestershire/Warwickshire/Rutland area as more central for members from Devon area and Wales etc.

In fact anywhere within easy reach of the M1/M6/A45 junction is accessible for most. I know you can't please everyone for location though. To cater for Newcastle and Scottish members, another Northern meet is needed.

donkey too
03-01-2012, 11:10
The rough centre of England and Wales from N to S and from E to W is Stoubridge Does anyone know anywhere near there? Nice Area.

suemalc
03-01-2012, 11:57
Anyone interested in another meet next year? a long weekend, Fri-Mon for those that can.

Would we be welcome again at the same location? Anyone got an idea when a good weekend would be around late summer/Autumn?

We would be up for it. :-) I know we got a lot of people from down south, so dont really want to push it too further north if another location.

Next years meet, i will let someone else book the weather for the weekend meet ;-)

hi yes we are up for it let me know thanks malc

kimbowbill
03-01-2012, 15:40
I am deffo up for a meet but i thought we could do one a bit early than August, we have already pre arranged something for April March at Ribblehad, but not posted it yet as it is far too early to be posting meets,

Ste
03-01-2012, 20:44
I'll be up for a Northern or Scottish meet anytime after February

lotty
03-01-2012, 21:37
I am deffo up for a meet but i thought we could do one a bit early than August, we have already pre arranged something for April March at Ribblehad, but not posted it yet as it is far too early to be posting meets,

you didn't tell me! are you trying to sneak off without me?:sad:
;) x

kimbowbill
03-01-2012, 21:43
you didn't tell me! are you trying to sneak off without me?:sad:
;) x

I did, we were stood in car park as you were leaving and i asked you if you fancied coming back in April ish, you said yes, lol ya loon, as if i'd sneak off without you, your my honey bun xx

DTDog
03-01-2012, 21:46
I did, we were stood in car park as you were leaving and i asked you if you fancied coming back in April ish, you said yes, lol ya loon, as if i'd sneak off without you, your my honey bun xx

Girls...... stop the fighting !!!

Kiss and make up ......... can I watch while you do it!! (Did I really put that!!!).

lotty
03-01-2012, 21:52

:lol-053: i know you wouldn't really, you don't have a choice now, Im your stalker!:scared: :lol-053::lol-061:

lotty
03-01-2012, 21:56

Kiss and make up ......... can I watch while you do it!! (Did I really put that!!!).

you men!;)

we're not fighting. Jen's my bestest buddy:heart:

kimbowbill
03-01-2012, 22:00

i knew it, thats why you wanted to drag me n Shirley up on the moors, you were praying that we'd fall down in the mud and start fighting dint ya, dint ya, you dirty ol bugga, lol,

kimbowbill
03-01-2012, 22:01
you men!;)

we're not fighting. Jen's my bestest buddy:heart:

and you mine too xxx:rockroll:

DTDog
03-01-2012, 22:18
I married my best friend :heart: :shag: :rolleyes:

kimbowbill
03-01-2012, 22:19
I married my best friend :heart: :shag: :rolleyes:

awwww thats really sweet, :heart:

Admin
03-01-2012, 22:22
awwww thats really sweet, :heart:

He is trying to lul you into a false sense of security!

Firefox
04-01-2012, 01:13
Would we be welcome again at the same location?

I remember you roundly slagged off the Riverside Pub last time and said very few would recommend it or something. You made similar and worse comments about the Station Inn which was another venue many of us liked.

If you are going to come along to these meets then I think it would be a good idea for you to approach the venue direct, in person, with any concerns you have afterwards, and not slag them off in a public forum. The landlord or anyone can read it, and we may find ourselves out of a venue who were previously kind enough to let us park up on their lands. There aren't a limitless number of places big enough or willing enough to accommodate us.

cooljules
04-01-2012, 07:22
I remember you roundly slagged off the Riverside Pub last time and said very few would recommend it or something. You made similar and worse comments about the Station Inn which was another venue many of us liked.

If you are going to come along to these meets then I think it would be a good idea for you to approach the venue direct, in person, with any concerns you have afterwards, and not slag them off in a public forum. The landlord or anyone can read it, and we may find ourselves out of a venue who were previously kind enough to let us park up on their lands. There aren't a limitless number of places big enough or willing enough to accommodate us.

now can you show me the post where i slagged them off? i havent even been to that pub, so how can i slag them off??? oh please tell me. did i slag off the tiny back street pub we went too? did i? noooooooooo beer was good, food was good and friendly staff and dogs allowed.

im sure it was you (i could be wrong) that said the food etc wasnt upto much in the riverside, and overpriced too. i know some others did. I said on a post that everyone who had been to both pubs semeed to prefer the quality and overall feel of the 2nd smaller back st pub

i said would be welcome back due to that member of staff getting bit by a dog, simple, yet you have to make it otherwise.....

i gave how i felt about the other place, which was the truth, i aint gonna lie or dance around things being charged wrong prices etc. simple.

Firefox
04-01-2012, 10:54
It's in your thread about Farndon. I think you said you didn't use the pub and reported you doubted anyone else would recommend it. Reporting what others said in a negative fashion is just as bad from the venue's point of view. Admitting you didn't use it yourself also reflects badly on us. By all means do what you like, but you don't have to post it in a public forum.

It certainly wasn't me who said the food wasn't up to much, I sent an email back to them complementing them on the food... check it out in the same thread. As for the other pub up the road, you appear to have lost the plot. That pub was not providing us with two nights free camping on their land.

I think I suggested don't bite the hand which feeds us, which you agreed was a good idea. Then you repeated exactly the same mistake over Ribblehead. I'm not going to bother phoning any venues in future, if you are going to post negative comments about them in a public forum. If you don't like the venue, then take it up with them privately. Do them the courtesy of giving them the chance to improve their customer service, rather than criticising them in a public forum and possibly affecting their trade. They extended a courtesy to us, giving us free park up, so do similar back for them.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS