PDA

View Full Version : whos awake

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125

oldish hippy
28-12-2011, 03:43
Who is awake at this time of the morning.trying to figure out who is about wether it just me and the milkmen and posties but they probaly still on holidays i could go to beach and make sandcastles need some sand if it going to snow to grit the driveway

g7hej
28-12-2011, 04:24
GOOD MORNING
and HAPPY CHRISTMAS.
i am awake, i sat on our reception in blackpool, BORED to tears, looking round the net trying to get bits for my talbot.

regards graham

oldish hippy
28-12-2011, 06:01
another one beside the sea side with a pier been to bed managed a hour used to do the job i assume you doing night manage r hotelwel at least u got internet to keep u occupied spend to much time on here but do manage it as i dont have to concentrate for too long a time and if i lose the plot i can always go back and start from where i last remember

oldpolicehouse
28-12-2011, 06:26
Been up since 5
Bit of an insomniac

Blue Skies

whitevanwoman
29-12-2011, 01:34
I'm awake, can't sleep for coughing :mad2:

Got no codeine linctus, no night nurse :sad:

Am hoping that a hot ribena with a good splash of my friend's homemade damson gin will help...

suemalc
29-12-2011, 06:27
iv got a 7month old collie so i have to get up its walkies time all the time malc:wacko::rolleyes2:

oldish hippy
29-12-2011, 08:03
I'm awake, can't sleep for coughing :mad2:

Got no codeine linctus, no night nurse :sad:

Am hoping that a hot ribena with a good splash of my friend's homemade damson gin will help...

damson gi n sound like good idea sorry to hear that un ot to brill

whitevanwoman
12-01-2012, 04:22
Why am I awake at such a stupid time of day? (Rhetorical question).

Grrrrr..... :mad2:

oldish hippy
12-01-2012, 07:33
i said that to my self at 2oclok this morning

oldish hippy
13-01-2012, 01:29
slightly better than yesterday it 20 past 2 now to go put on gas fire warm this room up grab sleeping bag curl up on sofa hopefully fall asleep in a short while just cant lie in bedif cant settle and it not cold either that wake me

whitevanwoman
13-01-2012, 07:18
Despite only about 3 hrs sleep the night before, and feeling shattered all day yesterday, by 10 pm last night I was bouncing and couldn't unwind so it was about 2am before I fell asleep last night. Luckily the 3 alarms I set for this morning have worked and I am up but feeling like I could now sleep for a week. Hopefully today's training course won't be too boring as it will be very tempting to go and have 40 winks in the Tranny - got to take the Tranny cos of flat battery in the Peugeot Partner. But chilly and icy here so that should wake me up when I go and de-ice the windscreen.

oldish hippy
13-01-2012, 07:36
not to bad here not icy cold but we will see got dentist on friday 13 not good news but hey ho did read other post wondered if u got pug started should have read this one first lot milder in the south than up north (in a strong northen accent } somereset is nice ok it long way from the lakes but not to far from cornwall which i love ok only using small van at moment think i will have to go bigger as struggle without power steering ok to drive but bugger to turn have 5 point turn on drive way to get out

Teffy
13-01-2012, 19:04
not to bad here not icy cold but we will see got dentist on friday 13 not good news

Hope you got on OK at the dentist, not good news any day, not just Friday 13th! I went just before Christmas and she couldn't find anything wrong so decided to give them a good clean - so thorough that I felt as if all my teeth were coming loose! :D

oldish hippy
13-01-2012, 19:27
yep as well as can be expected just nice finish to the week monday 4 injections into spine oooahhh so cr^^ week and ut doesnt seemed to have worked thanks teffy

Teffy
13-01-2012, 21:40
Glad the dentist wasn't too bad - the ooohaaah injections sound awful!!!! Wouldn't be so bad if they had done some good.
My 13th wasn't too bad except I decided to make some pies with the mincemeat I had left over from Christmas. Got the pastry ready, cut out and into the tins then I discovered I couldn't get the lid off the jar of mincemeat so they had to wait until my husband got home. I had a little rubber grippy mat for opening jars but it seems to have disappeared. Its so annoying when you can't do things.
Hope you have a good night.

oldish hippy
13-01-2012, 23:13
never had such thing wedged in door that was the way i was taught to undo lids

bobowas007
13-01-2012, 23:30
I am:have fun:

flyby
15-01-2012, 00:51
i am to

Firefox
15-01-2012, 01:23
Me of course!

Admin
15-01-2012, 01:46
time for bed said zeberdy

oldish hippy
15-01-2012, 02:27
last night dinner in frying pan for breakfast fish cake fried pots something different mind you it is half 3 on sun morn when all sane folk should be asleep

snowbirds
15-01-2012, 05:34
Good morning

Still dark had to get up last nights curry was calling, cup of tea and online have a nice day

Snowbirds:scared:

last night dinner in frying pan for breakfast fish cake fried pots something different mind you it is half 3 on sun morn when all sane folk should be asleep

Moondance
15-01-2012, 06:01
Hi there! I'm awake! Dont really want to be-but I have a 13hr shift to contemplate! Mind you-it gets the hours out of the way in a big lump and gives me more time off! Hurrray! The winds howling outside and rattling the trees, and I'm hoping my van will start! Oh well-here goes!

NicknClair
15-01-2012, 07:30
Up and ready to repair a Truma Boiler for someone........................................... ..... at some point i'll rest :lol-053:

oldish hippy
15-01-2012, 07:51
Hi there! I'm awake! Dont really want to be-but I have a 13hr shift to contemplate! Mind you-it gets the hours out of the way in a big lump and gives me more time off! Hurrray! The winds howling outside and rattling the trees, and I'm hoping my van will start! Oh well-here goes!

you in my fav part of uk well it is out of season dont have to dodge emmets

whitevanwoman
15-01-2012, 11:37
At last, a good undisturbed 11 hours sleep, much much needed. Now I just got to shift my circadian rhythm so that I go to sleep at a normal time and wake up at a normal time instead of going to sleep in the wee small hours, and then wasting the morning and not waking up till nearly lunchtime.

Moondance
15-01-2012, 20:47
you in my fav part of uk well it is out of season dont have to dodge emmets

Yes-tis beautiful here now! The beaches and cliffs empty, the wildlife just getting used to the peace! I love travelling-but its so lovely to come back! I'm sitting here tonight with the starry sky above, the owls hooting and the foxes calling-my nirvana indeed!

Firefox
16-01-2012, 01:21
Still awake, LOL. I'm going to have an early night tonight though!

kangooroo
16-01-2012, 02:18
WIDE awake - as always at this time of day!

Viktor
16-01-2012, 02:42
Lol...likewise....mind in overdrive.

whitevanwoman
16-01-2012, 10:57
Another good nights sleep, about 10 hours, makes a pleasant change. I think my brain was exhausted after spending the weekend fixing the SWV (small white van)!

Hope you all got some sleep eventually.

oldish hippy
16-01-2012, 17:42
wanted some six inch nail so this post can be fixed down so ican see who awake by just looking at whos visited this post so ican find it early hour of the morning well that didnt work will have to try sky hooks been told they brill oh by the way morning all

scampa
25-01-2012, 03:50
Who is awake at this time of the morning.

Definitely not me!! G'night all. :sleep-027:

whitevanwoman
25-01-2012, 05:45
:wave: morning all, early doors for me today, no reason, but an opportunity to do some much needed housework (ugghhh, nasty word) :lol-053:

oldish hippy
26-01-2012, 02:12
i awake again early feeling better than yesterday

Teffy
26-01-2012, 19:44
i awake again early feeling better than yesterday

Glad you were feeling better this morning. Not a bad day here really, some nice sunshine.
Wish I could give you some of my sleeping in exchange for some of your wakefulness. Amongst other things, I have chronic anaemia, which means I'm always tired and I'm forever falling asleep when I would rather be getting on with things! Wish we could both have a happy medium! Although funnily enough I often wake up in the wee small hours but wouldn't dare get up as that would wake the dogs and they would wake my husband and he has to be up early for work.

oldish hippy
30-01-2012, 01:25
well istill awake cuddling hot water bottle thinking about bed shall itry again or not but one thing thanks for the 100 likes i have received up till now so hit a century ok it was cold when igot up so grabbed hot water bottle sat her for hour deciding what to do listening to radio then put on pc to see whos awake not a lot this time of the morning he we go me waffling again ttfn

whitevanwoman
30-01-2012, 08:11
well istill awake cuddling hot water bottle thinking about bed shall itry again or not but one thing thanks for the 100 likes i have received up till now so hit a century ok it was cold when igot up so grabbed hot water bottle sat her for hour deciding what to do listening to radio then put on pc to see whos awake not a lot this time of the morning he we go me waffling again ttfn

Sorry you had a bad night but here's your 101th like to cheer you up :wave:

oldish hippy
30-01-2012, 08:29
thanks wvw

oldish hippy
02-02-2012, 04:23
not to bad to da y had bacon butties for brekie put out recycyling it blo cold one this morning reminder to self get some slippers so i awake now on second cup of java do my usuaul morning trawl through the internet see who slagged me out and who still love me not many lol checked mail and that the start of my day nothing planned at the moment but if i get an offer that could all change anyway goodmorning to all the early risers

Bigpeetee
02-02-2012, 05:35
Yet another B****y crap nights

Thought I wouldn't get laptop out but watch some recorded programmes to see if I fell asleep. I didn't!!!

Dog thinks I'm going mad, getting up at 2.30 again.

Oh well, almost time to get up???

herbenny
02-02-2012, 06:16
I was up at my usual 4.30 ......another long day ahead of me:mad1: ...........come on lottery angels :angel:shine some good fortune on us so we can bugger off in our new mororhome and travel the world. big sigh :(

kimbowbill
02-02-2012, 06:34
Well i know this sounds bad but i get my best nights sleep on the settee, i just nod off and dont wake up til 6.30, if i go to bed i cant sleep , even tried putting telly on in bed to make me sleep but it just dont work, i got a right comfy bed too, it feels wrong but at least i dont have to change my bed.

oldish hippy
02-02-2012, 07:53
Well i know this sounds bad but i get my best nights sleep on the settee, i just nod off and dont wake up til 6.30, if i go to bed i cant sleep , even tried putting telly on in bed to make me sleep but it just dont work, i got a right comfy bed too, it feels wrong but at least i dont have to change my bed.

well if i am having bad week the use sleeping bag with a liner that way it goe from settee to bed and back again only liner to wash and means i dont have to make the bed which is a pain chuck hot water bottle in sleping bag it then warm to get into to and dont wake up cold where i lost the duvet after fighing with it as there only me at least iget all the duvet when i use it not having to share it is one good thing dont wake up with a cold b** where the du vet been pinched lol

whitevanwoman
02-02-2012, 18:40

Me too, although its not v comfy on my 2 seater settee, either my legs go numb curled up underneath me or else feet get cold hanging over the arm. But when it's as cold as it is at the moment, it's just too cold to sleep upstairs, so quite often I get the camping mat and sleeping bag out and sleep on the floor in front of the stove. Minus 10C here last night and same forecast for tonight, ice on inside of the window this morning, didn't melt till lunchtime. Brrrr!!!

Sometimes I find I'm tired so I go to bed, but then I can't sleep so I put the light on and read, then I feel myself getting sleepy and eyes closing, so I close my book, take off specs, put light off and then suddenly I'm wide awake again :confused: :confused: :confused:

So I've got cheap reading specs and low energy light and just let myself fall asleep reading now. Neighbours must be curious as to why my bedroom light is on at all times of the night.

Doc gave me some sleeping tabs but if I take one I can't get up in the morning :mad: Am getting back into my old owl habits again, not going to bed till silly time in the morning, too wide awake, it's a hard habit to break. Sometimes I'm so tired I can sleep through 3 alarms, other times I wake up after only a couple of hours sleep and can't get back off to sleep so have to get up. Like last night. Only got about 3 hours last night, been knackered all day, and gave in and had half hour nap earlier, I could have easily slept longer but then I wouldn't get to sleep this evening. Still feeling tired so hopefully the nap won't keep me awake tonight.

whitevanwoman
02-02-2012, 18:44
well if i am having bad week the use sleeping bag with a liner that way it goe from settee to bed and back again only liner to wash and means i dont have to make the bed which is a pain chuck hot water bottle in sleping bag it then warm to get into to and dont wake up cold where i lost the duvet after fighing with it as there only me at least iget all the duvet when i use it not having to share it is one good thing dont wake up with a cold b** where the du vet been pinched lol

I'd rather wash & dry my sleeping bag than do battle with changing the duvet cover, a job I hate. I have even gone back to a single duvet cos changing double duvet cover winds me up so bad, I always get all the corners wrong and then it ends up twisted and it takes ages...

My microwave slippers and bean bags are a god send, they're the one thing I miss when I'm camping. Hot water bottle is fine but not as quick and easy as microwave beanies and you can't get hot water bottles that you can wear on your feet!

Old_Arthur
02-02-2012, 19:34
:D last night i was woke up from a dead sleep :sleep-027: with the house phone ringing when i answered it was one of the grandsons mates wanting to know if he was here :mad: anyway i put a round of ferks into him and told him he'd get my foot up his ar$e if he rung at this time of night again and hung up i looked at the clock and it was 9.40pm :raofl:
i sleep 10 hrs ever night the sleep of the innocent with a clear concisions :sleep-027:

Teffy
02-02-2012, 19:45
Sometimes I find I'm tired so I go to bed, but then I can't sleep so I put the light on and read, then I feel myself getting sleepy and eyes closing, so I close my book, take off specs, put light off and then suddenly I'm wide awake again :confused: :confused: :confused:

Oh the number of times I do that! Then my legs get twitchy and I'm going round and round trying to get comfy again!

whitevanwoman
02-02-2012, 20:03
Oh the number of times I do that! Then my legs get twitchy and I'm going round and round trying to get comfy again!

Ditto. And as soon as I finally get comfy and start drifting off, then the dog starts doing the same! He sleeps under my bed and so the whole bed shakes when he does his turning round and round thing.

oldish hippy
02-02-2012, 20:24
get some bricks jack up bed give dog more room and get some steps
sleeping bag liners are easy to wash than feather sleeping bags

whitevanwoman
02-02-2012, 20:40
get some bricks jack up bed give dog more room and get some steps
sleeping bag liners are easy to wash than feather sleeping bags

I keep my down sleeping bag for camping and use the cheap easy to wash and dry ones in the house - the one's you recommended from Tesco are just the job, and unzipped they double up as an extra blanket on the bed when it's cold.

The dog usually ends up on the bed anyway, he waits till I'm asleep and then sneaks up and lies at my feet. I don't really mind, it keeps them warm.

oldish hippy
02-02-2012, 20:51
use liner feather sleeping bag the n cheapy outside that if cold then feather could do with replacing it old now but still warm

oldish hippy
03-02-2012, 03:45
good morning all another chilly one

kenspain
03-02-2012, 04:30
Good morning to you bloody cold here today had some snow yesterday. Hope it,s a bit warmer there just of to Airport for a quick visit over:wave:

whitevanwoman
03-02-2012, 11:10
Midday and it's still minus 2C here (minus 10C again last night) although the sun is out and it's a lovely blue sky day, my favourite kind of winter day. Too cold to work on the Tranny today, I was going to put a second layer of insulation on the roof but I think it's too cold to use the spray glue. But I'm going to get the sledge out and dusted off ready for some snow tomorrow and I might give the Tranny a run out to keep the battery topped up.

Hope you're managing to keep warm, and that it's a lovely blue sky day for you too

Firefox
03-02-2012, 22:13
I'm afraid I do the owl thing. It's a bad habit to get into but I can't seem to help it. If I go through a period of a few days where I don't have to go to work, I soon start reverse sleeping. I tend to sleep from about 5am to midday and there it stays. Talk about getting up with the sunrise, I go to to bed with the sunrise!

Anyway I never did like mornings. It's much more pleasant to wake up to a nice warm afternoon.:rockroll:

oldish hippy
03-02-2012, 22:45
didnt settle down till about 20past 3 went to bed at midnight got uip at 1 went back at 2 50 last time isaw the clock was 3/10 hate not knowing the time if i wake up then itry to force myself to go back to sleep or if i only had a hour then itry not to get up .sometimes i have to get up because iam uncomfortable so grab slleeping bag the n try the sofaafter short walk to sofa ican get back off to sleep

oldish hippy
04-02-2012, 07:43
well decision made going to keep this post as mine ,if i can find it.so if want to see me waffle then come here ,if not avoid it not worried about grammar full stops spelling ettiquete post what u want in reply to anything post i got thick skin
well it sat ,another frosty nightbut it is dry vans still there well it was when i got up opened bedroom curtains it looked like mine and was parked in same place ,yep it was daylight when i got up the patches seem to work well for few day then wear off toward the end of the week , coffee bacon butties for breakie foleed by couple ciggies thats me set up for day havent decided what i doing will wait to see if sun comes out ,play

n brown
04-02-2012, 07:51
morning oh tap in kitchen frozen but bathroom ok lovely morning,but quite happy to sit next to the stupid storage heater and look at it thru the window

macbob
04-02-2012, 08:26
Morning, I just got woke up by a courier delivering my new 100w solar panel :) only problem that I have is that its going to be too cold over the next few days to install it using adhesive :( never mind at least its a step in the right direction having a solar panel.

n brown
04-02-2012, 09:03
nails work ok in the cold

oldish hippy
04-02-2012, 09:05
welsat her old cardi across shoulder debating what to do today will put heating on in a bit but do not try to turn it on before midday if get really cold the will just use one room and gas fire cant beat old coal fires bank them up at night and it would be nice and warm in morning sit front of it doing toast and kettle on swing arm luxurys

whitevanwoman
04-02-2012, 10:43
Morning, I just got woke up by a courier delivering my new 100w solar panel :) only problem that I have is that its going to be too cold over the next few days to install it using adhesive :( never mind at least its a step in the right direction having a solar panel.

Frustrating isn't it when you've got all the kit and the time to do a job, but can't get on with it cos it's too cold to do it :mad2:
Never mind, in my case there are plenty of other jobs which need doing and I can't use the weather as an excuse not to do them.

Plenty of sleep for me the past 2 nights but not a very good sleeping pattern, finally getting to sleep about 3am, then sleeping through alarms and not waking till 11am. As Firefox says, it's so easy to slip into a routine which isn't good when you need to be able to get up in the morning. Lucky for me, alot of my work at the moment is from home, but I do need to get this sleep problem sorted in the next month or so as once my training course finishes in March I'm going to be having to get up at "sparrow's fart" to drive to venues to deliver training courses to other people.

oldish hippy
04-02-2012, 10:57
used to have to get upo all hours when i was on call out think nothing of going to manchester to to hours work drove all the way to norfolk to turn on a switch 5 hours driving to get there five hours back thanks health and saftey told them what problem was but they could not hit reset contact as it was inside a panel got there two mins cup coffee sign the sheet drove back good job good money as it was call out lol there hasnt been many place i havent been in uk at one time or another

macbob
04-02-2012, 14:58
need to get this sleep problem sorted in the next month or so as once my training course finishes in March I'm going to be having to get up at "sparrow's fart" to drive to venues to deliver training courses to other people.

What training are you hoping to deliver?

whitevanwoman
04-02-2012, 15:47
What training are you hoping to deliver?

I'm doing a specialist Mental Health Awareness Train the Trainers course at the moment, sponsored by NHS, in return for sponsorship I have to deliver 2 x 3 day courses later this year (no dates yet), once I've done that I can work freelance anywhere in the country. There are no other trainers in Cumbria so the 12 people on my course will be the only ones and very few in Northumberland, N Yorkshire, Lancashire etc so I've been told there'll be plenty of work but will involve travelling. May even get regular work further afield - our trainers are travelling from Nottingham to Cumbria and are also delivering courses in Newcastle at the moment. The National Governing Body for the training is based in London so I can foresee regular trips down there.

Also hoping to get on Mental Health First Aid Trainers course and Suicide Prevention training courses in near future if the organisations I do voluntary work for can source funding to cover the (substantial) costs - £2k+ :mad:

Firefox
05-02-2012, 01:29
Part of my problem is I don't do regular hours.

My "normal" 3 day a week pattern is sleep from 4 to 9 or 9.30. Into work about 10 or 10.30. You may think that is is easy, but I don't finish work till 7 or 8 in the evening. Then the other two days a week I have to go to an early meeting in London or elsewhere and get up at 5, 6, or 7 in the morning.

At the moment I don't have any problem waking up at a stupid time if I have to. I just set the alarm or tell myself I have to be up and my body clock will wake me up at that time. I don't know how this works but it seems to.

Say I work 10am till 8pm Thursday and up at 6am on Friday for a meeting or meetings that last 12 hours on Friday so not back till 7pm Friday night. I reach the van near railway station and go straight to bed. Wake up 1am Sat. Do shopping and surf the net for 4 hours, Then back to bed 5am and sleep till 10am sat morning ... that's how life goes on. There is no day or night. Just work, sleep, and food.

I'm sure this lifestyle is not good for general well being, and I don't know how long I can last doing it. The van allows me to grab 6 hours sleep, toilet and meals in side streets, in between odd work hours. This is why I don't understand why people need all these aires, car parks, and "approved" places. Just turn up, sleep, eat and leave. There's more free parking in the UK than you think.

Admin
05-02-2012, 02:05
I am just off to bed, so night all

oldish hippy
05-02-2012, 06:02
well it 7 am not so cold today .does that mean more snow on the way,start of long day going to have to get iron out been in bath too long again gone all aged

Bigpeetee
05-02-2012, 06:33
Slept well last night until the dog needed to go out at 6.30. So much better waking up when the weather is +6 at that time of the morning. No snow here- bliss. I love the white stuff on the mountains but not in my back yard.

The dry cold we had last week was much better than the usual wet cold for the joints. Can't wait for the warmer weather, all 2 weeks of it.

Judging by the past two or three years, May-June will be the best time to go away in the UK.

oldish hippy
05-02-2012, 06:50
just try and avoid the emmets have to put up with them at home ,sudden stoppping lurching out to cross the road and driving so slowly as it dangerous and parking well wont go there ,when in cornwall ithink i drive like a local, drive at them ,and drive up the bank when passing in a narrow lane without slowing down and knowing the width of the van,suprising how many emmet dont know the width of there car/van.my attitude well it insured and i not worried ,1 if it gets coww poo up the side ,and few bramble scratches,and get a lttle muddy where puddle splashing. it all come out in wash ,seen cars slow down to go through puddles of muddy water on narrow lanes lol

oldish hippy
07-02-2012, 04:12
nice warm morning lovely here on the beach sun is sshining whooa thought i was awake day dreaming not that bad this morning but it still dark morning all

kimbowbill
07-02-2012, 05:03
well i've been awake since 3 am, the moon is lovely, am tired now and have to be up fro work in 30 mins, oh dear, heres to feeling pants all day

oldish hippy
07-02-2012, 06:30
depend on who's pants you'r feeling lol

oldish hippy
08-02-2012, 04:28
just been skinny dipping i wish it morning so morning all had a browse through the i nternet took my pulse yes i am still here

oldish hippy
09-02-2012, 03:50
well it five oclock foxes are out and about it bin day today but we do have a few town foxes about as fast food shoop are nearby well they that fast here today gone tommmrow lol just put out rubbish glad when tommorow dcome can change my patch think the one i got on at moment fell in itching poweder it been a right itchy bugger

Bigpeetee
09-02-2012, 04:02
Morning to all the early birds.

Done some painting, dishes and walked the dog and it's only 5 am.

Still not as cold as late, love the sea at this time of morning.

Clouds starting to roll in, is this the rain/snow threatened?? At least it'll warm up and save the heating bill!!

oldish hippy
09-02-2012, 04:22
Good morning peetee dont know if the tides in cant see the sea from here it only few mins away from here it is forecast snow glad it bit warmer like you said it save a bit on heating bill ,mind u bill lucky fellow he is always warm ,mind people do moan about poor old bill a lot

oldish hippy
10-02-2012, 06:13
well it sad day on here peeeps leaving all ican say is this if ihave caused a ny offencethen it wasnt meant and that this post will be kept going if only by mme when i homeas i do not have mobile internet please note that antagonistic post will be met with a what the f___*** do you mean by that ok it might get me banned but do i care NO so those that have left aand pop in in to see whatsa happening with this forum feel free to use this post to keep in contact with your freindsif if it as a free member with a alais sorry about the post not being written or spell checked a ltttle bit sad today at the snipeing going on here at moment ok ican not talk about it i do crack off with some sarcastic comment but they are not meant to be just done in a spirit of good humour well that my rant for the day so from one sad hippy all have a good day

Apache Two
10-02-2012, 06:34
Morning from Stonehenge..
Chilly and snowy but the roads seem ok as traffic is running well..

oldish hippy
10-02-2012, 06:38
well how bads the snow was hoping to make it later but as coming across the mendips just wonder what it like out there

oldish hippy
12-02-2012, 13:18
well glad i went f made to feel more than welcome ok driving across the mendips in a blizzard nearly turned for home but glad i didnt just word of apolgys sorry i didnt come wood collecting could have brought back a few sticks , but any way was made more than welcome sat morning by the time my van had defrosted it was starting to freeze againbut was i worried just a little couldnt remmeber if topped up anti freeze ke sora ke sora but had a good time home been in the tub had good soak feel better for itso thank to all yes i am awake it oly 20 past two in afternnoon just got to cllean out van but that can wiat till tommorowit should all be there

Rubbertramp
12-02-2012, 16:39
well glad i went f made to feel more than welcome ok driving across the mendips in a blizzard nearly turned for home but glad i didnt just word of apolgys sorry i didnt come wood collecting could have brought back a few sticks , but any way was made more than welcome sat morning by the time my van had defrosted it was starting to freeze againbut was i worried just a little couldnt remmeber if topped up anti freeze ke sora ke sora but had a good time home been in the tub had good soak feel better for itso thank to all yes i am awake it oly 20 past two in afternnoon just got to cllean out van but that can wiat till tommorowit should all be there

It was great to meet you over the weekend Barry!...If you'd have come to the woods with us we'd have given you and your twigs a ride back on our "stretcher"....and many thanks for the advice on leisure battery charging from alternator.:bow:
Keep yer pecker up lad!;)

oldish hippy
13-02-2012, 13:29
It was great to meet you over the weekend Barry!...If you'd have come to the woods with us we'd have given you and your twigs a ride back on our "stretcher"....and many thanks for the advice on leisure battery charging from alternator.:bow:
Keep yer pecker up lad!;)

more than welcome sometimes it is easier to show someone how it is done than to explain at least they can think oh that does look right or doesnt

whitevanwoman
14-02-2012, 01:24
:mad2: Am wide awake, can't sleep. So much for getting an early night. Got a busy day tomorrow, need to be up early and don't want to sleep through alarms :mad2:

I knew I shouldn't have had that can of pepsi earlier.

scampa
14-02-2012, 01:53
:mad2: Am wide awake, can't sleep. So much for getting an early night. Got a busy day tomorrow, need to be up early and don't want to sleep through alarms :mad2:

I knew I shouldn't have had that can of pepsi earlier.

Maybe you could try mixing something a little stronger with your Pepsi? :cheers:

whitevanwoman
14-02-2012, 02:04
I wish I had. Have just had a hot chocolate & gone back to bed but I'll probably be wanting a wee just as I doze off.

oldish hippy
14-02-2012, 02:17
Good morning look like i just missed the early morning rush.Now iam awake you all gone to bed never morning all those awake nice warm morning coffee giggie waiting for the sun rise to tel me it is today ok it valentines not a good day for those on thier own but like me we will get through it so feel free to moan on this post. i going to have a moan later when the hospital get hold of me. BUT HOPEFULLY FOR THE BETTER.

ps no sloppy valentines messages please well not in public by pm i dont mind you wont see me blush that way lol.

oldish hippy
14-02-2012, 02:19
I wish I had. Have just had a hot chocolate & gone back to bed but I'll probably be wanting a wee just as I doze off.

BETTER NOT SING YOU A NURSERY RYHME

tinkle tinkle litlle starLOL

whitevanwoman
14-02-2012, 09:22
I knew it, I've bloody overslept. :mad2:

oldish hippy
14-02-2012, 11:17
oh dear not a good start to the day set up a private email and leave pc on and have pc play a tune when new email come in and i send emal at allotted time lol

whitevanwoman
14-02-2012, 17:13
Either I slept through 3 alarms or else for some reason they didn't go off. I ended up being only 10 mins later than my revised ETA at my friends which is about normal for me, although some of the errands have had to be put off till tomorrow.

But the important things got done - we had a good walk out on the fells after lunch, I got a new tyre to replace the punctured one (which was knackered as I must have driven a fair way on it whilst it was flat without realising) so I now can drive without worrying about not having a spare, and I got a plyboard table top for on top of the dog's cage in the Tranny cut to size at the sawmill. Just need to decide whether to varnish or wax it or whether to cover it in the same flowery sticky back plastic that I used for my deluxe loo seat.

Also arranged for some time next week to help the friend I visited, who lives in the middle of nowhere with 12 acres of land and who was widowed unexpectedly last year after 30 years of one of the best marriages I've ever seen, to saw up a tree which is down, in return for some logs :D
That should keep me in hot baths for a good few weeks. It's a dead ash so can be burned straightaway more or less.

A good day although I'm pretty tired now and the dog has put himself straight to bed as soon as we got home after romping miles on the fells with his collie friends.

I bet I wake naturally early tomorrow when I'd be quite happy to sleep in as my elec is going to be off all day. At least I can brew up in the Tranny but will have to have a whole day without internet access :scared:

oldish hippy
14-02-2012, 17:26
There was only ten minute or less from the time i got up till u went to bed, left you a nursery ryhmme which wasnt bad for me considring i hadnt been up that long, glad you had a good afternoon wish i was capable of a good romp across the fell think it would take me ages would do it but would know about later but aint going to stop me. Cover it in sticky back plastic that way it wipes clean and if you spill red wine on it it wont stain that. The firewood will come in handy ,will have to find the picture of my coffee on sat morning i thought was funny.Not to worry about electric being off you still can work on lappy ,and use woodburner to cook on so not that drastic and get jobs done that dont require electric just the sweat on your brow, in my case that is thinking lol

whitevanwoman
14-02-2012, 17:47
Hopefully it'll be dry tomorrow and I can get the new gaskets for the whirly bird air vents in the Tranny fitted, and do some more insulating. It's not had a run out for a couple of weeks so I think I'll go for a drive and do some dog training on the common - I need to get him to jump a 9 foot long jump, I know he can physically do it when there's a tennis ball at the far end of it, but without the tennis ball as incentive he jumps about 3 foot and then trots disinterestedly over the rest of it. And in the competition in 10 days time, we won't be allowed to use tennis balls as encouragement. So I have to pretend that I have a tennis ball, but he's not buying it... :(

Am going to have to get on with a fair bit of online work tonight seeing as how I've got an unexpected day off tomorrow :(

How did you get on at the hospital? Were they nice to you or was it a bit brutal?

oldish hippy
15-02-2012, 05:46
good morning at least it not stupid oclock qyuite reasonable hour of the day is it stil dark out there hold i take a look yep it is still dark out there mind u went to bed at stupid oclock so that could be the reason why it no stupid oclock as you can only have one of those in a day during the week and two in a day at weekends well thats what i been told who am i not to believe them ,i just a country bumkin well some say no sense no feelling so is it cold today lol anyway enough waffle morning all

whitevanwoman
15-02-2012, 06:29
Yesterday I slept through 3 alarms and didn't wake up till 10 am. This morning I didn't set an alarm and woke up at 7.15 am. WTF? :confused:

oldish hippy
15-02-2012, 06:57
it is called s*** law always the way if I don't have to get up early but I do get up early, the same here if I have to be up and out next day and try and get early night whats the betting I wont settle and have a rough nite so feel like cr** the next day .

whitevanwoman
15-02-2012, 07:02
Elec about to go off any moment for the day, so have a good day, don't talk about me too much whilst I'm not around ;)

Blue sky here and it looks like the sun is lurking behind the fell so a day outside for me and the dog I think. :D

oldish hippy
15-02-2012, 07:25
You have good day and would i do such a thing lol

quick let gossip about wvw whilst she not here she wont be able to answer back a quite woman now theres a rarity only joking not about a quite woman but that dangerous ground grab hard hard and protective wear lol and lock himself inside the bunker lol

whitevanwoman
15-02-2012, 07:53
Ha ha, I'm back, the elec was off for less than 5 mins, but it's taken about 15 mins for my broadband to come back up :confused:

Am not convinced that's it for the day so have reboiled a full kettle of water.

Am in the middle of writing an article for the local mountain rescue team's website about how to stay safe on the fells during a lightning storm, so be careful or there might be a few lightning bolts coming your way :scared:

Bigpeetee
15-02-2012, 08:19
Better to be told you'd be off for the day then find it's only 5 mins, than told it's 5 mins and it lasting all day!!!

Sleep is a strange thing, if my Girls have a Gig that's a long way from home ie driving through the night, you can guarantee that on the morning of the gig I'll wake up at about 4.30am. It can be a long day and I'm not good at sleeping through the day!

Good luck WVW with the dog training, I made some scaling walls for our local dog training group, our retriever took one look, smiled to himself as if to say, "Can't you see it's easier to go round it rather than over"!! But he does love swimming in the sea, river or lakes but hates it when the waves pound on the prom. Probably feels the vibrations through his paws. He's also passionate about muddy puddles and will flop in any he can.

He's nearly 8 and still has too much energy.

oldish hippy
15-02-2012, 08:44
Ha ha, I'm back, the elec was off for less than 5 mins, but it's taken about 15 mins for my broadband to come back up :confused:

Am not convinced that's it for the day so have reboiled a full kettle of water.

Am in the middle of writing an article for the local mountain rescue team's website about how to stay safe on the fells during a lightning storm, so be careful or there might be a few lightning bolts coming your way :scared:

oops that was quick duck and cover lol

whitevanwoman
15-02-2012, 08:50
Better to be told you'd be off for the day then find it's only 5 mins, than told it's 5 mins and it lasting all day!!!

Sleep is a strange thing, if my Girls have a Gig that's a long way from home ie driving through the night, you can guarantee that on the morning of the gig I'll wake up at about 4.30am. It can be a long day and I'm not good at sleeping through the day!

Good luck WVW with the dog training, I made some scaling walls for our local dog training group, our retriever took one look, smiled to himself as if to say, "Can't you see it's easier to go round it rather than over"!! But he does love swimming in the sea, river or lakes but hates it when the waves pound on the prom. Probably feels the vibrations through his paws. He's also passionate about muddy puddles and will flop in any he can.

He's nearly 8 and still has too much energy.

Re elec, definitely, a very pleasant surprise but am determined not to spend the day online just because I can so about to head out into the Tranny and do some more work on it before a drive out later.

Re dog training, RTP will be 9 next month so I am not taking his working trials training too seriously, and it's more for his enjoyment and to satisfy his need to work and also to train me in how to train my next dog for working trials. I am not going to push him too hard as I know he can physically do a 6 foot scale and 9 foot long jump (he jumps 9ft stream gullies on the fells effortlessly, and will scramble easily over a 6 foot stile or stone wall) but whilst he is a smart dog and still very capable of learning new things, he's perhaps not quite as quick on the uptake as he used to be. Unless there is a very positive reward for him (eg tennis ball or the sheer enjoyment of being out on the fells) he does tend to have a similar attitude as your retriever. Ditto re swimming but he hates the hose!! And ditto re muddy puddles, especially in summer when puddles on the fells tend to be just sticky mud baths. And why does he love drinking out of muddy puddles when there's a clean puddle or stream nearby? :confused:

Shame we don't live closer as I would definitely commission you to make me a scale and I know a few other people who would be interested in one too. Although N Wales isn't too far for me, just a couple of hours, and it could be combined with a couple of days away in the BWV as I don't know that part of the world at all. Let me know if you'd be interested in making me a scale, and whether you'd be able to make one that could be disassembled for portability.

Time to switch off now and get on with sorting out the vents and insulation in the Tranny, have a good day everyone.

oldish hippy
16-02-2012, 06:06
morning well it not as cold a morning as last week and some of us on here where getting ready to do battle with the cold as we where called southern softie dont think so anymore.hey up it almost daylight out there cant win go bed when tired and get up early go to bed the time i normally get up then still get the same amount of time in bed well that is a condrum i work out one of these day well at least it not raining here decisions decisions what to to do todaythen igot to decide what i have decideded to do today well still making that decission when i have made that desiscion then i know what going to do today lol

whitevanwoman
16-02-2012, 09:54
Had a strange night's sleep last night, woke at 5am exactly, then 6 am exactly and then 7am exactly. But then went back to sleep and only just woke up now (lucky it's half term so I don't have to be up) but had a strange dream, not exactly a nightmare, but not a very good dream, that my house was flooding and the water was coming through the ceiling and it turned out that there was a hole in the roof! I guess that trying to fix the whirly bird vent on the van yesterday must have been the cause of the dream!

Just as well I didn't look at Victor's nasty pictures, I'd have been having night terrors!

Another day insulating the Tranny today, I can't believe how long it's taking, but it is quite a fiddly job. Have a good day OH whatever you decide to do, you sound as indecisive as I usually am!

oldish hippy
16-02-2012, 11:49
decision made washed the van well chucked some water at it job done washed the lights as they where a bit cruddy.Nice day out there but not nice enough for me to go to the beach and build sandcastles .

Teffy
16-02-2012, 19:27
Doesn't have to be nice to play on the beach. Many years ago my youngest son and I played on the beach on the Isle of Man in a snowstorm, and we've both never forgotten it because it was one of the funniest things we ever did!

oldish hippy
17-02-2012, 04:56
Good morning all well think it nice morning it dark so cannot see that much ,Teffy when i frst moved here in the flush of my youth,{chasing skirt }i was told we NEVER get snow on the beach and first year iwas hhere snow on the beach mind have see some wicked weather here as used to worked as night manager of hotel, see lot of high tides come in with the wind behind them from the hotel in the winter mornings

Teffy
17-02-2012, 20:35
I always like the coast better in the winter, it's more exciting.

whitevanwoman
17-02-2012, 21:15
Northumberland beaches are spectacular in stormy weather, spectacular in good weather too but in a different way!

Teffy
17-02-2012, 21:29
Northumberland beaches are spectacular in stormy weather, spectacular in good weather too but in a different way!

Haven't had the pleasure in the winter but yes, very beautiful area indeed.

oldish hippy
17-02-2012, 21:51
well i only 5 mins drive from the beach here and 3hours from cornwall be on the beach in devon in couple hours easily so realy spoil for choice can be on top of the mendips or quantocks in about hour or so then there bodmin moor and dartmoor and exmoor so got a lot of nice place withing short distance fro here prefer to be in cornwall in some back water away from the emmets do know some hidey holes where the grass grow up the middle of the road and is so narrow frightens a lot of people off going there lol

northernspirit2001
17-02-2012, 22:13
yes as a coach driver i know that fear well, thats why i could never have a motorhome too big to park in asda carpark! i have nightmares of driving a coach down the M5 and it gets narrower and narrower till its single track with grass in the middle between where the wheels run and hedgerow either side :angel:

oldish hippy
18-02-2012, 06:03
good morning one and all what difference a week make last sat -11 today plus something but hee ho thats life you all have a good day

Teffy
18-02-2012, 22:04
yes as a coach driver i know that fear well, thats why i could never have a motorhome too big to park in asda carpark! i have nightmares of driving a coach down the M5 and it gets narrower and narrower till its single track with grass in the middle between where the wheels run and hedgerow either side :angel:

I think my husband feels like you, he doesn't seem really to enjoy driving the motorhome. We used to drive down lots of those tiny little lanes in Scotland in the car but he never seems to fancy going to places like that in the motorhome! I've been amazed at the small roads we've met coaches on in the Highlands.

oldish hippy
19-02-2012, 05:02
love driving except my body doesnt love it quite happy to deive have driven fro here to sunderland to do a hours work ok had a few job lined up on the way back any way morning all it sunday about 6ish will find when i hit submit

oldish hippy
20-02-2012, 01:15
good morning well it is morning now been having some good morning up till now .not waking up till sensible hours ,well icall sensible hours but hey ho soon be xmas . Well it dark out there so it aint morning currys today for left handed kettle ,dont want a right handed one ,ambidextrous one dont mind ,well there a big word think i spelt right .or might be tesco for a £5 cheapy,they both do the same job ,but not as much fun as asking for left handed kettle in currys lol.

Teffy
20-02-2012, 20:40
Hope you were successful with your kettle hunt. One of my lads is left-handed and he always twiddles mine round. :D

oldish hippy
20-02-2012, 20:43
yes want a water measure on both side not just right hand side

cobra rob
20-02-2012, 20:51
yes want a water measure on both side not just right hand side

Do what they did years ago, pop the lid off and it dont matter what way its handed ;)

oldish hippy
20-02-2012, 22:02
just makes life easier for me and i in for a easy life have enough to put up with, thats living me myself and i lol am quiet easy going any more laid back i be comotose lol

oldish hippy
21-02-2012, 03:15
just got up was lying there thinking is thurs or tues day so had to get up to find out look out of window it definitely not thursday so it had to be tuesday knew it began with a t strange trick the mind plays anyway ho hum good morning one and all that awake so when do iexpect the dawn chorus we is awake. isee we got couloured spam again on the menulol.

whitevanwoman
21-02-2012, 09:04
"was lying there thinking is thurs or tues day so had to get up to find out look out of window it definitely not thursday so it had to be tuesday"

OH, your posts do make me chuckle alot, thanks for the laughs :raofl:

oldish hippy
21-02-2012, 11:59
still waiting for the question ,so who going to be brave enough to ask ,are you afraid it make you look stupid. lol

scampa
21-02-2012, 14:20
So how do you tell what day it is by looking out of your window?? :confused:

oldish hippy
21-02-2012, 14:46
well it bin day thursday and no dustbins in the road easy

Deleted user 21925
21-02-2012, 15:07
Thought you were going to say loads of people running round with frying pans tossing pancakes for Shrove Tuesday!

scampa
21-02-2012, 17:13
Thought you were going to say loads of people running round with frying pans tossing pancakes for Shrove Tuesday!

Drat... if someone had reminded me earlier I could've bought some flour to make pancakes! :(

Closest I could come up with was a nice omelette instead, so it'll have to be a Pancake Wednesday or Thursday for me. :tongue:

whitevanwoman
21-02-2012, 17:42
Drat... if someone had reminded me earlier I could've bought some flour to make pancakes! :(

Closest I could come up with was a nice omelette instead, so it'll have to be a Pancake Wednesday or Thursday for me. :tongue:

And me. I might have my first "White van pancake day" on Thursday or Friday. Except that mine'll be a packet mix, I don't do this flour and eggs business.

oldish hippy
21-02-2012, 18:06
flour eggs make a cake in your case a doorstop lol

whitevanwoman
21-02-2012, 18:22
flour eggs make a cake in your case a doorstop lol

More like make a mess. Cooking = washing up which I hate as much as cooking :mad2:

Teffy
21-02-2012, 19:56
Just made a big heap of pancakes for my husband, although he will put icecream on them. I'm a classic sugar and lemon traditionalist, myself.

oldish hippy
22-02-2012, 05:04
well no so much a early morning as yesterday but didnt settle till gone 3 so it still morning and i do know that it is ash wenesday THANKS to Robmac to told me it might have been tossers that told me it was tuesday yesterday, oops that dont read right ok here we go correction pancake tossers. it dark here and must remeber to put out rubbish today well find empty bin and dump my rubbish in as dont have rubbish bin normally use neighbors but there bin is full, so later it wil be hunt the bin with enough room for my rubbish.anyway good morning one and all.I think it a good morning well it is here it not raining so that a good start.hey ho here we go wenesday all day.

Deleted user 21925
22-02-2012, 06:22
I went out last night and ended up having a skinfull, So, I do not know what day it is today, all I know is its half past Octember.

scampa
22-02-2012, 19:39
Found that Morrisons were selling off their ready-made pancakes very very cheaply today, so I've stocked up for a late pancake day!!

They also have some lovely valentines cards at bargain prices, in case anyone forgot to send me one?? :heart::heart:

oldish hippy
22-02-2012, 21:19
join the club scamp a i did not get one time to put rubbish out quick streak down the road find a empty bin

oldish hippy
23-02-2012, 05:04
good morning yep it thursday today and i havent had to gues or look out of the window ok it dark out street light are on yep getting better at remembering what day odf the week it is well cause i not normally that bad apart from wierd dreams when i wake up and are not sure, i lnow fridays cause the pain is always up on friday i say always up it has beenn not too bad the last few fridays but not risking it.

Teffy
23-02-2012, 20:37
Hope you had a good Thursday. I'm always tired on Thursdays, even more than other days for some reason, so I went back to bed for a bit this morning. Then my friend turned up for a visit this afternoon so now I'm all behind hand with my work! Never mind, another day tomorrow :)

oldish hippy
24-02-2012, 08:08
well it nows tommorow and there always tommorow good morning it day light make a change for me to post on here in daylight

oldish hippy
24-02-2012, 16:35
just having a bad day all iwant to do is sleep feel so tired yet cant sleep been back to bed twice and not slept but hey ho tommorow another day

oldish hippy
25-02-2012, 00:55
still awake having bad day but never mind .just dont know what started it ,well let go through it had dentist that not to bad {she is pleasent enough and nice to go with it }ok had some bad news but nothing serious.so dont think it was that then came home and just felt wreckedtried going to sleep but then couldnt settleso had wander roundjust one of those day just cant figure out what put me in the mood i in but there are worse out there and at least i still walking and talking and brething that does help the last one lolwas told if iwrote it out my day it might help tried that but give upafter first paragraph and shredded it what a waste of paper ok idoing it here but not in detailit does help it make me think ther arre worse than me any way enough of my drivel let have wander through the internet and see what ican find to watch

oldish hippy
25-02-2012, 06:37
well had few hour so good morning one and all

Deleted user 21925
25-02-2012, 06:46
well had few hour so good morning one and all

I managed about 3 hours which isn't bad for me!

Good morning!

Rob

oldish hippy
26-02-2012, 03:53
[QUOTE=whitevanwoman;164356]Why am I awake at such a stupid time of day? (Rhetorical question).

Grrrrr..... :mad2

cut and paste save me having to look at what i typing

Teffy
26-02-2012, 21:03
cut and paste save me having to look at what i typing

Just cos you wake up early doesn't mean you get the day off, you know! Get those fingers going.
Hope you've had a good day. Mine was OK, finally got to take my sister-in-law her present, it was her birthday on Friday but things kind of went wrong then.

oldish hippy
26-02-2012, 21:43
The time itake to get going in the morning is stupid and not sleeping that well at moment .It take me five mins to do 4yard first thing in morning then womble into kitchen got old pc chair with back removed so scoot around on that doing breakfast .then in here put on pc it antique like me so take a few mins to fire up and has a problem.and has had a problem for few month but cant be ar"""""" to sort iout but it works .{will sort iout when it crashes }have breakfast then two ciggies and another cup of coffee dont have to move to make it got flask here try to stretch myself to ease into the day .W ell here is a laugh for those with a sick sense of humour ,get down on to floor and try and do sit up nothing fancy just flat on back and sit up ,one morning got down and just siezed up had to drag myself up on sofa after rolling across living room ,now knows what a seal feels like lol oh by the way good morning

Teffy
27-02-2012, 20:22
Hi OH
Hope you didn't get stuck on the floor again this morning. It's not funny really, is it, when you can't get up? I know cos I've done it. The worst I ever heard was an elderly lady who used to come to the clinic where I worked. She fell into her bath one morning while trying to clean the wall behind it and she couldn't get out. She banged and shouted all day but no-one came to investigate until about 7 in the evening. Fortunately she was clothed but she still had mild hypothermia and was quite ill, she had to spend the night in hospital. I'm always extra careful in the bathroom!

oldish hippy
27-02-2012, 20:45
just called myself all the names under the sun only done it once back not that bad at moment thanks to painkillers but does give me grief now and again but i not letting it stop me

Teffy
27-02-2012, 21:01
That's the way, don't let it stop you. If you stop, you might not start again, at least that's what I'm always afraid of.

oldish hippy
29-02-2012, 00:53
Oldish Hippy's Who's awake thread is the same. I think it's quite nice. But it's good to have fresh blood, so to speak. wvw

thanks for that i have learnt how not to get up early got to bed late but am hanging here tryto keep my self awake lol but hey ho taking the van for service tommorow only down the road from me 20 odd miles but havent got to bbe till 11 well it nearly a year since igot eeyore been to cornwal stone henge devon dorset think ihave to venture north sometime that will be different but still prefer cornwall ,look like like igot a following on here thought i better post something today like whos awake? i am

oldish hippy
29-02-2012, 05:13
welll that worked up but not so early

whitevanwoman
29-02-2012, 08:21
I've been sleeping in the past couple of mornings, still tired from our weekend's adventure. Little Miss Late strikes again...

n brown
29-02-2012, 08:30
morning oldie shippy ta for the help with linking,almost got it

oldish hippy
29-02-2012, 14:06
not a problem willing to help if people listen and dont moind finding out the answer if not sure got the time on my hands and decent internet connection

oldish hippy
01-03-2012, 06:48
just like a autaum morn out the full of mist and mellow fruitfullnees and the sound of the recycling wagon clinking down the street good morning all

whitevanwoman
01-03-2012, 08:17
Little Miss Late strikes again... I don't know if I'm coming or going this week, so busy, and still not unpacked after trip away at the weekend, trying to catch up with backlog of emails, paperwork, housework etc. And I feel like I could sleep for a week. Have been sleeping well but it feels like I've hardly slept at all. But I mustn't complain, it's all good...

oldish hippy
01-03-2012, 10:01
theres always tommorow

Teffy
01-03-2012, 19:52
just like a autaum morn out the full of mist and mellow fruitfullnees and the sound of the recycling wagon clinking down the street good morning all

It was our recycling day today as well, good job Keith remembered cos I can't lift the box. We had brilliant sunshine first thing, lasted till after lunch! It's getting so much lighter in the mornings now, makes it easier to get up and get going!

oldish hippy
01-03-2012, 20:40
it was foggy here this morning or as some say misty and the recycle lorry come once a fortnight they throw stuff in so you here glass breaking tins clanking and them throwing the boxes back down

whitevanwoman
01-03-2012, 23:43
it was foggy here this morning or as some say misty and the recycle lorry come once a fortnight they throw stuff in so you here glass breaking tins clanking and them throwing the boxes back down

Foggy here too most of the day, not nice on the motorway over Shap.

We don't get a recycling collection, too far from town apparently. But there is a small recycling point in the village in aid of the village school so I take mine there and get great pleasure and stress relief from hurling my glass jars into the glass bins, especially if I think of whoever has pee'd me off whilst doing it!

bobowas007
01-03-2012, 23:53
Who is awake at this time of the morning.trying to figure out who is about wether it just me and the milkmen and posties but they probaly still on holidays i could go to beach and make sandcastles need some sand if it going to snow to grit the driveway

I am at avon truck park

kimbowbill
02-03-2012, 00:02
I cant sleep, nowt on tv, nowt on radio, dogs snoring, pfft, how boring,

Firefox
02-03-2012, 00:50
Is there ever much on TV :lol-053: I just can't sleep today. Got to get off at 7.30 for a meeting in London tomorrow too! I think I'm going to take the van and go to stealth camp in Stevenage, I can get a fast train from there.

Deleted user 21925
02-03-2012, 04:00
Went to bed at 1 been up since 3.30. Bugger all on TV gives me a chance to catch up on latest posts though!

Deleted user 21925
02-03-2012, 05:56
Because I've been up all night, I've made a lot of posts, I hope people do not think that I am just trying to get my 'posts per day' in my profile statistics up!

Deleted user 21925
02-03-2012, 05:57
Because I've been up all night, I've made a lot of posts, I hope people do not think that I am just trying to get my 'posts per day' in my profile statistics up

Deleted user 21925
02-03-2012, 05:59
Coz I've been up all night, I've made a lot of posts, I hope people do not think that I am just trying to get my 'posts per day' in my profile statistics up!

oldish hippy
02-03-2012, 08:11
dont worry did nott got bed til about 5/35 hav done loads of posts before now anyone know the termonligy for a pc that is refusing to load if you watching it think igot a shy pc tried three or four time to get it fired up then when went to loo it worked strange think it must be female

whitevanwoman
02-03-2012, 09:31
Coz I've been up all night, I've made a lot of posts, I hope people do not think that I am just trying to get my 'posts per day' in my profile statistics up!

They will if you keep on posting the same post 3 times :lol-053:

Have you been on a night shift or couldn't you sleep?

whitevanwoman
02-03-2012, 09:42
Wow! Was it a full moon or something last night? A friend on FB said that she couldn't sleep too.

Sorry to say, but I was out like a light about 1am and slept like a log till about 10 mins ago. Much needed after a busy week. My weekend starts today :D I would like to get away this weekend, even if only for 1 night but I've got loads to do and my bank balance is looking a bit sad :sad:

But that does mean that if I get on with my paperwork and housework today then I can spend Sat and Sun working on the Tranny, getting a second layer of insulation done, and a few other jobs which I realised I need to do as a result of using it last weekend. Slowly but surely its beginning to transform into a "live-in" van.

Hope you're all not too tired today.

Deleted user 21925
02-03-2012, 10:27
They will if you keep on posting the same post 3 times :lol-053:

Have you been on a night shift or couldn't you sleep?

Notice I changed the post slightly each time so the thread wouldn't reject a duplicate post!

No not a shift worker, just insomniac.

Rubbertramp
02-03-2012, 16:42

Try this thread..... http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/general-chat/16722-groundhog-day.html

Try this thread..... http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/general-chat/16722-groundhog-day.html

oldish hippy
02-03-2012, 21:34
hi teffy you ok you normally about this time of night or maybe a bit earlier and normally post some comment on here or somewhere mind u wvw has been quite today so do iget early night and have early morning or do ihave a late night and have a sensebile early morning senseible anytime affter 6am mind you back whinging tonite,so look like i going to have a fight with the duvet as long as i win dont care about me,myself.

ok forget it teffy went back to forum and you had posted still was concerned

Teffy
02-03-2012, 22:10
Hi OH
Yes, I'm fine. For a change was watching a thriller on tv and only looking at the forum while the adverts were on, so I didn't get to your thread for a while. Wasn't so good this morning, had to go back to bed after my husband went to work and then had a quiet day but felt better by the time he got home again. Hope you've had a good day.

bobowas007
03-03-2012, 01:45

I am

oldish hippy
03-03-2012, 06:00
iwasnt was in bed having a fight with the duvet sorry to hear you not brill teffy but chin put on your wellies and wade through it like some one once saifd to me it like swimming in treacle trying to get nhs to decide then when they do ninety per cent of the time they get it right and do a good job so waiting to jump on the roundabout but it aint stopping at the moment

whitevanwoman
03-03-2012, 08:03
Morning OH, I've been quiet because I've been really busy this week, and for a pleasant change, I've been sleeping well, going to bed much earlier (normally it's after 2am, this week it's been about midnight, or just after) and sleeping a good 8+ hours.

I was thinking about going away overnight this weekend in the BWV but its another grey miserable damp day here and the forecast for tomorrow is the same and anyway I still have a load of paperwork to get through and although I made a good start on the housework yesterday, there's still plenty more that needs doing. And having used the van last weekend, I've got a list of jobs to do before using it again - the more I use it, the more I'm finding out what I need to do, where I want storage, seats etc. So a busy weekend for me I think.

Hope you're ok today, you got any plans for the weekend?

oldish hippy
03-03-2012, 08:33
nothing planned at moment just sat here wondering what to do today probaly wont do a lot back whinging a little but hey ho that ;life get on with it sunny here at moment glad to hear that you ok keeping yourself busy that half the battle

Teffy
03-03-2012, 19:57
Hello O.H.
Thought I'd better start with your thread today. It was so sweet of you to miss me,that made me really happy. Sorry to hear your back is still complaining, I had a better day but still very tired. :sleep-027: It is so frustrating, I love doing my garden and this week there has been quite a lot of nice weather. I feel as if I've just totally wasted it all. By the time I've done the work that has to be done, there's no time or energy left for gardening. Still, there are plenty of people a lot worse off than me and at least I don't have a bad back. Keep smiling! :)

oldish hippy
03-03-2012, 20:00
just that you notice the regulars on the forum and do notice when they are not about ok it a wild camping forum realise peeps do go away but they normally post that they are away so do show some concern for those who tend to post on reguular basis and on here

kimbowbill
04-03-2012, 06:15
well i went to bed at 2.30 am and was wide awake at 5.30, whats all that about then, i'm going to finish of painting my kitchen then off to Castleton,

n brown
04-03-2012, 06:23
pretty much the same here,not complaining as i'm living longer in a way.i wonder if i'm too nosy to sleep

Deleted user 21925
04-03-2012, 06:32
Yup, only managed 3 hours despite loads of alcohol, I'll have to try harder today!

kimbowbill
04-03-2012, 06:32
pretty much the same here,not complaining as i'm living longer in a way.i wonder if i'm too nosy to sleep

thats a good way of looking at it, perhaps i'm too nosey too, lol, have a good day

oldish hippy
04-03-2012, 07:39
up early, out early, home early, whats next and it only 1/4 to 9

whitevanwoman
04-03-2012, 09:05
I've no idea what's changed over the past week (although it's interesting that it is since I went away for a few days in the Tranny) but I've been sleeping really well all week, average 8hrs, and my usual problem of not feeling tired enough to go to bed until 2am or 3am seems to have cured itself, I've been in bed around midnight, reading for a short while and then going straight to sleep, and waking naturally without my usual 3 alarms about 8am / 8.15am.

Maybe a few nights in the Tranny has cured years of sleeping problems!!! :wacko:

Or maybe it's just because it feels like Spring is on the way :wacko:

After a constructive afternoon in the Tranny yesterday laying 2 layers of sleeping mat on the floor, today I'm off to Homebase for a last roll of silver bubble wrap to finish the roof insulation (although there's still a pile of paperwork to do and the house is still a mess!).

Hope you all have a good day

oldish hippy
04-03-2012, 09:16
coould be less stressed and just doing what you want to do not what has to be done that can always wait till tommorow

Teffy
04-03-2012, 21:21
Well I woke up late this morning, looked out and saw sleet falling, so went back to bed and got up
Very Late Indeed!:D Where has the nice weather gone?

kimbowbill
05-03-2012, 07:05
Its waiting for my van to be back on t'road, :dance:

oldish hippy
05-03-2012, 07:08
got up early had sooak in tub done some houswork no w done in thinking about goin for lie down

n brown
05-03-2012, 07:25
nothing like a well earnt lie down after a hard morning.i might join you [in spirit]

whitevanwoman
05-03-2012, 09:33
Well I woke up late this morning, looked out and saw sleet falling, so went back to bed and got up
Very Late Indeed!:D Where has the nice weather gone?

It's here in Cumbria :wacko: it's a lovely day here (though like you, miserable yesterday) though quite nippy.

oldish hippy
05-03-2012, 18:05
not having /had good day just feel realy down at moment and cant get warm but never mind weather not been that bad here today

whitevanwoman
05-03-2012, 19:35
not having /had good day just feel realy down at moment and cant get warm but never mind weather not been that bad here today

((((( :heart: ))))) here's a virtual hug

Teffy
05-03-2012, 19:56

Oh cheer up love! What are you doing to get warm - cuddle up in your duvet? Have a nice warm drink - hot chocolate? oxo? Depends what you like. I always cuddle my little fat dog if I'm cold, he's always very warm. The greyhound would like to cuddle too but she's too big really, except for when we all pile on to the bed together. Hope you feel better soon.

Glad to hear about the nice weather in Cumbria, WVW. It was nice here but I had a lot of typing to do plus a huge pile of ironing that never got done at the weekend so I hadn't time to play out.

oldish hippy
05-03-2012, 20:24
thanks for thatt teffy and wvw am wrapped up warm it must be up to how i feeling cant get warm just feel cold

whitevanwoman
05-03-2012, 21:00
It's cold here tonight, really clear after a lovely day, and it's frosty already.

I always find a hot bath is the best way to warm up, with a cup of hot chocolate afterwards. And microwave slippers :D Hope you sleep well and feel better tomorrow OH.

runnach
05-03-2012, 21:05
Working on me laptop, preparing for EV visit tomorrow, youtube window open, here too, flicking between both to keep me sane...............into Wolfstone mode on da tube at the mo :banana:

Holasuki
05-03-2012, 21:19
¡hola!
It's on these cold, clear nights that we get a good vista of our neighbours in the dark beyond.
If you can drag yourself into a warm coat and boots with double sockage, and arm yourself with a hot brew, spend a few minutes outside and look at our nearest neighbour, Mars. It is so red at the moment, you can spot it straight away in the south. Over in the west, Jupiter and Uranus (whose?) are still really bright and should bring a little spot of awe in to your chest on a night like this.
Suki:bow:

whitevanwoman
05-03-2012, 21:30
I've just driven over Shap on M6 and saw a beautiful starry sky, I saw Jupiter and Uranus in the West, both really bright but didn't see Mars and now that I'm home, the fells are in the way. It's a really lovely clear sky but too chilly to linger for long outside admiring the view, cup of hot choc on the way now :tongue:

oldish hippy
05-03-2012, 21:45
realy good veiw fron here one way sign and street light

scampa
05-03-2012, 22:43
¡hola!
It's on these cold, clear nights that we get a good vista of our neighbours in the dark beyond.
If you can drag yourself into a warm coat and boots with double sockage, and arm yourself with a hot brew, spend a few minutes outside and look at our nearest neighbour, Mars. It is so red at the moment, you can spot it straight away in the south. Over in the west, Jupiter and Uranus (whose?) are still really bright and should bring a little spot of awe in to your chest on a night like this.
Suki:bow:

Thanks for that info Suki. I've noticed Jupiter and Uranus in the west for quite some time, but I hadn't realized that Mars was visible too! The skies are crystal clear so I've just spent half an hour outside viewing all three of them. Now I need to thaw myself out again! :wacko:

I always find a hot bath is the best way to warm up, with a cup of hot chocolate afterwards. And microwave slippers :D

I don't have any hot chocolate to warm me up, so it'll have to be rum! :cheers:

And I've never tried microwave slippers, but I'd guess they taste like kippers?? :tongue:

whitevanwoman
05-03-2012, 23:16
And I've never tried microwave slippers, but I'd guess they taste like kippers?? :tongue:

Depends how often you wash your feet :raofl:

oldish hippy
05-03-2012, 23:26
prefer kippers to slippers less chewy just cant settle tonite tried reading cant concetratebeen long day look like be even longer nite tired yes but just not in good frame of mind just dont know what triggered it feel like c*** havent done anything i dont normally do havent had any sad or bad news just one of those days wwell ihope it is one of those day not weeks well i not going there so just leave it at days

whitevanwoman
06-03-2012, 00:12
prefer kippers to slippers less chewy just cant settle tonite tried reading cant concetratebeen long day look like be even longer nite tired yes but just not in good frame of mind just dont know what triggered it feel like c*** havent done anything i dont normally do havent had any sad or bad news just one of those days wwell ihope it is one of those day not weeks well i not going there so just leave it at days

In the hope that a joke might cheer you up, here's the only one I can remember....

Where do you find a tortoise with no legs?

oldish hippy
06-03-2012, 00:15
the same place as you left him unless he turned turtle and rolled away

whitevanwoman
06-03-2012, 00:17
the same place as you left him unless he turned turtle and rolled away

:mad1: damn, bugger, blast it, that was my best joke

Now I'll have to try to think of another one

whitevanwoman
06-03-2012, 00:22
Teacher: Who knows what a hippie is?
Pupil: It's something that holds your leggy on.

:lol-049: :lol-049: :lol-049:

oldish hippy
06-03-2012, 00:23
well isat here rolling a ciggie wait for the next best one like the two oranges that stopped because they ran out of juice

whitevanwoman
06-03-2012, 00:27
What do you call a hippy's wife?

oldish hippy
06-03-2012, 00:28
dont know as i dont have one

whitevanwoman
06-03-2012, 00:29
Mississippi :lol-049: :lol-049: :lol-049:

oldish hippy
06-03-2012, 00:33
that wasnt to bad could think of worse things just sat here staring into space hugging hot water bottle and trying to persuade myself to try and get some sleep but already been there once so just curled on sofa with pda linked to pc

whitevanwoman
06-03-2012, 00:37
I'm off to bed now but if you want something to read to pass the time, have a look at this...

How a bear became a pig | Memoirs of a mongrel (http://memoirsofamongrel.wordpress.com/2011/12/05/how-a-bear-became-a-pig/)

Hope you get back to sleep

oldish hippy
06-03-2012, 00:40
[I][/ok night then sleep well thanks for being here

whitevanwoman
06-03-2012, 00:44
You're welcome. I'd stay longer but I need to be up early-ish tomorrow. :wave:

oldish hippy
06-03-2012, 00:54
you go and get to sleep you have a more busy day than me tommorow just thankyou ok go now waited a while before i posted to give you a chance to go then you wil be reading this in a few hours time and it might be day light by the time you read this

oldish hippy
06-03-2012, 04:54
well managed a few hours of fighting the duvet good morning every one

Teffy
06-03-2012, 20:57
Glad you got a little bit of rest, better than nothing. Don't fight the poor duvet, it's your best friend! Cuddle it instead! I hope you had a more cheerful day, I'd try to cheer you up telling you about mine but it was not nice at all. I had a hospital appointment and I so hate going to the hospital. He's a nice consultant but I don't want to see him and I don't want to be there at all. The only thing I liked was a funny little baby in the waiting room, he was so cute. He kept setting off and crawling away at top speed with a really determined look on his face.

Teffy
07-03-2012, 20:16
No OH today? Did that duvet fight back? Attack of the killer duvet? I hope you're all right. it's my turn to miss you.
Might be going away for a day or two, depending how I'm feeling in the morning and what the weather does. So if I'm not on here tomorrow, that's why. Don't talk about me behind my back! ;)

whitevanwoman
07-03-2012, 21:11
I've had a busy couple of days, not had a chance to post much and shouldn't really be here now, I should be doing my homework for my course tomorrow morning, but I'm waiting for inspiration to hit me.... :hammer:

It's not like OH to be quiet for so long, I hope he's ok, and not feeling too low. Otherwise I'll have to try to find some more jokes :danger:

Teffy
07-03-2012, 21:24
It's not like OH to be quiet for so long, I hope he's ok, and not feeling too low. Otherwise I'll have to try to find some more jokes :danger:

That would be good! Don't work too hard. :)

scampa
07-03-2012, 21:43
Hopefully Hippy is just catching up on some much-needed sleep that he's been missing out on lately. Maybe he'll make a re-appearance in the early hours as usual?

whitevanwoman
07-03-2012, 22:09
Given up with the homework, I'll say that the dog ate it ;)

Just in case OH is on later and needs something to cheer him up...

Q: How do you get 12 hippies into a VW Beetle?

A: You throw in a joint.

Q: How do you get the 12 hippies out?

A:You throw in a bar of soap.

:raofl:

Firefox
07-03-2012, 22:37
Which reminds me, how do you get one senior manager and 100 junior managers in a small car?

A. Just put the senior manager in the driver's seat and all the others simply crawl up his arse :lol-053:

I have heard it told with an "admin and 100 forum mods" but I wouldn't be so bold. Since we don't have any forum mods, probably safe to mention!

freelander
08-03-2012, 00:22
Still awake and not ready for bed. Mind in turmoil, using motorhome is the only relaxion that will have any positive effect in controling the sub conscious mind! On that subject always wild camp alone, anyone interested in a weekend meet in South Wales. Often see threads for northen meets but nobody suggested anything in this area before!

Firefox
08-03-2012, 00:38
We had a meet in the Forest of Dean last year.

There are probably more Northern members, but a fair few Southern ones too... we had a meet at Stonehenge recently and got about 30 vans - probably too many in hindsight but the venue was more than large enough!

freelander
08-03-2012, 01:36
yea I noticed that meets in the north are often mentioned. Thought about joining Stone Henge but it was still a fair distance especially with fuel prices today. Hope that the fuel protest in London today has been of some benefit! However I doubt it it will remain to be seen in the forthcoming budget.

Firefox
08-03-2012, 01:50
Stonehenge was 250 mile round trip for me as I live in the East.

I doubt fuel protests will make much difference. They can't afford to cut any duty but it may persuade them putting the max on this year.

oldish hippy
08-03-2012, 06:57
thanks for the post i ok i get through it just had bad headache and was not keeping owt down so just couldnt see screen straight,stil got bad head but a ltlle brighter so dont worry there is worse than me ,

whitevanwoman
08-03-2012, 08:06
Hope you're feeling better and drinking plenty of fluids. Good to hear from you.

whitevanwoman
08-03-2012, 08:10
I doubt fuel protests will make much difference. They can't afford to cut any duty but it may persuade them putting the max on this year.

Off topic but maybe a discussion for a new thread....

Surely if they were to cut fuel duty, that would result in increased demand and therefore higher duty due to higher volume of sales? As the price of fuel increases, I'm guessing that people must be restricting their driving more and more to essential driving only but a cut in duty would encourage them to spend more on fuel for non-essential journeys, ie leisure activities.

n brown
08-03-2012, 08:44
oh no no no,this would only result in hordes of poor people clogging up the roads making life hell for us rich. if this was to happen i may have to reconsider the advantages of being fabulously wealthy.

n brown
08-03-2012, 08:47
ps.,glad our shippy's feeling a bit better,time he had another outing

Rubbertramp
08-03-2012, 09:00

Surely if they were to cut fuel duty, that would result in increased demand and therefore higher duty due to higher volume of sales? As the price of fuel increases, I'm guessing that people must be restricting their driving more and more to essential driving only but a cut in duty would encourage them to spend more on fuel for non-essential journeys, ie leisure activities.

I used precisely this argument.... among others.... when organising fuel protests and lobbying the Government, "sympathetic MP's" and treasury officers this time last year. Another argument was the proposal to drastically cut fuel duty but recoup these losses by increasing the duty on off-licence and supermarket alcohol sales.
When I even got a reply to the deluge of correspondence I sent to MP's, Gov't departments etc all I got was flannel and official blurb ....mostly saying how marvellous they were that they were going to forego the coming increase in duty and crap about the discount scheme in remote areas (OK if you lived in the Isles of scilly or the Highlands and Islands)......whatever happened to that bright idea then?
Our protests were simple, legal and aimed to cause disruption and generate more interest. I organised protests in six locations throughout the UK getting myself onto local radio at peak times in those areas (drivetime, breakfast shows etc).....I assume I that reached an audience of thousands. The attendance at our demos was pathetic....fifteen vehicles was the highest of the Newquay protests.....twelve in Peterborough ....five in Gloucester. That said it all to me....The great British public are too frightened/lazy/apathetic to stand up and say "Enough". We are being squeezed and screwed over very subtley....we are too comfortable....or just comfortable enough....just like the boiling frog metaphor in Daniel Quin's "The story of B"
It's funny how convenient it is for government or whoever else is in control to keep the masses drunk on cheap alcohol while making it increasingly difficult to travel to work and think for themselves when a cheap and simple solution is staring them in the face
Wasn't there a similar situation in the Native American reservations and Aboriginal communities in Australia?

whitevanwoman
08-03-2012, 09:17
Good for you for trying to do something, sadly I agree that many will complain but few will be prepared to put their neck on the line or make an effort to support you.

I do alot of campaigning on a different issue, often at financial cost to myself, and certainly at huge time and effort cost to myself and sometimes I get very disillusioned and it seems so pointless when faced with hostility and apathy, but I can at least know that although I haven't changed the system, I've added my voice to those of others, and at some point all those voices might be able to shout loud enough to be heard.

kangooroo
08-03-2012, 09:26
On that subject always wild camp alone, anyone interested in a weekend meet in South Wales. Often see threads for northen meets but nobody suggested anything in this area before!

Definitely interested in south Wales. Whereabouts did you have in mind?

Rubbertramp
08-03-2012, 09:32
Good for you for trying to do something, sadly I agree that many will complain but few will be prepared to put their neck on the line or make an effort to support you.

I do alot of campaigning on a different issue, often at financial cost to myself, and certainly at huge time and effort cost to myself and sometimes I get very disillusioned and it seems so pointless when faced with hostility and apathy, but I can at least know that although I haven't changed the system, I've added my voice to those of others, and at some point all those voices might be able to shout loud enough to be heard.

Well said! and I feel the same way....but no-one was being asked to put their necks on the line...or even their driving licences.
All that was required at these demos was that you turned up to a pre-arranged petrol station and filled with the minimum amount of fuel permitted (usually 2 litres), pay at the kiosk, drive away then return to the queue and to repeat this process until you'd filled your tank or spent your required amount....All this was legal and very easy to do. You would need the fuel anyway so the only inconvenience was the extra time taken to get it.
I was staggered and amazed at some of the excuses for not participating that I heard.

whitevanwoman
08-03-2012, 09:58
:lol-053: That reminds me of when I was a student with my first car, Prudence the 2CV - that's exactly what I used to do, except that in those days it only took about a tenner to fill the tank so the minimum fill was probably about a pound, and I could drive for a week on that. The petrol gauge didn't work so I had to do maths every time I filled up to work out exactly how many miles I could drive before having to fill up again, most of the time I got the maths right but I always carried a full spare petrol can which was used regularly!

I guess it would probably take people a good half day or more to fill up a modern tank by minimum fill these days, and I suppose for a lot of working people, that is a big ask. To be honest, i would struggle to fit that in and I work from home, not full time and don't have a family to think about. And there is strength in numbers so if the petrol station is swamped with protesters, you feel less inhibited to join in but if there's only a few people doing it, it's very difficult to face up to making yourself unpopular.

I would have probably joined in and at least done a few minimum fill ups even if I didn't fill the whole tank (the Tranny would take about 50 fill ups to fill) but I didn't know anything about it. But I would have been more reticent to protest at my local fuel station, and would prefer to target one I didn't use. Unfortunately alot of rural independent fuel stations, out of necessity, have to charge a higher price in order to survive, as they don't get the volume of traffic through and have to compete with supermarkets etc. But for the rural consumer, they are essential and it can sometimes be cheaper to fill locally at a higher price than to drive further for a cheaper price.

whitevanwoman
08-03-2012, 10:00
To OH

Sorry for hijacking your thread but at least you've got something to read when you feel better ;)

Rubbertramp
08-03-2012, 10:06
:lol-053:

I guess it would probably take people a good half day or more to fill up a modern tank by minimum fill these days, and I suppose for a lot of working people, that is a big ask. To be honest, i would struggle to fit that in and I work from home, not full time and don't have a family to think about. And there is strength in numbers so if the petrol station is swamped with protesters, you feel less inhibited to join in but if there's only a few people doing it, it's very difficult to face up to making yourself unpopular.

I would have probably joined in and at least done a few minimum fill ups even if I didn't fill the whole tank (the Tranny would take about 50 fill ups to fill) but I didn't know anything about it. But I would have been more reticent to protest at my local fuel station, and would prefer to target one I didn't use. Unfortunately alot of rural independent fuel stations, out of necessity, have to charge a higher price in order to survive, as they don't get the volume of traffic through and have to compete with supermarkets etc. But for the rural consumer, they are essential and it can sometimes be cheaper to fill locally at a higher price than to drive further for a cheaper price.

Q.E.D My friend! :)

Deleted user 21925
08-03-2012, 15:36

But this is what they don't want, (increased demand) they want everybody to use public transport, and the Govt to make as much duty as possible on smaller amounts sold whilst appearing to be green. At the end of the day they just want your money and they know that we will moan, but they are arrogant enough to ignore it.

oldish hippy
08-03-2012, 17:03
yep some of us rely more on cars now than we did when we where younger age comes into it but fuel prices go up but when they drop will other prices drop inline with the fuel price drop.i genrerally put ten pounds in ,unless I planning on going some where then get the sat nav out and check for nearest tesco, asda, and work out fuel stops so i carry not the min to get there but not a excesive amount,so use less fuel as not carrying the wieght.It makes a difference when i had my diesel mpv it was so much diesel and so much veg filled up here.then launceston tescos then on in to cornwall .worked out i would save on average 2gallons of fuel doing the run from here to truro and back

oldish hippy
09-03-2012, 05:01
any way not fussed if this topic get hi jacked or not as least peeps are talking {well you all know what i mean } so goodmorning from dark or is it light just waiting for the dark to be turned off well no raindrops on window so assume it dry but could have ten feet of snow well 15 feet then it be visible above the window and i could tell you it had snowed hope teffy your having a nice time wvw is still in land of nod wait for the panick when she oversleeps ,just dont panick it will may you even later .RT somwhere, i am feeling a little better thanks to all 4 concern

Firefox
09-03-2012, 05:03
Hey, glad to hear you are feeling a little better! It is still dark here. Been working through the night to finish off some stuff. Taking two days off in this place is impossible!

oldish hippy
09-03-2012, 06:35
thanks for that firefox i knew that feeling when i was working

Teffy
09-03-2012, 21:20
Hi OH!
Glad to hear you got over your poorly and everyone had lots to talk about.
Came back this evening, we were going to stay another night but it was so extremely windy the van was shaking all the time and making our heads ache and we worried we might end up in the sea. Went to a gorgeous little place called Boulmer on the Northumberland coast that I'd seen recommended on here. Free car park next to a lovely beach, no problems about over-nighting. The dogs loved it. Loads of interesting birds to watch, waders, gulls and ducks. Nice take away fish and chips from the pub. Shame it decided to blow a gale. We'll definitely be going back another time.

oldish hippy
09-03-2012, 21:33
see it the northeners who are softies not us southerners lol sounds like you had a nice time .just came here to post my thoughts on a post that i read on here .yes iam niot working yes i want to work . No way ican afford a new van ,have to make do and mend ,would like a better van but got what icould afford to run ,tax ,insureance, maintenance, ok ineed some work doing on my van but will get it done when i can afford someone to do what iwant ok it wil be done one piece at a time, I DONT WANT CHARITY OR WILL I ACCEPT IT, YES I USE FREECYCLE but to me that is not charity i upgrade what i have here the freecycle my old one

sorry about this post just felt i had to say something

kimbowbill
09-03-2012, 23:00
here we go again, nodded off about 7 ish tonght, had a power nap, now i'm twiddling mi thumbs, what to do, suppose everyone here is gunna sleep, dogs av had enough ov me, all mi family are in bed, i'm bored, got a bottle of wine, singing to me from fridge, am avin that, two glasses and al be out :tongue:

kimbowbill
10-03-2012, 05:02
Still here, not even slept :rolleyes2:

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS