PDA

View Full Version : ADAC breakdown cover

anjer
31-12-2011, 22:00
Happy New Year everyone - Well nearly.
So for my first post can i ask for some info on ADAC. I have emailed them and got all the details in English---except one. Does anyone know if it covers Homestart i.e you have a motorhome problem at your home address. All the rest of the cover seems good and it will cover my M/H and car so I won't need to buy separate RAC cover. I particularly like the cover in Europe since I will soon retire and intend to see a lot of distant parts.

Thanks
Anthony

One hour to go

oTTo
01-01-2012, 16:50
Hi,
I am German and an ADAC member.
In Germany Home Start is covered. The ADAC partner organisation in GB is the AA. If the AA is covering Home start it should work also for ADAC members -
if not ??? I would suggest to ask AA.

Regard

oTTo

cooljules
01-01-2012, 17:47
Hi,
I am German and an ADAC member.
In Germany Home Start is covered. The ADAC partner organisation in GB is the AA. If the AA is covering Home start it should work also for ADAC members -
if not ??? I would suggest to ask AA.

Regard

oTTo

Aber the AA dont really know (but yes they should check but im sure its ok). i used the ADAC until 2 years ago, i used them when i was in Dresden but never had to call them while here, for them to send AA. but the prices are better than only AA here (or was, i know the pound to Eu is bad now)

Luckheart
01-01-2012, 22:39
Phone them, I got confused about a method of payment, and called them. I started with a "sprechen Sie Englisch bitte", and they always have reverted to English or got a colleague that could help.

Legend has it that the biggest problem with ADAC is leaving them. They seem to continue covering and billing you for months after your sub is up.

robjk
01-01-2012, 22:50
Phone them, I got confused about a method of payment, and called them. I started with a "sprechen Sie Englisch bitte", and they always have reverted to English or got a colleague that could help.

Legend has it that the biggest problem with ADAC is leaving them. They seem to continue covering and billing you for months after your sub is up.

Hi I am not in the ADAC but I have read something that in Germany it is common practice to give 3 months written notice on any contract termination.

Rob

oldpolicehouse
02-01-2012, 08:08
Hello.

I too am interested in taking out breakdown cover with ADAC. I have read some good reviews and most of my motorhome use is in mainland Europe.
I seem to remember reading somewhere you needed an address in Germany. Is this not the case ?
Also is it the vehicle that is covered ( ie anyone driving) or the policyholder only ?
Also what's the current cost ?

Blue Skies

cooljules
02-01-2012, 09:21
Hello.

I too am interested in taking out breakdown cover with ADAC. I have read some good reviews and most of my motorhome use is in mainland Europe.
I seem to remember reading somewhere you needed an address in Germany. Is this not the case ?
Also is it the vehicle that is covered ( ie anyone driving) or the policyholder only ?
Also what's the current cost ?

Blue Skies

no you can have a address here and they send you a mag each month, Die Welt. check out the website for prices, they have different packages, i had the one for crips, as i mainly joined as if i got a flat tyre, im unable to change it myself

fairytooth
02-01-2012, 14:00
I've been a member in UK for a few years now. Fortunately I've never needed a call out but I believe homestart is covered.

They come very highly recommended

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS