PDA

View Full Version : March/April meet

kimbowbill
06-01-2012, 19:26
hows about a March April meet somewhere, where do you think?

please now follow this thread here;

http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/wild-camping-meets-gatherings/16298-buxworth-20th-april-2012-meet.html

herbenny
06-01-2012, 19:30
YAYYYYYYYY ........;).......WE DO :banana:

Jac:wave:

kimbowbill
06-01-2012, 19:31
I would love to come BD but its too far for me for a weekend, such a shame cos it sounds like you have a great time, i'm hoping to get down for a week in July, so you'd best be around

grath
06-01-2012, 19:34
Thanks Jen
Opening meet for the season.:wacko: May I suggest somewhere in the middle if you want the numbers, alternatively have two meets, one up north and one down south.

kimbowbill
06-01-2012, 19:39
Thanks Jen
Opening meet for the season.:wacko: May I suggest somewhere in the middle if you want the numbers, alternatively have two meets, one up north and one down south.

Great minds, i was just about to split this thread, one for North one for South lol, but then i thought, what about East n West, lol, OMG, sing the song together, there maybe trouble ahead dum de dum lol

grath
06-01-2012, 19:41
Great minds, i was just about to split this thread, one for North one for South lol, but then i thought, what about East n West, lol, OMG, sing the song together, there maybe trouble ahead dum de dum lol

Funny, I was thinking the same thing, then I thought that if in the middle between east and west it is not too far for anybody.
It's the north south that is the problem (I think) (too much thinking):sad::scared:

grath
06-01-2012, 19:46
Typical I can get too Alicante in 30 hours and here we are living on a poxy little island and we have to create a North South divide ?????? Man up you bunch of woosies ! Lol

But like us when you go down there you don't just go for a couple of days in stupendous traffic.

kimbowbill
06-01-2012, 19:47
Funny, I was thinking the same thing, then I thought that if in the middle between east and west it is not too far for anybody.
It's the north south that is the problem (I think) (too much thinking):sad::scared:

well i cant organise meets for all corners of the country, brewary and piss up springs to mind here lol

grath
06-01-2012, 19:52
Not been negative bit I think first a decision needs to be taken as to if a 6 camp site is to be used or a free pub car park and this depends on numbers. The last time that I organized a meet folks were moaning at 5, this leads me to the conclusion that it must be a pub.
Very few will hold huge numbers. i don't know any.

Canalsman
06-01-2012, 19:54
Pub please - what's wrong with the suggestion of Milnthorpe? BIG car park, great views, walks ...

grath
06-01-2012, 19:54
Pub please - what's wrong with the suggestion of Milnthorpe? BIG car park, great views, walks ...

Where is Milnthorpe

Canalsman
06-01-2012, 19:59
The pub's here Milnthorpe, LA7 7HW, UK - Google Maps (http://tinyurl.com/6cw6qgg)

Whitevanwoman (Jess) says she's going to take a look ...

kimbowbill
06-01-2012, 20:00

yup, i'm up for that, but not in school hols plz, dont knwo dates of them but i know Shirley and Dave cant go then (DT dog) i can go anytime, well thats if i have a van

grath
06-01-2012, 20:00
The pub's here Milnthorpe, LA7 7HW, UK - Google Maps (http://tinyurl.com/6cw6qgg)

It's ok for me (Looks nice) but it will make it a 2 meet thing, north & south.
I wonder how Phil is doing with the possible meet in his area.
Any news Phil?

tillytom
06-01-2012, 20:01
We do too but you are right either in the middle or a horth and south meet

Ste
06-01-2012, 20:05
Thats The Ship @ Sandside, not Milnthorpe.

I can do most times after March 1st except last weekend, can do a northern or a scottish meet if not too far north.

grath
06-01-2012, 20:08
I still reckon vwalan's back yard.:lol-049:
Alan must be busy (or lost or stuck in a van) foraging through the trucks vans and motorcycles making room for the meet.
Hey Alan, I hope to meet you this year when we come down to see our relatives.

grath
06-01-2012, 20:09
I think Marizion ????? Lovely views

Nice location:wacko:
also a possible for me

kellyjohn
06-01-2012, 20:11
im up for another meet will keep eye on thread cheers all away in essex at moment housesitting

grath
06-01-2012, 20:13
Mind them Northeners will need a passport !!!!!
Emmits & Grockles:lol-053::lol-053:

whitevanwoman
06-01-2012, 20:35

I was thinking maybe this weekend but after one dry day with blue skies yesterday, it's back to the wind and rain that we've had for the past 2 weeks. Forecast isn't brill. But I've not got much on next week so if it improves, I'll have a drive over and get some photos and have a chat with the landlord.

I'll probably go to Ingleton for the Folk festival weekend in March (link posted towards the end of the other thread) if anyone wants to join me. Although instead of staying over at the quarry, I may try and find somewhere closer to the town centre at least for the first night so that i can have a beer.

I wouldn't think Milnthorpe will be too busy over Easter but it would be a shame not to see the DTDog family at a meet. Mind you, does that mean their van is empty and unused over the Easter weekend....? ;)

Firefox
06-01-2012, 20:51

It looks nice but I think something more central would be better to be fair to all members eg those from Devon/Cornwall/Kent etc. We've just had one meet in the North West

I would suggest Leicestershire/Warwickshire area.

lotty
06-01-2012, 21:05
I'm up for a meet :banana: (I agree tho not in school holidays)
I don't mind a pub or a field for a small charge (as long as the field/area is near a pub):cheers:

kimbowbill
06-01-2012, 21:06
I think i have to agree with Vern, its nice to include everone, i cant do france BD, i cant drive on the wrong side of the road,:scared: that is just so wrong lol:

lotty
06-01-2012, 21:07
Whats all this about fairness ????? If they choose to live in the rse end of nowhere ???? I heard france is only 22 miles from england so that seems to me to be close to everyone !!!!!!

:lol-053:

although a week or two in France sounds good too! ;)

solarman
06-01-2012, 21:10
it would be good if we can get a France meet up but we need to see how many can make it and how many can;t,France can always be a separate event,
Solarman.

lotty
06-01-2012, 21:10
I think i have to agree with Vern, its nice to include everone, i cant do france BD, i cant drive on the wrong side of the road,:scared: that is just so wrong lol:

ah go on Jen, a convoy of mad English with mad dogs on board could be a giggle! :scared::lol-053:

kimbowbill
06-01-2012, 21:13
ah go on Jen, a convoy of mad English with mad dogs on board could be a giggle! :scared::lol-053:

yeah it wud be fun but i'm a bit confused about the dog travel thingy, i've looked on that defra site and not being good a geography dint know if i wo comin or goin lol

solarman
06-01-2012, 21:16
yeah it wud be fun but i'm a bit confused about the dog travel thingy, i've looked on that defra site and not being good a geography dint know if i wo comin or goin lolthe dog travel thingy has been made easier now apparently,some of the requiements have been relaxed,
Solarman.

lotty
06-01-2012, 21:19
The French eat dogs ! Oh no it horses ! Well either is good for me !

well Henry is as big as a horse! :scared::lol-053::lol-053:

Jen, I'm a bit worried about going to France with the dog too but would be a lot easier if a couple of us travelled together i guess? Neil's pushing for us to go this year but i'm a big wimp n not sure?

xx

solarman
06-01-2012, 21:22

Jen, I'm a bit worried about going to France with the dog too but would be a lot easier if a couple of us travelled together i guess? Neil's pushing for us to go this year but i'm a big wimp n not sure?

xx
lotty when were you thinking of going,it will be my first time for me and i'm looking for a small convoy at least for going over no need to stick together over there unless agroup?

kimbowbill
06-01-2012, 21:27

xx

well i'll go i've been couple of years ago, and a convoy would be great, i can go anytime, well, i know i keep mentioning it but if i have a van that is,

kimbowbill
06-01-2012, 21:29
i think we should start a new thread for france cos this is for a wk end meet, who wants to do it?

NicknClair
06-01-2012, 21:31
What happened to the original post?:raofl:

I would also be up for a French jolly, but ferry is booked now. Leave UK Sat 9th June for 2 weeks, so if anyone is going around this time I am more than up for a meet and downing of the finest of French grog :beer:

When you guys have reached a choice on either North/South or a all for one central, I will try to get to the Southern or Central meets eitherway. Need to use the van alot more than I did last year.

lotty
06-01-2012, 21:57
lotty when were you thinking of going,it will be my first time for me and i'm looking for a small convoy at least for going over no need to stick together over there unless agroup?

we have our 2 weeks, last week of June 1st week july. What about you?

solarman
06-01-2012, 22:00
we have our 2 weeks, last week of June 1st week july. What about you?
we can go anytime just posted on the France thread although i would like to go early or very late in season,
Solarman

NicknClair
06-01-2012, 23:08
Just a thought.................. Navigation Inn, Derbyshire. Worth having a chat with the Landlord once we have a commitment in numbers????????

Ste
06-01-2012, 23:27
Just a thought.................. Navigation Inn, Derbyshire. Worth having a chat with the Landlord once we have a commitment in numbers????????

I'll go along with that!

Neckender
06-01-2012, 23:31
I prefer to do my own thing, organised meets can't satisfy everyone and to much falling out and cliqueness.
Done it all before uk campsites and 365 camping:danger:
John.

Rubbertramp
06-01-2012, 23:42
I prefer to do my own thing, organised meets can't satisfy everyone and to much falling out and cliqueness.
John.

Sorry you feel that way John, but if you'd come to the Newark and Stonehenge meets last year methinks you may have had your mind changed...Lovely people...every single one of them....dogs too!

NicknClair
07-01-2012, 06:56
Okay, 20th April? Hows that date sound to people?:idea-007:

grath
07-01-2012, 08:40
John.

I think that on the whole Wild meets have been a great success and the reason is that they are not controlled and nothing is rigid and obligatory, not like those silly CC and C&CC rallies.
You can mix as much or as little as you want and do your own thing whenever.
I agree that some members will get on with some other members better than some others, but that's life. We can't expect to be best mates with everybody that has a M/H
Some go to the pub, others don't some are walkers some are not. Just come along and chat when ever you want and when you don't want, it's quite OK to retire to your van.
Worth the chance, you never know, you may find your new best friend or friends.

Marilyn
07-01-2012, 10:10
OH and I would be interested in 20th April meet. Navigation Inn Derbyshire sounds good to us - is that central enough for people from the south, though?

We could do the Cumbrian one easily (it's less than two hours for us) but that would be hopeless for anyone much further south, probably.

kimbowbill
07-01-2012, 11:27
its impossible to find a location to suit everyone, i'm ok with April 20th, the easiest way to come to a date arrangement is all those with ties/holdays booked/school holdays etc chuck in a few available dates i've nothing booked and for a small weekend meet i dont mind if its in school holidays as its a weekend it wont make much difference, so come on guys n gals, chuck ya dates in and think we are looking at derbyshire or Milnthorpe either suits me

Ste
07-01-2012, 11:28
Well if anyone is up for it, I'd be happy with The Navigation on a Friday night, then mini roadtrip to The Ship for Saturday

kimbowbill
07-01-2012, 11:45
i have just spoke to the Landlady at the Navigation Inn, derbyshire, she's lovely, she said we would all be very welcome, massive car parks, animals, games room, sounds like a really nice place so what you say, i have told her a possible for 20th april but said this could change,

grath
07-01-2012, 11:48
i have just spoke to the Landlady at the Navigation Inn, derbyshire, she's lovely, she said we would all be very welcome, massive car parks, animals, games room, sounds like a really nice place so what you say, i have told her a possible for 20th april but said this could change,

Please tell us more about the place and where it is. It sounds nautical, is it on a canal?

kimbowbill
07-01-2012, 11:50
Heres the link Graham

The Navigation Inn, Overseal, Derbyshire - Country Inn & Function Facility (http://search.mywebsearch.com/mywebsearch/redirect.jhtml?searchfor=navigation+inn+derbyshire&cb=YK&n=77df44a9&ptnrS=YKxdm070YYgb&qid=d27e1a46278e08113007546bb07541eb&action=pick&ss=&pn=1&st=kwd&ptb=5D56C521-A5EC-43AD-9309-A67BA11C87F1&pg=GGmain&ord=0&redirect=mPWsrdz9heamc8iHEhldEd%2BVe2vWVdpPXAUiYSM RLm9F%2FzcK84hFkrwowo8tArVA&ct=AR&tpr=)

its not by a canal tho

grath
07-01-2012, 11:54
Heres the link Graham

The Navigation Inn, Overseal, Derbyshire - Country Inn & Function Facility (http://search.mywebsearch.com/mywebsearch/redirect.jhtml?searchfor=navigation+inn+derbyshire&cb=YK&n=77df44a9&ptnrS=YKxdm070YYgb&qid=d27e1a46278e08113007546bb07541eb&action=pick&ss=&pn=1&st=kwd&ptb=5D56C521-A5EC-43AD-9309-A67BA11C87F1&pg=GGmain&ord=0&redirect=mPWsrdz9heamc8iHEhldEd%2BVe2vWVdpPXAUiYSM RLm9F%2FzcK84hFkrwowo8tArVA&ct=AR&tpr=)

its not by a canal tho
Thats a shame as it would have been a nice little walk along the tow path.
However it is nearly central and could attract bothy northerners and southerners.
Is there anything to do outside, walks or anything.
Provided we are available, it would be ok by me.

grath
07-01-2012, 11:56
Sorry, I missed the link.
I see it is next door to Conkers:wacko:

kimbowbill
07-01-2012, 11:56
thats great then, the date is not set as yet but i think we should go for this place and the other northerners arrange a meet cumbria way on another date so that i can go to both :tongue:

grath
07-01-2012, 12:02
thats great then, the date is not set as yet but i think we should go for this place and the other northerners arrange a meet cumbria way on another date so that i can go to both :tongue:

Cumbria is also Ok for us:have fun::have fun:

maingate
07-01-2012, 12:11
Just in case you settle on the Ship Inn, there is a C&CC THS just along the road from March 30 - April 15. We had a few nights there last year. It is a bit of a hike to the Ship but if there was a number of people, it would be cheap enough to get a Taxi. We walked to the pub but were very pleased that the Landlord organised a lift home for us. :dance:

As has been said, it might suit some people to meet up but not necessarily stay in the car park.

Ste
07-01-2012, 12:13
Is that not the wrong Navigation pub?

I thought it was 53.33592, -1.96715 - Google Maps (http://tinyurl.com/y5ubhwv) which is next to the Peak Forest Canal Terminus

grath
07-01-2012, 12:15

I thought it was 53.33592, -1.96715 - Google Maps (http://tinyurl.com/y5ubhwv) which is next to the Peak Forest Canal Terminus

I must say, that this does look nicer with the canal alongside.

grath
07-01-2012, 12:21
I must say, that this does look nicer with the canal alongside.

Also, is Cromford Wharf car park still a possibility?
We have had a couple of meets here before with a choice of pubs just a 5 minute walk away.

kimbowbill
07-01-2012, 12:34

my dummy is going to get chucked soon, ok so i got the wrong pub, doh, but, either iether or will suit me do they accept MH's STE? i'm not phoning another pub, someone else will have to do it.

Firefox
07-01-2012, 12:38
This one looks good: The Navigation Inn, Overseal, Derbyshire - Country Inn & Function Facility (http://www.thenavigationinn.co.uk/) The one at Overseal, South Derbyshire.

It's got a great central location close to M6/M1/A14 junction and M42 which offers easy access from all directions of the country.

Also next to Conkers Country park for walks. And for those who want waterside walks, there are loads of lakes and streams in the country park.

kimbowbill
07-01-2012, 12:44
This one looks good: The Navigation Inn, Overseal, Derbyshire - Country Inn & Function Facility (http://www.thenavigationinn.co.uk/) The one at Overseal, South Derbyshire.

It's got a great central location close to M6/M1/A14 junction and M42 which offers easy access from all directions of the country.

Also next to Conkers Country park for walks. And for those who want waterside walks, there are loads of lakes and streams in the country park.

Thats the one i suggested Vern but i've benn told its the wrong pub????? the landlady is lovely and is happy to take all us reprebates

Ste
07-01-2012, 12:44
my dummy is going to get chucked soon, ok so i got the wrong pub, doh, but, either iether or will suit me do they accept MH's STE? i'm not phoning another pub, someone else will have to do it.

The one I thought it was is on POI file as PH Bugsworth (Navigation Inn) (Derbyshire)

Need to get Chris to add Overseal to the POI file

kimbowbill
07-01-2012, 12:48
The one I thought it was is on POI file as PH Bugsworth (Navigation Inn) (Derbyshire)

Need to get Chris to add Overseal to the POI file

oh i dont know, confused.com, either is ok, we may have to do a vote but if some are wanting this one then i still suggest someones rings up first just out of courtesy.

grath
07-01-2012, 13:03
Just been looking and the other one suggested by ste is near to Hayfield and new Mills.
Looks a nicer location, but certainly not as central for southern members and the car park looks small from the picture.
I am happy with either.

grath
07-01-2012, 13:13
I have just telephoned the navigation at Buxworth, recommended by Ste and yes a meet would be ok there as long as dates don't clash with other meetings such as bikers and car clubs.
The landlady is Jan and was very helpful.
They do food
tel number is 01663732072
So we have 2 possibles, I will leave it up to you guys to arrange

edit I mentioned numbers of between 10 & 20 vans

maingate
07-01-2012, 13:17

Conkers Country Park only allows Assistance dogs. So Muttley and Dastardly are not good enough.

Neckender
07-01-2012, 13:51
Conkers Country Park only allows Assistance dogs. So Muttley and Dastardly are not good enough.

You could always get a white stick maingate.:lol-053:

John.

Marilyn
07-01-2012, 13:58
Either Navigation Inn sounds fine - why don't we have two meets, one at each say a month or two apart?
Just a thought :idea:

Canalsman
07-01-2012, 13:58
I can personally recommend The Navigation at Bugsworth (Buxworth is what it's called these days because the locals didn't like the 'bugs' part of the name!).

Dogs allowed, good food and beer, lots of walking, very little traffic on the road adjoining as it's effectively a no through road.

Very relaxed place, with canalside seating and of great interest to industrial archaelogists - nearby you can visit Teapot Row ... I'll tease you with that!

Boat trips available from nearby Whaley Bridge.

There's more space to park than appears from Streetview.

grath
07-01-2012, 14:00
I have just telephoned the navigation at Buxworth, recommended by Ste and yes a meet would be ok there as long as dates don't clash with other meetings such as bikers and car clubs.
They do food

This is the one referred to by Canalsman

But, it is not as central as the other!

Firefox
07-01-2012, 14:20
Could do both, they both sound nice. I'm not really bothered by distance myself, as I've been to a fair few meets at the "other forum" which usually seem to be in the Manchester area.

It's a strange thing though, that high peak from the South takes 3 1/2 hours for me whereas, the other Navigation in S Derbs takes 2 hours. This is due to the vagaries of our motorway system. For someone coming from Kent or Sussex for example, S Derbs is 3 1/2 hours while N Derbs could be 5 hours. How many people would want to do 5 hours for a weekend meet?

Similarly Stonehenge is not easy to reach from the North as you have to go cross country from Birmingham or take a long detour round the M25. It's amazing what you can do when motorways are quiet though. This week I did Ross on Wye to Essex in 3 hours 20 mins. (65-70 mph, not speeding!)

Ste
07-01-2012, 14:30
Wouldn't say I was recommending it, more got confused when Kimbow suggested a different Navigation pub also in derbyshire that wasn't on POI file.

Canalsman
07-01-2012, 14:36
Navigation, Bugsworth Buxworth - Google Maps (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Buxworth&aq=0&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=14.066575,30.27832&vpsrc=6&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Buxworth,+Derbyshire,+United+Kingdom&ll=53.335274,-1.968151&spn=0.001733,0.00574&t=k&z=18&layer=c&cbll=53.335333,-1.968057&panoid=dejqQzBVWbvKVCyveJ_yzw&cbp=12,84.88,,0,2.57)

More parking opposite side of road here Buxworth - Google Maps (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Buxworth&aq=0&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=14.066575,30.27832&vpsrc=6&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Buxworth,+Derbyshire,+United+Kingdom&ll=53.335274,-1.968151&spn=0.001733,0.00574&t=k&z=18&layer=c&cbll=53.335333,-1.968057&panoid=dejqQzBVWbvKVCyveJ_yzw&cbp=12,276.82,,0,2.31)

lotty
07-01-2012, 14:38
its impossible to find a location to suit everyone, i'm ok with April 20th, the easiest way to come to a date arrangement is all those with ties/holdays booked/school holdays etc chuck in a few available dates i've nothing booked and for a small weekend meet i dont mind if its in school holidays as its a weekend it wont make much difference, so come on guys n gals, chuck ya dates in and think we are looking at derbyshire or Milnthorpe either suits me

20th April is good for us too. I don't mind the location, some good walks close by would be good and as long as the pub is dog friendly and does decent grub? :tongue::beer:
Lotty

just noticed the 20th is a Friday, we would have to come on the 21st, can't do Fridays as work til 9pm! :sad:

Canalsman
07-01-2012, 14:46
Much better walking and a much prettier place - Bugsworth for me!

maingate
07-01-2012, 14:46
You could always get a white stick maingate.:lol-053:

John.

Getting a white stick is the easy bit.

How do I explain that I need 6 Guide dogs???? :mad1:

grath
07-01-2012, 14:47
My own choice would be the navigation at Buxworth, but only because it has the adjacent canal for an easy walk and it's nice to see a boat or three.
But again, this is further for southern members.

lotty
07-01-2012, 14:55

We went to this pub in 2010, we were on the camping and caravan club site and went on a walk and came across them. They let us in with the dog and did us some food even though they were not serving. They were lovely people, pub was a bit shabby but that didn't matter. The owners had just taken over. Not sure if it's the same people who own it now?
Not sure about walks in the area as we got distracted by the pubs! hic! and did a circular walk along the road.

Equaly a canal location sounds good too?

lotty
07-01-2012, 15:00
They do food

looks a nice place on google maps, possibly more chance to do some walking with the dogs than at the other?

Canalsman
07-01-2012, 15:02
looks a nice place on google maps, possibly more chance to do some walking with the dogs than at the other?

Definitely!

grath
07-01-2012, 15:11
I was just showing Kath the pictures of The navigation at Buxworth and we have decided to give it a go anyway and will go there in the next few weeks as it looks to be our sort of place.
But we are also happy to have the meet elsewhere, even in a field with a pub within walking distance.

Canalsman
07-01-2012, 15:17
I was just showing Kath the pictures of The navigation at Buxworth and we have decided to give it a go anyway and will go there in the next few weeks as it looks to be our sort of place.
But we are also happy to have the meet elsewhere, even in a field with a pub within walking distance.

Let me know when you're going - I live nearby and I'll come and share a pint :)

Regards

Chris

grath
07-01-2012, 15:19
Let me know when you're going - I live nearby and I'll come and share a pint :)

Regards

Chris

Ok, look forward to it:wave:

kimbowbill
07-01-2012, 17:21
ok, if its to be the buxworth one then is someone going to give them a courtesy call?

moonshadow
07-01-2012, 19:15
looks lovely but 350 mile round trip too far for the weekend!

grath
07-01-2012, 19:31
Sorry guys, a bit pissed at the moment, (3 bottles of wine) but Kath has just asked me if I asked if the pub is dog friendly. Sorry, i did not

bigmillie
07-01-2012, 19:42
looks lovely but 350 mile round trip too far for the weekend!

Same here 390 miles return 98 fuel costs :scared: or 70 if I can get some veggy oil

Millie
07-01-2012, 20:02
The Barge Inn at Honeystreet, Pewsey, Wiltshire, SN9 5PS might be worth a try - about a fiver a night, dogs allowed, live bands and next to a canal with lovely walks.

Main Page - The Barge Inn @ Honeystreet, Wiltshire (http://www.the-barge-inn.com/index.php)

We've stayed a couple of weekends on biker rallies and had a great time.

lotty
07-01-2012, 21:03
Sorry guys, a bit pissed at the moment, (3 bottles of wine) but Kath has just asked me if I asked if the pub is dog friendly. Sorry, i did not

I think Canalsman said it was dog friendly?

NicknClair
07-01-2012, 21:32
So looking good for the weekend of 20th April @ Navigation Inn, Derby. Who's gonna head this one up then?

grath
07-01-2012, 21:32
ok, if its to be the buxworth one then is someone going to give them a courtesy call?

is it or is it not?
anywhere is OK with me and as I said it is not quite as central for the southern guys

grath
07-01-2012, 22:11
So looking good for the weekend of 20th April @ Navigation Inn, Derby. Who's gonna head this one up then?
Not sure which one you mean, but sorry not me as I can not be 100% certain of attending. I sincerely hope to and will do my best to attend and will help in any way possible.

phantom flyer
07-01-2012, 22:22
If a firm date and place is set could make our two week trip down south to include this. At the moment dates flexible but could be done.

grath
07-01-2012, 22:31
In all seriousness, I think that although the navigation at Buxworth is the nicer location, the navigation near to Conkers will entice more southern members.

phantom flyer
07-01-2012, 22:43
In all seriousness, I think that although the navigation at Buxworth is the nicer location, the navigation near to Connkers will entice more southern members.
Don't you want the very notheners to attend then?

Canalsman
07-01-2012, 22:59
I think Canalsman said it was dog friendly?

Correct :)

grath
08-01-2012, 07:56
Don't you want the very notheners to attend then?

Why would you say that?

kimbowbill
08-01-2012, 08:18
I think what Grath meant Phantom flyer is that we are trying to set a location that is suitable for all, but that is mereley impossible and in an another thread it was suggested that the north northerners so to speak are doing their own meet aswell on another date so people can choose, hope this makes sense, if you havent been following all the threads then it will look quite scatty at the moment, a bit like me, lol,

Jen

grath
08-01-2012, 08:52
Both Kimbowbill and myself have both telephoned a possible meet venue (the two Navigation's)and thrown them into the ring. If there are any other suggestions, either further north or south, east or west, then please explore the possibilities and let us know.
It still does not have to be either of these two and it could be a north and a south meet.
It ain't our meet, but yours!

moonshadow
08-01-2012, 09:11
The Barge Inn at Honeystreet, Pewsey, Wiltshire, SN9 5PS might be worth a try - about a fiver a night, dogs allowed, live bands and next to a canal with lovely walks.

Main Page - The Barge Inn @ Honeystreet, Wiltshire (http://www.the-barge-inn.com/index.php)

We've stayed a couple of weekends on biker rallies and had a great time.

Sounds good to us, maybe should be suggested on the 'southern meet' instead of Stonehenge, bit nearer to a pub!:)

phantom flyer
08-01-2012, 10:49
Why would you say that?
Doesn't make sense to me either this morning. Sorry too much Rioja last night.

Justin and Jane
08-01-2012, 11:14
:tongue: count me in for the north !! :tongue:

Viktor
08-01-2012, 12:42
Just a suggestion folks as a Northern meet is one I would most likely be able to attend...why not start a group for the Northerns then 2 people are given the right to chose a location and everyone agrees in advance to accept whatever location they decide. Next meet same thing but 2 different people...that way everyone gets a turn to have a meet at a nice location they favour.....no matter where is chosen there is always going to be someone who can't either go at the last minute, or finds either the date or location unsuitable for them...so best just say here is where we are for this first meet on whatever date and take what comes.

You could have a meet once a month or twice a month if you wanted to.

Firefox
08-01-2012, 13:08
Either of the two Navigations is OK for me but I'd also like to try the Ashby/Overseal at some time if we don't this one, because I think we definitely need to establish a good meeting place in the Tamworth/Burton/Ashby/Nuneaton area. Then anyone on the M6/M1/A1/A14/M5/M42 has an easy route in.

grath
08-01-2012, 13:30
What we have done in the past and it has worked is someone says, I am going to such and such a place on such date and leaving on such a date and anybody is welcome to join.
Easy peasy, people either go or don't go

grath
08-01-2012, 13:55
OK, bull by the horn.
I propose the navigation at Buxworth, not bothered what date.
Once a date has been suggested and agreed, the Navigation must be contacted to check it is ok with them.

NicknClair
08-01-2012, 13:56
OK, bull by the horn.
I propose the navigation at Buxworth, not bothered what date

You only grabbing one horn then :lol-053:, I'll take the other...................... Weekend starting 20th April!!

People Attending;

Grath
NicknClair

lotty
08-01-2012, 14:07
You only grabbing one horn then :lol-053:, I'll take the other...................... Weekend starting 20th April!!

People Attending;

Grath
NicknClair

Lotty & hubby & dog :)

NicknClair
08-01-2012, 14:10
Lotty & hubby & dog :)

Grath
NicknClair
lotty

Best thing to do is copy and paste the list of names when adding yours, that way it keeps them all in one list :dance:

grath
08-01-2012, 14:12
Grath
NicknClair
lotty

Best thing to do is copy and paste the list of names when adding yours, that way it keeps them all in one list :dance:

and ladytramp who never posts anymore (Mrs grath)

NicknClair
08-01-2012, 14:19
Grath + Lady Tramp
NicknClair
lotty + Hubby

If each line = vehicle, just write + 1 or Hubby etc on same line. Dogs are just counted as most of us seem to have them ;)

grath
08-01-2012, 14:37
I will contact the Navigation to check that the date does not clash with other bookings.
I think it would be better not to do it today, on a Sunday as they will probably have been very busy. I will ring in the morning, unless anybody has any objections or wants to do it.

How about cats and buggies lol

grath
08-01-2012, 15:13
before we go any further ,are you all sure that this date is not a little late as well over 3 months away (1/4 year) and seems a long time away. Wouldn't March be better . Sorry to mention, but?

lotty
08-01-2012, 15:23
before we go any further ,are you all sure that this date is not a little late as well over 3 months away (1/4 year) and seems a long time away. Wouldn't March be better . Sorry to mention, but?

Im ok for most weekends, my only difficulty is I can not attend on a Friday, we work until 9pm on Fridays so have to join on a Saturday morning.

kimbowbill
08-01-2012, 15:26
count me in thats if i have a van :sad:

Ste
08-01-2012, 15:45
CRAP!!!! I'm out for the Bugsworth! Just had email, Wetherby Antique Fair is on 21st/22nd April. Its now a week earlier than last year.

Whens Milnthorpe?

grath
08-01-2012, 15:47
CRAP!!!! I'm out for the Bugsworth! Just had email, Wetherby Antique Fair is on 21st/22nd April. Its now a week earlier than last year.

Whens Milnthorpe?

A good reason to bring it forward, if you want to come.

Ste
08-01-2012, 16:11
A good reason to bring it forward, if you want to come.
Well I won't have van finished until end of Feb, & 20th was one of the few wkd's I had totally free before summer. Don't worry I meet you all somewhere!!!

kimbowbill
08-01-2012, 16:15
think we have to have a date and stick with it, not be moving it around, i did this when organising a ladies only meet and the ones i moved the dates for dint even turn up, lol,

grath
08-01-2012, 16:54
Everything on HOLD, waiting for the poll results.:idea-007:
Another thread

kimbowbill
08-01-2012, 16:56
Everything on HOLD, waiting for the poll results.:idea-007:
Another thread

now dont be PM ing all ya mates offering a bottle o wine for their vote lol, i like em both :banana:

grath
08-01-2012, 16:58
now dont be PM ing all ya mates offering a bottle o wine for their vote lol, i like em both :banana:

Hey Jen, my Crianza, I don't give away:cry::lol-053::lol-049:

kimbowbill
08-01-2012, 16:59
Hey Jen, my Crianza, I don't give away:cry::lol-053::lol-049:

unless your nav is one vote off lol

grath
08-01-2012, 17:01
unless your nav is one vote off lol

Not really bothered which it is as it's the members we are going for. The location although very nice is secondary.:cheers::have fun::wave:

kimbowbill
08-01-2012, 17:18
Not really bothered which it is as it's the members we are going for. The location although very nice is secondary.:cheers::have fun::wave:

wholeheartdly agree

grath
08-01-2012, 17:21
Strange, we have more votes than members saying they would come?
and honest Kath has not and will not vote, you have my word! as a scoundrel and fixer:wacko::wacko::juggle:
No honest, she will not!
To be fair, it has to be one vote per van

grath
09-01-2012, 08:46
Grath + Lady Tramp
NicknClair
lotty + Hubby

If each line = vehicle, just write + 1 or Hubby etc on same line. Dogs are just counted as most of us seem to have them ;)

Although we have up to now 21 votes, apart from the names above and kimbowbill and Firefox this is all of the members we have confirmed.
Anybody else coming?
Sorry if missed anybody, please add names.
Thanks

steco1958
09-01-2012, 09:08
Yes, will be there.

Steve + Elaine

Marilyn
09-01-2012, 09:53
Grath + Lady Tramp
NicknClair
lotty + Hubby
Steve and Elaine
Marilyn + Peter (if we can - can't promise)

DTDog
09-01-2012, 10:03
Grath + Lady Tramp
NicknClair
lotty + Hubby
Steve and Elaine
DTDog + 2 (Jack and Shirley).

whitevanwoman
09-01-2012, 10:41
Too early for me to commit yet, it depends on work and , don't count me in at the moment but I'll try and make it.

Firefox
09-01-2012, 13:06
Likewise for me, it depends on work... or I may go to the Southern Softies meet :lol-049:

Amethyst
09-01-2012, 13:18
Grath + Lady Tramp
NicknClair
lotty + Hubby
Steve and Elaine
Amethyst + boss if possible

Canalsman
09-01-2012, 13:47
Grath + Lady Tramp
NicknClair
lotty + Hubby
Steve and Elaine
Canalsman (Chris)

kellyjohn
09-01-2012, 15:38
Grath + Lady Tramp
NicknClair
lotty + Hubby
Steve and Elaine
Canalsman (Chris)
kellyjohn

herbenny
09-01-2012, 15:53
Grath + Lady Tramp
NicknClair
lotty + Hubby
Steve and Elaine
Canalsman (Chris)
kellyjohn

herbenny (Jac and Hubby) if I must take him !!!! :)))

herbenny
09-01-2012, 15:56
herbenny (Jac and Hubby) if I must !!!! :)))

sorry dont know how to add us to the list x

Admin
09-01-2012, 16:01
Grath + Lady Tramp
NicknClair
lotty + Hubby
Steve and Elaine
Canalsman (Chris)
kellyjohn
herbenny (Jac and Hubby)
Phil admin

herbenny
09-01-2012, 16:14
Thanks Phil :wave: it is only Monday...my brain doesnt get going until least wednesday :rolleyes2::rolleyes2:

grath
09-01-2012, 16:24
Pub says 30 spaces, unless of course that we go to the other navigation.

Only 20 spaces left:scared: Going quick:lol-053:

grath
09-01-2012, 16:34
We should be there wherever it is !!!!!!
Basidog and Mrs basildog
No idea how to add to a list ????
When is it anyway ?

I can't help as also don't know how:sad::sad:
can somebody please add basildog

tillytom
09-01-2012, 16:45
We are coming too should be a good weekend!!!

Firefox
09-01-2012, 16:46
Grath + Lady Tramp
NicknClair
lotty + Hubby
Steve and Elaine
Canalsman (Chris)
kellyjohn
herbenny (Jac and Hubby)
Phil admin
Mr & Mrs Basildog, Neo, and Keara

(All you do is copy the previous list, paste, and add the new names :lol-053: )

Firefox
09-01-2012, 17:04
Highlight text (by dragging mouse) and Ctrl C or rightclick and menu. Place cursor and Ctrl V or rightclick and menu.

How to Copy and Paste - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c66pvfilotA) :cool1:

kimbowbill
09-01-2012, 17:24
Grath + Lady Tramp
NicknClair
lotty + Hubby & Eddie
Steve and Elaine
Canalsman (Chris)
kellyjohn
herbenny (Jac and Hubby)
Phil admin
Kimbowbill, Henry & Keisha

Firefox
10-01-2012, 00:44
Grath + Lady Tramp
NicknClair
lotty + Hubby & Eddie
Steve and Elaine
Canalsman (Chris)
kellyjohn
herbenny (Jac and Hubby)
Phil admin
Kimbowbill, Henry & Keisha
Tillytom (+1?)

oldish hippy
10-01-2012, 09:02
put location and date at top of list save trolling back through to find it

grath
10-01-2012, 15:19
Been too busy to ring until a few minutes ago (fitting tiles) and the landlady is not available until later.
When it is confirmed.I will start another thread.

Admin
10-01-2012, 15:26
Been too busy to ring until a few minutes ago (fitting tiles) and the landlady is not available until later.
When it is confirmed.I will start another thread.

If you start a new thread for people attending then just edit the first post as the list grows.

grath
10-01-2012, 15:48
It still has to be confirmed with the landlady, but I started the official meet thread while I had time. When it is confirmed, I will edit the first post in the new thread stating that it is confirmed.
Thanks, it's up to you Guys now. Looking forward to meeting lots and putting faces to names.
Lets have fun:fun::have fun::fun:

CONFIRMED CONFIRMED CONFIRMED

Admin
10-01-2012, 21:59
please now follow this thread here;

http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/wild-camping-meets-gatherings/16298-buxworth-20th-april-2012-meet.html

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS