PDA

View Full Version : Canterbury

raglanarms
07-01-2012, 18:47
I'm sure it's on the POI database, but just want to emphasise what a great night day/night we had at New Dover Road Park & Ride, Canterbury. 2-50 for vehicle + up to 6 passengers for 24 hours. This includes a return bus ride into the city centre. There's chemical / grey waste disposal, water, bins, toilets, CCTV, barrier system. Felt very safe, very quiet - good night's sleep

MOS
07-01-2012, 21:44
Yes we have used the P&R in canterbury a few times going too and from the ferry its a goodun ,:yeahthat:

Canalsman
07-01-2012, 22:21
I'm sure it's on the POI database, but just want to emphasise what a great night day/night we had at New Dover Road Park & Ride, Canterbury. 2-50 for vehicle + up to 6 passengers for 24 hours. This includes a return bus ride into the city centre. There's chemical / grey waste disposal, water, bins, toilets, CCTV, barrier system. Felt very safe, very quiet - good night's sleep

It is in the POI downloads ...

keith-17
29-08-2012, 08:38
Spent saturday night there , excellent ..if a little busy ..cant get in after 8.30 pm as i found out friday evening ...lol

lots of foreign vans ... but if you can get in its a bargain place to stay and a free bus every 8 mins , except sunday

shortcircuit
29-08-2012, 08:48
You cannot gain access on Sunday but if you are in you can get out.

forster723
01-01-2013, 13:36
Spent saturday night there , excellent ..if a little busy ..cant get in after 8.30 pm as i found out friday evening ...lol

lots of foreign vans ... but if you can get in its a bargain place to stay and a free bus every 8 mins , except sunday

What time do the barriers open during the week at this overnighter. We need to be away by about 6am.

sss
01-01-2013, 13:40
you can leave at anytime, its only entry that is restricted.

forster723
01-01-2013, 13:44
Many thanks for that, seems like a bargain place to park overnight for the ferries. Lets hope the pub does nice evening meals.

deckboy
21-11-2013, 18:24
Came off the ferry yesterday (reluctantly heading home from 10 weeks in Portugal/Spain via France) and stopped the night in the Canterbury P&R. As said, great stop.

Has anyone compiled a list of other similar Park & Rides that have the same or similar setup, as to my mind it's a great deal.

PS: In Jedburgh car park as I write, last leg tomorrow.

marydot
21-11-2013, 19:04
PS: In Jedburgh car park as I write, last leg tomorrow.

Have the boy racers arrived in the car park yet? Last time we stayed there it was like wacky races!

Marydot

deckboy
22-11-2013, 14:54
Have the boy racers arrived in the car park yet? Last time we stayed there it was like wacky races!
They hung around a lot longer last time (June), but after a bit of loud music and some revving, they went home to the warm. :)

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS