PDA

View Full Version : Wanted

10-05-2007, 10:33
Generator...4 stroke..anything considered
im not big on these things but i know we want something that is quiet,puts out about 2000w(i think) and also something clean & neat that fits nicely under my bed in the motorhome...we want it mainly for charging up the battery when wilding it...also using my hairdryer...HA HA...:D......:rolleyes:

hillwalker
10-05-2007, 17:17
im not big on these things but i know we want something that is quiet,puts out about 2000w(i think) and also something clean & neat that fits nicely under my bed in the motorhome...we want it mainly for charging up the battery when wilding it...also using my hairdryer...HA HA...:D......:rolleyes:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HONDA-EX650-SILENT-SUITCASE-GENERATOR-PETROL_W0QQitemZ170109356993QQihZ007QQcategoryZ760 66QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

happybonzo
10-05-2007, 17:48
Try looking around for a Kipur. They are nearly as silent as the Honda's.
Honda have just taken The A**l Probe to the management of Kipur because those naughty Chinese chappies had ripped Honda's technology - LOL

Machine Mart are worth a try. The trouble is that most of these size Gennies are aimed at industry as opposed to our leisure requirements.

A 2KVA will weigh a fair bit. Most people would be looking to do a "build in" with one of those. Onan also make good Gennies, at a price. These are specifically aimed at the Leisure market.

Onan? always cracks me up. Why name a machine after the first and original w.....r - LOL

No doubt the Very Rev. George Telford will be along to correct me on that but what the **** - LOL

edit for spleign

knoxy
10-05-2007, 19:40
Hi Sam I bought a two stroke geni from evilbay a couple of years ago cost about 50 . Nothing fancy not too nosiy and runs everything I need it to.

walkers
10-05-2007, 20:02
the diy sheds sometimes have cheap ones won't be quiet about 700 to 900 watts but that should be enough less you wanna go mad and run a cooker or something high powered off it
just looked on pricerunner.co.uk and marshall ward have a quiet one for 179 100w output 5.5litre tank 4 stroke

13-05-2007, 10:42
thanks for info guys....looking for 1kva 4 stroke...or something around there...so the "BOSS" in formed me..ha ha
not urgent for 1 but if 1 comes along at a good price...then..BINGO we will have it...cheers people xxxx

Scottish_Lion
13-05-2007, 12:15
I just bought myself one from B&Q for only 33 :eek: its a 2 stroke with max output at 750 watt and running power of 650 watt, may not be what your looking for but at that price i had to have it :D As for the noise side of it, its not to bad but its not the quietest of engines, but i was standing right beside it with it running and could still talk to my dad without shouting or raising my voice, its souns similar to a 2 stroke strimmer or lawnmower running at idle speed.

tjay
13-05-2007, 14:04
Hi to all,I bought a 2kva kippor genny at last years York Show paid about 270 we think.It's not too heavy,i can manage to put into the rear locker under the bed on my Kontiki. It has two 13amp sockets on it so,when we go to rallies i can if required give anyone a quick charge (it has been appreciated a few time now) Only thing that you must remember is to secure it properly !!

cheers,Tom

walkers
13-05-2007, 14:13
I just bought myself one from B&Q for only 33 :eek: its a 2 stroke with max output at 750 watt and running power of 650 watt, may not be what your looking for but at that price i had to have it :D As for the noise side of it, its not to bad but its not the quietest of engines, but i was standing right beside it with it running and could still talk to my dad without shouting or raising my voice, its souns similar to a 2 stroke strimmer or lawnmower running at idle speed.
how long ago was this scottish lion don't think i have seen em that cheap lowest i have seen em was 45 if its still at 33 i might get one powerful enouggh for my needs mainly to recharge the leisure battery and maybe run the microwave:D

grath
13-05-2007, 14:21
Hi Samm
Don,t know if u remember but mine is a 2000kw Honda.
Too expensive now as cheaper makes now run silent i think!:D
Mine is a little heavy but it will run easy with a hair dryer or fan heater.
The smaller ones will be running harder to power such things and therefore may be noisier(dont realy know), but will be quite sufficient for battery charging and will run easy doing that.
Hope this helps,
regards Graham

Scottish_Lion
13-05-2007, 14:52
how long ago was this scottish lion don't think i have seen em that cheap lowest i have seen em was 45 if its still at 33 i might get one powerful enouggh for my needs mainly to recharge the leisure battery and maybe run the microwave:D

Hi Walkers, it was only today i bought it, i went in for some carpet glue and saw it by chance, it was too good to miss :D i will only be wanting it for ocasinal and emergency use so at that price its worth it for me.

walkers
13-05-2007, 15:03
Hi Walkers, it was only today i bought it, i went in for some carpet glue and saw it by chance, it was too good to miss :D i will only be wanting it for ocasinal and emergency use so at that price its worth it for me.
too late for today but guess where i am going to moz:)

gordon
13-05-2007, 16:34
if you want a genny for your hair drier you will need at least a 2kva hair driers us as much power as a kettle and more than a microwave.kipnor are the best to go for but they don't come cheap.

grath
13-05-2007, 17:01
if you want a genny for your hair drier you will need at least a 2kva hair driers us as much power as a kettle and more than a microwave.kipnor are the best to go for but they don't come cheap.
HiGordon.
I think you will find that Honda are even better, but as you say, "they don't come cheap"
regards Graham

happybonzo
13-05-2007, 17:06
As I said, Honda are probably the best but as Grath says "They don't come cheap"
You may still pick up a Kipor but they have had the Court Orders and the A. Probe off Honda because they had ripped the sound deadening technology (allegedly) off Honda

grath
13-05-2007, 17:16
As I said, Honda are probably the best but as Grath says "They don't come cheap"
You may still pick up a Kipor but they have had the Court Orders and the A. Probe off Honda because they had ripped the sound deadening technology (allegedly) off Honda
Sounds good to me Phil:cool:

gordon
13-05-2007, 17:34
HiGordon.
I think you will find that Honda are even better, but as you say, "they don't come cheap"
regards Graham
hi graham
as you say honda are best but kipnor is a honda in in disguise but cheaper
iknow it's not wright to encurage fraud but if kipnor can make them for their price why can't honda.

grath
13-05-2007, 17:54
hi graham
as you say honda are best but kipnor is a honda in in disguise but cheaper
iknow it's not wright to encurage fraud but if kipnor can make them for their price why can't honda.
Cant fault it gordon:cool:

happybonzo
13-05-2007, 18:15
hi graham
as you say Honda are best but kipnor is a Honda in in disguise but cheaper
iknow it's not wright to encurage fraud but if kipnor can make them for their price why can't Honda.

Unfortunately there are differences and, I believe, that they are quite considearble. It even runs to being as basic as the materials used.
It's a bit like when Woolworths used to sell wire brushes. They had one less piece of steel wire in them than their competitors. The saving though, taken over tens of thousands, was substantial.
Anyway, Honda felt that their designs were being infringed and the Courts agreed with them. So at the moment, no more Kipors!

Kipors is off today Guv'nor. The boats just ain't catching 'em like they used to...

Sorry, I'll get my coat.

walkers
13-05-2007, 18:46
Unfortunately there are differences and, I believe, that they are quite considearble. It even runs to being as basic as the materials used.
It's a bit like when Woolworths used to sell wire brushes. They had one less piece of steel wire in them than their competitors. The saving though, taken over tens of thousands, was substantial.
Anyway, Honda felt that their designs were being infringed and the Courts agreed with them. So at the moment, no more Kipors!

Kipors is off today Guv'nor. The boats just ain't catching 'em like they used to...

Sorry, I'll get my coat.
i think its just horses for courses if you are gonna use something a lot pay the money and get a good un if you only want to use something little and rarely why spend all that money

13-05-2007, 18:55
if you want a genny for your hair drier you will need at least a 2kva hair driers us as much power as a kettle and more than a microwave.kipnor are the best to go for but they don't come cheap.you can get 800w hairdryers on ebay..cheers for info;)

13-05-2007, 18:56
thats well cheap...will look into it...thanks
:D

gordon
13-05-2007, 19:13
you can get 800w hairdryers on ebay..cheers for info;)
they are 800w but what wattage does it need to start up i bet it's well over 1 kw and when they say the genny is 800w it will only kick out 600w what you read on the genny is not what it will produce as output
gordon

grath
13-05-2007, 19:22
they are 800w but what wattage does it need to start up i bet it's well over 1 kw and when they say the genny is 800w it will only kick out 600w what you read on the genny is not what it will produce as output
gordon
Samm.
To get a geny for what I think u want to use it for you will need a 2000kw model.
The make & the price that you want to pay, depends on the how long and how much you will want to use it for.
I know that I have an Honda, buy if I was buying one again, knowing how little I have used it, I would buy a cheaper model.
But it would still have to be a 4 stroke and a quiet type.
Another fact that no one has mentioned is that the Honda runs on the Inverter principal and the electricity flow will not vary and is therefore quite acceptable to run a computer.
According to the so called experts, only an inverter type is suitable for this type of use.
Hope this helps, regards Graham:D

hillwalker
13-05-2007, 19:30
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HONDA-EX650-SILENT-SUITCASE-GENERATOR-PETROL_W0QQitemZ170109356993QQihZ007QQcategoryZ760 66QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem thats ma gennie , a wee honda great machine, very quiet..

rebbyvid
13-05-2007, 19:48
Try this site Sam -but not cheap
http://www.genpoweruk.co.uk/

14-05-2007, 09:28
thanks people....great info...samm x

voxol51
15-05-2007, 03:51
Kippors are still available at our local fishmongers.
But seriously, Honda's court case has prevented the sale of some models of kippor gennys in the UK, however, many other models are still available including the campermate 1000 for around 200 new, on ebay.

Voxy.

happybonzo
15-05-2007, 06:42
Kippors are still available at our local fishmongers.
But seriously, Honda's court case has prevented the sale of some models of kippor gennys in the UK, however, many other models are still available including the campermate 1000 for around 200 new, on ebay.

Voxy.

I believe that they are old stock. The Court settlement allowed for a clearance of stock but there was no mention of spares. The agents put out a statement at the time but because I don't have a Kipur Genny I didn't take much notice of it. They did ask all owners of Kipur Gennies to contact them ASAP.
The spares situation is going to be, how shall I put it, interesting?

16-05-2007, 21:52
went to b&q today..........sold out...thanks for info though..samm x

walkers
16-05-2007, 21:53
went to b&q today..........sold out...thanks for info though..samm x
not surprised at that price:eek:

16-05-2007, 21:57
not surprised at that price:eek:
i know...............good eh!! i hope they get some more in...but didnt sound like it....the guy on the desk was like "uuuurrrrr we ad sum in as a special offa they all went...durrr" and i didnt have the heart to confuse him by asking if they were gonna do the offer again !! ha ha :D

walkers
16-05-2007, 21:58
i know...............good eh!! i hope they get some more in...but didnt sound like it....the guy on the desk was like "uuuurrrrr we ad sum in as a special offa they all went...durrr" and i didnt have the heart to confuse him by asking if they were gonna do the offer again !! ha ha :D
any other b&q's near to you, you never know one of them may have one left ?

19-05-2007, 15:20
i would like your opinions on these please:-

1 http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=018&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=280116627299&rd=1&rd=1

2 http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=018&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=280115787408&rd=1&rd=1

3 http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=015&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=250116517766&rd=1&rd=1

4 http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-8KVA-4-STROKE-PETROL-GENERATOR-NEW-AND-BOXED_W0QQitemZ280115787400QQihZ018QQcategoryZ4641 2QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

5 http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Power-Craft-2200W-Long-Run-Petrol-Generator_W0QQitemZ220111219987QQihZ012QQcategoryZ 46412QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

grath
19-05-2007, 16:18
Sam.
Knowing what you may want to use it for, eg hair dryer,kettle & computer plus chareging I would probably go for the first, although it will be heavy, like my Honda.
The second may struggle with a hair dryer & kettle. Do not know about curliong tongues.
The second would be ok for battery charging & computer, but the big kick in items (power surge) eg kettle,may be too much for it.
It really depends what you want to run off it. You must decide b4 you buy.
The third is an unknown make and cheaper. Do not know about quality.
The last two are not enclosed and will be noisey and probably no use for a computer.
The first two are similar to Honda.
Maybe other members may have one of these models and can tell you exactly what they will run.
Hope this helps, regards Graham

grath
19-05-2007, 16:25
Sam.
Knowing what you may want to use it for, eg hair dryer,kettle & computer plus chareging I would probably go for the first, although it will be heavy, like my Honda.
The second may struggle with a hair dryer & kettle. Do not know about curliong tongues.
The second would be ok for battery charging & computer, but the big kick in items (power surge) eg kettle,may be too much for it.
It really depends what you want to run off it. You must decide b4 you buy.
The third is an unknown make and cheaper. Do not know about quality.
The last two are not enclosed and will be noisy and probably no use for a computer.
The first two are similar to Honda.
Maybe other members may have one of these models and can tell you exactly what they will run.
Hope this helps, regards Graham
Just noticed, the 3rd is only 850 w continual use not 1kw do not know if that will be enough.
Also the second do not know what the continual output is?
You really must decide what you want to run!
regards Graham

hillwalker
19-05-2007, 17:29
samm, the kipor geni's are the best out of that lot ,never heard of the berlan, and the craft would do u but it will be more noisey, have a look at the post of the geni i've got a honda 650 , very quiet and not that exspencive

gordon
19-05-2007, 18:26
the first two are the best as as grath says you have to work out what you want it to run if you don't need it for a laptop or a lcd tv and for wilding i'd go for the last one 29 quid what you got to lose.
gordon.

hillwalker
19-05-2007, 18:30
the first two are the best as as grath says you have to work out what you want it to run if you don't need it for a laptop or a lcd tv and for wilding i'd go for the last one 29 quid what you got to lose.
gordon.
gordon, i use lcd and digi box on mine, and it's fine

19-05-2007, 18:43
samm, the kipor geni's are the best out of that lot ,never heard of the berlan, and the craft would do u but it will be more noisey, have a look at the post of the geni i've got a honda 650 , very quiet and not that exspencive
not big enough for me hairdryer and straighteners hilly...good genny though...
i need one to run:-
hairdryer
straighteners
tv & satellite (rare occasions when we are on our own he he :D )
kettle
toaster

quite a lot eh!!!
hairdryer is the most important with my straighteners ha ha :p

derek500
19-05-2007, 18:59
Two weeks ago I bought a Launtop 950DC (57db 2 stroke) from E-bay (here in Spain). About 48. I got it specifically for hairdryer (Aldi travel model) and straighteners. Both work fine.

gordon
19-05-2007, 19:08
hairdryer
straighteners
kettle
toaster

quite a lot eh!!!
i think what you need samm is a mobile power station

hillwalker
19-05-2007, 19:33
hairdryer
straighteners
kettle
toaster

quite a lot eh!!!
yi dont need a hairdryer, wash ur hair then go a walk the time u get back ur will be dry& straight. hhee hee

19-05-2007, 19:44
Two weeks ago I bought a Launtop 950DC (57db 2 stroke) from E-bay (here in Spain). About 48. I got it specifically for hairdryer (Aldi travel model) and straighteners. Both work fine.
wow really.............good info & i suppose i could get a set of gas straighteners.
hows the noise out of one of these units as iv heard they can be quite noisy...thanks will check it out..samm x

19-05-2007, 19:45
i think what you need samm is a mobile power station
thanks made me giggle...hairdryer & charding battery are the main things i need it for really.....samm x

mickymoor
19-05-2007, 19:46
hi sam,
i've just put this lot together for when i go wilding,
honda eu10i converted to propane running as i'm a diesel van i didn't want to start carrrying petrol.
secondhand genny 280
gas conversion kit 175
and a clever brother to do the conversion for me.
total = 455
to buy one already converted costs about 800.
good luck with your quest for one.
derek

19-05-2007, 19:47
yi dont need a hairdryer, wash ur hair then go a walk the time u get back ur will be dry& straight. hhee hee
flat lifeless hair......me!!!:eek:
ha ha ha well i could use l'oreal...cause im worth it ha ha :D

19-05-2007, 19:48
hi sam,
i've just put this lot together for when i go wilding,
honda eu10i converted to propane running as i'm a diesel van i didn't want to start carrrying petrol.
secondhand genny 280
gas conversion kit 175
and a clever brother to do the conversion for me.
total = 455
to buy one already converted costs about 800.
good luck with your quest for one.
derek
wow excellent......clever or what!!!;)

derek500
19-05-2007, 19:57
wow really.............good info & i suppose i could get a set of gas straighteners.
hows the noise out of one of these units as iv heard they can be quite noisy...thanks will check it out..samm x

This month's CC magazine has an advert for Machine Mart. They're selling a 700w generator 'Super Quiet 58db @ 7m' for 270. Mine is 57db @ 7m 48.

19-05-2007, 20:24
This month's CC magazine has an advert for Machine Mart. They're selling a 700w generator 'Super Quiet 58db @ 7m' for 270. Mine is 57db @ 7m 48.
like this 1.....

http://www.auroragenerators.com/Launtop-LT950-DC-p-15.html

will look 4 english company that stocks them..samm x

hillwalker
19-05-2007, 20:26
samm, just wild camp, behind a big hedge next to a camp site throw ur cable oor the hedge connect to the hookup , walla hairdryer and kettle free of charge , yi dont need a geni, just a big pair a' ladders to get oor the hedge.. hee hhee .. sorted

19-05-2007, 20:34
samm, just wild camp, behind a big hedge next to a camp site throw ur cable oor the hedge connect to the hookup , walla hairdryer and kettle free of charge , yi dont need a geni, just a big pair a' ladders to get oor the hedge.. hee hhee .. sorted
oi cheeky......ha ha ha ha i just like to have nice hair thats all.....otherwise i have to put me hat on AGAIN!!!:D :D :D .......i want to look nice at the weekends.......i suppose i could get dave to fan it while im styling it eh!!!!! might take 2 hours but it'll look nice :D :D :D

derek500
19-05-2007, 20:45
like this 1.....

The very same, except mine's 240v and blue!!

19-05-2007, 21:35
The very same, except mine's 240v and blue!!
i never noticed the voltage...thanks...will keep an eye out..cheers for info..sammx

grath
19-05-2007, 23:09
:p :confused:
Hi sammcouls always have a no 1 hair cut.
Problem solved.
Just buy a few more hats!
ha ha ha he he he
Fire pit with a long fork for toast

Put the non electric kettle on the fire.
all sorted
regards :D :) :eek: Graham & Kath:eek: :D :p :confused:

Scottish_Lion
20-05-2007, 09:51
like this 1.....

Thats the eact same one as i got from B&Q but mines 230v and not 120v, little diffrence in colour and that but otherwise the exact same.

20-05-2007, 10:31
Thats the eact same one as i got from B&Q but mines 230v and not 120v, little diffrence in colour and that but otherwise the exact same.
going to wrexham today i will take a look there too...thanks scottish lion

derek500
20-05-2007, 10:51

Our local DIY superstore here in Spain (Brico Depot, part of the Kingfisher group that owns B&Q) sells one that looks quite similar but it's rated at 88db.

What is the db rating of the B&Q model?

autosleeper
21-05-2007, 12:41

HI SAM WHATEVER YOU BUY DO NOT BUY A CLARK. WE HAD THREE IN A ROW EVERYONE BROKE DOWN. THEY WERE FROM MACHINE MART. EVENTUALLY WE TRADED THEM IN FOR A KOWASAKI, ELECTRIC START. HAVE HAD THAT ONE FOR 6 YEARS & NEVER GIVEN A MINUTES TROUBLE.

Scottish_Lion
21-05-2007, 15:58
Our local DIY superstore here in Spain (Brico Depot, part of the Kingfisher group that owns B&Q) sells one that looks quite similar but it's rated at 88db.

What is the db rating of the B&Q model?

Just checked the box, the B&Q model is 91db so not much diffrenece between the 2.

21-05-2007, 16:22
Just checked the box, the B&Q model is 91db so not much diffrenece between the 2.
b & q sold out....never mind eh...thanks for info.sammx

derek500
21-05-2007, 18:45
b & q sold out....never mind eh...thanks for info.sammx

Perhaps at 91db it's a good thing. I've done a search on Ebay using "generator 950" as it appears that there are different brand names for similar generators. If you look in the spec, you should find the db rating.

There is quite a lot of difference in noise level between 57-58db and 88-91db.

Decibels Typical sound
0 --- Threshold of hearing
10 --- Rustle of leaves in gentle breeze
10 --- Quiet whisper
20 --- Average whisper
20-50 --- Quiet conversation
40-45 --- Hotel; theater (between performances)
50-65 --- Loud conversation
65-70 --- Traffic on busy street
65-90 --- Train
75-80 --- Factory (light/medium work)
90 --- Heavy traffic
90-100 --- Thunder
110-140 --- Jet aircraft at takeoff
130 --- Threshold of pain
140-190 --- Space rocket at takeoff

Here's one I found (57db) http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MARKSMAN-PETROL-GENERATOR-950-SMALL-COMPACT-240-V-PLUG_W0QQitemZ180118579129QQihZ008QQcategoryZ46412 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

21-05-2007, 19:08
wow thanks derek500...great information...thanks for taking time to look & explain..cheers sam

grath
21-05-2007, 20:32
Made any decisions yet?

21-05-2007, 20:36
Made any decisions yet?
hey you should know me...none of us can make a decision :D :D :D

Biker Jeff
21-05-2007, 20:37
Ha ha... I love the 'Threshold of pain' decibel level.
That was about volume level of my ex missus.

grath
22-05-2007, 18:47
hey you should know me...none of us can make a decision :D :D :D
Kipor or Honda????
Just thing Hair Hair & Hair ha ha ha:D ;) :D ;) :) :cool: :eek:

gordon
22-05-2007, 18:49
health and safty regs say ear protection must be worn if you are working near noise of 75 db

grath
22-05-2007, 18:52
health and safty regs say ear protection must be worn if you are working near noise of 75 db
Gordon, I do not think that Sam will be working except for her right arm (lifting a drink):D :cool: :eek: :p :D

22-05-2007, 20:26
Gordon, I do not think that Sam will be working except for her right arm (lifting a drink):D :cool: :eek: :p :D
oi...............................cheeky devil :D :D :D

30-05-2007, 13:28
hi guys.............thanks for all the info & advice...i have now bought one from ebay.. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=018&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=280119701075&rd=1&rd=1
cant wait to recieve it to try it out :D sammx

hillwalker
30-05-2007, 16:41
hi guys.............thanks for all the info & advice...i have now bought one from ebay.. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=018&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=280119701075&rd=1&rd=1
that,s a crackin wee geni..

rebbyvid
30-05-2007, 16:47

i can come round and plug my hair dryer in that
Rob:D :D :D

30-05-2007, 16:50
i can come round and plug my hair dryer in that
Rob:D :D :D
ha ha ok rob..i only charge a 1 per strand.....:D :D :D

30-05-2007, 16:50
that,s a crackin wee geni..
i see that avatar pic of me is back...i am sooo embarrassed :p

hillwalker
30-05-2007, 17:18
i see that avatar pic of me is back...i am sooo embarrassed :p
nice clean drawers..

30-05-2007, 17:24
nice clean drawers..
thats me!!:D

hillwalker
30-05-2007, 17:53
thats me!!:D
NICE NICKERS SAMM..

grath
30-05-2007, 18:27
Not on Aire de Grath I hope, :eek: except for between the hours of 1000 & 1800.:D
ha ha ha:D

hillwalker
30-05-2007, 18:32
Not on Aire de Grath I hope, :eek: except for between the hours of 1000 & 1800.:D
she's no a wilder any mare , she's got a geni..

grath
30-05-2007, 18:33
:eek:
You have got a satalite dish?????:eek:

30-05-2007, 18:37
i'll have it running at full throttle..doing my hair..watching tv with radio on,toaster going & making a cuppa all at the same time...ha ha ha...weep graham....weep....my wicked side is coming out...:D
http://www.unclebigshotsauce.com/graphics/Animated-Devil.gif

30-05-2007, 18:41
ha ha ha so have youuuuuuuuu.na na na na na :D :D :D
hey im wild cause ya wanna see me hair when iv done it..id put this woman to shame.......
http://www.emailvirals.com/data/media/1/bad-hair-day.jpg
NOW THATS WILD.................:D :D :D

hillwalker
30-05-2007, 18:41
:eek:
You have got a satalite dish?????:eek:
and a geni.. hee hee but i'm as wild as f---k

grath
30-05-2007, 18:43
i'll have it running at full throttle..doing my hair..watching tv with radio on,toaster going & making a cuppa all at the same time...ha ha ha...weep graham....weep....my wicked side is coming out...:D
http://www.unclebigshotsauce.com/graphics/Animated-Devil.gif
I suppose you will have a fire on the grass & let Mille pooh all over, wheel spin getting on & off & empty the toilet down a grid with the paper on top?:eek:

hillwalker
30-05-2007, 18:44
ha ha ha so have youuuuuuuuu.na na na na na :D :D :D
hey im wild cause ya wanna see me hair when iv done it..id put this woman to shame.......
http://www.emailvirals.com/data/media/1/bad-hair-day.jpg
NOW THATS WILD.................:D :D :D
yi wid hive bother drying her hair on tank o' petrol yi wid need a petrol station next ti yi ..

30-05-2007, 18:44
and a geni.. hee hee but i'm as wild as f---k
WE SHOULD MEET UP HILLY SEE WHO IS THE WILDEST!!!!!!
we would have FUN FUN FUN being the wildest one
i cant tell you what i would do....not on here ha ha :D :D :D
http://manoloshoeblog.com/images/badhairs.jpg
this is getting close to my hair!!

hillwalker
30-05-2007, 18:46
whisper..hee hee

30-05-2007, 18:47
I suppose you will have a fire on the grass & let Mille pooh all over, wheel spin getting on & off & empty the toilet down a grid with the paper on top?:eek:
did dave leave paper on the grid.naughty man.....we looked everywhere for that poo millie did............cas found it....:D :D :D
wheel spin....YA MEAN DONUTS!!!!!
fire me...na....where's evidence??? :p

30-05-2007, 18:48
whisper..hee hee
wellllllllllllllllllllllll........................ ..............na meet up with me i'll show ya..ha ha :D :D :D

grath
30-05-2007, 18:49
did dave leave paper on the grid.naughty man.....we looked everywhere for that poo millie did............cas found it....:D :D :D
wheel spin....YA MEAN DONUTS!!!!!
fire me...na....where's evidence??? :p
Good job I live across the road!:D
ha ah he he

grath
30-05-2007, 18:51
Is this your Rocky Horror get up?????????
or is it just a GOOD hair day????:eek:

hillwalker
30-05-2007, 18:53
wellllllllllllllllllllllll........................ ..............na meet up with me i'll show ya..ha ha :D :D :D
get the two geni's the gether and wee'l h'i a power station plenty power for the sky dish and ur hair drier and toaster etc etc

30-05-2007, 18:54
Good job I live across the road!:D
ha ah he he
i will positively behave at your house graham...im an angel!!!
http://www.violablu.net/DoubleclickList/AngelAnimation3.gif

30-05-2007, 18:54
Is this your Rocky Horror get up?????????
or is it just a GOOD hair day????:eek:
ha wait n see xxxxxxxxxxx

30-05-2007, 18:55
get the two geni's the gether and wee'l h'i a power station plenty power for the sky dish and ur hair drier and toaster etc etc
wont need the geni's when ya meet up with me hilly!!!! :p

grath
30-05-2007, 18:58
:D ;) :eek:
Gettin a bit steamy in hear folks

30-05-2007, 19:00
:D ;) :eek:
Gettin a bit steamy in hear folks
ha ha ha we could do with a flirt room...:D :D :D
only playing hilly xxxxxxxxxx
join in graham......:p
naughty naughty sammx

grath
30-05-2007, 19:01
ha ha ha we could do with a flirt room...:D :D :D
only playing hilly xxxxxxxxxx
join in graham......:p
naughty naughty sammx
Cant see through my specs:eek: :D

hillwalker
30-05-2007, 19:01
will u ware ur vw drawers,, yumm yumm

grath
30-05-2007, 19:02
Are they lickable off?:D

30-05-2007, 19:03
graham ya dont need ya specs......:eek:
and hilly i will wear whatever you want me to wear..........:D :D :D

30-05-2007, 19:05
Are they lickable off?:D
just call me smarty pants ;)
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/95/280464775_58c3e8c238.jpg

hillwalker
30-05-2007, 19:06
graham ya dont need ya specs......:eek:
and hilly i will wear whatever you want me to wear..........:D :D :D
i'm all excited.. get ur self a birthday suit..

30-05-2007, 19:10
i'm all excited.. get ur self a birthday suit..
hey...we gotta calm doon here..........iv never flirted with a scots bloke before......rum buggers in they...:D :D :D :D
IM LUVVIN IT :D

hillwalker
30-05-2007, 19:13
hey...we gotta calm doon here..........iv never flirted with a scots bloke before......rum buggers in they...:D :D :D :D
IM LUVVIN IT :D
thers allways a first time .. hhee hhee

30-05-2007, 19:15
thers allways a first time .. hhee hhee
MAKING ME SMILE HILLY...:D :D :D
all this from talking about a geni............i say!!

hillwalker
30-05-2007, 19:20
MAKING ME SMILE HILLY...:D :D :D
all this from talking about a geni............i say!!
a geni a powerfull thing..

rupert
31-05-2007, 08:25
just call me smarty pants ;)
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/95/280464775_58c3e8c238.jpg
Yummy yum yum:D :D

31-05-2007, 12:40
naughty bear :p

hillwalker
31-05-2007, 17:32
i love smartees

01-06-2007, 16:29
i love smartees
you can have my smarties anyday hillwalker....:rolleyes:
my geni has arrived & i just took it out the box...wow heavy or what,slight oil leak in the box???so will see what hubby says when he gets in from work as iv no idea....i cant believe how heavy the damn thing was...and it smells of petrol (i bet ya all shaking ya heads saying typical woman :D )i didnt think it'd smell though...anyway i will report later on it...signing off sammy x

01-06-2007, 16:38
you can have my smarties anyday hillwalker....:rolleyes:
my geni has arrived & i just took it out the box...wow heavy or what,slight oil leak in the box???so will see what hubby says when he gets in from work as iv no idea....i cant believe how heavy the damn thing was...and it smells of petrol (i bet ya all shaking ya heads saying typical woman :D )i didnt think it'd smell though...anyway i will report later on it...signing off sammy x
You would smell if stuck in a little box for 2 days! ha ha he he ha ha:D :p :D :p
edit
seriously though, they all smell when in boxes, but not bad when outside in fresh air!

01-06-2007, 16:44
You would smell if stuck in a little box for 2 days! ha ha he he ha ha:D :p :D :p
edit
seriously though, they all smell when in boxes, but not bad when outside in fresh air!
i was worried about the smell in the van x

01-06-2007, 16:46
i was worried about the smell in the van x
Well, you know where I keep my geny & I don't think you have ever smelt it?
If I lift the bunk up and put my nose to the box, I can smell it then.:eek:
EDIT.
Can't be as bad as Millies F**ts

01-06-2007, 17:06
Well, you know where I keep my geny & I don't think you have ever smelt it?
If I lift the bunk up and put my nose to the box, I can smell it then.:eek:
EDIT.
Can't be as bad as Millies F**ts
ha ha ha ha nothing on this eart can be as bad as her trumpies :D
never smelt yours....whatever "yours" is he he he :D :D :D

01-06-2007, 18:34
Sam, How is the Geny??
Has Dave come home from work and had a play with it??:D

01-06-2007, 19:39
Sam, How is the Geny??
Has Dave come home from work and had a play with it??:D
problems.........will let you know in due course!!
dave is having an eppie at this very mo...so i am quiet in here out the way :o

04-06-2007, 17:37
starter pull cord is knackered..so guy sending out new part so we can fit ourselves...it could only happen to us eh...hhee hhee:D :D

rebbyvid
04-06-2007, 17:57
starter pull cord is knackered..so guy sending out new part so we can fit ourselves...it could only happen to us eh...hhee hhee:D :D
Pull cords nothing its only a piece of cord and easy to fit
Rob

04-06-2007, 18:08
:eek: :D
Pull cords nothing its only a piece of cord and easy to fit
Rob
Some can be easy, & some can be right pigs

04-06-2007, 20:10
:eek: :D
Some can be easy, & some can be right pigs
just what i wanted to hear.....thanx graham :D

04-06-2007, 21:03
just what i wanted to hear.....thanx graham :D
Yes, but all are possible:D

04-06-2007, 21:06
Yes, but all are possible:D
i hope thats a possitive comment hee hee :D :D
you dont want to put me off going on me holiday would you....:(

04-06-2007, 21:10
i hope thats a possitive comment hee hee :D
you dont want to put me off going on me holiday would you....:(
Like I said, some are harder than others, :eek: but all can be done,:cool: just that some are a bit more fiddly than others.;) I have no doubt that Dave will do it ok.:cool:
Go back and do some packing!:p :p :D :D

06-06-2007, 16:39
the recoil has arrived today for the knackered genny....so dave said he may try to fit it tonight if he has time......so i think i will lay low from the throwing of tools & frequent swearing....anything good on tv tonight???:D :D

06-06-2007, 16:43
the recoil has arrived today for the knackered genny....so dave said he may try to fit it tonight if he has time......so i think i will lay low from the throwing of tools & frequent swearing....anything good on tv tonight???:D :D
The one thing in favour of doing it tonight is peace of mind when working!:cool:

06-06-2007, 16:47
The one thing in favour of doing it tonight is peace of mind when working!:cool:
peace of mind for who!!!!!....NOT ME :D :D :D
its gonna do me head in....he will get naggy with me..always does hhee hhee:D :D :D
it must be a man thing eh!!:confused:

06-06-2007, 16:49
peace of mind for who!!!!!....NOT ME :D :D :D
its gonna do me head in....he will get naggy with me..always does hhee hhee:D :D :D
it must be a man thing eh!!:confused:
yes, but Dave can then go on Holiday contented and that will put him in a good mood and reflect on you:D :D :D

06-06-2007, 16:51
yes, but Dave can then go on Holiday contented and that will put him in a good mood and reflect on you:D :D :D
hmmmmmmmm you are thinking as a man thinks.....nice 1 ha ha :D :D
im sure you are right graham..:o

06-06-2007, 21:34
generator is fixed.....tested...it works my hairdryer yeee haaa :D
also we need to go away for the weekend & test it out...i thought it sounded noisy..but hey what do i know about geni's??? not a lot..dave didnt have any probs putting the new recoil on & he didnt swear too much...although why my next door neighbour is walking around with a screwdriver sticking out of his head is anyones guess!!!!:D :D :D
keep you posted when tested for a weekend..although im away for 2 weeks now as im away tomoz (thurs) morning to Zakynthos...talk soon sammx

06-06-2007, 21:39
generator is fixed.....tested...it works my hairdryer yeee haaa :D
also we need to go away for the weekend & test it out...i thought it sounded noisy..but hey what do i know about geni's??? not a lot..dave didnt have any probs putting the new recoil on & he didnt swear too much...although why my next door neighbour is walking around with a screwdriver sticking out of his head is anyones guess!!!!:D :D :D
keep you posted when tested for a weekend..although im away for 2 weeks now as im away tomoz (thurs) morning to Zakynthos...talk soon sammx
Very pleased that geny sorted out. Must be a weight off your & Daves mind.
You can now go on Holiday and enjoy!
See how many motorhomes you see in Greece, I would imagine not many!
Just think of the sun tan you will get! Hey you could build your own motorhome on the beach out of sand, not a sand castle but a sand motorhome:D :p
Have a super holiday
Kath & Graham XXXXXX:cool: :) :cool: :)

06-06-2007, 21:44
Very pleased that geny sorted out. Must be a weight off your & Daves mind.
You can now go on Holiday and enjoy!
See how many motorhomes you see in Greece, I would imagine not many!
Just think of the sun tan you will get! Hey you could build your own motorhome on the beach out of sand, not a sand castle but a sand motorhome:D :p
Have a super holiday
Kath & Graham XXXXXX:cool: :) :cool: :)
prob wont see any on the island of zakynthos.....i hope to see an english 1 though,but never seen 1 yet!!!!:o
i definately wont be making a sandmotorhome.....as id prob try 'n' sleep in it too.hhee hhee :D
im really not into the sunbathing lark..like to explore mainly...although i may squeeze a sunbathing day or 2 in just so i get a decent tan...total torture :o

06-06-2007, 21:46
:cool:
prob wont see any on the island of zakynthos.....i hope to see an english 1 though,but never seen 1 yet!!!!:o
i definately wont be making a sandmotorhome.....as id prob try 'n' sleep in it too.hhee hhee :D
im really not into the sunbathing lark..like to explore mainly...although i may squeeze a sunbathing day or 2 in just so i get a decent tan...total torture :o
Explore the taverna's, sample the grog, enjoy a kebab!:D

06-06-2007, 21:57
:cool:
Explore the taverna's, sample the grog, enjoy a kebab!:D
ha ha ha you know me too well graham....thats only at night time...in the day we normally hire scooters and go aroung the island explring it...once got stuck on a mountain on the scooters..was really scary..anyway we are going to hire push bikes this time....:o prob be ill from heat stroke..:D

25-06-2007, 10:21
geni worked for 15 mins then it revs its n**s off & there is no output..so dave has been in touch with the guy in oxford today & he said he is getting new ones in 5 weeks so he will give us a brand new one instead...straight swap..so i hope he will be true to his word..was totally gutted at the weekend about it...i couldnt even dry my hair!!!:eek: :D :D :D

voxol51
26-06-2007, 02:03
Hi Sam, we had that problem on an old 2 stroke genny. In our case, the cause was the trip switch on the 12v side of things tripping with the vibration. (Not a fault causing it to trip). A bit of duck tape solved that problem.

Voxy.

26-06-2007, 09:41
Hi Sam, we had that problem on an old 2 stroke genny. In our case, the cause was the trip switch on the 12v side of things tripping with the vibration. (Not a fault causing it to trip). A bit of duck tape solved that problem.

Voxy.
cheers ian but its under warranty so back it goes...anyway it doesnt cut out it keeps running but no output....caused way too much bother for my liking so we are gonna change it 4 the new unit he is offering...any meet ups coming up?sammx

05-08-2007, 18:47
finally got the geni sorted.....yee haa!!!
the guy had some new ones come in on thursday so i went down after work to thame in oxford and he gave us a brand new one...we tested it this weekend and it is fabulous.....we had the 2000IG model instead of the 2000TI model...it was very quiet when we ran it..pleased as punch..sammx

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS