PDA

View Full Version : Buxworth 20th April 2012 Meet

Pages : [1] 2

grath
10-01-2012, 15:38
THIS MEET IS NOW FULL AND NO ALTERNATES ARE BEING TAKEN.

A meet has been arranged at The Navigation Inn, Buxworth SK23 7NE
commencing on Friday 20th April 2012 and closing on Sunday 22nd April 2012.
No charge for parking and Jan, the landlady says that depending on numbers attending, she may be able to supply a band (no promises)
I don't know anything about this pub, other than the link which has been provided and other members who know the place say that it is a nice location, alongside the canal.
Please copy and paste the names already listed in the last post to show the list, and then add your user name to the list.
Lets have a great meet and get to know everybody.:have fun:

Buxworth - Google Maps (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Buxworth&aq=0&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=14.066575,30.27832&vpsrc=6&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Buxworth,+Derbyshire,+United+Kingdom&ll=53.335274,-1.968151&spn=0.001733,0.00574&t=k&z=18&layer=c&cbll=53.335333,-1.968057&panoid=dejqQzBVWbvKVCyveJ_yzw&cbp=12,84.88,,0,2).

http://www.navigationinn.co.uk/menus.html

IMPORTANT
WE ARE ONLY ALLOWED TO USE THE PUB CAR PARK.
PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND FOR OVERNIGHT PARKING IF NOT BOOKED IN.
PLEASE DO NOT OVERNIGHT PARK ON THE CANAL SIDE OR SURROUNDING AREAS.

List of names up to now

1 Haamster
2 Rwhites1
3 lotty + Hubby & Eddie
4 Steve and Elaine
5 Nij
6 DTDog + 2 (Jack and Shirley).
7 rolandrat
8 Canalsman (Chris)
9 kellyjohn
10 Al & Sal
11 Phil admin
12 Mr & Mrs Basildog, Neo, and Keara
12A Kimbowbill, Henry & Keisha
14 Tillytom (+1?)
15 Oldish hippy
16 Jeffmossy
17 jeffmossy's mum & dad
18 mustardseed
19 Bearhug & cub
20 oscillator+ partner (hope)
21 beemer +
22 Anna1976
23 MOS and sallydog
24 Lorry Ball, Janet and dog Zara (hopefully)
25 Red ted
26 John t
27 Nomadsue2011
28 Robmac

might make it
firefox
old_arthur & jan

Will probably make it (wilding nearby):
Whitevanwoman + Rigg the pig

Marshals will be there on Friday to assist with parking

Canalsman
10-01-2012, 17:01
A little more local info ...

There's a Tesco in Whaley Bridge for all your essential provisions, and also a full range of shops ...

Find Tesco here http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=53.336511,-1.98168&num=1&t=h&vpsrc=6&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=53.336037,-1.978741&spn=0.006932,0.014784&z=16

Canalsman
10-01-2012, 17:05
I would imagine that water should be obtainable at the pub ...

MOS
10-01-2012, 17:38
i have attended one or two boat rallies and waterways gatherings at the bacin here (cough !SPANNER) .there is WAter at the canal side if you have a watermate key .
nice walks nice town ,nice pub nice food, so nice realy i supose :have fun:

channa
10-01-2012, 18:09
What is the gig with all these meets this venue and elsewhere? I thought we were about wildcamping ? .....next post will be the idea of a committee a couple of years we will be rivalling the CC and C&cc .....

These meets in my mind amount to a rally ...which the main two offer ...I am confused.

And when you rally , I am not sure there is a unique selling point any different to the Big Two .... Organisation those doing the telling those who need to be told what to do ....?

Channa

DTDog
10-01-2012, 18:32
I've been there and got the T-shirt for organised Rallies (committee member for several years on Trent Valley DA).
Several large diffrences from 'Organised Rallies'.
NO 20ft rule
NO organised bingo / walk / Karijoki / raffle
NO 10 O'clock coffee morning on Sunday at the marshals van.

What these 'Rallies or Meets' ARE offering is a chance to meet up with like minded people who have built up friendships through the other times we have had similar meets.

I do now were you are coming from, but meeting other members face to face is a great way to meet new friends. There is nothing I like more than taking the family out in the van to a remote out of the way 'Wildcamping area' with only each other for company, but then again I also like to meet up with other 'wilders' and swaping stories over a beer or three on other ocassions.

If for some reason you want to go to 'Buxworth' but to be the only van there, can I suggest avoiding the weekend of April 20th. I get the feeling it will be rather busy with people having fun.
If however you are up for a bit of fun and okay about having several new neigbours for a weekend, then I look forward to meeting you at Buxworth. Choice. Thats what it's all about.

rebbyvid
10-01-2012, 18:53
Believe it was once owned by elsie tanner for you coronation st lovers

jeffmossy
10-01-2012, 19:31
We are up for it put us down for 2 motorhomes as my parents are also comming :D

Viktor
10-01-2012, 22:06
Grath + Lady Tramp
NicknClair
lotty + Hubby & Eddie
Steve and Elaine
Marilyn + Peter (if we can - can't promise)
DTDog + 2 (Jack and Shirley).
Amethyst + boss if possible
Canalsman (Chris)
kellyjohn
herbenny (Jac and Hubby)
Phil admin
Mr & Mrs Basildog, Neo, and Keara
Kimbowbill, Henry & Keisha
Tillytom (+1?)
scotsy (and bailey the dog)
rebbyvid
Jeffmossy
jeffmossy's mum & dad
Somelier (including partner and collie)
VikTor

lotty
10-01-2012, 22:08
I hope there will be room left for us when we get there on the Saturday morning!!:scared:

Canalsman
10-01-2012, 23:01
I hope there will be room left for us when we get there on the Saturday morning!!:scared:

Don't panic - there's parking on the other side of the road from the pub as well. Oodles of room :)

Haaamster
12-01-2012, 19:54
Can you put me down as a reserve please, it looks like my mate wants to rent my property later than he first wanted to, putting my trip abroad back a while. I will of course drop out if there are other definates. Should be a good meet, only 27 miles from me too.

patricia
13-01-2012, 18:02
Went to the navigation inn a lot of years ago Elsie Tanner owned it from Coronation st. Alan Howard was serving on and she was clearing tables .

herbenny
13-01-2012, 19:21
Thanks Jen, I found Jan and Rod her husband were very helpful.

It would be lovely if they could organise a live band !!! ........fingers crossed !!:dance:

kimbowbill
13-01-2012, 19:33
It would be lovely if they could organise a live band !!! ........fingers crossed !!:dance:

we spoke about that tonight, if numbers stay up she is going to look into it, lets just hope for dry weather so we can get some nice walks in. xx

kimbowbill
13-01-2012, 22:20
I posted a suggestion for a march/April meet somewhere, just 1 week ago, a date was set, a location was agreed by all, then confirmed, 27 vans now attending, WOW, what a great communtiy, i think we need to run the country, we get things done, dont we?

Canalsman
14-01-2012, 23:42
The road opposite is used by the Inland Waterways Protection Society - IWPS- but I don't know if they own it or (more likely) lease it from British Waterways.

IWPS was the driving force behind restoring all the basins and canal sections around Buxworth, a project that started in the 1960s if I recall correctly.

Their website can be found here Bugsworth Basin - IWPS Home Page (http://www.brocross.com/iwps/) and I commend it to everyone who has an interest in where we are meeting. It's a very significant industrial archaelogy site.

If we think we might need to use the road for parking, my suggestion is this, and we might wish to do this anyway, let's have a whip round for IWPS to contribute to their fundraising. I am certain the pub would welcome the idea :)

grath
15-01-2012, 07:45
Jan the ladndlady did tell me that the protection society owned the road, but in either case if either the protection society or British Waterways own or lease the road it is no longer public and I would doubt that we would have any right to park there and even less right to sleep overnight.
Good idea about the whip round!, might work, but at this stage we dont know if we would need it and we don't know how many will drop out.
The pubs concern is that other M/Hs arrive who are nothing to do with this forum and park in OUR reserved places as the pub does not know the members and I doubt they would want to have someone standing outside marshalling. Maybe we need a volunteer marshal, just for this one issue?
Many non members and members from other forums read the Wildcamping forum and unfortunately, at this stage it looks like we just don't have any extra room to accommodate ant that arrived or gatecrashed.

grath
15-01-2012, 07:53
It might be a case of sending a copy of the list to the pub and all on the list to report in on arrival?? Might help her keep tabs on who's in the CP at the time. Not only that, gives me an excuse for a pint :cheers:

But that won't stop any other M/H or group just turning up and parking. I am sure that the pub will be much too busy to have anything to do with marshalling the car park. Attendance numbers have by far exceeded what was expected.
I am sure that between Jan and Jen, they will come up with a workable solution. I should not have got involved again after Jen taking this over as you know the old saying, "Too many cooks", sorry Jen, I will butt out!

DTDog
15-01-2012, 10:13
If I remember correctly, isn't there a lane going down the other side of the canal that would fit vans on should the carpark get over crowded??

I spoke to Jen last night and much as it probably goes against the informality of the forum (free and relaxed, with no organisation) we may have to do a little bit of marshaling for this meet. I am happy to help with this if needed.

One way we could all help is to park as close to the next van in line as we can and to not 'save places' for friends turning up later. It's hard enough getting large motorhomes parked up in a tight space as it is and saving places will only add to this. IF you realy NEED be next to your bezzy mate that much, then meet up somewere just before Buxworth and drive in together?

Okay, so we possibly may be going down the same path as the 'two large camping organisations', but I promise NOT to have a raffle or coffee morning on Sunday morning!!

grath
15-01-2012, 10:25
Hi DTDog, Jan told me last night that she does NOT think that we can use that lane! (Private RD):cry:
Agree about we would want it informal and not like the CC and C & CC and that we probably do need a Marshal. You got the job if you want it:dance: A big thank you!
Also, in retrospect, I think that I was wrong in contacting the pub last night and that we should leave all contact to one person (Jen) otherwise the Navigation might get swamped with requests and queries and get pi**ed off.
Let's hear what Jen says.
Think she may have overslept:cry:

DTDog
15-01-2012, 10:57
With regards to this new found position of Marshal!!

I am more than willing to turn up early Friday morning and stand (with my Hi-Viz jacket on) and help line vans up as they arrive, but do not then want GRIEF from anyone for me doing this.

So, I ask that if ANYONE isn't happy with me doing this then please say so NOW before the event, so we can hopefully come up with a better compromise and not wait till the event and start kicking up a fuss.

The same about the idea of 'no saving spaces'. Please voice objections before rather than during the event.

Any other ideas???

grath
15-01-2012, 11:11
So what are you going to do if 10 or more vans turn up from a different forum and take our spaces.
This is the pubs concern! as they just don't have extra space.
No body wants anything rigid, but with the numbers involves a little bit of organization might be helpful.
Any other better ideas would be welcome.
edit
Nobody is asking for rules and regulations and saying you can't park here or you can't park there or you have too much space.
We just want to be able to park and be sure of spaces.

Lorry Ball
15-01-2012, 11:31
So what are you going to do if 10 or more vans turn up from a different forum and take our spaces.
This is the pubs concern! as they just don't have extra space.
No body wants anything rigid, but with the numbers involves a little bit of organization might be helpful.
Any other better ideas would be welcome.
edit
Nobody is asking for rules and regulations and saying you can't park here or you can't park there or you have too much space.
We just want to be able to park and be sure of spaces.

I was thinking of turning up early with my Hi-vis, an helping.....

:idea: How about a window sticker

maybe park, one van facing in, the next facing out, so that the side doors are facing each other, it could save some space..:confused:

Lorry :drive:

grath
15-01-2012, 11:39
Thanks,
Don't think we need to park quite that tight and door to door as a little privacy is nice.
I was thinking of the people who are not arriving until the Saturday as I know there are a couple.

How about fire buckets and fire extinguishers:confused::scared::scared::confused:

GOT YA:dance: only joking:raofl::lol-049::lol-049::lol-049:

Viktor
15-01-2012, 11:54

http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/attachments/wild-camping-meets-gatherings/4156d1326630097t-buxworth-20th-april-2012-meet-img031.jpg (http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/attachments/wild-camping-meets-gatherings/4156d1326630250-buxworth-20th-april-2012-meet-img031.jpg)

maybe park, one van facing in, the next facing out, so that the side doors are facing each other, it could save some space..:confused:

Lol...Nice one....that could be printed onto a 10x15 photograph and fixed to the inside of the windscreen with clear tape...making one now.

grath
15-01-2012, 11:58
I was thinking of turning up early with my Hi-vis, an helping.....

Well done, I didn't realize it could be blown up to sticker size. Great idea!:dance:

oldish hippy
15-01-2012, 12:18
well if i turn up wheres the nearest bus shelter for me to park in or awning,could bring my awning and park in that no on will know iwas there or park on someones moped rack lol

Viktor
15-01-2012, 12:28
These would be very dear to mass print properly (around 150) for about 70 ish min amount...here's what it looks like on the 10x15 photograph card cut to shape set on an Xtravision DVD case for scale.

Lorry Ball
15-01-2012, 12:36
:idea:

just a thought............

As the pubs by the canal, how about finding out about any boat rides on the Saturday ?

whitevanwoman
15-01-2012, 12:48
Lol...Nice one....that could be printed onto a 10x15 photograph and fixed to the inside of the windscreen with clear tape...making one now.

Beware - condensation... will need to laminate or put in plastic wallet

grath
15-01-2012, 13:11
As I am a tight arse, retired with no income , I will just print one off:)

Beemer
15-01-2012, 15:01
:idea-007:
er if there is room for a small (7.5m)one, we would like to attend?
:)

jeffmossy
15-01-2012, 15:34

Put yer name down as a reserve and when somebody drops out you can jump in their place :idea-007:

john t
15-01-2012, 15:55

Working that weekend, we may pop over on the m'bike in the afternoon to show our faces.!

jt

lotty
15-01-2012, 15:59
Jan the ladndlady did tell me that the protection society owned the road, but in either case if either the protection society or British Waterways own or lease the road it is no longer public and I would doubt that we would have any right to park there and even less right to sleep overnight.
Good idea about the whip round!, might work, but at this stage we dont know if we would need it and we don't know how many will drop out.
The pubs concern is that other M/Hs arrive who are nothing to do with this forum and park in OUR reserved places as the pub does not know the members and I doubt they would want to have someone standing outside marshalling. Maybe we need a volunteer marshal, just for this one issue?
Many non members and members from other forums read the Wildcamping forum and unfortunately, at this stage it looks like we just don't have any extra room to accommodate ant that arrived or gatecrashed.

What about everyone who is attending sends a PM to Kimbowbill or our marshall DTdog with their registration number on. then they can have a copy of who is coming and maybe even send a copy to the pub??
Then DTdog can check us in as we arrive?

grath
15-01-2012, 16:05

Get ya name down pretty damn quick as some folks are bound to drop out and the 30 number was only approximate anyway
Welcome and enjoy

grath
15-01-2012, 16:06
What about everyone who is attending sends a PM to Kimbowbill or our marshall DTdog with their registration number on. then they can have a copy of who is coming and maybe even send a copy to the pub??
Then DTdog can check us in as we arrive?

perfect:dance:

channa
15-01-2012, 16:13
Im not coming, but in respect of parking hows about ....Dtdog turning up early , liasing with the licencee, cordon off the area of the CP they want you to park and you sort yourselves out ? ( someone must know a friendly copper do not cross line etc ....perhaps a reserved sign too.)

Im not being funny, but if 30 vans do turn up and you cant work it in the area allocated out it would be a sad state of affairs....this way no one feels organised is my point

Other forums , casual call ins will park in the other part of the cp ?

Of course, closer the time a few will drop out and therefore a true expected number can be volunteered a few days before hand so the licencee can maximise their income potential and allocate sufficient space.

Channa

Viktor
15-01-2012, 18:15
I'm intending to be in Huddersfield from Tuesday morning and may well be able to turn up early to assist....I'll know nearer the time....I might even be able to arrive late Thursday or even Friday morning before noon....I imagine most will arrive late afternoon Friday?

Polly
15-01-2012, 18:38
Hia

sorry I will have to drop out but that is good news for Beemer

I am making my way up to Scotland and couldn't decide when to go April to May or July to August so you would have worked it out that it is going to be earlier than later so sorry but i am sure we will meet up again sometime enjoy yourselves

kimbowbill
15-01-2012, 19:51
Grath, by all means contact the pub but you need to let me know if you will be continuing to liaise with them. i had allready spoke to jan about the extra field but decided not to post as yet as did not want to dissapoint any memebers if we could not have the field, it still is early days and people will drop out.

grath
15-01-2012, 19:55
Jan, you were not about (abwl) and I thought I was helping.
As I posted above, I will butt out.
We are still at 30 vans, unless I can,t count as well as can,t spell

kimbowbill
15-01-2012, 20:00
Jan, you were not about (abwl) and I thought I was helping.
As I posted above, I will butt out.

lol, dont want you to butt out, but we just need one to liaise with pub thats all, i can butt out, if you wana keep her updated thats great, was just standing in for a while due to sudden change in circs, now that YOU ARE coming you can put your office head back in and do the updating, i can organise the reg list nearer the time, no probs, as long as we know who is doing what xx

grath
15-01-2012, 20:04
lol, dont want you to butt out, but we just need one to liaise with pub thats all, i can butt out, if you wana keep her updated thats great, was just standing in for a while due to sudden change in circs, now that YOU ARE coming you can put your office head back in and do the updating, i can organise the reg list nearer the time, no probs, as long as we know who is doing what xx

If you had read the above posts,I also posted that I should NOT have contacted the Navigation and only one person should have contact. Again sorry, I can't say more, it's your baby now!

The count is still 30

kimbowbill
15-01-2012, 20:05
I am happy to go up on the Thursday night, me Keisha and Henry will be on guard with our high vis jackets, lol, seriously i am free to go up and assist with parking, jan is happy to turn cars away to accommodate us all, i assume this extends to members of any other forum unless they put their names down here, they would be more than welcome to join us, i would say. I have no issues with other forums joining us but i think it would only be fair for them to register their interest as it such a large meet and limited spaces., just my thoughts.

grath
15-01-2012, 20:10
I am sure that between Jan and Jen, they will come up with a workable solution. I should not have got involved again after Jen taking this over as you know the old saying, "Too many cooks", sorry Jen, I will butt out!

Here is the post

grath
15-01-2012, 20:14
Hi DTDog,
Also, in retrospect, I think that I was wrong in contacting the pub last night and that we should leave all contact to one person (Jen) otherwise the Navigation might get swamped with requests and queries and get pi**ed off.
Let's hear what Jen says.
Think she may have overslept:cry:

And here

grath
15-01-2012, 21:21
Jen, to clarify, I only contacted the pub in your absence as the 30 allocated spaces were full and I did not want it to put off prospective attendees as we had been told that it may be possible to park across the rd'
I asked for confirmation of this and that was all, nothing else and nothing more.
Incidentally, if you read the posts, I was not the only person to contact the pub, I believe that myself and the op were only trying to be helpful.

Canalsman
15-01-2012, 21:28
I would suggest that the landlady put some cones across the car park entrance if possible - with a suitable sign such as 'Reserved for private party'.

Rubbertramp
15-01-2012, 21:35
I would suggest that the landlady put some cones across the car park entrance if possible - with a suitable sign such as 'Reserved for private party'.

Ah-hem!...excuse me...who gave you permission to nick a southern softie custom. Ours is the meet that is putting scones out to reserve our parking spaces....Suggest you use something else...black puddings perhaps?:p

kimbowbill
15-01-2012, 21:47
Ah-hem!...excuse me...who gave you permission to nick a southern softie custom. Ours is the meet that is putting scones out to reserve our parking spaces....Suggest you use something else...black puddings perhaps?:p

erm excuse me......... but we've got Henry, ner ner, who by the way would eat all the black puddin so not a good idea, :dance:

kimbowbill
15-01-2012, 21:50

Well all being well me Grath, DT dog and Lotty are going to go up for a mini meet at some point, then we can discuss tactics, stratergy etc, lol, think we might need the Army to be deployed how things are going

channa
15-01-2012, 21:54

No dig at you , but I wonder if people ever take the trouble to read ..I suggested this at 5.00 pm tonight

channa

kimbowbill
15-01-2012, 21:56
No dig at you , but I wonder if people ever take the trouble to read ..I suggested this at 5.00 pm tonight

channa

Awwwww sweatheart, is nobody listening to you, lol,

channa
15-01-2012, 22:10
Awwwww sweatheart, is nobody listening to you, lol,

Is that sweatheart or sweetheart ??? lol ...:cry: Itry to help in my own little way , hopefully come april I will be selling toffee apples and candy floss hence the reason I cant grace with my presence.

I dont knock the fact there is a meet and oneday I hope I can put a face to the names here.....the fact I am not attending doesnt mean I dont care..

My posts are always posted I hope in the right spirit ...I was merely pointing out, that canalsmans suggestion I had suggested too earlier.

Channa

kimbowbill
15-01-2012, 22:35
Is that sweatheart or sweetheart ??? lol ...:cry: Itry to help in my own little way , hopefully come april I will be selling toffee apples and candy floss hence the reason I cant grace with my presence.

I dont knock the fact there is a meet and oneday I hope I can put a face to the names here.....the fact I am not attending doesnt mean I dont care..

My posts are always posted I hope in the right spirit ...I was merely pointing out, that canalsmans suggestion I had suggested too earlier.

Channa

sorry my spelling is pants, sweetheart, lol, i love reading your posts Channa, you are well respected in this community, xx

channa
15-01-2012, 22:40
sorry my spelling is pants, sweetheart, lol, i love reading your posts Channa, you are well respected in this community, xx

I will blush now stop it ..my mum reckons I am cute when I blush xxx

Channa

kimbowbill
15-01-2012, 22:44
I will blush now stop it ..my mum reckons I am cute when I blush xxx

Channa

well your mum would, so did Shrecks mum :wacko:

channa
15-01-2012, 22:54
well your mum would, so did Shrecks mum :wacko:

ta :wacko: I will drift into my slumber comforted with that fact

Channa

kimbowbill
15-01-2012, 22:55
Jen, to clarify, I only contacted the pub in your absence as the 30 allocated spaces were full and I did not want it to put off prospective attendees as we had been told that it may be possible to park across the rd'
I asked for confirmation of this and that was all, nothing else and nothing more.
Incidentally, if you read the posts, I was not the only person to contact the pub, I believe that myself and the op were only trying to be helpful.

Sorry Graham, but who else phoned the pub? cant find it

kimbowbill
15-01-2012, 23:19
i have started to recieve PM's with Reg plates, i am aware that not all members can pm me, my email address is jenny.kimba@blueyonder.co.uk if peeps want to email me their number.

I think the suggestion for a sticker is good, however, anyone can down load this, i think the reg plate is adequte proof you have booked your place, as i have said earlier if anyone has missed it, i dont have a problem with members coming from other forums, as long as they submit their names, i'm sure Jan will be happy to caudon the area off as a private party and I will ring her in a couple of weeks to confirm this.

Canalsman
15-01-2012, 23:20
Well all being well me Grath, DT dog and Lotty are going to go up for a mini meet at some point, then we can discuss tactics, stratergy etc, lol, think we might need the Army to be deployed how things are going

I can drift over too if you like - I live just a short distance away ...

kimbowbill
15-01-2012, 23:24
I can drift over too if you like - I live just a short distance away ...

Sorry Chris, yes you of course, xx

grath
16-01-2012, 07:14
Sorry Graham, but who else phoned the pub? cant find it

Post 95 and I believe it was done with the best intentions:boat:

Hey Chris, you had not been forgotten,:bow: if I remember right, you suggested it when I said I would go over and have a look at the meet location.:boat:

kimbowbill
16-01-2012, 07:24

Hey Chris, you had not been forgotten,:bow: if I remember right, you suggested it when I said I would go over and have a look at the meet location.:boat:

ok Graham, think theres crossed wires here, easy done, i did it with van numbers,doh. Post 95 is Dt dog who is dave, he said he spoke to Jen, this is me, Jan is the landlady, lol, i know you have referred to me as Jan, dave hasn't rang the pub, i think it must be an age thingy, but as siad before, all sorted now, :heart:

Yes Chris did suggest it and i think it would make sense to have a mini get together to discuss tacticts, you can compensate me there Graham for the trauma you have caused me :lol-061:

JEN :lol-061:

grath
16-01-2012, 07:29
ok Graham, think you can compensate me there Graham for the trauma you have caused me :lol-061:

JEN :lol-061:

OOPPS, I got Jan & Jen mixed up! Sorry!
Looks like we both did not read properly!

Tother way round me thinks:idea-007::hammer::sucks::bow::lol-053::lol-053::lol-053::lol-053::lol-053::lol-053::lol-053::raofl::raofl::raofl::raofl::raofl:

kimbowbill
16-01-2012, 07:36
OOPPS, I got Jan & Jen mixed up! Sorry!
Looks like we both did not read properly!

Tother way round me thinks:idea-007::hammer::sucks::bow::lol-053::lol-053::lol-053::lol-053::lol-053::lol-053::lol-053::raofl::raofl::raofl::raofl::raofl:

i read it properly :dance::dance::dance: this is why i was confused :confused: lol, eeee by gum, thats over with then xx

grath
16-01-2012, 07:40
i read it properly :dance::dance::dance: this is why i was confused :confused: lol, eeee by gum, thats over with then xx

Oh No you didn't:cry: and don't say Oh yes I did because Oh no you didn't:raofl::raofl::lol-049::cheers::cheers:

Somelier
16-01-2012, 09:11
i have started to recieve PM's with Reg plates, i am aware that not all members can pm me, my email address is jenny.kimba@blueyonder.co.uk if peeps want to email me their number.

Email sent:)

Firefox
16-01-2012, 12:28
might make it
hippy (10ft x5ft) in other word bus shelter dependent on how i am and how cold it is but not to worry will find a hedge to park it in wont be first time lol

Likewise! It's too far ahead for me to plan. But if I can make it, I don't need a carpark, I can stealth camp anywhere.

MOS
16-01-2012, 13:25

This is starting to feel like the wife's slimming club (localy known as the gourmets society )they have a reccy to the restaurant before they book the monthly meal out ,they do this two weeks in advance ,so they actualy go fortnightly ,but claim its a once monthly meal :lol-053::lol-053::lol-053:

Deleted user 21925
16-01-2012, 14:23
Would love to attend;

oldish hippy
16-01-2012, 14:48
sorry must have crossed posts

kimbowbill
16-01-2012, 15:41
I have been asked if i could arrange a boat trip. Everyone is free to do exactly what they want, i am collating information for the parking and keeping pub up to date with situation this doesn't mean i am organising trips n things, its everyones meet and you all please yur selfs what you do when your there. i mite make the odd cup o tea but thats if folks nowt else. :dance:

If anyone wants to start organising stuff could you be so kind as to start another thread, this is getting to be the biggest in WC history i guess

thanks

jen

PS dont forget to send me your reg plates, email or pm me

xxxxx

DTDog
16-01-2012, 16:17
i mite make the odd cup o tea but thats if folks nowt else. :dance:

xxxxx

NO you cant make cups of tea and coffee ...... it will be just like a Camping & Caravan meet and we wouldn't want that !!

Next you'll be organising bingo followed by a raffle ........... I'll get Shirley's mum to make some buns to sell at coffee morning!!

Canalsman
16-01-2012, 16:26
This is the only boat trip that I know of in the area Judith Mary (http://www.judithmary.co.uk/index.html)

grath
16-01-2012, 17:12
Talking of narrowboat trips has bought back memories when I Skippered a horse drawn narrowboat, the Iona for a TV shoot on Blue Peter. Many many moons ago!

here she is
http://www.horseboat.org.uk/home.htm#boat

kimbowbill
16-01-2012, 17:26
NO you cant make cups of tea and coffee ...... it will be just like a Camping & Caravan meet and we wouldn't want that !!

Next you'll be organising bingo followed by a raffle ........... I'll get Shirley's mum to make some buns to sell at coffee morning!!

pfft, why dont you make the buns Dave? lol

DTDog
16-01-2012, 17:51
pfft, why dont you make the buns Dave? lol

Have you seen my buns ..... NO, not them buns!!!

jeffmossy
16-01-2012, 17:58

I think the suggestion for a sticker is good, however, anyone can down load this, i think the reg plate is adequte proof you have booked your place, as i have said earlier if anyone has missed it, i dont have a problem with members coming from other forums, as long as they submit their names, i'm sure Jan will be happy to caudon the area off as a private party and I will ring her in a couple of weeks to confirm this.

Reg No sent.......Cheers Jen

oldish hippy
16-01-2012, 18:48
. i mite make the odd cup o tea but thats if folks nowt else.
thanks

jen

xxxxx
how about coffee
well if imake it going to need strong black coffee as soon as i arrive and probaly a hour kip after trying to untangle my self to get comfotable after long drive but coffee is important probaly emptied the flask on the way up i survive on caffiene little sleep and my myself and i for company

Admin
16-01-2012, 18:59
i have updated the list in the first post

Deleted user 21925
16-01-2012, 19:52
Not sure if I am on list or not at the moment. My fault for cocking up my first post and leaving off Haamster! I would like to attend if there is room though.

Apologies all round, not used to these thready things!

Rob

kimbowbill
16-01-2012, 20:15
Not sure if I am on list or not at the moment. My fault for cocking up my first post and leaving off Haamster! I would like to attend if there is room though.

Apologies all round, not used to these thready things!

Rob

Hi Rob, your on the list, if you go to the first post, its all been updated there, yeah you made a mess o things, ney mind lad, it or8 na, lol, hope you can understand yorkshire, one other thing, i dont know if you have seen, i am requesting reg plates to submit to landlady as proof you have booked your place, you can email me it at jenny.kimba@blueyonder.co.uk

thaks
Jen

HYMERNUT STAN
16-01-2012, 20:37
hiya to everybody this is my 1st attempt at writing a blog [or tweet],so if i seem to ramble on please be kind to me, and i will keep trying to understand

this computor thing, Iam looking forward to the gathering at the Navigation inn so that i can talk to a few fellow campers,i hope it will be a good start to

the season,I wish you all well..

channa
16-01-2012, 20:41
I think you need to get your name down Stan, ? BTW I love your name hymernut stan it dsounds like a small country somewhere south of Sibera .

Sure Jenny will advise

channa

Ps Welcome

jeffmossy
16-01-2012, 20:47
I think you need to get your name down Stan, ? BTW I love your name hymernut stan it dsounds like a small country somewhere south of Sibera .

Sure Jenny will advise

channa

Ps Welcome

think he is on the list no 28 :)

channa
16-01-2012, 20:51
ooop missed it Specsavers in the morning for me

Channa

grath
16-01-2012, 20:54
think he is on the list no 28 :)

Yes, I put hymernut stan on the list other day.

grath
16-01-2012, 20:59
hiya to everybody this is my 1st attempt at writing a blog [or tweet],so if i seem to ramble on please be kind to me, and i will keep trying to understand

this computor thing, Iam looking forward to the gathering at the Navigation inn so that i can talk to a few fellow campers,i hope it will be a good start to

the season,I wish you all well..

Hi Stan, good to see you have found your way to posting:cheers::wave:

Haaamster
17-01-2012, 07:21
Ok looks like I am definately going to miss out on my prefered date to go abroad and will be able to make the meet.
I know I have missed out being on the list thanks to my mate :mad1: but can I replace the first person that drops out please, sorry for messing you about.

Haaamster
17-01-2012, 09:35
Oooh thank you Arthur, why are you not going now? Not because of me I hope.

Somelier
17-01-2012, 10:19
ooop missed it Specsavers in the morning for me

Channa

Not if you want to see properly with comfortable glasses!!!!

Old_Arthur
17-01-2012, 10:58
Oooh thank you Arthur, why are you not going now? Not because of me I hope.

nooo !! it's just me i was only half hearted to start with so i would sooner let some one who is really up for it go :baby:

oldish hippy
17-01-2012, 12:46
well old arthur add your name to might be's

kimbowbill
17-01-2012, 22:20
PLEASE USE THIS THREAD AND NOT ANY OTHER TO ADD YOUR USER NAME, otherwise names will be all over the place. This is the only thread we will be using to confirm space.
Thanks

PLEASE NOTE
The meet has just been confirmed with the Navigation. (1900hrs 10th Jan 2012)

First to arrive.

The Landlady says please park at the far end of the car park and don't worry about blocking the road off as it is not a through road.

Don't forget Guys, this is not my meet, but YOUR MEET. I just booked it with the Navigation on your behalf.
Enjoy and have FUN

NicknClair
18-01-2012, 20:10
"PLEASE NOTE
The meet has just been confirmed with the Navigation. (1900hrs 10th Jan 2012)"

I'm hoping that this is a typo Kimbowbill, as the meets on the 20th!:lol-053:

Old_Arthur
18-01-2012, 20:48
"PLEASE NOTE

i think thats the date of confirmation if not it's bin an gone

grath
19-01-2012, 07:24
"PLEASE NOTE

The date of the meet is in the header and in the first paragraph of my post (POST1 of this thread)
The date and time that you mention was when I confirmed the meet with the Navigation.
The full post of post 1 has not been copied and pasted in full.
So you do NOT need to time travel:lol-053:

NicknClair
19-01-2012, 22:22
The date of the meet is in the header and in the first paragraph of my post (POST1 of this thread)
The date and time that you mention was when I confirmed the meet with the Navigation.
The full post of post 1 has not been copied and pasted in full.
So you do NOT need to time travel:lol-053:

Damm, I'll take the flux Capasitor back to Doc Brown for a refund :lol-049:

kimbowbill
20-01-2012, 22:22
Damm, I'll take the flux Capasitor back to Doc Brown for a refund :lol-049:

remind me to tell you a funny story about the flux capasitor when on our meet

kimbowbill
20-01-2012, 22:24
For those who have not submitted their reg numbers, either by PM or email, can you please send them me, this is confirmation of your place and i do need to inform jan at the pub where we are at, many thanks

jen

rwhites1
23-01-2012, 14:23
cold you add me to the list Rwhites1
Bob & jan & molly dog

kimbowbill
23-01-2012, 18:25
cold you add me to the list Rwhites1
Bob & jan & molly dog

Hi Bob

I will put you on the reserve list, we are fully booked up at the moment, i have got your reg plate, thanks, i wll add you to the reserve list for now and as soon as a place comes available i will put you in

jen xx

kimbowbill
23-01-2012, 19:08
Ionly just gave her the reg number and already there is several identical vans with our number for sale on the net !!!!!!!

bugga, you found me out :dance:

kellyjohn
23-01-2012, 19:35
hi jen will send reg when back in lincolnshire cheers john

kimbowbill
24-01-2012, 20:02
hi jen will send reg when back in lincolnshire cheers john

ok pal, no worries xx

MOS
24-01-2012, 20:27
Hi Jen
i will let you have the reg No as soon as i decide wich one ime coming in ,hope to have mavis done ,but if not it will be brian again
Geoff :rolleyes2:

kimbowbill
24-01-2012, 23:42
Hi Jen
i will let you have the reg No as soon as i decide wich one ime coming in ,hope to have mavis done ,but if not it will be brian again
Geoff :rolleyes2:

ok no worries, if you cant decide just give me both then i will have an extra one to sell :lol-053::lol-053::lol-053:

rebbyvid
29-01-2012, 18:37
Was in Buxworth today for a bit of a stroll so took a few pics for you. Heres the link as 20 +pics
buxworth derbyshire pictures by rebbyvid - Photobucket (http://s161.photobucket.com/albums/t203/rebbyvid/buxworth%20derbyshire/)

NicknClair
29-01-2012, 18:43
Looks spot on!!!! Can't wait!!!!!:cheers::cheers:

grath
29-01-2012, 18:45
Thanks Rob, we also may be going soon for a couple of nights.
Looks nice

rebbyvid
29-01-2012, 18:55
Should be nice by april ,did have a half in the pub ,plenty of ales and not rip off prices ,food reasonably priced too ,didnt see the landlady or landlord as they must have been in the kitchen as it was sunday lunch , open fires and plenty of rooms a fair few walkers and for you doggie people plenty of dogs. Up at Bamford near Castleton next weekend then most of Feb taken up but will be back beginning of March.

oldish hippy
29-01-2012, 19:00
nice photos

kimbowbill
30-01-2012, 06:54
Was in Buxworth today for a bit of a stroll so took a few pics for you. Heres the link as 20 +pics
buxworth derbyshire pictures by rebbyvid - Photobucket (http://s161.photobucket.com/albums/t203/rebbyvid/buxworth%20derbyshire/)

Thanks for pics, looks fab.

another little reminder for your reg plates, still waiting for 5, i wont name and shame you, you know who you are :lol-053:

kimbowbill
30-01-2012, 07:03
I gave her mine but now getting parking tickets from all over the country !!!!

Shhhhhhhhhhush, am mekin sum r8 money here

xx

rolandrat
30-01-2012, 09:26
Please could I be included in the list or the reserve list, I wasn't able to confirm our interest earlier.
Regards, Roland.

Somelier
04-02-2012, 19:18
Can I just point out one thing: It's really Bugsworth we're going to. While the village changed to Buxworth, the canal basin still remains Bugsworth.

channa
04-02-2012, 20:03
Can I just point out one thing: It's really Bugsworth we're going to. While the village changed to Buxworth, the canal basin still remains Bugsworth.so you are bugged by "the bugs of Bugsworth but dont give a bux about Buxworth,"

So for fluxworth what do folk punch in the sat nav

channa

Somelier
07-02-2012, 14:37
so you are bugged by "the bugs of Bugsworth but dont give a bux about Buxworth,"

So for fluxworth what do folk punch in the sat nav

channa

You could try this: SK23 7NE

or click here: Streetmap.co.uk- search results (http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?X=402273&Y=382063&A=Y&Z=115)

jeffmossy
26-02-2012, 21:06
Just checked the navigation inn web site and there is now a band on for Friday night 20/04/2012.Looking good already.....:tongue:

kimbowbill
26-02-2012, 21:51
Cool, looking forward to this. thanks for telling us :banana:

Admin
26-02-2012, 22:44
Me too!

bushie
28-02-2012, 14:47
yeh phil would like to put are names down for buxworth. but cant seem to be able 2.can you put me and the wife as reserv first time on this site ,just what we needed big thanks if you can bushie

Admin
28-02-2012, 14:50
yeh phil would like to put are names down for buxworth. but cant seem to be able 2.can you put me and the wife as reserv first time on this site ,just what we needed big thanks if you can bushie

Done

mustardseed
03-03-2012, 04:24
Can you add me to the reserve list too, please? x

BobbyT
03-03-2012, 13:35
With regard to the meet at Buxworth (which I'm sad to say I can't make) is there any chance of another one being organised this year? Perhaps a bit more south, maybe? Oh well, good luck to all who get to go there.
Best Wishes
Bob

jeffmossy
03-03-2012, 17:52
Can you add me to the reserve list too, please? x

Check the list on page 1,you are down as reserve no 4 :)

Canalsman
03-03-2012, 20:57
From what I understand there are a fair few alternative parking spots nearby anyway so would guess all can come but maybe have to park somewhere near the pub ?

Sadly that's not the case. There aren't any other parking locations within walking distance :(

grath
03-03-2012, 21:06
Rebbyvid who posted photo's earlier in the thread, told me the other day that he thinks it will be very tight for the estimated 30 places. It all depends on how members park, maybe a second or third row if possible.

grath
03-03-2012, 21:17
Well Firefox has already said he can stealth camp nearby if he comes so maybe he has a cunning plan ? :lol-049:

Maybe he could sit it on a few oil drums and pretend it is a boat:juggle::lol-049::raofl:

Deleted user 21925
03-03-2012, 22:06
My reservation has just gone up on Ebay!

rwhites1
05-03-2012, 19:31
I am 1st reserve rwhites1 not rwhites can you correct it thanks

Bob

NicknClair
12-03-2012, 21:50
Hi guys.
It is with regret that I am having to pull out of the meeting. A turn for the worst with family matters has forced us to pull anything leading to end of April.
I wish you all the best for what looks to be a very cool meet up. I have also updated the list and moved RWhites1 into my place, as he was first on the reserves list.

Good Luck guys.

whitevanwoman
12-03-2012, 22:33
Am hoping to be able to make it, at least for one night. I've found what looks like a very feasible wilding spot not far from the pub and will either walk or cycle over, to say hello although not sure which night yet.

So have added myself at bottom of the most up to date list...

Canalsman
12-03-2012, 22:49
Am hoping to be able to make it, at least for one night. I've found what looks like a very feasible wilding spot not far from the pub and will either walk or cycle over, to say hello although not sure which night yet.

I know the area well - where have you in mind, Jess?

Viktor
12-03-2012, 22:59
I will be attending on Friday but now leaving Saturday morning to head home as I will have company with me on this trip and school is on Monday lol....so whoever ends up next on the reserve list could attend in my place from Saturday to Sunday.

rwhites1
12-03-2012, 23:36
what is the earliest time you can arrive on friday 20april

Admin
13-03-2012, 00:23
I have updated the list on the first post

Canalsman
13-03-2012, 12:09
what is the earliest time you can arrive on friday 20april

Phil and I intend to be there mid morning ...

Regards

Chris

Somelier
15-03-2012, 21:14
Unfortunately, something has come up and we'll not be able to make it for the whole weekend, so will withdraw and let someone else have our place. We may visit during the weekend (not in our van), depending on how things turn out.

kimbowbill
16-03-2012, 06:32
Scotsy is now undable to attend, Phil, can you update page please

thanks

Jen

kimbowbill
16-03-2012, 06:35
Roland rat is next on reserve, can you send me your reg plate either through pm or jenny.kimba@blueyonder.co.uk

thanks

Jen

Admin
16-03-2012, 16:14
The list has now been updated and all the reserves have places

lotty
16-03-2012, 16:33
Can I just let you know that we will be coming Saturday morning as unable to arrive Friday due to work. Just want to make sure my place will be saved :D
Thanks
Lotty
X

kimbowbill
16-03-2012, 17:00
Can I just let you know that we will be coming Saturday morning as unable to arrive Friday due to work. Just want to make sure my place will be saved :D
Thanks
Lotty
X

your ok once you have submitted your reg, your place will be saved, stop worrying woman, anyway.i'm a marshall so i might not let thee in lol xx

pamela
16-03-2012, 17:34
as a newee and I have not my van yet , it was suppose to be here by April but not coming till may now , however i was wondering on your rallies or gatherings whatever they are called , do you have rules like parking distance from other vans ? just concerned of fires , also is there a quiet after certain time ( consider your neighbours ) not a party pooper but like to know your rules please xx:lol

DTDog
16-03-2012, 17:47
your ok once you have submitted your reg, your place will be saved, stop worrying woman, anyway.i'm a marshall so i might not let thee in lol xx

And then you've got to get passed me !!!

DTDog
16-03-2012, 18:05
as a newee and I have not my van yet , it was suppose to be here by April but not coming till may now , however i was wondering on your rallies or gatherings whatever they are called , do you have rules like parking distance from other vans ? just concerned of fires , also is there a quiet after certain time ( consider your neighbours ) not a party pooper but like to know your rules please xx:lol

As we are not a club as such, any 'Gatherings' are just that, a gathering of motor-homes. You park at your own risk and as close or as far away from other vans as you feel comfortable.

However, we do have some common sense 'suggestions' which, like the country code does for walkers, we hope that anyone claiming membership of the Wildcamping website adhere to. Leave the area as you wish to find it (even if this includes picking up other people's litter). Dont make a nuisance of yourself etc.
With regards to quite time. No this is not C&CC so no quite time, but on the other hand I'm sure, everyone would agree that my statement "Dont make a nuisance of yourself" covers what constitutes sensible noise at a sensible time. Same with fires. If you can see signs of others having a fire in the past and you keep it under control, there's nothing nicer than standing round a fire chatting to your mates.

This 'Buxworth' meet differs from any other in that we are using a pub car-park with a pre arranged number allowance (pub's request).
Also, as it is being arranged through the WildCamping forum, we are all aware that we are being 'watched and monitored' and this is the only reason this meet has a little bit more member input than normal.

If you do live within drivable distance to Buxworth, pop across in your car for the day and put faces to names.

Or, when you do get your van, take a look at some of the 'W's on the POI's (Wildcamping Point Of Interest, for Sat-Nav's)and just plan a one nighter to see how it goes. I'm sure that once you've took the plunge, you will be out and about every free weekend.

Marilyn
19-03-2012, 09:39
Have now found out that we can't make it to Buxworth that weekend after all.
So sorry not to be meeting you all but, hopefully, someone else will be glad of the chance to take our place.

Marilyn & Peter

kimbowbill
19-03-2012, 17:57
Phil, can we stick Beemer in Marylin's place?

Beemer
19-03-2012, 18:56
Phil, can we stick Beemer in Marylin's place?

I thought I was already No 23? :p

kimbowbill
20-03-2012, 06:05
I thought I was already No 23? :p

Well you can blame Dave for that then, cos he text me yesterday asking if you and a mate of his could go, lol, i didnt check the list.

anna1976
20-03-2012, 15:57
Hi, Would love to join you for the weekend if there is a place. If not, we live nearby and will drive over in our car for the day/s. Van reg. is (removed by admin for security) Many thanks, anna1976

kimbowbill
20-03-2012, 16:23
Hi, Would love to join you for the weekend if there is a place. If not, we live nearby and will drive over in our car for the day/s. Van reg. is (removed by admin for security) Many thanks, anna1976

Hi

the list is now closed, sorry, but it would be lovely if you could drive over to meet us all

Jen

grath
22-03-2012, 16:12
Hi

the list is now closed, sorry, but it would be lovely if you could drive over to meet us all

Jen

Some may still drop out, anything could happen:scared: in fact it could even be us as we have a contractor due soon and the dates are pretty damn close:cry: Hope not but you never know. Hope they don't clash as another member is tagging along with us.
I contacted Roger the landlord today and asked if there was anywhere we could empty the cassettes. He will check into it for us.

edit
Just received a phone call and there is a waste man hole available but it is situated in an area which is not normally accessed by the public.
Anyone wanting to use this facility must first ask Roger and it can be arranged under supervision. Obviously, it would be much better for all if anybody wanting to use this facility arrange for a group and not each and every member going at different times as this would be very time consuming for the overseer and could just be a nuisance and the facility withdrawn.
Please note.
This has been asked for members staying for several days and is NOT intended for just emptying prior to the drive home.
If you don't really need to empty at the Navigation, then please do not!
Thanks

Firefox
22-03-2012, 16:44
I am wondering why people would want to empty cassettes, they are only going for a weekend :scared:

People also wanted to do this at Ribblehead only going for a day or so. The reason I say is that it is likely to put off some potential venues if we always want to empty cassettes. It's a smelly process at the best of times and they may have minimal facilities for this - they also have other regular customers using toilets and gardens etc who may object to such operations nearby.

Surely if we are to live up to the name of wild campers, we can go a couple of days without emptying cassettes, even more so when there are fully plumbed in facilities to use directly at the venue in question.

(Cross post as you partly answered question in your 17.41 edit... sensible comment!)

grath
22-03-2012, 16:46
Some members are going early and staying late, some vans have only one member, others can have 4 or more.
Just work it out for yourself

grath
22-03-2012, 17:56
Send them to the woods with a shovel !
Some are paranoid about emptying toilets and filling with water !
We watched one guy at a meet and i reckon he topped up at least 4 or 5 times a day ?
He became known as water boy !

A true wilder is always on the lookout for water, or should I say Life support:lol-053:
Everywhere we go we see water filling opportunities:scared:

kangooroo
22-03-2012, 18:29
Lol Yes I agree and we top up when we need to or see an opportunity when wilding but this was in a pub field with a hosepipe laid on by the landlord !
Still it did become a laugh for everyone as bets were being placed as to how long it would be before the next top up ! lol

Assuming we're talking about the same meet, I remember it well. It was one of my first meets and I watched in unstifled amusement.

I also remember the array of filled buckets alongside the van together with a row of various filled water containers and even a contraption to collect any rain which should fall on that bright, sunny, cloudless day.

Canalsman
23-03-2012, 11:41
It's simple - use the pub toilets, not the 'van's :)

Firefox
23-03-2012, 11:55
It's simple - use the pub toilets, not the 'van's :)

Exactly my point - we should never be asking to empty cassettes at pubs that are good enough to let us use their car park for a night or so. They are not campsites, LOL!

oldish hippy
23-03-2012, 13:11
IF the portaloo starts to smell add drop more floral disenfectant always carry it and if waste water become a problem then use that for portaloo well if i can manage at least two nights with my ltlle van surely the bigger one can manage, ok dont like carrying water any distance(because of wieght } but will make sure i have enough to last me a day but always on lookout for it but wont get it till i need it and nearly at destination can manage on 10 litres for couple of days that includes washing and washing up but not laundry that waits till i come home.just drink to much coffee

kimbowbill
23-03-2012, 13:32
Some may still drop out, anything could happen:scared: in fact it could even be us as we have a contractor due soon and the dates are pretty damn close:cry: Hope not but you never know. Hope they don't clash as another member is tagging along with us.
I contacted Roger the landlord today and asked if there was anywhere we could empty the cassettes. He will check into it for us.

edit
Just received a phone call and there is a waste man hole available but it is situated in an area which is not normally accessed by the public.
Anyone wanting to use this facility must first ask Roger and it can be arranged under supervision. Obviously, it would be much better for all if anybody wanting to use this facility arrange for a group and not each and every member going at different times as this would be very time consuming for the overseer and could just be a nuisance and the facility withdrawn.
Please note.
This has been asked for members staying for several days and is NOT intended for just emptying prior to the drive home.
If you don't really need to empty at the Navigation, then please do not!
Thanks

I am fully aware that people will drop out, the list is still closed, depending on how many drop out, an email will be sent nearer the time to see if any one wants to go, its a decision Phil and i have taken due to the recent hoo haa about parking and also how tight it could be if others turn up.

as for the loo, i wont be needing to empty mine, theres only me and i hate parting wi owt, i'm true bred yorkshire lass, :lol-053:

oldish hippy
23-03-2012, 13:38
like isaid i would love to put my name down but as not guarenteed to make it wont just have to wait and see if i do will find somewhere to hide mine

ps who has a big roof rack lol

channa
23-03-2012, 13:43
It's true she visited my abode and didn't ask to do a whoopsy once.

Channa

grath
23-03-2012, 13:52
Exactly my point - we should never be asking to empty cassettes at pubs that are good enough to let us use their car park for a night or so. They are not campsites, LOL!

The same people who say this are usually occupying a M/H on their own and the cassette can obviously last much longer, similarly peeing behind a tree, bush or at the side of someone's van polluting the environment.:scared:
So you hold it in all night, after having a few drinks and wait until the pub opens:scared: I certainly don't think so:sad:
We were coming on Thursday and staying until Monday and I am sure our cassette would not last that long, well not with the amount of peeing we do:lol-053: and then all the crap:scared:

Quite frankly, the attendance figures are fantastic,the best ever for a Wildcamping meet, unfortunately for several reasons, not least we have a contractor threatening to start work at our house a few days before the meet, we and Hymernutstan think it is better to cancel earlier and give someone else the opportunity to attend, rather than later when the slots could not be filled.
Kath and myself wish you all have a great time, and don't forget, hold in the pee:lol-053:

Rubbertramp
23-03-2012, 19:27
similarly peeing behind a tree, bush polluting the environment.:scared:

I call it fertilization :ninja:

Admin
24-03-2012, 11:19
We will add Anna and another member to the list to make the total back up to thirty.
This is because Grath has asked for this and it was his place.

But the list is now closed.

anna1976
26-03-2012, 10:06
Absolutely thrilled to see that we are on the Buxworth meet! A huge thank you to Grath and Phil and everyone who works very hard to run the event. I know from experience how much work is involved; the best reward is the appreciation of the ralliers. We look forward very much to meeting everyone at Buxworth, making new friends and sharing experiences and information.
Anna1976

kimbowbill
26-03-2012, 19:07
Absolutely thrilled to see that we are on the Buxworth meet! A huge thank you to Grath and Phil and everyone who works very hard to run the event. I know from experience how much work is involved; the best reward is the appreciation of the ralliers. We look forward very much to meeting everyone at Buxworth, making new friends and sharing experiences and information.
Anna1976

Can you pm or email me your reg number to book your place

thanks

Jen

mustardseed
26-03-2012, 22:37
The same people who say this are usually occupying a M/H on their own and the cassette can obviously last much longer, similarly peeing behind a tree, bush or at the side of someone's van polluting the environment.:scared:
So you hold it in all night, after having a few drinks and wait until the pub opens:scared: I certainly don't think so:sad:
We were coming on Thursday and staying until Monday and I am sure our cassette would not last that long, well not with the amount of peeing we do:lol-053: and then all the crap:scared:

I do appreciate the point about multiple occupation of vans and how this makes things more difficult, but to talk of the alternatives as "polluting the environment" is more than a bit extreme! As Rubbertramp points out, NATURAL and unadulterated human waste is actually good for the ground, if deposited in appropriate places (i.e probably not on the grass outside the door of someone's van/ tent, or on a hard surface). Despite having a (very old and primitive) portaloo in my van, I (like Rubbertramp) try to avoid using it as much as possible, for a number of reasons. I always take away with me the same kid's beach bucket (it was a very good quality one: ELC or suchlike, and is very strong and very shiny (i.e. no worries about it being really clean, plus it's strong enough for me to actually sit on lol!)). I actually put it on top of, or for greater stability inside, the portaloo, and empty it as and when required (including obviously if I am planning to drive anywhere!), trying to be suitably discrete in the same way as I am when throwing away waste water.
What seriously pollutes the environment are the ghastly chemicals that most people use in their toilets: I couldn't believe it when I read that Elsan and most other portaloo toilet fluids actually contained formaldehyde! What on earth do you think that does not only to you and yours breathing it into their lungs (it's a known carcinogen: hardly surprising since it's used as a preservative to embalm people and animals!), but to any water or land borne life with which your cassette contents come into contact once you empty them? However, I'm sure that as you, like me, care about the environment, you don't use that stuff any more and have sourced about the only environmentally and person friendly stuff I could find on the internet, so perhaps my comments are a little harsh?

kimbowbill
26-03-2012, 23:05
I do appreciate the point about multiple occupation of vans and how this makes things more difficult, but to talk of the alternatives as "polluting the environment" is more than a bit extreme! As Rubbertramp points out, NATURAL and unadulterated human waste is actually good for the ground, if deposited in appropriate places (i.e probably not on the grass outside the door of someone's van/ tent, or on a hard surface). Despite having a (very old and primitive) portaloo in my van, I (like Rubbertramp) try to avoid using it as much as possible, for a number of reasons. I always take away with me the same kid's beach bucket (it was a very good quality one: ELC or suchlike, and is very strong and very shiny (i.e. no worries about it being really clean, plus it's strong enough for me to actually sit on lol!)). I actually put it on top of, or for greater stability inside, the portaloo, and empty it as and when required (including obviously if I am planning to drive anywhere!), trying to be suitably discrete in the same way as I am when throwing away waste water.
What seriously pollutes the environment are the ghastly chemicals that most people use in their toilets: I couldn't believe it when I read that Elsan and most other portaloo toilet fluids actually contained formaldehyde! What on earth do you think that does not only to you and yours breathing it into their lungs (it's a known carcinogen: hardly surprising since it's used as a preservative to embalm people and animals!), but to any water or land borne life with which your cassette contents come into contact once you empty them? However, I'm sure that as you, like me, care about the environment, you don't use that stuff any more and have sourced about the only environmentally and person friendly stuff I could find on the internet, so perhaps my comments are a little harsh?

I only use bio d washing liquid, some say it dont work, but i've never had a problem with it,

grath
27-03-2012, 16:57
Well, all I can say is that I have tried to help by arranging with the Navigation for any members that feel the need to empty their cassette can now do so.
The facility is now in place, either use it or don't use it.

Everybody has a choice!

grath
27-03-2012, 17:42
Further to the above, from what I am hearing, the locals and British Waterways are going to be closely watching and monitoring this meet, therefore It will do no favours for Wildcampers if any are spotted peeing behind a tree.

Polly
02-04-2012, 17:37
Hia

is this the pub that Elsie Tanner and hubby owned

scampa
02-04-2012, 17:48
Hia

Are you getting this confused with the "Rovers Return"??

(At least it was called that the last time I saw Corrie. Is old Albert still chasing Minnie?) :)

kimbowbill
02-04-2012, 19:58
Hia

Hi Polly

Yes it is

Jen

mustardseed
02-04-2012, 20:01
Further to the above, from what I am hearing, the locals and British Waterways are going to be closely watching and monitoring this meet, therefore It will do no favours for Wildcampers if any are spotted peeing behind a tree.
If British Waterways (or indeed the locals) actually cared about protecting the environment they should be far more concerned with people pouring large quantities of formaldehyde and other evil chemicals into the sewage system than about a couple of people fertilising perhaps the wrong kind of plants behind a tree.....
But you won't spot me, since, as I said above, I'll be using my beach bucket..... :-)

mustardseed
02-04-2012, 20:02
Hi Polly

Yes it is

Jen

So would that be Cherie Blair's Dad?

kimbowbill
02-04-2012, 20:04
So would that be Cherie Blair's Dad?

Dunno, was Cherie Blairs dad married to elsie tanner? thought it was him with the grey hair, tony something or other :lol-053:

mustardseed
02-04-2012, 20:06
Dunno, was Cherie Blairs dad married to elsie tanner? thought it was him with the grey hair, tony something or other :lol-053:
Booth

kimbowbill
02-04-2012, 20:11
Booth

yeay, correct, did you have to phone a friend? lol, is that her dad then?

Rubbertramp
02-04-2012, 20:42
yeay, correct, did you have to phone a friend? lol, is that her dad then?
Yes and it's Alf Garnett's son-in-law....the Scouse Git!

kimbowbill
02-04-2012, 20:44
Yes and it's Alf Garnett's son-in-law....the Scouse Git!

i knew it wo Alf's son in law but dint know it wo CB's dad, learn summat new every day,:dance:

Old_Arthur
02-04-2012, 20:46
an he was married to aunt sally ??

kimbowbill
02-04-2012, 20:47
an he was married to aunt sally ??

lol, yeah, and she was stalked by, john pertwee, lol

Old_Arthur
02-04-2012, 20:49

couldn't ya spell wurzel gummage :dance::lol-061:

Rubbertramp
02-04-2012, 20:51

Who eventually got it together with Saucy Nancy:shag:.....He had to get the Crowman to extract the Splinters:lol-061:

mustardseed
02-04-2012, 20:59
She appears as Cherie Booth when she is doing her stuff with the wig on.....

mustardseed
02-04-2012, 21:01
i knew it wo Alf's son in law but dint know it wo CB's dad, learn summat new every day,:dance:
And Alf Garnett's still alive..... strange world isn't it?

kimbowbill
02-04-2012, 21:03
And Alf Garnett's still alive..... strange world isn't it?

yeah, sure is, is wirzil gummage still alive :lol-049:

Rubbertramp
02-04-2012, 21:14
yeah, sure is, is wirzil gummage still alive :lol-049:

No .....John's got iz dead 'ead on!.....but his brother Bill "put that bloody light out" Pertwee is still kicking, I believe.

Deleted user 21925
04-04-2012, 21:54
AAAAAArgh, just been reminded it's my grandson, Harry's 3rd Birthday on 21st April..... He's told me it's Ok for me to still go to Buxworth, but by god it's gonna cost me!!!!!!

Somelier
05-04-2012, 06:47
No .....John's got iz dead 'ead on!.....but his brother Bill "put that bloody light out" Pertwee is still kicking, I believe.

Bill wasn't Jon's brother, he was a distant cousin.

nij
05-04-2012, 16:44
AAAAAArgh, just been reminded it's my grandson, Harry's 3rd Birthday on 21st April..... He's told me it's Ok for me to still go to Buxworth, but by god it's gonna cost me!!!!!!

Bring him with you?!?!?!

Were taking my daughter who is 2 and a half

Deleted user 21925
05-04-2012, 16:54
Bring him with you?!?!?!

Were taking my daughter who is 2 and a half

Much as I love him that probably won't happen! I am travelling solo and so wouldn't get a break for beer. Maybe next time

Haaamster
09-04-2012, 11:59
This threads gone a bit quiet, thought it would be buzzing with posts as it's not long now :dance:

grath
09-04-2012, 12:04
I'm not going:cry:

Haaamster
09-04-2012, 12:09
You're one of the people I was looking forward to meeting :mad1:

grath
09-04-2012, 12:12
You're one of the people I was looking forward to meeting :mad1:

Sorry, we have a man threatening to lay a new hard standing and driveway in the week prior to the meet and as you know everything usually gets delayed and runs late.
You probably wouldn't like me anyway:scared: I even don't like me:sad: and Kath doesn't like me:scared::lol-053:
Have a great time:wave:

edit
Infact, kath is pi**ing of on holiday with our Daughter a couple of days after the meet and leaving me all alone. That's how much she hates me!!!
Hope she falls off her broomstick lol

Haaamster
09-04-2012, 12:24
Ha Ha Ha nice reply, i'm sure we'd get along fine.I'm very laid back, almost horizontal in fact despite the ribbing I give out sometimes :drive:

kimbowbill
09-04-2012, 18:09
Not long to go now guys n gals, really looking forward to the meet i have a good feeling about it :heart:

Haaamster
09-04-2012, 18:11
Hope we don't need wellies and raincoats :(

kimbowbill
09-04-2012, 18:13
yeah me too but we will make the most of it if it pees it down all weekend, it did at Ribblehead and that was still good fun

herbenny
09-04-2012, 18:16
Hope you all have a fab time. So sorry Paul and I cant make it but hope to get to meet some of you soon. I will do my little sunshine dance and send it your way:o:o:o ..............Have fun everyone

Jac

Haaamster
09-04-2012, 18:36
Just in case of torrential rain do you think we should bring board games, i'll bring Twister and we can try it in the smallest van :lol-061:

grath
09-04-2012, 18:37
Just in case of torrential rain do you think we should bring board games, i'll bring Twister and we can try it in the smallest van :lol-061:

Strip poker would be better:have fun: or maybe not:rolleyes2:

herbenny
09-04-2012, 18:39

Now that I would like to see..........god help you if your other players eat a vindaloo!!!!!

oldish hippy
09-04-2012, 19:20

well that would be mine hope to make it well van did cornwall so no reason why not just have to wait and see that will scare you all i do know that two have pulled ok one van so u never know ,dont want to commit and take a space someone who will commit can have

Deleted user 21925
09-04-2012, 19:39
Goddammit, first I realise it's my grandsons birthday on the 21st (which I've had his permission to miss), but now I've been invited to a wedding on Friday 20th which I can't get out of (it's my best mates daughter). So now I can only make it for the Saturday and Sunday. Hope this is ok. Perhaps one of the wildcampers nearby could use my space on the Friday night?

Damn, I'm gonna miss the band as well:sad::sad:

kimbowbill
09-04-2012, 21:36
Goddammit, first I realise it's my grandsons birthday on the 21st (which I've had his permission to miss), but now I've been invited to a wedding on Friday 20th which I can't get out of (it's my best mates daughter). So now I can only make it for the Saturday and Sunday. Hope this is ok. Perhaps one of the wildcampers nearby could use my space on the Friday night?

Damn, I'm gonna miss the band as well:sad::sad:

oh dear, wot ya like, postpone the wedding, :scared::lol-053:

Deleted user 21925
09-04-2012, 22:53
oh dear, wot ya like, postpone the wedding, :scared::lol-053:

Would love to, but I will get to Buxworth even if I have to walk!!

Viktor
09-04-2012, 23:39
Robmac....I'm only going to be there on the Friday evening (as I've posted before), so if you take my spot for Saturday and Sunday...that will leave a spot for the next person to attend for the weekend....no one has yet posted me or stated they will be taking my Sat & Sun so you're welcome to those days...(I'll be leaving before 10am Saturday morning).

Deleted user 21925
10-04-2012, 04:53
Excellent idea - I'll waiit for a reply from Jen/Grath;)

kimbowbill
10-04-2012, 05:57
Robmac....I'm only going to be there on the Friday evening (as I've posted before), so if you take my spot for Saturday and Sunday...that will leave a spot for the next person to attend for the weekend....no one has yet posted me or stated they will be taking my Sat & Sun so you're welcome to those days...(I'll be leaving before 10am Saturday morning).

yup i have made a note of that thanks V, Robmac does have a place anyway, if anyone PM's you for your place can you please let me know, thanks

Jen

kimbowbill
10-04-2012, 05:58
Excellent idea - I'll waiit for a reply from Jen/Grath;)

you have a place already, i have just made a note that you wont be here on Fri

Jen

grath
10-04-2012, 06:21
Hope you get your van back this week, gives you time to sort it out.
Still don't know where we are going today:o

kimbowbill
10-04-2012, 06:37
Hope you get your van back this week, gives you time to sort it out.
Still don't know where we are going today:o

yeah thanks G, it will be back for buxworth for deffo, theres no sorting to do, she's all ready to rock n roll, lol.
Sure with your wealth of knowledge you will find somewhere nice, enjoy xx

rolandrat
10-04-2012, 08:09
well the builders have arrived in style, a large skip has been delivered, a concrete breaker has been unloaded and off they go. Plenty of work is scheduled to be done but it wont stop us attending the meet, we will be there come what may.

NomadSue2011
10-04-2012, 22:10
hi. Am looking forward to meeting those of you going to Buxworth. Be gentle. I'm new to this forum!:wave:

Admin
10-04-2012, 23:18
hi. Am looking forward to meeting those of you going to Buxworth. Be gentle. I'm new to this forum!:wave:

Do not worry Jenny is our hospitality steward (good time girl) and she will make sure you are ok!

rebbyvid
11-04-2012, 06:12
going to have to pull out of this one:( as a new hot date has taken preference:) hope you have a good meet.
might still make it :)

Viktor
12-04-2012, 09:28
Unfortunately with sadness I too have now to pull out of this meet. My GF has two dogs and one of the minders has taken ill and can no longer look after the dogs on the Friday 20th weekend.....meaning we have to be back home on Friday night or early Saturday morning at the latest....there's just no one else available willing to fill in on the weekend....at least we got told about it in good time to allow someone else wanting to attend to benefit.

I should have just played safe and come alone, but Murphy's got me this time round and it is beyond my control...sorry folks....I was looking forward to this for months....I'll just have to meet you all sometime later this year at other meets.

Meanwhile for the early part of the week I'll be around the Northumberland and Cumbria areas so still perhaps might come across one or two of you on our travels.....(Hadrian's Wall, Kielder, and the Lake District mostly).

:(

lotty
12-04-2012, 13:45
Unfortunately with sadness I too have now to pull out of this meet. My GF has two dogs and one of the minders has taken ill and can no longer look after the dogs on the Friday 20th weekend.....meaning we have to be back home on Friday night or early Saturday morning at the latest....there's just no one else available willing to fill in on the weekend....at least we got told about it in good time to allow someone else wanting to attend to benefit.

I should have just played safe and come alone, but Murphy's got me this time round and it is beyond my control...sorry folks....I was looking forward to this for months....I'll just have to meet you all sometime later this year at other meets.

Meanwhile for the early part of the week I'll be around the Northumberland and Cumbria areas so still perhaps might come across one or two of you on our travels.....(Hadrian's Wall, Kielder, and the Lake District mostly).

:(

The pub is dog friendly I believe, why don't you bring them with you? :dance:

al n sal
12-04-2012, 17:00
we're getting excited now, cant wait to set off and meet up with you guys. also looking forward to having a good walk ..........

al

jeffmossy
12-04-2012, 18:13
OOOOOOOOOO I must have been a naughty boy.I was no 16 on the list now iv gone.:sad::sad::sad::scared:

scampa
12-04-2012, 18:31
OOOOOOOOOO I must have been a naughty boy.I was no 16 on the list now iv gone.:sad::sad::sad::scared:

If the list is the one in the first post, then you're still there, but are alongside number 15 instead of below. :)

jeffmossy
12-04-2012, 18:38
Ah I can see us now......Phil must must have just woke up from his afternoon kip when he updated the list.......

Justin and Jane
12-04-2012, 19:16
Its getting closer folks!!!
Hope the sun shows up as well!!! :lol-053:

john t
12-04-2012, 21:16
Don't forget to bring ya mountain bikes, and/or walking boots.!

jt

kimbowbill
12-04-2012, 21:17
and waterproofs :rolleyes2:, sledge maybe :lol-049:

Deleted user 21925
12-04-2012, 21:28
It wont be raining in the bar!

Viktor
13-04-2012, 00:21
The pub is dog friendly I believe, why don't you bring them with you?

I might be dog friendly lol....but my van isn't....not a chance...there'll be no dogs inside my van....not ever...not with
the black wood and leather finish.... and in any case there isn't the room...(and not a cat either lol)....sorry. :scared:

Deleted user 21925
13-04-2012, 06:47
Hi Jen,

Because of my ongoing cluster headaches, I have decided not to bring my van to Buxworth next week. (I would look a bit of a nutter pacing up and down the carpark clutching my head). I will however be attending, I have booked myself a room at the Navigation for Saturday and Sunday night so if I get an attack I can dissapear for a while. (Not very wild camping I know!).

Sorry to mess you about

Rob

Beemer
13-04-2012, 08:01
Don't forget to bring ya mountain bikes, and/or walking boots.!

jt

Will be checking the weather to see if it is worth bringing the push bikes for the weekend.
We are only just over an hour away from Buxworth, so hope to get there around 6-7pm on the Friday evening. :wacko:

13-04-2012, 16:57
jenny, don't forget the message I received from Bushie and I passed on via text to you as I have very poor internet and power.
Bushie will not be attending. I see Bushies name is still on page one.

herbenny
13-04-2012, 17:20
Have a lovely time you people .....We want to hear all about your lovely weekend when you get back, hope there is lots of sex,:shag: drugs :rolleyes2: and rock and roll :rockroll:..........Im only jealous because I will be in my bed with my cocoa by 9'o'clock:sleep-040:

Wish we could be there :(

Polly
13-04-2012, 18:03
Hia

just thought i would mention this
if you are approaching from the Stockport ---- Disley end then when you approach Buxworth turn off it is a SHARPE left but if you continue down the road a few seconds there is a roundabout so you can go round and turn onto the road from the right

hope i have not confused anyone

rolandrat
13-04-2012, 18:58
Polly, I think you mean that if we miss the turning on the left then we can go to the roundabout and come back on ourselves to the turning which will then be on the right hand side. Thanks for the info, we are strangers to the area but are looking forward to meeting everyone and sinking a few jars of the landlords best bitter.

kimbowbill
13-04-2012, 23:19
jenny, don't forget the message I received from Bushie and I passed on via text to you as I have very poor internet and power.
Bushie will not be attending. I see Bushies name is still on page one.

i know, i replied to your text, did you not get it?

kimbowbill
13-04-2012, 23:27
Hi Jen,

Because of my ongoing cluster headaches, I have decided not to bring my van to Buxworth next week. (I would look a bit of a nutter pacing up and down the carpark clutching my head). I will however be attending, I have booked myself a room at the Navigation for Saturday and Sunday night so if I get an attack I can dissapear for a while. (Not very wild camping I know!).

Sorry to mess you about

Rob

Sorry to hear that Rob, its not messing me about at all, these things happen, just sorry you are still having them, you will still need a parking space tho wont you? what has Rodger said? , you will still need a space. I hope they go before next week for you xx

Polly
14-04-2012, 08:21
Hia

NO I did mean it was a SHARPE left and a TIGHT one

grath
14-04-2012, 09:40
i know, i replied to your text, did you not get it?

yes, I did, but noticed that Phil had not removed Bushies name from the list on post one. I did realize that you most probably had a more up to date list, but just making sure.

kimbowbill
14-04-2012, 18:15
yes, I did, but noticed that Phil had not removed Bushies name from the list on post one. I did realize that you most probably had a more up to date list, but just making sure.

yes dear, its all in hand

nij
16-04-2012, 06:21
I really hate to do this, but the FIL has been involved in quite a serious RTA and is currently in hospital.
I don't think that it is possible that we will be able to get there, so of anyone else would like to take my place (rather than us not being able to make it) that's fine.
I hope everyone has a great weekend, and I look forward to meeting you all at a later date.

Nij

kimbowbill
16-04-2012, 06:44
Sorry to hear that Nig, i hope everything is ok, no worries over the space, it will easily be filled, there will be plenty more meets throughout the year

Jen

lotty
16-04-2012, 08:45
I really hate to do this, but the FIL has been involved in quite a serious RTA and is currently in hospital.
I don't think that it is possible that we will be able to get there, so of anyone else would like to take my place (rather than us not being able to make it) that's fine.
I hope everyone has a great weekend, and I look forward to meeting you all at a later date.

Nij

Sorry to hear about the FIL. Hope he is up and about soon

Deleted user 21925
16-04-2012, 18:14
Sorry to hear that Nij hope not too serious

Rob

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS