PDA

View Full Version : Elvas Portugal

UFO
10-01-2012, 18:11
We will be in Elvas around Monday next week on our way down to the Algarve via Evora. Has anyone stayed in the Elvas area overnight. Looking at Google Earth there is a stadium to the east with plenty of parking. There is Terrugem 10 miles west of Elvas N 38º 50' 44'' W 07º 20' 55'', just wondering if there is somewhere closer.

grath
11-01-2012, 07:32
Just after Badajoz you cross the border from Spain and on the old road there was a good frontier type garage and truck stop. Also a little further another excellent truck restaurant. cant remember the name, but it was the first village.
My favourite is Bombel about an hour further, another good food stop.
You can pretty well stop anywhere inland in Portugal, it's only the Algarve and some coastal regions that sometimes a M/H will not be welcome.
Enjoy!

BearHug
11-01-2012, 08:22
Hi dgg

We stayed at Terrugem last year. About 5 other vans overnight, loads of parking, well lit, water foc. Very quaint old town.
I certainly recommend it.

Manu1
11-01-2012, 17:22
Are you aware of the Barragem at Pego do Altar....water, dump and Bar , also in the local town of Alcacer just over the iron bridge going south turn right...good parking spot by the river...also Lidl in town !

Phil

UFO
11-01-2012, 19:41
Thank you Grath, Bearhug and Phil

I know Barragem at Pego do Altar

I will keep an eye out for the truck stops near Badajoz and have added Bombel and Alcácer do Sal to my ‘list’ – it all depends on where we are and where we are going at the time!

David

Phil10
12-01-2012, 15:24
Just as you arrive in Elvas on N4 there is a big star shaped fort on the left. We stayed in the car park overnight 2 years ago without problems. Can be seen clearly on google. Will be heading that way in five weeks time.
Phil

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS