PDA

View Full Version : Safeguard 60 cashback offer promoted in Motorhome Monthly

kangooroo
12-01-2012, 19:01
Does anyone have a copy of Motorhome Monthly?

I'm told there is a 60 cashback offer for all new motorhome policies taken out by new Safeguard clients and this offer, apparently, is promoted only in Motorhome Monthly and isn't available via brokers or their website.

I've just had my insurance cancelled and need to find a new policy very quickly - I'd actually chosen Safeguard and a 60 cashback would be very welcome indeed. I can't find a copy locally and, without insurance, I can't drive to find a copy further afield.

If anyone does have a copy, please could you advise the details of the offer, how to apply, any codes to quote etc.

Thank You

Uninsured KangooRoo

Viktor
12-01-2012, 19:20
Karen

It's 50 cashback for Motorhomes and 60 cashback for car insurance....

The 50 offer is Safeguard Assistance with AA breakdown cover UK and mainland Europe
2 years new-for-old replacement
Up to 20% security discount
Personal effects cover up to 3000

Quote is "FIFTYMMM" and number to ring is 0800 068 7132

kangooroo
12-01-2012, 19:28
Brilliant! Thank you so much Basildog and Viktor - hopefully you've saved me 50 :D.

Looking forward to being back on the road again. BTW my policy was cancelled only because the new insurer wouldn't accept my 29 years NCD as the last vehicle insured was the Kangoo van and not a car.... I'd thought taking a completely conventional route this time and fitting into a nice little 'tick box' would be so easy. Clearly not!

Firefox
12-01-2012, 19:34
I'd thought taking a completely conventional route this time and fitting into a nice little 'tick box' would be so easy. Clearly not!

Ah but such a suprising move by the insurer could have caused you to jolt your head back in astonishment thus opening them up to a claim for "whiplash" injury. Worth a try... everyone else seems to be doing it :idea::lol-049:

kimbowbill
12-01-2012, 19:41
Ah but such a suprising move by the insurer could have caused you to jolt your head back in astonishment thus opening them up to a claim for "whiplash" injury. Worth a try... everyone else seems to be doing it :idea::lol-049:

including me, but mine is genuine

NicknClair
12-01-2012, 20:10
LOL, 50.00 cash back won't cover the 160.00 difference they quoted on myinsurance. Went to Comfort Insurance in the end, with the Euro Breakdown Cover.

kangooroo
12-01-2012, 20:31
LOL, 50.00 cash back won't cover the 160.00 difference they quoted on myinsurance. Went to Comfort Insurance in the end, with the Euro Breakdown Cover.

I'll see what they quote - it's 249.80 online and I have Lifesure and Caravanwise/Coast on reserve (who do accept van NCD). It did cross my mind that inflated premiums might be quoted.... Comfort was very much more expensive for me for far less cover. It's definitely worth shopping around!

Viktor
13-01-2012, 00:53
I'm actually with CaravanGuard Karen....I found the benefits attractive and I'm told there is very little hassle with them in the event of a claim (from people in MH circles)...however I can't guarantee the accuracy of that statement and there are I believe slightly cheaper options...however I decided to go with the recommended insurer for hopefully peace of mind.

kangooroo
13-01-2012, 09:01
I'm actually with CaravanGuard Karen....I found the benefits attractive and I'm told there is very little hassle with them in the event of a claim (from people in MH circles)...however I can't guarantee the accuracy of that statement and there are I believe slightly cheaper options...however I decided to go with the recommended insurer for hopefully peace of mind.

CaravanGuard quoted me 264.50 which is fair enough but my mileage was restricted to 7k with no flexibility or option to increase - I'm looking for a policy which will allow 10k.

kangooroo
13-01-2012, 09:52
Sorted. 230.59 after automatic discount of 50 'cashback' via the phone when quoting the FIFTYMMM code. This includes UK/European breakdown cover and unlimited mileage - and beats the online quote of 249.80 making it the cheapest quote I've had so definitely worth using the code. Thanks again - Basildog and Viktor!

Viktor
13-01-2012, 12:28
That's odd Karen because my limit is 11k....policy taken out in November 2011...and I was told I do have an option to increase both milage and to European cover.

kangooroo
13-01-2012, 15:24
That's odd Karen because my limit is 11k....policy taken out in November 2011...and I was told I do have an option to increase both milage and to European cover.

Insurers don't seem to like me very much. Quite a few have refused to quote at all :cry: Most objections relate to my occupation and not having a second vehicle. For other companies, neither have been an issue.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS