PDA

View Full Version : Camping near Madrid

micks
12-01-2012, 19:03
Can anyone recommend good parking areas in or near Madrid. Planning to go mid February. Thanks

Dezi
13-01-2012, 08:04
Hi, We have stayed at camping osuna a couple of time, but its now filthy & rapidly going down the pan so I would no longer

recommend it. However just outside the gate is a small park with parking. You should be alright for the day & its

only a short walk to the tram thats goes into the center of Madrid.

40.45354,-3.602792

Dezi :pc:

grath
13-01-2012, 15:39
You don't say why, are you after an overnight or somewhere to leave your van while you visit the city?

lebesset
13-01-2012, 17:16
don't forget your chains !

grath
13-01-2012, 17:22
don't forget your chains !

The lamp posts are not strong enough:banana::wacko::D

Eve
13-01-2012, 18:01
Can anyone recommend good parking areas in or near Madrid. Planning to go mid February. Thanks

Unless you have to go to Madrid I would give it a miss, there are to many foriegn vans getting robbed, the crooks use the old trick of driving alongside of you and pretending to be police, soon as you stop they enter your van and threaten you with a weapon.
I have met quite a few Brits,German and Dutch campers who have had this experience, even when I lived in Spain and had Spanish plated vans I never went near :confused:

kenspain
13-01-2012, 18:55
Unless you have to go to Madrid I would give it a miss, there are to many foriegn vans getting robbed, the crooks use the old trick of driving alongside of you and pretending to be police, soon as you stop they enter your van and threaten you with a weapon.
I have met quite a few Brits,German and Dutch campers who have had this experience, even when I lived in Spain and had Spanish plated vans I never went near :confused:

We been going to Madrid now for 12 years and only had one problem there also in the summer friends go there for 6 weeks and never had any problems there. Must have been lucky better start doing the lottery ;););)

If the OP let,s me know when he is going and if any of my friends are up there at the time he can stay on our land near Madrid Airport

grath
13-01-2012, 19:03
I used to drive my truck to Madrid about 30 times per year and never had any real problems, although when I finished things were getting worse.
I wouldn't think it is any better or worse than most other large city's, I do know many more places that I would feel less safe.

rottytara2004
31-05-2012, 05:22
We been going to Madrid now for 12 years and only had one problem there also in the summer friends go there for 6 weeks and never had any problems there. Must have been lucky better start doing the lottery ;););)

If the OP let,s me know when he is going and if any of my friends are up there at the time he can stay on our land near Madrid Airport

Hi Kenspain

We are heading from Malaga to Madrid and desperately will need somewhere to camp overnight as far as we can get on the day. We are wary of parking in Madrid hence camping before we reach Madrid. Would you know of a overnight en route?

many thanks

kenspain
31-05-2012, 07:49
I have a friend that parks up near the airport not far from the land we have i will try and get his number and let you have it keep an eye on here today i dont think any of our lot are up there know or you could have put it on there.Do take care dont park in the town its not that safe just like London .Outside your be ok we have never had any problems there. :wave:

John H
31-05-2012, 08:42
We are heading from Malaga to Madrid and desperately will need somewhere to camp overnight as far as we can get on the day. We are wary of parking in Madrid hence camping before we reach Madrid. Would you know of a overnight en route?

many thanks

Like you, we tend to use campsites when visiting large cities and the one we have used to visit Madrid is at Aranjuez (can't remember the name but it is the only site in town). Reasonably good value (for a campsite!) and from there it is about an hour by train straight into the centre of Madrid. Happy travels

Byronic
31-05-2012, 09:10
If you only want to find an overnight stop near Madrid you could do what I do (have done over donkeys years). stop at one of the 24 hour truck stops on the autovia pick one with combined fuel station and hotel, park within close proximty to the hotel entrance or fuel pay office, try not to get too close to the trucks (noisy frig units etc) and don't get paranoid, the local houses are just as likely to be robbed as you are..... in my humble opinion.

rottytara2004
31-05-2012, 09:43
I have a friend that parks up near the airport not far from the land we have i will try and get his number and let you have it keep an eye on here today i dont think any of our lot are up there know or you could have put it on there.Do take care dont park in the town its not that safe just like London .Outside your be ok we have never had any problems there. :wave:

Many thanks ken.

Our intended travel day to arrive in the evening to Madrid (coming from Estepona straight through) is not until 22nd June 2012 but great that you maybe able to help. I will keep an eye on your reply. you are so kind for taking the time out to help. Patricia

kenspain
31-05-2012, 10:05
Patricia this is what my friends have told me so far. From Madrid Airport they take the R2 this is the Zaragoza road it becomes the A2 but before it dose this there is a town of the R2 called Alicala De Herares there is a big bar as you come from the R2 on your right hand side before you get into the town my friends said that they park up there at the back of the bar and get the bus into Madrid Just go in have a coffee and ask he its one of us loves his motorhome I will see if i can find anymore for you or some on here might know some.

Byronic
31-05-2012, 10:09

Why not put your satnav coordinates identifying the position of your land near Madrid and then everyone can park up overnight.

kenspain
31-05-2012, 10:17
Sorry i cant do that it belongs to 6 of us and you have to have keys to get into it or i would if i knew who was going and it was only my land i am 5 hours drive from there.

snowbirds
31-05-2012, 10:26
Hi Mick,

We had to find a camping site in Milan last year after a robbery to get new passports.It is called Camping Citta Di Milano. This is on a bus and metro route in to the centre of the city, good for tours of the city. You can get an all day ticket for bus and metro for 3 euro,very good value for money.The camping site is set under trees in a wooded area, electric hookup but low amps,with a small bar wi-fi clean toilets. I got on well with the owners very friendly. Just out side the park is a water park.Before you ask Italy is a great place apart from the robbery and having to return a couple of months early because of loss of passports.Yes I will go back but would not wild camp, why not you may say, well all the camping sites tend to have steel gates and guards at night. Just remember with British plates you are a target and a soft touch.We got as far as Pizza before we had to head back before passport run out,( you get two weeks to get back to UK) Please don't be put off with this, Theft is just another job out there!

Regards Snowbirds.

I

Byronic
31-05-2012, 11:14
Milan is quite a long way from Madrid!
This is afterall a wildcamping site people make up their own minds on the risks. You have had a bad experience, but equally everybody knows someone who has suffered a house breakin do you as a result fortify your house like Fort Knox or do you just take reasonable measures. I wild camp taking...... in my judgement, reasonable measures, one day I may find that my measures were not good enough but until then I'll carry on.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS