PDA

View Full Version : Scotland Trip

mandyunwin68
16-01-2012, 09:47
Hi We are attempting our first Scotland trip (we have recently purchased our first motorhome). Looking for stopovers around Kinross (Loch Leven), then Loch Ness (Fort Augustus) and Loch Lomond. We have booked into a site for a few nights but would appreciate any nice overnight stopover point anyone can advise. Thanks

james1508
16-01-2012, 19:10
Hello,

We have done quite a bit of travelling in our old Bongo and now the motor-home around Scotland over the past 5 years. On the way up from Blackpool we usually stay at the Loch Lomond pier carpark at Tarbet ( luss - Google Maps (http://g.co/maps/a5rgb)). A bit further North after Tyndrum you could stay at the Bridge of Orchy, over the bridge behind the pub. Again further north on Ranoch Moor behind the Kings Houses Hotel, for that one you drive North past it for about 1/2 mile and then a sharp right towards the Hotel. There is usually wild camping tents there as its an official wild camp for the West Highland way ( as it is at the Bridge of Orchy).

Hope that's a start for you, enjoy Scotland, its great !

James

runnach
16-01-2012, 20:34
I've passed Loch Leven many times and, always thought it would be a good spot for wilding, do a google map street view, I'd be surprised for you not to find a location?

Enjoy.........

Deleted user 21925
16-01-2012, 21:06
Watching this thread with great interest as I am off to Scotland on Sunday. Just gonna play it by ear!

Rob

kimbowbill
16-01-2012, 21:10
Watching this thread with great interest as I am off to Scotland on Sunday. Just gonna play it by ear!

Rob

Would that be an earguitar then :dance::dance::dance:

Deleted user 21925
16-01-2012, 21:20
Would that be an earguitar then :dance::dance::dance:

Ouch !!

Ste
16-01-2012, 22:48
There's a park & Cp at Kinross right next to Loch Leven. I remember parking there to go biking, but no idea if your allowed to O/N there. But very nice location.

For Lomond & Ness I'd go for the forestry CP's

deanjo
06-02-2012, 16:24
Hi We are attempting our first Scotland trip (we have recently purchased our first motorhome). Looking for stopovers around Kinross (Loch Leven), then Loch Ness (Fort Augustus) and Loch Lomond. We have booked into a site for a few nights but would appreciate any nice overnight stopover point anyone can advise. Thanks

loads of places to stop in Scotland,wherever you go,laybyes,car parks,dirt tracks,,,just follow your nose and enjoy yourselves...dont be afraid!!!

Scottishtourer
06-02-2012, 16:29
We are from Scotland and have parked many times around the lochness area, There are large laybys which are signed no overnight parking but anytime we have parked overnight the police just drive past and ignore us, There are some nice laybys right next to the loch with fantastic views, Enjoy !!!

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS