PDA

View Full Version : Missing new POI's on TomTom in latest download.

scampa
20-01-2012, 10:30
I downloaded the latest POI's last week, and installed them to Google Earth on my pc, and also to my TomTom satnav. The Google Earth version is fine, with all the new POI's on it. My TomTom however does not have the new POI's on it, and just shows the older ones.

I have double-checked everything, even starting from scratch and downloading them again a couple of times, but I still don't have the new POI's on my TomTom. I've used the same method of installing as in previous months.

Do any other TomTom users have the newest POI's on their devices, or is there a problem with the update files?

maingate
20-01-2012, 11:16
I have had the same problem.

What I did was first delete the old POI's from the satnav AND the backup on Tomtom Home on the computer.

Then just load up on to one and backup on the other.

scampa
20-01-2012, 11:22
Thanks Maingate, I'll give that a try tonight and report back. I deleted the old files from my satnav as always, but never thought to delete those on TomTom Home!

Canalsman
20-01-2012, 12:40
I've just double checked the TomTom files - and all the entries are present and correct ...

I recommend NOT using TomTom Home - rather use Windows Explorer to copy files to your sat nav.

Regards

Chris

scampa
21-01-2012, 01:50
Well I've tried again a few times, deleted old POI's on both satnav and TomTom Home, but no success. BTW I don't normally use TomTom Home for these updates, but just replace the POI's in the "map" folder of my TomTom Go 520. It's usually a two-minute job with no problems.

I can get the new POI's in the map folder easily enough, but when I try to access them on the satnav, there are now no Wildcamping POI's in the POI menu at all. I'll try again over the weekend. I'm wondering if I need a bigger memory card in the device now, or if I'm just making a silly mistake somewhere?

oldish hippy
21-01-2012, 06:05
running acer n35 dufff batter but got tt 5 on it what is max i could use it has win se 2003 not lot of memory ok it was a freebie not goin to complain was wondering wether to up date ,maps or version if they will run

maingate
21-01-2012, 11:16
I've just double checked the TomTom files - and all the entries are present and correct ...

I recommend NOT using TomTom Home - rather use Windows Explorer to copy files to your sat nav.

Regards

Chris

Maybe I did not make it clear enough Chris.

I use Windows Explorer to add the new POI's, then I back them up on TT Home afterwards.

scampa
21-01-2012, 16:57
oops, it was all my fault.....:o

Somehow I had created a "bogus" map folder within my device and no matter how many times I installed, checked, removed and re-installed the POI's into it, it obviously wasn't getting me anywhere (no pun intended). As soon as I tried installing them in the correct folder everything was fine!

Thanks for the useful advice, much appreciated! And sorry Canalsman for ever doubting your downloads!! :bow:

Next question: How to I remove the dent from the wall that I've been banging my head against for the last few days?? :confused::pc: :(:(:(

Canalsman
21-01-2012, 19:01
Glad you've solved the problem :)

Regards

Chris

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS