PDA

View Full Version : Lytham St Annes

Oasis
01-02-2012, 18:59
Parking restrictions are to be tightened up in on the Fylde coast to prevent motorhomes staying overnight on the main seafront road.

Instead, the car park behind the swimming pool in St Annes will be set aside for motorhomes, in a six-month trial beginning in the spring.

It will be able to accommodate about 30 vehicles, staying for a maximum of three days, the council said.

From BBC News - Motorhome coastal parking plans for St Annes (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-16836604)

barryd
01-02-2012, 19:15
But its good news! Its all over the forums

http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/news/16593-great-news-fylde-council.html

Thanks anyway.

lotty
16-03-2012, 19:44
Parking restrictions are to be tightened up in on the Fylde coast to prevent motorhomes staying overnight on the main seafront road.

Instead, the car park behind the swimming pool in St Annes will be set aside for motorhomes, in a six-month trial beginning in the spring.

It will be able to accommodate about 30 vehicles, staying for a maximum of three days, the council said.

From BBC News - Motorhome coastal parking plans for St Annes (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-16836604)

Anyone know if this car park is open for Motorhomes yet?
Looking for somewhere this weekend and this is not too far for a one nighter for us, might have a drive up and check it out?

elainekirk
16-03-2012, 20:03
We were in lytham on Sunday and I nor our friends found any sign of it being open for motorhome we stopped at the west beach poi which is parking on a lane that leads onto the beach, very nice stop busy with dog walkers so early waking

AndyC
17-03-2012, 09:43
Anyone know if this car park is open for Motorhomes yet?
Looking for somewhere this weekend and this is not too far for a one nighter for us, might have a drive up and check it out?
It's not open yet, the latest from the council is that it is due to be discussed in a meeting next Wednesday, there is then a 6 day call-in period, meaning that they should be able to release final information the following week.

AndyC

avandriver
22-04-2012, 14:35
I cant find any more info on this .
has anyone heard anything about an update .

Steve

grath
22-04-2012, 14:44
It was posted about on Facts and it worked out expensive. I can't remember the exact figure but something like £8 or£9 just for parking overnight and then further charges if you arrive mid afternoon or stay next morning. Worked out about £13.
There was a vote about it and most even on Facts said it was too expensive:(
Shame though!

Also, don't forget it is a normal car park and cars can park between the M/H's and no facilities at all.
It's good that they have done it. but it has not been thought out properly!

maingate
22-04-2012, 14:54
Somebody reported using it and they were pestered by boy racers and yobbish behaviour, so they moved on.

tommytli
22-04-2012, 16:09
Somebody reported using it and they were pestered by boy racers and yobbish behaviour, so they moved on.

i think that could be the 1 further down that runs behind fairhaven lake, its quite long on they fly up and down it till all hours.
the one behind the pool is quite small so they cant drive up and down it like d*cks.
i was speaking to the woman whos has the little kiosk there and she said people are using it (as we have) at the moment its just normal pay and display rules until its officialy open

avandriver
22-04-2012, 18:43
Thanks Guys .

I think I will stick to the regular wild spots .

Steve

annetony
22-04-2012, 18:49
we went to Lytham at Easter and parked on the car park behind the pool, no one else came and around tea time some lads came on playing football, we were going to stay there overnight but chickened out and went to Cleveleys instead. The car park at the Fairhaven lake we were told is a bit dodgy with doggers etc.so we wouldn't stay there either. Cleveleys is ok but noisy with the boy racers driving past at breakneck speed and pomping the car horns as they go past..flipping childish if you ask me

Anne

robbie1003
22-04-2012, 19:13
went to st annes at weekend, never again. stayed in carpark behind swimingpool and was disturbed by hooligans in cars and on mopeds so we moved on a 130am.

queencatifah
13-02-2015, 17:36
The 'aire' is definitely open and is well signposted - it is in the swimming pool car park just to the west of the pier of St Annes - near to a Toby Carvery. It costs £5 overnight up to 9am the following morning when normal pay and display prices apply. We stayed in the area last week but as we prefer Lytham to St Annes we decided to stay at Fairhaven Lake, which is away from the centre of St Annes which can be rather rough. Fairhaven Lake and all the other seafront car parks specifically say no overnight parking and camping but no-one bothered us and we moved shortly after 9am when the pay and display day starts. There is plenty of parking on the road just the other side of the lake, so only had to drive for a couple of minutes and then got back into bed! Fairhaven Lake was a truly gorgeous spot! Bit of a cruising area methinks but no trouble to us!

muzz
19-02-2015, 17:26
Just spent two nights in the aire behind the pool. After reading some of the posts I was a little hessitant but have to say it's a great place to stop we had no trouble and two perfect nights sleep.

There are now 8 long bays to support MH upto 8M.
Maximum 3 night stop.
£5 per night 6pm till 10am
£8 for day and night parking
£16 for two days two nights.
£21 for three days three nights

You have the swiming pool, Cinima (£3.50 each) and a toby carvery at you doorstep plus bowling and arcade when open (presume summer months or weekends)

A good place to take the kids and keep them entertained if the weather is poor.
If I have one niggle it was the fellow MH parked for the two nights we stayed who let his waste water empty direct onto the floor. In my mind this is likely to get us a bad name and the only official aire in the area closed.

And a word of warning having parked up on the prom at Blackpool and paid and displayed I was advised by a traffic warden that since October last year there is now a motorhome ban day and night for parking on the prom £70 fine. I dont know the exact details but apparently it is on the pay and display machines if you look. I obviously did,nt:(
Luckily the chap let me off and just moved me on. We only stopped so the kids could go in an arcade.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS