PDA

View Full Version : POI files & Garmin 205.

tony
07-02-2012, 18:59
I know the wild camping spots show on my garmin near where the unit is.
my question is when i scroll forward through the pages on my garmin i suddenly find no more.
it starts off with "rhosson ganol, pembrokeshire in wales" that being the nearest point to me.
the last i can get is "ferryside , carmarthen in wales."
where are the ones in the rest of the country , are they on my garmin or not, will they show when i am in a different part ?
i know someone will have the answear
thanks all

tony

steco1958
07-02-2012, 19:23
Do you have an extra SD card in your Garmin, it could be that you have filled up your memory on the Garmin, and therefore the file ended at "F"

Have you tried to search for a particular site past the point at which you believe the file stopped at. i.e. Hawick

Steve

tony
07-02-2012, 19:31
there is loads of memory space left.
i also put them on an sd card with the same results.
tony

steco1958
07-02-2012, 19:49
Only thing I can suggest otherwise is, to open up the file on the computer in text editer, and see if the file actually goes past the "F" for ferrybridge that you have mentioned

tony
07-02-2012, 19:52
the complete file is on the computer but dont seem to be on my garmin.
i have down loaded it a couple of times using "poi loader" with the same results.
tony

steco1958
07-02-2012, 20:25
Tony,

Did you try and search for a site past the "F"

I have just tried with my Garmin, I only have 10 preview pages on all my POI's, i.e. 10 presses of the down arrow.

However I can search for a particular site via the spell option

tony
07-02-2012, 20:38
hi steve i done what you said & "HEY PRESTO" they are there.
problem sorted. you learn something every day.
you are a genius.

thanks

tony

Canalsman
07-02-2012, 23:03
Tony,

Did you try and search for a site past the "F"

I have just tried with my Garmin, I only have 10 preview pages on all my POI's, i.e. 10 presses of the down arrow.

However I can search for a particular site via the spell option

Thanks for your help Steve :)

Regards

Chris

raggity
08-02-2012, 12:46
Hi chris,just joined as i,m takeing the better half on a 40th she,l never forget.want to go wild camping and would like to get the poi on to my sat nav,can you give me an idea on how to get it and use it.many thanks.raggity

Canalsman
08-02-2012, 15:50
Hi chris,just joined as i,m takeing the better half on a 40th she,l never forget.want to go wild camping and would like to get the poi on to my sat nav,can you give me an idea on how to get it and use it.many thanks.raggity

You will need to sign up as a full member - click on the link 'Become a Full Member' - which costs 15 per annum.

Full instructions for download and use are provided.

The download includes details of over 3,700 places in England, Wales and Scotland, and you can browse them online using Google Earth, offline with Microsoft Autoroute, and you can download the information as POI's to most makes of satnav.

Regards

Chris

keithhep
08-02-2012, 18:23
I know the wild camping spots show on my garmin near where the unit is.
my question is when i scroll forward through the pages on my garmin i suddenly find no more.
it starts off with "rhosson ganol, pembrokeshire in wales" that being the nearest point to me.
the last i can get is "ferryside , carmarthen in wales."
where are the ones in the rest of the country , are they on my garmin or not, will they show when i am in a different part ?
i know someone will have the answear
thanks all

tony

Don't know if my experience will help as I have a different model, a 1490.
From main screen go to 'Where to?'
At the bottom of the next screen click 'Near' at the bottom of screen
On next screen select 'A Different City'
Enter the nearest place where you want to find a POI and select from the new list that appears.
You are then returned to the selection screen and any type of POI you select will be near the place you selected not near your present position.

Hope it helps

Canalsman
08-02-2012, 18:27
Don't know if my experience will help as I have a different model, a 1490.
From main screen go to 'Where to?'
At the bottom of the next screen click 'Near' at the bottom of screen
On next screen select 'A Different City'
Enter the nearest place where you want to find a POI and select from the new list that appears.
You are then returned to the selection screen and any type of POI you select will be near the place you selected not near your present position.

Hope it helps

Thank you :)

That's a useful tip ...

Regards

Chris

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS