PDA

View Full Version : ĦHola!

Holasuki
20-02-2012, 22:25
Hi everybody.
This is my first post, not a full member (yet) looking to see how it all works.
I bought my first motorhome two weeks ago (YAY!) and am raring to go.
I've spent 3 nights in it so far and am loving it.
I've done a lot of camping but my poor back can't take it anymore.

I have loads of questions but I won't bombard y'all with them all at once, so here's question number one:

I would like to fit a safari room / drive away awning / privacy room to my van ( aka Bertha). She already has a standard fiamma awning.
What's the best way to go about this without:
a. spending too many £££s and,
b. loads of bothersomeness.

All or any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Suki:juggle:

cobra rob
20-02-2012, 23:24
Congrats on your first motorhome :)Take your time and dont rush into anything, safari rooms etc can be heavy and take up a lot of precious storage space in the motorhome. Get a season under ur belt before rushing into big items. Safari rooms pop up second hand all the time so easy enough to pick up.

scampa
21-02-2012, 01:23
Hi and Welcome!! :wave:

kenspain
21-02-2012, 06:43
HI AND WELCOME

If you come over here the only place you can use all that is if you go on a campsite if you wilding you will last 5 min as soon as they see that you will be told to move believe me when i say told i mean told not ask.

bevdrew
21-02-2012, 07:16
Hi, and welcome.
We toyed with the idea of a safari room, for use when on a site - got dogs, grandkids etc. Already have a Fiammi Zip awning - but, as would have to take everything down to go out for the day, actually purchased a drive-away awning, which slides into the front groove on the Fiamma awning.

Easy peasy to slide out again and leaves the whole awning/tent thingy (with contents) standing at your pitch - useful pitch marker too - drive off for day and easy to re-attach on return.

Ours is a Outdoor Revolution Navigator XL, which is huge and fits our MH well - see pic here: http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/photo-gallery/16868-pics-our-highland-crimbo-trip.html#post172010

Hope this helps

Bev

Guernsey Donkey
21-02-2012, 20:57
Hi and :welcome: to the site.

Holasuki
21-02-2012, 21:48
Thank you all for your good advice and warm welcome.
Any suggestions on how to deal with a persistent snorer???
- makes my van shake.
Suki

Guernsey Donkey
21-02-2012, 22:46
- makes my van shake.
Suki

How about a tent:p

cobra rob
21-02-2012, 22:56
- makes my van shake.
Suki

Base ball bat lol :scared:

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS