PDA

View Full Version : Fishguard overnight stop.

MORGANTHEMOON
07-03-2012, 10:16
This is an overnight stop in Goodwick, Fishguard.
This is a really nice spot overlooking the harbour.
There is a Supermarket across the road and there is a cafe and toilets in the visitor centre which is free entry.

Fantastic walk around the town on the coastal path well worth the effort.

Fishguard town is just over a mile away.
There is an exhibition in the town telling the story of how a group of Welsh women fooled a ship of French invaders and captured them.

I was there end of last year and 5 Motorhomes were here overnight and into the day. The following night there were 3.
I checked there were no parking restrictions.

52.002653,-4.992133

Canalsman
07-03-2012, 13:38

Added to the POIs ...

Chris

Neckender
07-03-2012, 15:35
Thanks for these poi's morganthemoon, as we are thinking of spending some time in Wales this year :drive:, work permiting.

John.

MORGANTHEMOON
07-03-2012, 15:45
Thanks for these poi's morganthemoon, as we are thinking of spending some time in Wales this year :drive:, work permiting.

John.

Hi John,
Let me know when you are coming and what area you will visit and I will try and give you some ideas.

I will be listing many more.

I need to check some of them out first though. Google earth is years out of date and some areas shown dont exist now.

I also intend to contact some pubs and add them also.

freelander
08-03-2012, 01:04
Hi Morganthemoon, are you full time or do you just do moonlight flits! LOL Been following your posts over the last two weeks and you seem to travel South and West Wales quite a bit. Suggested a weekend meet for this area in another post what do you think!!!!:) Gail

MORGANTHEMOON
08-03-2012, 19:01
Hi Morganthemoon, are you full time or do you just do moonlight flits! LOL Been following your posts over the last two weeks and you seem to travel South and West Wales quite a bit. Suggested a weekend meet for this area in another post what do you think!!!!:) Gail

Hi Gail a meet in Wales could be a good idea in the summer.

Personally I would prefer a pub.

curlytail
28-03-2012, 00:05
We're intending to tour Pembrokeshire over a couple of weeks around the Easter period and appreciate the information about Fishguard. We have already had approval to stay over at the Salutation Inn, Felindre Farchog and Tafarn Emlyn Arms in Llanarthne but would like to know of any other dtopovers as we cant afford to stay behind pubs every night, plus our livers may object (mores the pity!) Also this area is one of the few places I have not visited and it sound beautiful. Are there many roads (mainly caostal) that would not be suitable for an A class motorhome or any roads/areas that are a definate No No?
Thanks Dave

Aspire
02-08-2012, 05:40
Hi John,
Let me know when you are coming and what area you will visit and I will try and give you some ideas.

I will be listing many more.

I need to check some of them out first though. Google earth is years out of date and some areas shown dont exist now.

I also intend to contact some pubs and add them also.

Have you tried the Salutation Inn 3 miles North of Newport, he allows (John Dennley) you to park free if you buy a drink or two and the food is very good there as well, another one is the Ship Aground at Dinas on the run through from Fishgaurd to Cardigan, nice size car park lovely food and good ale's but no dogs inside and children of certain age only, these are not from Google earth but from experience

Canalsman
02-08-2012, 13:30
Have you tried the Salutation Inn 3 miles North of Newport, he allows (John Dennley) you to park free if you buy a drink or two and the food is very good there as well, another one is the Ship Aground at Dinas on the run through from Fishgaurd to Cardigan, nice size car park lovely food and good ale's but no dogs inside and children of certain age only, these are not from Google earth but from experience

Thanks for these - I've added them to the Pub Stops in the POIs :)

Regards

Chris

curlytail
24-04-2013, 21:42
We were fortunate enough to visit this area of Wales again this Easter and enjoyed a reasonable priced meal, a good pint of real ale and a night on their car park at the Ship Aground at Dinas so thanks for the recommendation.

curlytail
24-04-2013, 21:51
This is an overnight stop in Goodwick, Fishguard.
This is a really nice spot overlooking the harbour.
There is a Supermarket across the road and there is a cafe and toilets in the visitor centre which is free entry.

Fantastic walk around the town on the coastal path well worth the effort.

Fishguard town is just over a mile away.
There is an exhibition in the town telling the story of how a group of Welsh women fooled a ship of French invaders and captured them.

I was there end of last year and 5 Motorhomes were here overnight and into the day. The following night there were 3.
I checked there were no parking restrictions.

52.002653,-4.992133
We felt it would be quieter across the road to the above car park - on the large car park at the rear of the garage and shops. At around 1 in the morning we wished we had stayed on the harbour car park as we were woken with lorries parking up as they had come off the ferry - we 'enjoyed' listening to a refrigerated lorry all night and all of them leaving in the early hours.
The tapestry in the library that you mentioned was very interesting and we really enjoyed Fishguard. We did spend a night at Strumble Head (4 miles away). The roads were narrow to get there in our A class but no problems - soon after we arrived in the late afternoon we went in to the porpoise viewing area and witnessed some not far off the land.

MORGANTHEMOON
24-04-2013, 22:09
We felt it would be quieter across the road to the above car park - on the large car park at the rear of the garage and shops. At around 1 in the morning we wished we had stayed on the harbour car park as we were woken with lorries parking up as they had come off the ferry - we 'enjoyed' listening to a refrigerated lorry all night and all of them leaving in the early hours.
The tapestry in the library that you mentioned was very interesting and we really enjoyed Fishguard. We did spend a night at Strumble Head (4 miles away). The roads were narrow to get there in our A class but no problems - soon after we arrived in the late afternoon we went in to the porpoise viewing area and witnessed some not far off the land.

I'm glad you enjoyed the area, there's something really wild about Strumble.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS