PDA

View Full Version : stop over Warwickshire on canal

THE BRIDGE INN
17-03-2012, 12:56
Thought Id share this great place to stop overnight, The Wharf Inn at Fenny Compton,Warwickshire CV47 2FE
( Banbury,Southam,Rugby)

This pub is on the Oxford canal, has a large car park and a grass area with hook up if desired, there is a well stocked shop at the back of the pub for bread, eggs, tinned stuff and ice creams etc: Plus they sell gas, walk into the main bar where there is a sign for the shop and a very clean launderette where we shoved our towels and linen through whilst having a coffee.

The place isn't noisy despite being on the main A423 possibly as its set so far off the road?

Also a good menu if you fancy not cooking and "result" ENTERTAINMENT ! bands most Fridays apparently. We went on Burlesque night I laughed till I cried and sang and danced all unexpected when we stopped overnight.

Very friendly staff and knowledgable about the area and shopping, I even got a swift shopping trip into TKMaxx on the way home from there ..yet another result.

Next day our daughter met us there and had huge roast then took dogs for a walk along the canal, which was lovely and relaxing as the sun was shining, everyone along the canal was happy to wave or chat to our grandson, who by the way loved the pigs the landlords keep in the garden, will be visiting again.:heart:

AndyC
17-03-2012, 15:01
Do they charge for an overnight stop?

I go past there from time to time, looks like there's a bit of a caravan site at the back of the grass area?

[later]
Just looked up their website, it is a caravan site, they charge 'from 5 per night'

AndyC

kateqknight
06-04-2012, 06:08
Do they charge for an overnight stop?

I go past there from time to time, looks like there's a bit of a caravan site at the back of the grass area?

[later]
Just looked up their website, it is a caravan site, they charge 'from 5 per night'

AndyC

Your right Andy the pub does have a campsite, you can park on the slip road though and not pay, however I wanted hook up and laundrette so paid for my stay, only right I thought if using the laundrette and shop.....but not required

The Colman
09-04-2013, 11:36
We stayed for one night on Good Friday en route. Despite arriving 10 mins before kitchen closed they still sorted some food for us. Handy shop including off licence. They charged us 5 as we didn't need a hook up. /we satyed in the first paddock (next to the pigs who were very quiet neighbours!) Main field looked a little crowded but it was Easter weekend I suppose. Useful as a stop off and staff were very welcoming.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS