PDA

View Full Version : Honfleur

lady barnet
03-06-2007, 21:07
Myself and pa clampett just returned from what started as a tour of vineyards of burgundy and ended up as a visit to south of france and back up again anyhow

honfleur - just south of le havre on the coast - rather a quaint old town with a marina - and lots of over priced cafes. There is an aire that costs 6.50euros a night. it is located to the north of honfleur by the bus station which is in the town itself. For this price you get electricity, water, a toilet (though mr meeke said you could see the boats sailing by through the gap in the door), chemical toilet disposal and grey water disposal. A bargain in my book and a stones throw (literally you are on the outskirts of the small town area).
If you park one side view of the port entrance and the other a view of the pont de normandie over a river - rather lovely.

There is a beach in walking distance and a municipal camping site - we made mistake of going to le briquerie listed in alan rogers - turned out 3k by road and at least 6k by cab(as we found out to our expense after a few calvados)

03-06-2007, 21:13
Myself and pa clampett just returned from what started as a tour of vineyards of burgundy and ended up as a visit to south of france and back up again anyhow

honfleur - just south of le havre on the coast - rather a quaint old town with a marina - and lots of over priced cafes. There is an aire that costs 6.50euros a night. it is located to the north of honfleur by the bus station which is in the town itself. For this price you get electricity, water, a toilet (though mr meeke said you could see the boats sailing by through the gap in the door), chemical toilet disposal and grey water disposal. A bargain in my book and a stones throw (literally you are on the outskirts of the small town area).
If you park one side view of the port entrance and the other a view of the pont de normandie over a river - rather lovely.

There is a beach in walking distance and a municipal camping site - we made mistake of going to le briquerie listed in alan rogers - turned out 3k by road and at least 6k by cab(as we found out to our expense after a few calvados)
Hi Lady Barnet.
I thought that you had gone static?

lady barnet
04-06-2007, 07:46
aye this was the last outing in desert storm - we certainly went out with a bang - have resolved when retire in 11yrs we will get a bigun with a fixed bed with the pension money. (oh and a bloomin telly that works)

04-06-2007, 08:16
aye this was the last outing in desert storm - we certainly went out with a bang - have resolved when retire in 11yrs we will get a bigun with a fixed bed with the pension money. (oh and a bloomin telly that works)
Good of ya to go out with a big bang.:D
Very pleased that you enjoyed your selves!:cool:

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS