PDA

View Full Version : Castle Hill, Huddersfield

nij
18-03-2012, 20:32
53.6229,-1.771116 - Google Maps (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=53.6229,-1.771116&hl=en&ll=53.622919,-1.771266&spn=0.002488,0.006899&num=1&t=k&z=17)

I have never stayed a night up here, but I have reccomended it to a few people who liked it. Can be windy so park in the lower part of the carpark (the best views are the top side though).

gooooooders
15-06-2015, 21:07
We visited with a plan to sleeping there this evening but by half 8 there were lots of 20-somethings coming and going in noisy fast cars doing wheel spins in the gravel. Groups of lads sat about on the benches drinking beer from cans.

Smashing view, nice castle, nice big car park but it seemed like it would still be full of activity at midnight and beyond so we stayed 15 minutes and moved on.

I look forward to a time when we can review/comment on each POI within the app. Apparently it's being planned.

The youngsters we saw were no threat to us, we didn't feel unsafe, but we have 2 small kids and we need to feel safe and relaxed. This POI didn't offer that tonight. I suspect when the weather is bad it is a better spot for campers.

POI Admin
15-06-2015, 21:41
Thanks for the update :D

helen262
16-06-2015, 04:35
I am very surprised to hear about the youths in cars at castle hill,as I lve very close to here and have never seen or heard of it being a problem, but i shall go and check it out over the next few days and if this is the case I shall inform the police, as they are keen on putting a end to this kind of thing around there, as there are a lot of people do visit there with families and dogs etc, I have heard Friday nights there is a different kind of dog activity goes on up there but it is a large enough area to keep out of their way.
Should anyone visit here again and not feel safe I have a large field quite field with great views less than 1 min away that they would be quite welcome to stay in
Richard

MollsPhot
16-06-2015, 06:32
We stayed there a few days ago. Sure it was a bit noisy with youths gathered but once it got properly dark they left and we had a peaceful night.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS