PDA

View Full Version : Haunted disused Airfield

neckie
07-06-2007, 22:02
Hi All

Acaster Malbis airfield near York. From A64 heading to york, turn off for Copmanthorpe/Acaster Malbis- when you reach the village, drive straight on, not into village which is a left turn. At the end of the road turn left, airfileld signposted. Continue down this road which cuts right across the old airfield. Main runway cuts across this road - take a right down the runway - hay bails on left - at the end- bear right follow taxi way which goes into a wood - nice and secluded. You will be near the old control tower which is quite eerie!! Camped there one night last week, woke in the middle of the night to hear the roar of aircraft engines.

Nothing strange in that................except the airfield closed in 1946!!!!!

Please note that this area is now being turned back into farmland so may be a problem in near future with access, but I never saw anyone (well not living) - quite a remote spot, but respect that it may now belong to a local farmer.

Papageo8
26-05-2008, 18:23
Sadly me and my friend had a drive out to the airfield, but is now fully owned by a farmer who didn't take to kind to our presence. We were only driving in the car so best to let you know to avoid in the future.

Thanks

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS