PDA

View Full Version : where to go easter2012

oldish hippy
31-03-2012, 08:21
where am i to go north, south somewhere not to hectic.got a lttle fuel so might as well get away.decisions,decsions, most probaly end up in cornwall with my fake cornish accent go and annoy the petrol staions only jesting. no ideas as of yet.but throw it open to forum ,

1 Dont need hook up or toilets, or shower {can manage}
2 Only need small space 12ft {eeyore only tiny~}
3 Dont need wifi {cause nothing of mine has wifi}
4 Nice veiws would be a bonus
5 Temps above -5 would be pleasENT

whitevanwoman
31-03-2012, 09:04
I'm going to be in the Harrogate area over Easter, meeting up with Firefox for a one day music festival on Saturday. I'm going to be wild camping near Pateley Bridge except for Sat night when we'll be staying over at the festival site.

I'm hoping to be able to meet up with Teffy whilst I'm in the area, possibly Good Friday, and you'd be very welcome to join us. But I know it is a massive drive for you so I'm guessing that it's probably too far. And it is North Yorkshire so I can't guarantee that it will be above -5C! But as it is a lovely area, there should be some good views.

Wherever you go I hope you have a good adventure, why not just get in the van and drive and see where you end up?

kimbowbill
31-03-2012, 09:19
If i get my van back in time, i am meeting up with Lotty and her hubby, could be ribblehead not sure yet, cant make any plans until i get my van, i will just stalk lotty :dance:

oldish hippy
31-03-2012, 09:38
I'm going to be in the Harrogate area over Easter, meeting up with Firefox for a one day music festival on Saturday. I'm going to be wild camping near Pateley Bridge except for Sat night when we'll be staying over at the festival site.

I'm hoping to be able to meet up with Teffy whilst I'm in the area, possibly Good Friday, and you'd be very welcome to join us. But I know it is a massive drive for you so I'm guessing that it's probably too far. And it is North Yorkshire so I can't guarantee that it will be above -5C! But as it is a lovely area, there should be some good views.

Wherever you go I hope you have a good adventure, why not just get in the van and drive and see where you end up?

try to persuade eyyore to stay away from pasty shops .if he had his way he live ouside permantly

AndyC
31-03-2012, 09:52
We're off to South Wales for a week.

Looks like we'll be in Wales on and off for much of the summer, got a commission which involves a lot of touring around :)

AndyC

whitevanwoman
31-03-2012, 09:55
If i get my van back in time, i am meeting up with Lotty and her hubby, could be ribblehead not sure yet, cant make any plans until i get my van, i will just stalk lotty :dance:

Hope you do get it back Jen. Might be able to link up with you at some point over Easter, depending on your route to / from home to RH.

kimbowbill
31-03-2012, 10:00
Hope you do get it back Jen. Might be able to link up with you at some point over Easter, depending on your route to / from home to RH.

Yeah, thanks Jess, its difficult to make plans just now as i dont like letting folk down, but will keep my eye on this thread and if all is well i would like to come up that way, and i think Lotty wants to re visit after having such a let down last time, i am hoping to pick her up on Good friday :rolleyes2: lol

kell
31-03-2012, 10:00
You're more than welcome to join us at the Barge Inn, Honeystreet, Wiltshire.
(As seen in another thread).

Bigpeetee
31-03-2012, 10:08
Go to where the majority of holiday makers come from.

IE. in North Wales, we get loads from Merseyside and Manchester, so if we go out, we head in that direction so the opposite way to the traffic coming into N Wales and the same on the way home.

Works a treat most times!!

grath
31-03-2012, 10:53
Since retirement, we are lucky enough to be able to choose when we go away and bank holidays is now a big NO NO:lol-053:
But when we did go away on Bank Holidays, we usually wilded around Wales and we did find some quiet places. They are there, but you need to look and get away from the masses.:boat:

oldish hippy
31-03-2012, 11:09
this place goe nuts cant walk around without getting bumped and the kids just charge across the sea front so drive one handed one hand permant on hand brake stops the nose dipping when slamming anchors on ,yep it wil be busy here next weekend,not worried about trafic as i drive village to village avoid the main drag routes.just write them down then use that if igoing somewhere inot sure off as sat nav playing up but do have the poi on there so have maps with them on

vindiboy
31-03-2012, 11:19
this place goe nuts cant walk around without getting bumped and the kids just charge across the sea front so drive one handed one hand permant on hand brake stops the nose dipping when slamming anchors on ,yep it wil be busy here next weekend,not worried about trafic as i drive village to village avoid the main drag routes.just write them down then use that if igoing somewhere inot sure off as sat nav playing up but do have the poi on there so have maps with them on Is it just me or did anyone else not understand this ?

Deleted user 21925
31-03-2012, 11:30
Just OH's inimitable style, I quite like it.

oldish hippy
31-03-2012, 11:39
Is it just me or did anyone else not understand this ?translation
oldish hippy

this place where i live goe nuts to many tourist cant walk around without getting bumped and the kids just charge across the sea front the kids seee the beach and run out int the roadso drive one handed one hand permant on hand brake stops the nose dipping when slamming anchors onmy van is capable of doing front wheel stopper ,yep it wil be busy here next weekend,not worried about trafic as i drive village to village avoid the main drag routes.how i navigate just write them down then use that if igoing somewhere inot sure off as sat nav playing up but do have the poi on there so have maps with them on

whitevanwoman
31-03-2012, 12:39
translation
oldish hippy

this place where i live goe nuts to many tourist cant walk around without getting bumped and the kids just charge across the sea front the kids seee the beach and run out int the roadso drive one handed one hand permant on hand brake stops the nose dipping when slamming anchors onmy van is capable of doing front wheel stopper ,yep it wil be busy here next weekend,not worried about trafic as i drive village to village avoid the main drag routes.how i navigate just write them down then use that if igoing somewhere inot sure off as sat nav playing up but do have the poi on there so have maps with them on

Not sure if that helps much :lol-053:

I got the gist of it, I've learned not to try to read each word individually, just to read the whole thing phonetically, it usually makes sense to me (eventually!) ;)

Teffy
31-03-2012, 12:50
Seldom have trouble with what OH writes, he writes like I think! Only I can't write like that because I went to a Grammar School and was terrorised into writing properly!

Deleted user 21925
31-03-2012, 12:58
Seldom have trouble with what OH writes, he writes like I think! Only I can't write like that because I went to a Grammar School and was terrorised into writing properly!

Me too!

oldish hippy
31-03-2012, 13:53
What is the best school , I know Life. I tend to type as I speak ,straight forward and honest.Regarding grammar never learnt that at school ,when i went that was. Please feel free to ask for a translation if you need one .LOL

Teffy
31-03-2012, 14:25
What is the best school , I know Life. I tend to type as I speak ,straight forward and honest.Regarding grammar never learnt that at school ,when i went that was. Please feel free to ask for a translation if you need one .LOL

One of the things I liked about my husband when I first met him is that he had rarely been to school!

Beemer
31-03-2012, 15:52
We're off to South Wales for a week.

Looks like we'll be in Wales on and off for much of the summer, got a commission which involves a lot of touring around :)

AndyC

We are off to South Wales too, on the way picking up my parents and taking them to the Pembrey motor racing circuit on Saturday for a day watching classic bikers, in particular sidecar outfits.

Ste
31-03-2012, 16:43
Just back from a night above Swaledale, which was just fantastic. Parents are off tomorrow to Hazelslack near Arnside in their's for a DA event. Special offer just 4/night & no booking required. Only problem, they reckon there's gonna be at least 150 other vans!!!!! Cheap, but not for me!!

Minisorella
31-03-2012, 16:55

Lol! No translation needed... really like your posts and it's all about chatting isn't it, not grammar :) I used to chat on another forum with a friend who would just keep writing one long sentence until she'd finished... no capital letters or stops or anything. No problem understanding her and we all loved her to bits but we used to tease and pretend to give her a bag of commas to sprinkle around her posts for pauses, because we'd get out of breath reading them! :lol-053:

As for Easter, we're the same as Grath - don't venture out too much on bank holidays... or weekends come to think of it! We're new to motorhoming and haven't done any wilding yet but once we get brave and more familiar with it all, I reckon that'll be our perfect antidote to school holidays ;) The other thing is, even if we wanted to book a CC or C&CC club site, all the members seem to have block booked every weekend through the year. We'd like to tour around a bit and see more of our lovely country(s) but unless we wild camp, we could come unstuck every bloomin' weekend. We'll need to be a bit more prepared next year I think!

I was playing with google earth the other day and I think I've found a good little spot on the outskirts of Reigate in Surrey... flat area on a very quiet country lane with views through the trees over Reigate Heath. I only live about 40 minutes away, so I'll take a drive up there one day and check it out in person before passing it on here.

scampa
31-03-2012, 17:09
Hmm.... Where to go at Easter?? You could make it somewhere seasonal....

If you don't want to travel too far, try Eggsminster, Eggsmouth or Eggseter in Devon.

Or travel north to Egginton in Derbyshire, or up to Eggremont in Cumbria.

There's some good wilding spots around the cute little village of "Bunny" in Notts!

Or you could always try a tour of the Easter-n Counties?? :egg::egg::egg: :)

nij
31-03-2012, 17:09
Were staying near my parents, dunno exactly where yet as there is loads of places. Plan is either Friday or Sat have a BBQ with them and a couple of friends then the following day have lunch at theirs :)

oldish hippy
31-03-2012, 17:10
Just back from a night above Swaledale, which was just fantastic. Parents are off tomorrow to Hazelslack near Arnside in their's for a DA event. Special offer just 4/night & no booking required. Only problem, they reckon there's gonna be at least 150 other vans!!!!! Cheap, but not for me!!

ok like you said"Cheap ,but not for me " the way i look at it is funds are tight 4 isnt a lot these days but rather spend the money on fuel or a towards a meal out in a pub if i use a ph site .yes do not what you mean by not for you ,it is not your scene that is what i think but it can be read two ways so just sticking my twopenny worth {i just about afford that}ub40 lol

oldish hippy
31-03-2012, 17:12
Hmm.... Where to go at Easter?? You could make it somewhere seasonal....

If you don't want to travel too far, try Eggsminster, Eggsmouth or Eggseter in Devon.

Or travel north to Egginton in Derbyshire, or up to Eggremont in Cumbria.

There's some good wilding spots around the cute little village of "Bunny" in Notts!

Or you could always try a tour of the Easter-n Counties?? :egg::egg::egg: :)

and yet another post by me it desevered a reply
and if ihad my thinking hat on i could go to eastertown
http://g.co/maps/zda5p and it not far away 5.3miles

scampa i think you got that eggs atly right

Firefox
31-03-2012, 17:32
I tend just to read important words as in speed reading... you can ignore most of any text and still get the sense. So what is in between, doesn't really matter. In OH's case it may confuse things even more to read the in between bits! So his prose is ideal for speed reading :tongue:

scampa
31-03-2012, 17:38
Maybeweshouldalltryreplyinglikethis?? idonthaveanyproblemshippyicanunderstandeverythingy ousay:)

Teffy
31-03-2012, 19:09
I still prefer the way OH does it, it's like a prose poem.

Techno100
31-03-2012, 19:18
Good Friday
Portsmouth
Saturday
St Malo
10 days to trundle across France into Spain to Denia
8 days in Denia then shoot to Santander and back home :-(

clobo
31-03-2012, 20:01
Newgale in Pembrokeshire for us

Kontiki
31-03-2012, 21:34
Probably go on a local MCC rally at Oswestry unless the forecast is for rain then we might as well stay at home.

raonaid
01-04-2012, 20:57
Looks like snow up here so hubby doesnt fancy going anywhere, cant say I blame him but I was soo looking forward to getting away, bah

Savanna
02-04-2012, 19:54
We're going to Anglesey - it's only our 2nd trip in our newly acquired Hymer - needless to say we're really excited! Planning to go wild!

sueperstarring
02-04-2012, 20:09
Spent last weekend in Dinas Dinlle...there were another 5 MH's there enjoying a little (!) Welsh sunshine! We only live in Llandudno and don't get much time to travel so we'll either go back to Dinas for Easter or maybe to Penmon (lovely spot!)

Happy Easter one and all and happy wilding! :dance:

Randonneur
02-04-2012, 20:28
For me, Easter weekend is a normal working weekend as its' my working week. I'll be metal bashing on titanium and aluminium for aerospace. :scared:

I should be able to get away for a few days in the week though, might do my shakedown run over to Moggs Eye or Huttoft. See what the winter has done to the van and what I'm going to have to repair or keep an eye on. :hammer:

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS