PDA

View Full Version : Ullswater

roifromnwales
03-01-2005, 16:29
Unofficial overnight stop on the roadside down Ullswater about 3 miles short of Glennridding. Two big parking areas, first does not have a "no overnight sign " ( and must be the only one in the national park not to have one ) the second one does.

stevek
05-01-2005, 19:21
riofromwales,whats going on? this entry is exactly the same word for word as my entry on the 9th oct ?

roifromnwales
05-01-2005, 20:00
i'm trying to replace the missing ones from the 1st time round. i have a very long list and i looked but couldn't see it there so i replaced it.
it should be word for word as i copired it originally and then have pasted it back.
sorry for duplicating but i've got about 200 to put on and it's confusing me one and only brain cell.
especially scotland coz i've not got them listed under counties.

SixWheels
25-02-2006, 22:22
Hi there,

If you continue on through Glenridding towards Patterdale, or if you head that way via the Kirkstone Pass and continue past Patterdale then you'll come to a car park at a bend in the road. It has a 'no overnight parking' sign on it but if you turn down the lane next to it (after it if via Kirkstone Pass, before it from Pooley Bridge/Glenridding) there's a long layby next to the beck (stream, to those who don't know the Lakes' perculiar terms) with no signs, and it's a great little stopover point, just make sure you park in a position that allows you to get out in the morning as it fills up quick with fellwalkers cars quite early.

Phil

Don
29-12-2007, 20:26
Overnight, last night 28/12/2007, Raised car park at Kirkstone pass, overlooking Ulswater.
Hailstone and high winds. Wild night as well as wild camp.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS