PDA

View Full Version : Conisborough Castle CU

northernspirit2001
04-04-2012, 19:10
Conisborough Castle CU lat=53.4826371862, lon=-1.22645056341

Lovely wooded spot in full view of the castle in all its splendour. Short walk to pubs, shops, takeaways etc. Road nearby is fairly quiet. Carpark signs says barrier closed 6pm to 9am but it didn't, prohibited HGV and coaches.

channa
04-04-2012, 19:45
I am seriously not trying to be funny, but do you mean conisbrough castle between Doncaster and Rotherham ?....slight difference in spelling
Channa

pj66
05-04-2012, 08:28
the pic is the one near doncaster

personally id be wary of parking there not least for the scroates that live near there, but the main road just at the back does get very busy

Dezi
05-04-2012, 13:49
the pic is the one near doncaster

personally id be wary of parking there not least for the scroates that live near there, but the main road just at the back does get very busy

Having always spoken up for our friends oop norf,especially the local Doncaster population, I find that statement a little bit harsh.

Only a lttle bit though !!!

Dezi :pc:

Old_Arthur
05-04-2012, 13:52
i think this place would seem like pure heaven after leaving hull :cool1: :baby:

channa
05-04-2012, 22:04
Already in coniisbrough doing the ticklecock by Jove,leave tomorrow for Wakefield.....

Ps 1 st scrap, in conisbrough lol

nij
05-04-2012, 22:09
Beautiful place.

Is Cusworth carpark still open (about ten years since i was there, if not more)

pj66
09-04-2012, 08:40
lol, i live in doncaster, come from sheffield and i know conny quite well, so its an informed statement :D

cusworth car park is open ,, but i have never seen a camper parked in there also there are car park charges as well now, everyone used to park on the road outside but "someone" made the verge into a mound of grass and dirt lol,,, spoilsports :raofl:

there is also sprotborough lock very nice place has a pub nearby but it is pretty open the canal boats moor up there, that has a path which goes all the way to conisborough and beyond, or the other way it goes right through doncaster

channa
12-04-2012, 09:26
lol, i live in doncaster, come from sheffield and i know conny quite well, so its an informed statement :D

cusworth car park is open ,, but i have never seen a camper parked in there also there are car park charges as well now, everyone used to park on the road outside but "someone" made the verge into a mound of grass and dirt lol,,, spoilsports :raofl:

there is also sprotborough lock very nice place has a pub nearby but it is pretty open the canal boats moor up there, that has a path which goes all the way to conisborough and beyond, or the other way it goes right through doncaster

I believe due to unwanted activities, Cusworth Hall is now closed at night..

Brodsworth hall could be a possibility, lots of pull ins etc in the area

Channa

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS