PDA

View Full Version : next few days

grath
08-04-2012, 10:57
Anybody going camping in the next few days?
We are, but can't decide where:rolleyes2:

kimbowbill
08-04-2012, 11:00
i would love too, but dont think a tent would be any good for Henry, lol, Farndon's nice, Newark, lincolnshire, worlds your oyster G, have fun and i hope the weather stays nice for you both xx

Hussar
08-04-2012, 11:10
Just back from overnighting at Stonehenge. Off to Bude area on Tuesday.

grath
08-04-2012, 11:13
We might do Ambleside again, or Wales, there again we could even go to Plymouth. We have to be back for the following Monday as drive contractor threatening to start work. Which was why we pulled out of the Buxworth meet.

Northerner
08-04-2012, 11:17
We should have been touring Kent. Every year we like to explore an area of Britain that we don't know well. I've been to Kent dozens of times but just to go to Dover or the Tunnel. Anyway, a very old and close friend died last Wednesday and we really do want to go to his funeral, so that's buggered up the trip. I can go to Kent any time but a friend's funeral happens just once. Off to Slovenia and Croatia for five weeks in late May though.

grath
08-04-2012, 11:23
Before we changed vans we were thinking of Slovenia and Croatia, but the added problems of over 3500kg put us off.
Now our van is under 3500kg (well might be and should be) we are thinking of a little nearer to home and cut down on fuel costs.
We did drive all down the Yugo coast, many years ago on our camping trip to Greece and Turkey.
It would be nice to do it again with a m/h

lotty
08-04-2012, 12:41
we always have the same problem, never know where to go? With not having much experience of wilding we somethimes struggle thinking of places to go that we will be able to stay over at.
We have just had a day and night in Castleton, back home now as the weathers turned up their now and don't fancy getting soaked all day.
Where ever you decide to go, I hope you have a great time.
:have fun:
Lotty

Dezi
08-04-2012, 12:51
Not within the next few days,but we are away towards the end of the month for six weeks or so completing our tour of the Cathar forts in southern France.

We will also meander though the pyrenees into northern Spain before coming back up to the Loire vally for a couple of weeks.

Currently sorting out routes, Aires & van.

Dezi :pc:

oldish hippy
08-04-2012, 18:03
Just back from overnighting at Stonehenge. Off to Bude area on Tuesday.was nice there this morning early

Morrisons bude just off a39
Stucley Road

Bude, EX23 8UA

ellisboy
08-04-2012, 19:39
http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad336/ellisboy_photos/4e2e623c.jpg
Been camping to try out the van! :wave:

grath
08-04-2012, 20:04
Looks a nice van:drive:

kimbowbill
08-04-2012, 20:23
http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad336/ellisboy_photos/4e2e623c.jpg
Been camping to try out the van! :wave:

Thats bang tidy!

jen

ellisboy
08-04-2012, 21:11
:wave: thanks! Yes it's progressing slowly,we wanted to try the bed ,fitted fridge and the toilet! No flush working yet though! The Mrs wants another window added at the end of the bed :sleep-040:,so another hole to cut out :banana::cheers: Stephen.

whitevanwoman
08-04-2012, 22:59
Me and Firefox are presently in Pateley Bridge near Harrogate / Ripon. Moving on tomorrow but not decided where yet but staying within the Dales, you're welcome to join us or meet up for a pub meal sometime between now and Wednesday. Will decided where to head for tomorrow morning, PM Firefox if you want to meet up somewhere as my laptop battery is about to die any minute.

grath
09-04-2012, 06:56
Me and Firefox are presently in Pateley Bridge near Harrogate / Ripon. Moving on tomorrow but not decided where yet but staying within the Dales, you're welcome to join us or meet up for a pub meal sometime between now and Wednesday. Will decided where to head for tomorrow morning, PM Firefox if you want to meet up somewhere as my laptop battery is about to die any minute.

Not sure if this was meant for Jen or us, but thank you very much, appreciated! We are thinking of Wales or Ambleside, but not going until Tuesday (I think)
Enjoy the Dales:have fun:

kimbowbill
09-04-2012, 07:20
I think it would be meant for you G, Jess knows i dont have my van, mind you, i have been invited to go up in my car, which was very kind of them, but having a few probs with my car now :cry:

grath
09-04-2012, 07:22
I think it would be meant for you G, Jess knows i dont have my van, mind you, i have been invited to go up in my car, which was very kind of them, but having a few probs with my car now :cry:

yes, I knew you are friends and I though you may have been asked to share, but then you have henry?

kimbowbill
09-04-2012, 07:24
yeah, Henry, poor Henry, nobody wants to share whith him, he snores terrible lol

oldish hippy
09-04-2012, 09:28
henry and rigg now that would fun see who snores the loudest

Oasis
09-04-2012, 09:29
Just been near Lytham for a couple of nights, but were not impressed by the area! Alright if you want to visit Blackpool but otherwise not many footpaths, car parks, tea shops (we like to spend some cash in the local are if we are not paying to camp) etc. So came home via Martin Mere WWT reserve where we did some bird watching!!

Nice van!

grath
09-04-2012, 13:47
I still don't know where to go, and the weather is not looking too inviting. waiting for ZIpnolan to report back about Beaumaris.

David & Ann
09-04-2012, 13:51
I still don't know where to go, and the weather is not looking too inviting. waiting for ZIpnolan to report back about Beaumaris.

Stay at home Graham. It is even lousy in Cornwall. Roll on end of May. ☺☺☺

grath
09-04-2012, 13:53
Stay at home Graham. It is even lousy in Cornwall. Roll on end of May. ☺☺☺

No, I have got to go as the following two to three weeks are out of the question:sad::sad:
I hate rain!!!

David & Ann
09-04-2012, 14:01
No, I have got to go as the following two to three weeks are out of the question:sad::sad:
I hate rain!!!

Boy oh boy. You are a man with a purpose. Okay my friend, just do it, BUT be safe. ☺☺☺

oldish hippy
09-04-2012, 15:07
Stay at home Graham. It is even lousy in Cornwall. Roll on end of May. ☺☺☺ knew it must of been on the change so thats why i came home

groyne
09-04-2012, 15:12
After last weeks adventure at Malham, we're going for Swaledale this week.

ivecotrucker
09-04-2012, 15:30
Dull, grey, wet here on the self-styled 'English Riviera' (a.k.a. S Devon) but we have to leave tomorrow as due Uig Sunday 15th; have appointment with a Cal-Mac ferry 16th. Forecast for Uists/Lewis looks dire for duration of our stay there.

ellisboy
09-04-2012, 16:49
Hissing down in Bournemouth :sad:

Deleted user 21925
09-04-2012, 16:53
Persisting it down in St Neots, bloody drought s getting on my nerves!:(

grath
09-04-2012, 17:12
It's going to be Wales/Anglesey or Ambleside.

lotty
09-04-2012, 17:15
It's going to be Wales/Anglesey or Ambleside.

don't forget the waterproofs and snorkel! :have fun:

grath
09-04-2012, 17:20
don't forget the waterproofs! :have fun:

Thanks Lorraine, they and everything else are always in the van, we keep it fully loaded all of the time, just having to restock some clothes and food & of course wine.
Just a few minutes ago, filled the boiler and water tank, yesterday we refilled drinking water bottles (30 litres)
Now ready for the off in the morning after sorting my bank out. I did a couple of transfers which should have shown online on thursday night and they are not showing as yet. With a little luck they will show in the morning. Probably due to the holiday!

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS