PDA

View Full Version : Centre of Stirling, just below the castle

Bluebellthemotorhome
15-04-2012, 18:26
Hi

We have just returned from a mammoth trip round Scotland and had a lovely night in Stirling Centre, just below the Castle on Upper Castle Hill. 56.12374,-3.945959

It is parking on a road, but there are no overnighting signs and designated parking is on the road. The road is very quiet and we had a fab nights sleep. 2 min walk to the castle, you are parked right under the castle walls. It looks amazing lit up at night. We walked down into town for some drinks and had a really great time.

If you are coming from the castle ignore the parking on the right as you have to pay. Travel 200 yrds and where you see the bays on the left there are no meters and no signs.

Happy Camping

champstar
23-04-2012, 19:44
This place would not be my kinda place...a quick hop up for the neds at the top of the town and a prime spot for a break in. This area can be frequented by junkies and other undesireables..be warned

AuldTam
23-04-2012, 23:12
Another word of warning...be very very careful if driving down the cobblestone road in wet weather, especially at the sharp bend...:scared:

antiquesam
24-04-2012, 12:09
I sometimes think that ignorance is bliss. How safe are we ever when wildcamping? After the basic steps of checking for skid marks on the carpark, broken windscreen on the floor, and strange looking balloons lying around do you don't want to think about too much else or you will only park up in caravan sites with barbed wire around it.

Bluebellthemotorhome
24-04-2012, 19:10
This place would not be my kinda place...a quick hop up for the neds at the top of the town and a prime spot for a break in. This area can be frequented by junkies and other undesireables..be warned

Blimey. I guess we were lucky then, as we had no idea about that, and had a very peaceful night. We felt very safe actually. We made sure when we pulled up that our side door wasn't on the road side, and it was actually inaccessible due to the castle bank being on the other side. We both commented how this actually made us feel safer than the other places we had stayed during our tour. Ignorance is bliss I guess!

Thanks for your warning though for those in the future.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS