PDA

View Full Version : Hardstanding at home

grath
16-04-2012, 09:52
As I type, the guys are digging out our front lawn and turning it into a hard standing. I already have a hook up point and an external tap, so could I turn it into a CL:idea-007::lol-053:
No only joking,:lol-049: I think the neighbours and the council would complain:scared:
Can't wait for it to be finished as for 8 years we have been driving onto wooden planks sitting on top of the lawn.
Maybe I could open an up market campsite for one vehicle 35 per night, but then there would be no where to park our van:confused: I could park it on the road and pocket the dosh:banana::idea:

donkey too
16-04-2012, 10:46
Good idea about the upmarket camp site. They could throw their grey waste onto your garden to attract loads of flies etc. or even do what seems to be in vogue in some areas and let it run down the street gutter. :lol-049: :lol-049: :lol-049: :lol-049:

grath
16-04-2012, 10:52
Good idea about the upmarket camp site. They could throw their grey waste onto your garden to attract loads of flies etc. or even do what seems to be in vogue in some areas and let it run down the street gutter. :lol-049: :lol-049: :lol-049: :lol-049:

Go away in quick jerky movements :shag: lol

kenspain
16-04-2012, 11:17
Your only having a hard standing done because your to lazy to cut the grass:lol-049::lol-049::lol-049::lol-049:

oldish hippy
16-04-2012, 11:23
all you need now is a drain on it to the sewer then come home open the taps and drop waste straight in to it dont forget if you putting down a weed membrane make sure it not water proof other wise the grey water will run into the road lol

grumpyengraver
16-04-2012, 11:28
As I type, the guys are digging out our front lawn and turning it into a hard standing. I already have a hook up point and an external tap, so could I turn it into a CL:idea-007::lol-053:
No only joking,:lol-049: I think the neighbours and the council would complain:scared:
Can't wait for it to be finished as for 8 years we have been driving onto wooden planks sitting on top of the lawn.
Maybe I could open an up market campsite for one vehicle 35 per night, but then there would be no where to park our van:confused: I could park it on the road and pocket the dosh:banana::idea:

I was thinking of doing the same as you, but there is so much rigmaroll ( dont know if that how its spelt) with the council to drop the pavement that I gave up, and they wanted 1000 to do the pavement. I could do the job myself for about 100 but they wont let you.

:danger: Men at work.

Tony

MORGANTHEMOON
16-04-2012, 12:17
I was thinking of doing the same as you, but there is so much rigmaroll ( dont know if that how its spelt) with the council to drop the pavement that I gave up, and they wanted 1000 to do the pavement. I could do the job myself for about 100 but they wont let you.

:danger: Men at work.

Tony

You can make some removable ramps to get over the pavement as I did.
My local council wanted a large fee to undertake the work.

I made a hard standing with hookup and I sneak off up to the motor home for some peace from the missus.

TV on Stella from the fridge. cant fault it.

I just need a photo up on the window of a beach on the med and I wont need to go anywhere then.

Just get the missus to talk to me in French and push a bagette through door and that would be just fine.

vwalan
16-04-2012, 12:32
a few years ago the council were putting new kerbs and pavement outside my house . i just asked for a few more drop kerbs to be fitted they did it. then brought my local gypsy tar mac friends in and they scraped the topsoil away . hard cored and tarmaced . ideal get up to 4 truck campers in the front now . got three in there now waiting for another from spain to arrive later on in the week. ideal. only got 3 vw,s and two lorry containers round the back .hee hee .i like living here. bit like steptoes yard .

grath
16-04-2012, 12:35
Already got two man hole covers for the dump.
Two six wheelers full of soil & clay (about 16 ton on each) and one load of hard core up to now.
Maybe could take 4 M/Hs if two inches apart:idea-007:

Could compete with Alan

vwalan
16-04-2012, 13:34
hi grath dont know what i would do if i had to live in a town. i knew when we moved here all those years ago it might be the last place i live . still havent done all i wanted to. still really could do with rebuilding the garage and a truck port . but now feel too old to enjoy the extra garage space. if we had enough money then to do all you wanted . would have had a different place to live . hee hee
keep thinking sell a vehicle make more space .then go and buy another as it was a good price or i just like it.

fairytooth
16-04-2012, 16:31

I made a hard standing with hookup and I sneak off up to the motor home for some peace from the missus.

I just need a photo up on the window of a beach on the med and I wont need to go anywhere then.

Just get the missus to talk to me in French and push a bagette through door and that would be just fine.

It sounds like your missus might shove a baguette somewhere tighter than your doorway if you're not careful :hammer::lol-049:

Kontiki
16-04-2012, 20:03
Had our front garden block paved some years ago, decided that apart from cutting the grass & parking on the drive we don't use it. We could fit another 2 or 3 vans apart from ours.

Beemer
16-04-2012, 21:15
Had our front garden block paved some years ago, decided that apart from cutting the grass & parking on the drive we don't use it. We could fit another 2 or 3 vans apart from ours.

When we moved into our house the front garden was just that, a front garden! So I pulled up anything that was growing and levelled it, spent a full day whacking hardcore down, and then got a local tarmac company to lay some black stuff...just the job.
we initially were going to have block paving done but then got the quotes and decided tarmac was cheaper!!!!

kimbowbill
17-04-2012, 06:40

great idea, i have room on my drive and garden for about 5 vans mmmmmm 5x35 = 175 per night mmmm new van here we come lol,

grumpyengraver
17-04-2012, 10:29

our council dont like that, they come round now and again and warn you, its an affence to drive on or over the pavement. Just a load of jobs worths.
Makes me mad as its our own house not a council property.

vindiboy
17-04-2012, 10:57
A friend in Worthing used a Council approved Contractor to lower his pavement / drop kerb and got it done very cheap, his neighbour had it done at the same time for cash ,even cheaper, so once the Council approves the action it is plain sailing or so it seems.

grath
22-04-2012, 11:19
Just had a little opening ceremony, Kath cut the ribbon:raofl::banana: and we first run the car on the new hardstanding and then the motorhome and all is well:cool:
Now we at last have a proper hard standing with hook up and a water tap:king:
Should have done it years ago:banana:

MORGANTHEMOON
22-04-2012, 11:47
Just had a little opening ceremony, Kath cut the ribbon:raofl::banana: and we first run the car on the new hardstanding and then the motorhome and all is well:cool:
Now we at last have a proper hard standing with hook up and a water tap:king:
Should have done it years ago:banana:

You can sleep in it tonight.

fishy & Nina
22-04-2012, 12:16
a few years ago the council were putting new kerbs and pavement outside my house . i just asked for a few more drop kerbs to be fitted they did it. then brought my local gypsy tar mac friends in and they scraped the topsoil away . hard cored and tarmaced . ideal get up to 4 truck campers in the front now . got three in there now waiting for another from spain to arrive later on in the week. ideal. only got 3 vw,s and two lorry containers round the back .hee hee .i like living here. bit like steptoes yard .

Crikey.................you must cover most of Roche :lol-049: says he living in a house in Launceston where the cat hits the wall when you swing it.............

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS