PDA

View Full Version : hampshire downs

jiffers
01-07-2007, 20:54
near kingsclere head out from kingsclere to whitchurch at the top of the big hill just outside kingsclere turn left into carpark great veiw over the downs about 1/2 hour stroll to the famous watership down.
stayed last night no one came up there at all and a great veiw this morning even though it was raining hard

jiff

SLSHAG
18-01-2009, 17:31
near kingsclere head out from kingsclere to whitchurch at the top of the big hill just outside kingsclere turn left into carpark great veiw over the downs about 1/2 hour stroll to the famous watership down.
stayed last night no one came up there at all and a great veiw this morning even though it was raining hard

jiff

Had planned to see the New Year in at this beautiful spot, but 'man-flu' meant we had to delay. Stayed their a few days later and also enjoyed the wonderful vista on a crisp January morning. Only one other vehicle pulled up during the night, but didn't stay long. After our walk we returned to be greeted by some of the local gentry (around 1030), who were all very polite and friendly. A truly great spot........thank you jiffers.:)

DocHoliday
21-06-2009, 15:36
Thanks, jiffers! Spent last night at this very lovely spot, all to myself. Good dongle signal, too, with both 3 and Vodafone, due to the proximity of a huge mast.
The car park is at White Hill, twenty yards back from the B3051. Turn sharp left up a short incline once you see a parking area on the right.
GPS: N 51.30586, W 1.26025

JED THE SPREAD
15-07-2009, 11:16
Yep great spot, you wouldnt even know it was there from the road. Very pleasant stay, good views etc. Even the group of 20 or so horse riders gave a good morning on the Saturday. Its the first stop in this clip

YouTube - Dorset Weekender in a Vw T25 Syncro Doka (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7JOSQnv3nM)

jed

messenger 2.5td
15-07-2009, 19:36
Great video Jed,spectacular views more for the to do list thanks for sharing,Andy;):):cool:

Firefox
15-09-2009, 17:07
From Flash Earth ...satellite and aerial imagery of the Earth in Flash (http://www.flashearth.com/)

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/9837/kingsclere.jpg

Have to try this one it looks great!

ThursdaysChild
15-09-2009, 22:27
and I thought I was keeping this one a secret !!!!

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

maingate
15-09-2009, 22:55
and I thought I was keeping this one a secret !!!!

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
If you want to keep your own wildcamping places a secret and learn new ones from members who are not so selfish then you go ahead son.

You have not made any wildcamping posts in 3 months. My advice is do not tell anyone your tag if you meet them as they may not be very happy with you.

ajs
15-09-2009, 23:09
If you want to keep your own wildcamping places a secret and learn new ones from members who are not so selfish then you go ahead son.

You have not made any wildcamping posts in 3 months. My advice is do not tell anyone your tag if you meet them as they may not be very happy with you.

sounded like tongue in cheek te me yer numpty:rolleyes:...but what do i know eh...:eek:

anyway... what was thursdays child full of...can't remember:confused::confused:

retards:p
aj

ThursdaysChild
19-09-2009, 09:43
Oh dear, Mr Maingate- Senior Member

Didn't the " Grrrrr " tell you anything ?

TC- Junior Member

maingate
19-09-2009, 10:33
Oh dear, Mr Maingate- Senior Member

Didn't the " Grrrrr " tell you anything ?

TC- Junior Member
I am sorry for sounding so grumpy, I could have put it better but the basis of this site is to pass on useful info as well as gain it.

The more postings you make the sooner you will be a senior member (actually, I find the title a bit embarassing) and get all of the extra benefits that come with it. I will think of one in a minute.

There are only a handful of regular contributors out of the 8000+ membership, so most are gaining but not contributing. There was a brilliant wildcamping spot at Bamburgh which has been lost because wildcampers set up shop long term and annoyed the locals. It was worth 10 a night just for the view.

If you want somewhere to wildcamp in the cold dark icy north, I will be ready to assist.

Regards maingate

ThursdaysChild
21-09-2009, 18:03
Not a problem - but you have expressed the fear that we all have. Too much exposure leads to too much usage and the attention of zealous council officials. We have lost too many good spots to 2m barriers because of overexposure.
I say nothing about *****s following us in and losing us our spots.

TC

bongocrazy
15-10-2009, 18:41
Hi all new here, me and hubby have just brought our 1st mazda bongo and after seing and reading all these posts we are really itching to get out on our 1st adventure. we have already had a day out in the forest to test the water and wish we didnt have to go home!!!!. Jayne and Kris

Firefox
15-10-2009, 23:08
sounded like tongue in cheek te me yer numpty:rolleyes:...but what do i know eh...:eek:

anyway... what was thursdays child full of...can't remember:confused::confused:

retards:p
aj

Thursday's child had far to go.

Firefox
15-10-2009, 23:09
Hi all new here, me and hubby have just brought our 1st mazda bongo and after seing and reading all these posts we are really itching to get out on our 1st adventure. we have already had a day out in the forest to test the water and wish we didnt have to go home!!!!. Jayne and Kris

Hehehe, you don't have to go home. If they lock the forest up, I'm sure you can find somewhere :D

exginger
07-08-2011, 13:28

jiff

spent last night here, nobody bothered us, INCREDIBLE views, highly recommended !!!!!!!!!!!!

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS