PDA

View Full Version : Over Night Reading Town Centre

wolfie69
22-04-2012, 16:16
Hi,

Not sure if this has been posted before, couldn't find it on a search.

I had a few meeting in Reading last week so decided to over night as close to the center as possible.

As I always do when overnighting in a city centre, I look on the local councils carparking section. This is listed as the Cattle Market Car Park over night parking 4 (24hrs)

Great Knollys St
Reading RG1

51.458366,-0.980283

I arrived about 22:30hrs and there were 5 or 6 cars and a HGV parked up, very quite.

This is next door to the Bus Depot and is very busy in the morning with Commuters parking for work. But being very Deaf and a heavy sleep had no problem at all. Plus I was up for work anyway.

I got a good BT Openzone WiFi connection with my Booster Ariel in the evening and in the morning the Bus Depot WiFi was open!

It probably worth putting on your list.

Cheers
Matthew

Canalsman
23-04-2012, 18:46
Hi Matthew

Please can you check that there are no restrictions on sleeping in vehicles that apply to this car park.

If not, it will be most unusual ...

Regards

Chris

geebus
26-08-2013, 00:20
If you go a little further out to Loverock road, plenty of HGVs park up there and on Stadium way, which is the next one along.
Is next to the train line, however.

Dezi
26-08-2013, 07:07
Hi Matthew

Please can you check that there are no restrictions on sleeping in vehicles that apply to this car park.

If not, it will be most unusual ...

Regards

Chris

Hi Chris, I have used this CP in the past.

Little or no information other than this.

https://www.ncp.co.uk/reading

Dezi

AndyC
26-08-2013, 11:12
The Cattle Market car park sign states 'no caravans' with a picture of a caravan, and 'no camping' with a picture of a tent. A zealous NCP attendant might issue you with a charge notice but I doubt that those conditions, as presented, would be considered by a court as being applicable to someone staying overnight in a motorhome.

AndyC

marydot
26-08-2013, 16:54
I think I'm being a bit dim today - when I saw the title I wondered why people wanted to spend time overnight reading in the town centre! :lol-049:

Mary

AlaskaGuy
18-10-2015, 10:15
I sometimes use the P&R at the stadium. No height barriers but a 6'6" width restriction from 6pm-7am. Free parking and portaloo. 3 return bus fare to town centre and main rail station. Discreet overnight presence has not caused me any problems.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS