PDA

View Full Version : NOP sign at St Mary's Loch Loch of the Lowes - Tibbie Shiels

Vanterrier
30-04-2012, 09:32
NOP sign on this popular picnic and wild camping spot only targets Motorhomes and allows tents. What is more likely to deter me in future is the access to it which I grounded on heavily despite being only lightly loaded and taking it slowly. so beware!

nearby Tibbie shiels site is to be avoided as expensive for what is effectively wildcamping on a pub carpark, facilities are poor and site rules wierd...

K ;)

runnach
30-04-2012, 10:44
I use this place often, I wonder how enforceable this sign is, need to check it out?

Sign is wood, Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :ninja:

Vanterrier
30-04-2012, 11:05
Sign is wood, Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :ninja:

sometimes described as "Willburn"

K ;)

red ted
30-04-2012, 16:15
NOP sign on this popular picnic and wild camping spot only targets Motorhomes and allows tents. What is more likely to deter me in future is the access to it which I grounded on heavily despite being only lightly loaded and taking it slowly. so beware!

nearby Tibbie shiels site is to be avoided as expensive for what is effectively wildcamping on a pub carpark, facilities are poor and site rules wierd...

K ;)Is it not worth putting a small tent up close to your van till the nosey sod bugger go

runnach
30-04-2012, 16:29
A hot branding iron type device heated up on campfire, once red hot, sizzle out the "NOT".................I know, me bad :dance:

runnach
30-04-2012, 16:47
A hot branding iron type device heated up on campfire, once red hot, sizzle out the "NOT".................I know, me bad :dance:

Oops, apologies for double post, I tried to delete, but can't, admin feel free to delete...............ta.

ivecotrucker
30-04-2012, 18:43
Hi Runnach. There are a LOT more yellow NOP signs on the Scots mainland compared to our last visit 5 years ago. Perhaps we'll spend our pensions elsewhere (England,Wales,France,Spain,Italy etc.etc.).

Ste
30-04-2012, 19:45
Stealth camper & park next to someone elses tent!!!???

runnach
30-04-2012, 21:34
Hi Runnach. There are a LOT more yellow NOP signs on the Scots mainland compared to our last visit 5 years ago. Perhaps we'll spend our pensions elsewhere (England,Wales,France,Spain,Italy etc.etc.).

Hi, and there have been a few posts on here regarding NOP signs, however, I believe many are not enforceable, a search here will confirm this.

Can't say I blame you stating you will perhaps spend your 's elsewhere, it does take the edge of trips when all you view is NOP signs, I tend just to ignore them, as I'm a stakeholder, I contribute to running the system, as you do too!

:cheers:

P McClure
01-05-2012, 06:23
I know it's early, so I've not woken up fully,but what does NOP mean?:confused:

Deleted user 21925
01-05-2012, 06:27
No Overnight Parking

P McClure
01-05-2012, 15:30
Hi, and there have been a few posts on here regarding NOP signs, however, I believe many are not enforceable, a search here will confirm this.

Can't say I blame you stating you will perhaps spend your 's elsewhere, it does take the edge of trips when all you view is NOP signs, I tend just to ignore them, as I'm a stakeholder, I contribute to running the system, as you do too!

:cheers:

In what way might they not be enforceable?

kimbowbill
01-05-2012, 17:21
Groundhog day :lol-053:

Rubbertramp
01-05-2012, 20:37
In what way might they not be enforceable?

This thread might be of some help

http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/general-chat/15445-no-overnight-parking-signs.html

If you do a search of the site for "No Overnight Parking" or "TROs" you'll find a wealth of info on the subject.

runnach
01-05-2012, 20:51

^clicky^

It's ok, I've been doon and fixed this situation :drive:

Vanterrier
02-05-2012, 19:08

^clicky^

It's ok, I've been doon and fixed this situation :drive:

Works for me...

K ;)

ivecotrucker
02-05-2012, 19:50
Full marks Runnach for your ongoing experiments with the buoyancy values of NOP signs in deep water - purely in the name of science of course.

runnach
02-05-2012, 21:47
I've actually dived this exact spot many years ago, only once, as it was bl@@dy freezing and visability less than six inches, making me cold thinking about it!!

runnach
02-05-2012, 21:55
No risk of anyone finding it then if these floods just happened to wash it away ?????

Saint Mary's can easily freeze over in severe winter weather, I know of one guy (kitted up) drove a clapped out mini over the ice till it gave, then fin back to shore. I know, tis was a dodgy act, but hey ho, at around 40 metre deep, who the hell is going to find it :danger:

Ps, where are the floods happening??

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS